Kutak Rock LLP Employee Reviews

Professional
Temp. Job. Data entry (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 23, 2018
I only worked there for a temp job but the environment was friendly and professional. The parking for downtown was the best, cover garage,valet and company paid.
Philadelphia Office has a horrible work environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2018
The Philadelphia office has a horrible work environment because of 1attorney that should not be allowed to work with the public at all. Lack.of professionalism and it's tolerated by the office manager.
Pros
Great secretaries
Cons
Chain of command is horrible and nothing is done about it. Hostile environment
Best Company ever worked for to date
LEGAL FILE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 18, 2017
It was a really great Law Firm company to work for during my 10 years as a legal file clerk, lot of demanding work duties, cross training to help other staff members with their work loads as needed.

Management was always there for me during my time at Kutak at work and in my private life.

At times communication between certain employees would cause some issues but eventually all problems were resolved.

A regular day at work was arriving at 10 am, indexed legal docs onto company system, created and setup new files, closed files as needed, boxed and shipped closed files to corporate office, covered receptionist during lunch and breaks, stocked and maintained all office supplies and office equipment, plus did various other miscellaneous duties when asked.

Also assisted my supervisor with new employee training when they were out and with new employee's daily work productivity to note mistakes if any and have them correct them.

All staff was nice as were the attorneys.

I will miss working at this firm though my contracted clerk position time there had ended, but was never truly given a specific amount of time as a contracted file clerk.

Keep in touch with my ex supervisor she was great even helped her move 3 or 4 times.
Pros
Raises, 401k, profit sharing, bonuses, free lunches, prizes, gifts
Cons
Only thing I didnt like was miss communication between employees
Na
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 7, 2017
NA Great company I would recommend this organization to someone else. I did enjoy working for this company and it was a great experience working for the law firm.
fun, fast paced environment with opportunities for advancement
Legal Secretary/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 14, 2017
worked here and was given opportunity to advance to more challenging work and positions. good work life balance. feel appreciated by attorneys and management. great co-workers.
Pros
fun people and fun work.
Cons
stressful deadlines.
Bad Working Environment
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 26, 2017
Not a great place to work if you are not an attorney. Horrible office management. Culture is terrible. Don't give out fair assessments or raises. Workplace Culture is a joke. Staff is not shown much appreciation and staff is always wrong and the office manager is not an advocate for the staff.
Corporate paralegal work
Paralegal - Corporate (Former Employee) –  OmahaJune 26, 2017
Typical day consists of handling formation of corporations, filing annual reports working on sale leasebacks. I learned a great deal about corporate,real estate and sale leasebacks, mergers and acquisitions.Management was good a great firm to work for. Workplace. Hardest part was dealing with so many different lawyers. Enjoyable part was working with the clients
Pros
Good pay, good workplace
Cons
Travel andovertime
Unpleasant workplace
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2017
The office and attorneys, save 2-3, are unfriendly, even somewhat cold in face to face conversations. This is a satellite office for a larger firm in the Midwest.
Great Firm but terrible communication
Legal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 18, 2017
This firm is a great place to work. They offer wonderful benefits and have many additional perks throughout the year. However there is not really any obvious person you can go to to discuss problems. They do have a committee but it's more or less for silly stuff not necessarily job issues. Also the attorneys are terrible at communication with the lower level staff and forget about approaching them directly they will do/change anything.
Excellent
Evening Word Processor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 24, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my position. The benefits were great, the people friendly but professional, and Kutak was well organized.

There is a gym for people to use, and we received occasional cash bonuses.
Pros
Bonuses, great coworkers
Paralegal
Paralegal, Electronic Discovery Project Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 19, 2016
Great with benefits and pay and work life balance. They do not like you to work overtime unless it is absolutely necessary.
Fast paced and exciting because some of the clients.
Legal Secretary, Civil (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Good experience and work atmosphere. Management were fair and often rewarded staff in dinners or gifts. Would not hesitate to hire temps if the work load became too heavy and to be sure deadlines were met.

Immediate supervisor (office manager) was great to work for.
Pros
Close to home less commuting.
Cons
Short staffed at times.
drama zone
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 26, 2015
the co workers made this job horrible. To much talking not enough work, and they will get mad if the boss tells you something and you do it and they don't.
Great place, depending on the area of law you are part of.
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 13, 2015
Extremely stressful in litigation, which I worked with. The benefits were some of the best I have ever enjoyed in my career.
Productive work experience
Proofreader (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2015
Kutak Rock is a great company to work for and I have been blessed to have been here for a little over 8 years. I begin work at 2 in the afternoon and work until 10 pm. I've learned so much about the law since I began here.
Pros
Catered events, great group of people
Cons
None.
productive
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 27, 2014
daily federal and state filings, legal research, discovery preparation, trial preparation.
management not so good.
co-workers ok to work with
Quiet
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 4, 2013
watch out for woman hater because nothing you do will be right
Pros
people nice
Enjoyable and secured employment
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 17, 2013
I worked for Kutak Rock many years and when I was there, I was treated with respect and the lawyers and personnel were patient and taught me many things I used in my life. Kutak Rock is a wonderful place to work. It is professional and caring for its employees.

The benefits far exceed any company I worked for.
I like the environment.
Accounts Payble/ Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, ArizonaDecember 27, 2012
I loved my coworkers. I enjoyed working at Kutak Rock. It was a good learning process and education place for me. The hardest part of the job, was working with attornies and the most enjoyable part of the job good management.
Very busy firm.
Corporate Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 11, 2012
I would not recommend this firm to anyone with a family, as there is definitely not a work/life bakance. Enjoyed working with the clients
and developed a good relationship with them, but this firm lacks proper management of paralegals.
Pros
salary
Cons
poor managment of paralegals