Kwik Trip Employee Reviews in United States

Easy going work in a growing company.
Bakery Sanitation (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 10, 2016
A typical day consisted of cleaning and sanitizing the bakery facilities at the Kwik Trip Bakery on a timed basis and making sure things were done well for the next bakery team.

I learned a lot about the industrial side of food for the Kwik Trip convenience stores.

Management was pretty good overall. They always encouraged us to make sure we were using protective gear when necessary and were always very professional to deal with.

My co-workers for the most part were all long time employee's so it was easy to learn from them because they made it easy to do so.

The hardest part of the job was keeping hydrated and making sure we were taking care of ourselves. I'd also say the repetition of all of the physical activity got me back into shape fast but dealing with it at the time was more strenuous then I'd realized.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have been the company's culture. Kwik Trip treats it's employee's like family.
Team oriented work with a Midwest roll up your sleeves work ethic
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 5, 2016
Kwik Trip has long history of putting the community and people first, while maintaining a humble and professional attitude. The mission statement is lived daily by Management, and coached with all co-workers on a regular basis.
"To serve our customers and community more effectively than anyone else by treating our customers, co-workers, and suppliers as we, personally, would like to be treated and to make a difference in someone's life."
With a great mission statement backed up by quality core values, Kwik Trip really embodies the culture they stand for.
An enjoyable and productive work environment.
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waupun, WIFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day of work was often enjoyable and interactive. I learned how to work efficiently and improve on problem solving skills in a fast paced environment. Management was often pleasant and supportive. Coworkers were also fun and supportive as well. The hardest part of the job was that it could often be stressful. The most enjoyable part was the great customers, coworkers, and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Good people and good opportunities for growth.
Cons
Could be stressful at times.
Impressive, and outstanding company- lacking in life balance
Guest Service Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at work is filled with duties to be completed by all co-workers, including supervisors. No one here is lacking in work ethic, and you wont see management sitting on their bum dolling out tasks.The nature of the people the company employees is non-discriminatory, but they have a conservative stance on appearance. The jobs tasks are straight forward, and uncomplicated. Employees should be prepared to use some elbow grease when it comes to keeping the store clean. The people I work with, the outstanding benefits the company provide, and some of the guests make working there a great experience for me. The only drawbacks I see with this company are purely situational. My life-to-work balance is significantly unbalanced, and a 10 hour day gets long with only one ten minute break. For full-time and salaried employees (management) I'm sure have even less balance due to the required 50 hour work week.
Considering everything that the company offers, and how great of an experience it is to work there, the main drawback is only noticeable when I'm trying to do something other than work and school.
Pros
Benefits, starting wage, co-workers
Cons
short breaks, little life-work balance
Very friendly and like family.
Store 428 - Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Cresco, IAJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day working here is usually very fun. The guests are happy and willing to talk with us about ours and their lives. The team members are helpful and willing to pick up shifts for others when they are ill. Management is approachable and understanding of the situations of those below them. The benefits are also very good and the upper management are all down to earth and friendly.
Pros
Free fruit on break, free refills of soda.
Management needs Work
Assistant Food Service Leader (AFSL) (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 24, 2016
Great company to work for under the right management. Definitely teaches you an advanced knowledge in customer service.
Pros
Bonus Check and Fair benefits
Cons
Hard to reach goals at lower level stores. Management seems to pick favorites at least at my store.
So far, so good!
Full Time Associate (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJanuary 11, 2016
I just started working for the company a couple months ago. I had heard lots of food things prior to applying and I was always a Kwik Trip customer. They pay everyone fairly well starting off compared to most retail stores. They definitely go the extra mile for their employees unlike most other employer's. I love what the company stands for (values) and I like that for the most part they only honest/good people! I never realize how busy this place gets until working for them. Everyone's always going somewhere and stopping for something! I love that it's fast-paced and keeps me busy during my long shifts! There is always something to do, whether cashiering, making coffees, cleaning, and doing chores. There is tons of opportunities for growth with this company as long as you're an ambitious hard worker!
Pros
free drinks, good benefits, good pay, end of year bonus!
Cons
short breaks, hard to get full time.
great job, busy environment
Cashier/ customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNMarch 8, 2016
Day-to-day duties would include; working with customers on tills, at the pumps, explaining special promotions, propane exchanges, cleaning machines in coffee area, cleaning bathrooms, restocking product and checking for expired products, taking out trashes (inside and out), snow removal, preparing food, checking food temps and cooler temps, organizing products that was being delivered.
Pros
Great product promotions
Cons
Stressful enviorment, short breaks, no consistant standars of duties
A good job but not the career for me.
Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint Michael, MNJanuary 29, 2016
I have worked here for almost 3 years. I still enjoy it but I want to start getting into something bigger and better. I really learned how to deal with a customer at this job. most of the day to day is fine, but it seems to create a lot of drama among the girls here during the slow times, not about all that. It has been hard for me to move up here because of my choice of shift even though I am considered a Leader. otherwise I do not have to many problems with this job.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible, Good pay compared to competitors.
Cons
Drama, Flip flopping schedules, Favorites
Long shifts on your feet, but always something to do to help time pass. Management is great, co-workers make everything worth it, and great benefits.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 14, 2015
This is the perfect place to work whether you are in high school, college, or want to make it a career. There is always room for advancement. Kwik Trip has really good benefits for full time employees and even part-time can receive certain types of benefits. The company really puts their employees first and makes sure they are all taken care of. The shifts are typically pretty long and tiring on one's feet, but non-the-less this is a great company to work for and the pay is nice.
Pros
Paid break every four hours
Cons
It's only 10 minutes long
very nice place to work great benifets
PART-TIME TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIOctober 18, 2015
Work is pretty much the same foe each day. I learned great costumer service. management is good, but some things could change. Co-workers are awesome wonderful people. I always felt like i was left extra stuff to do cause i would get it done. I loved knowing that i would always know what i was working 2 weeks in advance.
Pros
all the benefits, and 2 week scheduling
Treats their employees well
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 4, 2015
Kwik Trip has always treated me well, and provided me with good benefits and decent pay. The opportunity to advance is definitely there, as they promote from within. Working in and managing a retail store like I did can be rewarding, but at the same time, monotonous. All my co-workers at both locations I have worked at have been great. Management has been exceptional. This company is always willing to work with you to reach your goals, and if you ever have any problems they will go out of their way to make things right. Kwik Trip is very family oriented and they treat their co-workers as such.
Potential to Build from the Ground Up
Finishing Crew (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 14, 2015
Kwik Trip is a fantastic company to start and end one's career in. This year alone, they're opening 35 different stores spanning over three different states. Kwik Trip has plenty of opportunities for most anyone, be it production, distribution, customer service, office and clerical, driving, and the like, so there's sure to be opportunities for most anyone.

