Kwik Trip Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIFebruary 14, 2017
I love being able to see new people everyday when I go to work, I also have learned so much about the company and what they do for the community. Management is great to work for and really listens to what you have to say and what you need. It really feels like a family when I go to work, the co-workers are pleasant to work with.
Great company to work for
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNFebruary 13, 2017
I worked at Kwik Trip during my time in college and it was perfect. Flexible schedules and fun environment. Management always kept me well informed of goals and the company has profit sharing which is a great bonus.
Good place to work at times
Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Waseca, MNFebruary 10, 2017
I worked overnights there and it was ok but very stressful at times because they wanted truck put away all the time and it was a hard thing to do depending on the time the truck got there. The people were great to work with.
Pros
The people I work with
Cons
Hours
Flexible
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 8, 2017
All the time I've worked for Kwik Trip and being a student they have been very flexible and trying to work around my schedule but that it's not too crazy to still be a student wether your full or part time.
Not too bad
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mauston, WIFebruary 6, 2017
Great People and Place to work. Hours aren't too bad and the shifts are pretty well balanced. Some stores have a very unorganized leader, but other then that its great.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Find a good store where you get along with mgmt & it will actually be kind of fun.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNFebruary 6, 2017
Management is terrible at certain kwik trips, but you're allowed to transfer to other stores easily. You get a paid lunch break, bit only 20 minutes, & you cannot go under or over, very strict scheduling.
Pros
Free pop & coffee, nice end of the year bonus.
Cons
Short breaks, very strict guidelines
Family-owned, friendly gas station that offers hot food and coffee
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Winona, MN 55987February 3, 2017
Day starts out early at 5am, so right away we need to prep for our daily truck. It can be a challenge if there is only one shift leader on duty to accomplish getting bookwork done and managing the store in a timely manner. The store is always busy with familiar faces and new guests from early morning to late night, which means coffee needs to be available hot and ready 24 hours of the day. I find it difficult when a technical problem arises which requires store engineering to make a trip to the store to fix equipment. The difficult part being the person in charge to tell a guest that a certain machinery is down and cannot provide a certain product for them. What is most rewarding is when a guest tells me how much they appreciate my hard work, especially working on certain holidays.
Pros
Free fruit during break, and free fountain pop, coffee or cappuccino while clocked in.
Cons
Small break room, only a one-hole restroom making it difficult to use the restroom in a timely manner.
Great Place to Work
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Saukville, WIJanuary 31, 2017
Kwik Trip is a great company to work for. They have great morals and wonderful benefits for full and part time employees. It's incredibly fast-paced though.
Pros
Benefits, morals, friendly staff
Cons
short breaks, must be available holidays
Manchester, Iowa
Guest service (Current Employee) –  Manchester, IAJanuary 30, 2017
It is very fast paced. Hard to get breaks in. Store leader is fake and very unfair. If she likes you, you are ok. I have seen her go after other workers and try to find fault in them. Foods leader lies and will mark down things incorrectly. Have talked to leader about this and it continues. Looking for a new job.
Pros
Pay is ok
Fun work envoirnment
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJanuary 23, 2017
Overall, when everything is in place its an easygoing day. Good management, always a supervisor on the floor to assist with any issues or questions, Easy going co workers.
good place to work
Guest Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Waunakee, WIJanuary 19, 2017
good place to work for the most part. flexible with scheduling and decent pay. There is profit sharing and decent benefits. It has an extremely Fast paced environment
Okay place to make money if you are young
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 15, 2017
My experience has not been great. Too much drama from management. The company as a whole is very good, but the store management is lacking.
Not much opportunity to work different shift
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Janesville, IAJanuary 11, 2017
Work 3rd shift for 5 years and would like to go to different shift. Not much of an opportunity to do that. Long boring shifts
Pros
Good year end bonus
Cons
Short break, no free meal, some policy stupid
Kwik Trip is a great place to work!
Guest Service Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJanuary 8, 2017
Kwik Trip company takes good care of their employees. They provide the proper training and are always looking to better their stores!
Pros
Good balance between work and lifestyle.
Cons
Breaks are short even working a 8 hour shift
Kitchen
Kitchens Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WI 54602January 7, 2017
They will work with students to work around class schedule. Poor management. Repetitive routine. No room to grow and inconsistent hours. Some weeks 40 + hours others are 20 to 30 per week.
Pros
Good food
Cons
favoritism
Kwik Trip - Good place to work.
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Prairie du Chien, WIJanuary 6, 2017
Overall good place to work. Great environment to work in. Most coworkers are very friendly. Only downside is short breaks and some lazy coworkers. Other than that, very enjoyable job.
Pros
Fun work, nice year end bonus, family owned, expanding rapidly
Cons
short breaks
A great place to make friends but not progress in a career
Guest Services Coworker (Former Employee) –  Stewartville, MNDecember 27, 2016
The kind of people that the good store leaders hire make wonderful coworkers and friends. Just don't count on advancement opportunities. You get 10 minute breaks only if you work 6 or more hours and only one 20 minute break for an 8 hour shift. On your break you will be interrupted and required to go help assist guests cutting your already short break.
Pros
Free pop and coffee, profit sharing, and afree fruit for your 20 minut break.
Challenging, Stressful, with room to advance
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MN 55811December 22, 2016
Kwik Trip has many pros and many cons. For what the job is, you are given exceptional benefits, plus a pretty good payment per hour; Not to mention a bonus at the end of the year that is equivalent to about 10% of what you made that work year. Did I mention paid vacation for even part timers? Most of the coworkers are nice and enjoyable people. I have even found many of my coworkers to be inspiring, and uplifting. However, the companies biggest flaws are in its upper management. Kwik Trip has a habit of promoting the wrong people. I have witnessed numerous power vacuums that result when the wrong person gets promoted, and most of the time this goes unchecked. However, that's not to say all of the managers are bad at Kwik Trip, as I have worked with some very cool managers, and store leaders; it all depends on what store you are employed at. For the most part, if you enjoy customer service positions, you will enjoy Kwik Trip hands down.
Nice place to work
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Wales, WIDecember 21, 2016
Best gas station to work at. They start above what normal gas stations will pay and usually the work environment is a good one. You can get a bad boss as you can anywhere.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
Part time
great coworkeers
Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 19, 2016
My coworkers were the best part about the job, made the time there fly by. I personally did not get along with my manager, but other managers are awesome and very flexible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kwik Trip. Our community is ready to answer.