KWIK TRIP Employee Reviews

Not your ordinary job
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 12, 2016
A typical day is busy, you aren't usually standing in one place for long. There is a 2 page duties list to take care of. Answer the phone a handful of times a day at least. Wash dishes in kitchen.
Go Go Go
Guest Service Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WI 53916February 11, 2016
Always moving. Always challenging. Working with the public is fun. I have learned a lot about this company. Working for Kwik Trip has also been good for my health.
Fun fun fun
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mauston, WIFebruary 8, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Kwik Trip. The co-workers were amazing and they made working there fun. I loved interacting with the customers on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was working so much that I didn't get to see my family. This only happened as the manager was unwilling to work with my schedule.
kitchen
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tomah, WIFebruary 6, 2016
alot of hard work with little recognition.
Management plays favorites, no room to grow and no room for improvement.
shift leaders are great but store leaders and assistant store leader are not personable and are rude and uncaring.
Fun place to work
Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Larsen, WIFebruary 4, 2016
Its a great place to work. Love who I work with and there is always something new that happens every day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with everyday, and I can't really say there is a hardest part of working at Kwik Trip, its just fun.
Pros
Co-workers, Food, Bonuses
An enjoyable and productive work environment.
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waupun, WIFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day of work was often enjoyable and interactive. I learned how to work efficiently and improve on problem solving skills in a fast paced environment. Management was often pleasant and supportive. Coworkers were also fun and supportive as well. The hardest part of the job was that it could often be stressful. The most enjoyable part was the great customers, coworkers, and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Good people and good opportunities for growth.
Cons
Could be stressful at times.
A good job but not the career for me.
Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint Michael, MNJanuary 29, 2016
I have worked here for almost 3 years. I still enjoy it but I want to start getting into something bigger and better. I really learned how to deal with a customer at this job. most of the day to day is fine, but it seems to create a lot of drama among the girls here during the slow times, not about all that. It has been hard for me to move up here because of my choice of shift even though I am considered a Leader. otherwise I do not have to many problems with this job.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible, Good pay compared to competitors.
Cons
Drama, Flip flopping schedules, Favorites
Kwik Trip, Inc is a good place to work
Shift leader (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MNJanuary 28, 2016
The Kwik Trip I work at is a 24/7 store. I like that there is always an abundance of work to accomplish. The guests have to be the most enjoyable part of my day, chatting with them and helping them retrieve items or carry things to their vehicles. When I can make our guests smile I think that is wonderful.
The biggest challenge I encounter at work is coaching a different group of co-workers during each shift to work together while having fun and still behaving professionally and getting our work done. There is great differences in personality, work ethic and personal motivation among co-workers (as is true in any work place).
During a typical day I will be working the register, cleaning and stocking the store, helping in the kitchen if needed and assisting the store leader with any additional tasks that may need immediate attention. I do order supplies and will manage the store and banking responsibilities on days/times when our store leader is not scheduled to work.
It has become very clear to me that I am a rule follower. That feels right and comfortable to me. I will question rules with my store leader if the rule is unclear or does not seem necessary. I believe if it is not illegal, unethical or immoral, and my boss asks me to do it, I will.
The most challenging part of my job is witnessing the inconsistant job performance of my fellow co-workers. I believe leading by example is very important. I do not ask anyone to do things I won't do. I go to work and work my whole shift and I expect my co-workers to do the same. The coaching, encouraging and direct instruction
  more... come into play when individuals need external motivation.  less
Pros
Very good benefit, profit sharing, family owned- by very good people.
Cons
For me it is shift work 24/7, 364 days a year.
Good
CoWorker (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNJanuary 26, 2016
Was a good workplace. Have good benefits but still has the same usual problems that any retail position. Good overall though.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Merrill, WIJanuary 25, 2016
There really is not a typical day at Kwik Trip, everyday is different.
I've learned proper rotation of product.
Management is wonderful, very easy going.
There really is not a hard part of the job, other than making sure you ask if the guest had pumped gas.
I think the most enjoyable part would just be the company itself. The company is like one big family.