Depending on your department, Kwik Trip's pay and benefits can range from fantastic to underwhelming. Some food production departments, for example, can differ in as much as three or four dollars per hour, while doing similar duties.

Work can be challenging, but rewarding, if you find yourself working the right position, and the company is generally eager to help place you based on your strengths and weaknesses.

However, the hiring process is extremely long and cumbersome. My entire hiring process spanned over the course of four months. Most every department is short staffed, and little is done to hire somebody in a timely manner. My particular department was short handed for two months before even an attempt at hiring somebody new was made. It took nearly five months to fill one of the two openings on my team alone.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Management, Human Resources, Hiring Process in General is Slow
Very fast paced upbeat environment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cross Plains, WIJuly 20, 2015
A fast moving environment where you have to not only be quick thinking, but be quick on your feet. Kwik Trip is a very diverse place to work there are several coworkers at a Kwik Trip store, and this gives you a chance to have a different experience daily. There are so many things put in place to answer any questions that you have, and management is always happy to help coworkers to move forward in all ways possible. Even if it is just a question. The hardest part of the job is completing all duties during your shift, as all kinds of things pop up thru the course of a shift. Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you have done the best you can to help your guests.
Pros
Fast paced, flexibility, paid holidays, paid vacation, insurance, 401k, families helping families
Cons
short breaks, long list to accomplish, may not get all tasks completed
Repetitive, but fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 20, 2015
A typical day would be cashiering, stocking, dating, cooking, cleaning, and book management. Overall a really great job and company. Great benefits and no unexpected surprises.
Pros
customers, great company, enjoyable work
Kwik trip
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 29, 2015
Kwik trip is a great place to work at, DON'T get me wrong but the management sucks, I barley ever see my boss and when I do it's for a minute and my shift leaders are all rude and bossy, I mean their job is to look over us but you don't need to be so demanding when we are working hard and doing our job. They pick favorites and that's annoying. That is the hardest part of my job, the people I work with. On the other hand, the guests ( customers) are awesome. They are understanding and reasonable and know we are only human and sometimes we mess up. I've learned so much from the customers about being understanding and kind. That just a smile and a " how are you" goes a long way. A typical day is you clock in, help customers, do the duties that need to be done and then you clock out when your shift is over.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Short Breaks, Not a discount on food when working
Convenience store
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Faribault MNOctober 19, 2015
Fun place to work, had a very demanding supervisor.
Learned a lot about running a convenience store.
Tried to fit in and make the career change, just wasn't my thing.
Scored high in inventory management and cleanliness.
Immediate supervisor was fired after I left.
Pros
Study paycheck, not found in construction
Cons
Worked every weekend
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Merrill, WIJanuary 25, 2016
There really is not a typical day at Kwik Trip, everyday is different.
I've learned proper rotation of product.
Management is wonderful, very easy going.
There really is not a hard part of the job, other than making sure you ask if the guest had pumped gas.
I think the most enjoyable part would just be the company itself. The company is like one big family.
Pros
Free soda/coffee on shift
Great people!
Assistant Food Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 4, 2016
Kwik Trip is a great company to work for, they provide benefits for part time and full time co-workers. They have a hiring process that insures only great people get hired so you know your coworkers are great people.
Pros
Year-end bonus, flexable, great people
Great company to work for depending on store leadership
Coworker (Current Employee) –  Plover, WIApril 10, 2016
I mainly take care of receiving trucks for my store. I enjoy the job with can be physically demanding at times and keeps you busy for the whole shift. For the most part the coworkers at Kwik Trip are very helpful and friendly people and are a pleasure to work with. Management at the store level, at least at my location, is lacking. People who are good at their current job are kept there with little chance of promotion. The people who are promoted seem to be those who are the store leader's favorites, not necessarily the best people for the job.

I would say the best part of the job is working with the coworkers and being able to help customers who need assistance. The hardest part of the job is always being on the go with very short ten minute breaks every four hours.
Pros
Friendly environment, good pay for a convenience store
Cons
Short breaks, expensive health insurance