Kurt Geiger

Kurt Geiger Employer Reviews

Busy and productive work place.
Stock controller (Current Employee), londonAugust 5, 2014
Pros: luxurious department store
Cons: no incentives
my typical day at work starts with a delivery coming in at 7 am, unloading the van and getting the stock to the required department and checked off ensuring no discrepancies and damage. once all this is done to ensure all new stock is pulled for display and put away in right stockroom. ensuring the stock is running alphabetical and numerical for sales – more... associates to serve without no fuss.
I have learned how to work within a large team and how to communicate with all different people from different backgrounds. I have learned how to problem solve in many different difficult situations.
I have a great working relationship with all the managers at my company and am often relied upon to get tasks finished within the team.
I also have a great professional and social relationship with my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the huge deliveries we receive on a daily basis and ensuring they are out on display asap for the staff to sell. Especially during the sale time when everything gets busier.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working within such a close group of stock controllers. Also being able to spend everyday in one of the most luxurious stores in the world. – less
Enjoybale and great management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), LeicesterAugust 3, 2014
I really enjoyed working here since my manager was brilliant and extremly flexible with my hours. She worked around my uni timetable which helped me out a lot. The hardest part of the job was to wear high heels during my shifts since i couldnt wear flats.
Fun workplace
Womens designer shoe gallery (Former Employee), Oxford Street, ENGMay 8, 2014
Pros: nice commission
Cons: holiday commission
Amazing place to work, amazing team. I have learnt to adapt in different environment.
Website Photography and Website Editor (Former Employee), Thrapton, NorthamptonshireMay 6, 2014
Pros: discount on shoes and listening to music while working on low volume.
Everyday we would get an email from head office with a list of products that needed to be uploaded onto the website with details and photos, then me and my work friend would brief each other then fetch the shoes from the stock floor. I learned new skills and how to get the work done fast and precises. Management were friendly and demanding at the same – more... time. The hardest part of the job was correcting mistakes on things that was not quite clear on the screen, due to different screens. Most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing my dream and working behind a camera and editing photos as well as the social side of it. – less
My Skills
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Guildford, ENGMarch 14, 2014
I have worked within the retail industry for over 8 years and have been with Kurt Geiger for two and half .
Customer focused
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Wolverhampton, ENGMarch 1, 2014
Cons: not enough training
Woking part time I would open up the tills count float, get ready for the start of the day. Cleaning the department, processing deliveries, achieving targets and KPIs for the store. Giving outstanding customer service and advising on the latest looks. Worked in a temporary role co workers were unhelpful as worked on own. It was difficult to serve customers – more... in the sale and to process till transactions at the same time, but I always acknowledged customers to insure I will be with them. I enjoyed looking at the new proiducts that arrived instore. – less
Productive, luxury work place
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Preston, ENGFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: competitive discount
Thoroughly enjoy being part of the team at Kurt Geiger. Trained to excellence with the employee training packages provided and consistent incentives and tasks performed daily within the business. A fast paced, fun working environment where you build strong working relationships with your colleagues.

The hours are convenient. It's rewarding seeing happy – more... customers and returning customers and also a motive!

Great management who try to meet you half way in achieving an enjoyable experience as well as a hard working one.

Holidays and Discount is also a great pro! – less
Mall hours
Sales consultant (Former Employee), Vanderbijlpark, GPFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch when targets are met
Cons: long hours
The mall hours were very long. We are always on our feet and the shoes are uncomfortable because the store requires that you wear formal wear. For this I believe that more incentives be given for the employees because we would be demotivated at times.
Productive and dynamic place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: opportunities of growth, quality items, training, good hours, learning psychological feature of people.
Kurt Geiger concerns shoes retail for Ladies and Gentleman. The Shop is provided of a wide range of shoes, some of these are accessible to anyone, while others, are slightly more expensive.
My job used to be stockroom supervisor, but 50% of the time I was working on the shop floor as a sales assistant. I had to work very close with the manager in order – more... to keep him always up to date about the stock (replacement, new items, stocktaking, paperwork, discrepancies, stock rotation). Once the stockroom was done, I was able to follow customers on the floor or to provide items required by others sales assistants.
Kurt Geiger was located in Regent's Street. It used to be very busy place and achieving deliveries on time was needed. Sometimes, deliveries were massive, especially near the new season launch. Improving organizational skills has been a must in order to optimize the time and make available all the required items by opening time.
I was aware of every single items within he stockroom, and so, able to guide and help any member of the staff.
Despite my role within the storage, I had to cover on the floor too. Thanks to a long training obtained in Zara Store, I had already the capability for a great customer service. The melting pot of attitude, image, availability, product knowledge, honesty and taste is the key to gain a great customer relationship. In order to reach a good amount of sales, I had to offer many alternative, and sometimes, guessing what customers were looking for. When you work inside the fashion industry the best result you may get is dressing up people with your ideas. – less
fun and energetic work place
Sales advisor (Current Employee), swanseaFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: discount on shoes
Cons: long hours
A fun place, energetic, nice to work with fashion and keep up to date with trends.
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Croydon, ENGJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: good discounts
Cons: long hours
i like to be busy and with this job i am as i do transfers, emails, delivery, i always lean somthing new
Small but Productive Working Environment
Buyers Admin Assistant (Former Employee), London, FarringtonJuly 26, 2013
Kurt Geiger's working environment was a lot more low key and less lively compared to some of the other places i have previously been to. I believe this is the case because the teams are smaller, but producing the same amount of options as TOPMAN for example, who have more teams focusing all on different department. I first learnt how to work with Critical – more... Paths at KG and also did some designing while i was there. Down to several Comp Shops and research i completed i managed to help produce a few pairs of shoes that were actually made and sold in Kurt Geiger retail stores that stocked the mens collections. – less
kurt geiger manager
concession manager (Current Employee), prestonDecember 11, 2012
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: weekend work and holiay ban periods over sale / christmas/ bank holidays
Kurt geiger is a high end fashion retail shoe company and each day we get to sell the best of the best footwear to women and men ..
A day as a manager would involve overseeing staff performance along side any needed training .. maintaining store standards along with company visual guidelines wile hitting daily targets.
maintaining a strict zero tolerances – more... in admin along with stockroom control and payroll ..
deliveries and getting out the latest season stock ..
maintaining my own as well as staff grooming and uniform standards..
keeping a close relationship with area management and other managers within the are .
providing the best customer service and getting a real good selling satisfaction makes the job amazing .. – less
great team.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Canary WharfJuly 5, 2012
I learned a number of valuable skills on how to manage a team and my time appropriately. I taught myself and the team anything I felt was useful showing I am capable of using my own initiative and also able to give direction in a professional but friendly manner which my team respected. My co-workers where great to work with they took information on – more... board and used it appropriately and worked well together. The hardest part of the job was mainly not feeling that there was much support from Head Office/ HR team. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team as we all got on so well, the experience it gave me in a managerial position and the customers as we would have regular customers who came back purely because they enjoyed their experience shopping at our store. – less

About Kurt Geiger