Pros
Free soda/coffee on shift
Horrible
cashier (Former Employee) –  Slinger, WIJanuary 19, 2016
I worked at the Slinger location for a short time period. And the reason I was only there for a short time was that this was a HORRIBLE place to work. They frowned at my wanting to take a lunch. I was trained poorly. The people were not accepting to new people. And they did not follow through with what I was promised during the interview. I have worked in customer service for many years and honestly I was treated better working at McDonalds.
Overall, a great company to work for.
Assistant Store leader (Current Employee) –  Superior, WIJanuary 19, 2016
Kwik Trip expects a lot out of their co-workers, but are very generous in return. They have an amazing profit sharing program, bonus program, and give gifts to their co-workers for their birthdays/anniversary as well as for achieving certain sales numbers. Kwik Trip also has a "guests and our co-workers are the priority" mentality. They know their co-workers are their biggest asset, and thus treat them accordingly.
Decent
cashier (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJanuary 18, 2016
The work is fast paced and easy. Drama among co-workers poorly handled by management, however this differs wildly from store to store.
Fast paced and busy all of of the time in a postive manner.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJanuary 16, 2016
Kwik Trip is focused on providing world class customer service. The store that I worked at would even deliver to people on occasions who did not have a car to get there groceries. Involved in community and provided volunteer help to area organizations. Treated employees very well.
So far, so good!
Full Time Associate (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJanuary 11, 2016
I just started working for the company a couple months ago. I had heard lots of food things prior to applying and I was always a Kwik Trip customer. They pay everyone fairly well starting off compared to most retail stores. They definitely go the extra mile for their employees unlike most other employer's. I love what the company stands for (values) and I like that for the most part they only honest/good people! I never realize how busy this place gets until working for them. Everyone's always going somewhere and stopping for something! I love that it's fast-paced and keeps me busy during my long shifts! There is always something to do, whether cashiering, making coffees, cleaning, and doing chores. There is tons of opportunities for growth with this company as long as you're an ambitious hard worker!
Pros
free drinks, good benefits, good pay, end of year bonus!
Cons
short breaks, hard to get full time.
great place to work
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WIJanuary 5, 2016
Kwik Trip is a well run company, the owners look out for the coworkers and do a great job taking care of them. The owners are
very personable and engaging.
Pros
great starting pay, room for advancement
Cons
work load gets overwelming at times for the store leaders
Team oriented work with a Midwest roll up your sleeves work ethic
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 5, 2016
Kwik Trip has long history of putting the community and people first, while maintaining a humble and professional attitude. The mission statement is lived daily by Management, and coached with all co-workers on a regular basis.
"To serve our customers and community more effectively than anyone else by treating our customers, co-workers, and suppliers as we, personally, would like to be treated and to make a difference in someone's life."
With a great mission statement backed up by quality core values, Kwik Trip really embodies the culture they stand for.
Very friendly and like family.
Store 428 - Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Cresco, IAJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day working here is usually very fun. The guests are happy and willing to talk with us about ours and their lives. The team members are helpful and willing to pick up shifts for others when they are ill. Management is approachable and understanding of the situations of those below them. The benefits are also very good and the upper management are all down to earth and friendly.
Pros
Free fruit on break, free refills of soda.
GREAT place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mount Horeb, WIDecember 27, 2015
GREAT place to work! I would recommend this job to anyone seeking extra money. The most enjoyable part about my job is putting a smile on a customers face
Good Company with unrealisticly high expectations
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 12, 2015
Kwik Trip is not a bad company, but they sometimes push too hard in areas and then have to overcompensate in another area to fix a problems created by the initial push. They sometimes have unrealistic expectations on what can be accomplished with the amount of people that are available in a store on a given day. While it is important to sell new products, these focus days are not just sometimes, but constant. Having to meet and exceed these expectations while simultaneously providing the best customer service in the industry is challenging and creates a great deal of stress in both employees and managers. While employees are provided very competitive wages in the industry, the turn over for the company is slowly creeping higher as more and more employees decide that the money isn't worth it. That being said, Kwik Trip has created a great culture that promotes growth in their employees and and focuses on creating a work environment based on core moral values instead of the bottom dollar. Their philosophy is that if those core values are met, success will surely follow. So far, this has been true, but an erosion of those values will end the company.
Pros
Free soda or coffee while working, 40% profit sharing, great company values
Cons
sometimes not living up to company's own values