Kwik Trip Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richland Center, WIApril 23, 2017
Fast paced, fun place to work. Management cares about you and your ideas and concerns are considered. You get to meet new people every day and hear their stories. Great place to work if you love working with people.
great family company
Food Service Leader (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, WIApril 22, 2017
Good hiring practices
Better-than-average compensation for low-level co-workers
Good benefits
Flexibility with scheduling (may vary depending on which store)
Exceptional upper management in terms of values, commitment, and vision
Uncommon promotion of having a positive attitude and loving your job
Great while I was in college
Retail Team Member (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 19, 2017
This job was great while I was in college. I was able to get enough hours to be able to pay my rent and other bills and they were very flexible with my schooling.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Very short breaks. Only got two 10 minute breaks for a 10 hour shift
A place with great teamwork.
Overnight Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNApril 17, 2017
I enjoy coming to work for both my coworkers and the guests Kwik Trip serves. We have regular guest(customers) that are regulars that come back not just for the gas but also for the other prducts we carry. That includes food items on the hot cas.
Fast paced
Assistant Food Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 17, 2017
The typical day for me would consist of preparing food for guests, daily cleaning in the kitchen, pulling frozen product to thaw, and ordering for the next day. In this job I have learned how to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced manor.
Pros
Diffrent every day, faced paced
Cons
Full-time flexibility is limited, can be stressful
I love kwik trip
Guest Service Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 15, 2017
Working for Kt is great, highly recommend. Family place, great people, connecting with many people everyday, free coffee, slush,soda,discount on expired meat, free moving boxes when needed :)
Pros
Free fruit daily, bonuses, fun job
Cons
Working holidays and weekends.
Fun, sometimes stressful, detailed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  847 Union CenterApril 13, 2017
I was a store leader for about 28 years, I was in charge of maintaining personnel, and scheduling, orders, cleaning, every day business bookwork, banking, stocking products, inventory accounting. Hardest part of my job was hiring people and searching for the best of the best, and then the training. I really enjoyed working with people.
benefits
Cons
high expectations
Working is Great
Guest Associate (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNApril 12, 2017
Great and easy work place. Simple cleaning tasks. Hardest part of the job would be nothing. This job is very easy. Sometimes there may be a rush of people but nothing that is too stressful.
Pros
Friendly helpful peers and leadership
Cons
Not Many benefits
Good employer culture
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 10, 2017
Kwik Trip is focused on the guest and also on the coworker's happiness and fulfillment. They offer many incentives. Good place to work. They are accommodating.
summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 3, 2017
They seem to promise advancement and never follow up with them. They seem to love to string their employees along and expect so much out of them. They make you work everyday of the year which I think is awful when they say they are a family company.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNApril 2, 2017
Offer good pay at a gas station and they truly believe in their employees as well as putting customers first. They treat their employees top notch and include profit sharing. This company does not slack off and makes sure they deliver high-quality produce and service at all times. They created a new way to run a gas station and I was proud to work Kwik Trip.
Pros
Pay, Profit sharing, 401-k, Promote from with in. Genuinely care for employees!
Cons
Management-see each individual for progress during reviews instead of speeding through them.
Great people, great service
Guest Services Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Waite Park, MNApril 1, 2017
KwikTrip is a company that believes from promoting within. Their standards are high and they only promote those that are willing to go through the process.
Not the place to be if you take ownership
overnight clerk (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNMarch 31, 2017
Kwiktrip is a fine place to work. However, they are to concerned about overtime and if the store falls behind they do not allow anybody to stay late and organize or stock shelves
College students come hither
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMarch 21, 2017
If you are looking for a job that offers great flexibility and great pay, then Kwik Trip is the place for you. They offer educational leave, which is great for college students who want to solely focus on college but pick up shifts when they are on holiday break. You're up and moving on your feet all day so comfortable shoes are a must.

A typical day at work starts when you've clocked in and counted into a register. There is a list with duties that need to be done for each shift. Some of the duties may already be marked completed. You communicate with your co-workers to figure out who is going to do what tasks. When you work an 8 hour shift, you are allowed a 20 minute paid break and when you work a 4 to 7 hour shift, you get a 10 minute paid break. The breaks are unsatisfactory because you don't have enough time to fully relax and eat your food at a normal pace, considering that the job can get tiresome and your feet will ache.

All in all, Kwik Trip is a great place to work at. They are always willing to work around your schedule. The employees are fun and enjoyable to work with. Kwik Trip offers excellent pay for a retail job and each year you get a bonus check right before Christmas.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
no discounts
Fun place to work, hard to balance personal life though!
Assistant Food Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMarch 16, 2017
I love working here, but there are times where I wish I could see my family. It's hard to balance my personal life with this job. It's a fabulous place to work and you can move up in the company if you are looking to move forward with the company.
Great atmosphere
Employment Clerk (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 15, 2017
Great fast growing company with a great culture! They love their employees and are not afraid to show it! The hardest part of the job is constantly being short staffed.
Good part time job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  River Falls, WIMarch 14, 2017
Good atmosphere, kind, hard working co-workers and customers.
Very easy work, every thing is well explained and the employees are willing to help each other out with work related tasks.
Pros
Free beverages while on duty.
Cons
Short breaks.
Fun environment to work for
Guest service coworker, to guest service leader (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 13, 2017
A typical work day for me involves making sure shelves are stocked and the store is clean. My coworkers and I work very well together. Management is always open to listen and help with any issues that arise. They are very willing to promote from within.
Fast Paced
Guest Service Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIMarch 12, 2017
Great workplace training, they really highlight guest service. Long work days with very short breaks were an issue. The benefits were great corporate really cares about the co-workers.
Pros
Fantastic benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, long shifts
Summary
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMarch 6, 2017
Guest service, communications, accomplishing tasks. Putting truck away. writing schedules. Performance issues. Sales. Food preparation. Work with staff to improve performance.
Pros
Honest
Cons
No free food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kwik Trip. Our community is ready to answer.