KWIK TRIP

KWIK TRIP Employee Reviews

Great company benefits.
Sales Associate & Safety Leader (Former Employee), Red Wing, MNApril 12, 2015
Pros: Year-end bonus, meeting gas cards
Cons: Understaffed at times, customers can get to be rude
Working for Kwik Trip was a fun experience the wage is fair and the schedule is very flexible to move around your life.

The hard part of work was usually the lack of an extra worker. It is not a very hard job you can think of it as a bunch of little jobs all in one. You can be on truck which is loading and unloading, cash registers, cleaning, stocking, and cooking.

Overall the company has amazing benefits from health down to bonuses. The very best is a Year-end bonus which as a part time employee was over $1000 right before christmas every year.

The family owned company is really all about its staff just as much as their customers which is a quality I have always loved of them.
Kwik Trip life
Mixer , Order puller. (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIApril 12, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Had to work seven days a week. Never got a day off
While arriving at work I would see what orders were for the day. I would get the flour, yeast, water and ice ready and mix my orders for the day. Also pulled bakery orders for convenience stores
food service worker
Co-Worker (Former Employee), Portage, WIApril 6, 2015
I liked working at Kwik Trip. It was a part time position that I had for less than 1 year. There was a couple of down falls for me at Kwik Trip and that was holidays and weekends, I had not worked that type of job for many years.
Friendly and Caring workplace
Shift Leader/ Guest Co-worker (Current Employee), Winona, MNApril 2, 2015
Pros: Bonus checks, Christmas gifts, great benifits
Kwik Trip cares about its employees and a great place to grow and become a leader at.Kwik trip is like a family and CEO cares about his workers no matter what position your in.
good job
Guest Services (Current Employee), Hartford, WIMarch 22, 2015
It is a great job. I really enjoy it. Long shifts on occasion, but willing to accommodate anyone. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Great co-workers and management.
Great work enviroment
Shift Lead (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
Cons: Work most holidays
Fast pace and productive work place. Happy employees that stay active and accomplish much. Many different work aspects of business were taught and training employees was always interesting and fun.
Typical day at Kwik Trip
Service Worker (Former Employee), Spring Valley, MNMarch 11, 2015
Pros: my co workers were awsome!!!!
Cons: have to go out in the cold during the winter to empty garbages and shovel, you only got a 20 minute break.
A typical day at Kwik Trip is waiting on customers, filling shelves, cleaning, unloading the trucks when they come in, putting everything away, helping customers in any way possible, emptying garbages and, shovel snow in the winter.
Depends on the store
Shift Leader/Assistant Food Service Leader (Former Employee), Wausau,WIMarch 3, 2015
I learned quickly at my store it was better I just go do everything myself, rather than asking anyone else to pull their weight. I was always met with negative comments or sarcastic undertones when I would ask my coworkers for any help.
Busy place time went by fast
GUEST SERVICES (Current Employee), Fairmont mnMarch 1, 2015
Loved my co workers friendly place to work. Hours varied. I enjoyed see my customers on a daily basics. Hardest part of the job was when you had time approved off when you husband was going on active duty to work until 5 to get my kids when the time came she decided she didn't have to work my schedule.
Fast paced but fun work environment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Chilton, WIFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free fountain drinks and coffee
Cons: feel pressured to not take your optional breaks
A typical work day consists of putting away all the pieces of a truck, cooler, freezer, and dry totes, as well as cleaning and giving the best customer service possible. My co-workers make everyone feel like a family and show how much they care about you. The hardest part of my job is to get customers in and out of the store as fast as possible so they continue to head off to where they are going such as home or work.
Lack of INTEGRITY in PETRO
petro driver . (Former Employee), MNFebruary 19, 2015
Cons: slip seeting promotes a hostile environment with co-workers !
They clearly explain the bid shift process for hours and days, and clearly provide spreadsheets on this process.
Truth check - they do not SHOW any integrity regarding what it clearly states in their spreadsheet and what they convey in their speech.
Horrrible leadership in PETRO !!!
Fun spirited place to work
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free coffee!
Cons: work the holidays
Meeting new and exciting people everyday. I learned to be a team leader with my co workers. You grow relationships with the customers and employees.
Good work place
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Juneau, WIFebruary 12, 2015
Developed training seminars for all of the Store Safety Trainers and employees in my district
Established a plan to increase safety awareness and policy compliance at all stores in my district
Evaluated stores on training and policy compliance then developing improvement plans
Investigated employee accidents and identified root causes for what caused them
Strong Growing Company
Store Leader (Current Employee), WisconsinFebruary 9, 2015
Kwik Trip is a growing company building over 30 stores a year. They offer a 40% profit sharing, and lots of oppurtunity for advancement.
Often Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNFebruary 4, 2015
Customers can be the worst and best part of the job. The managers are often a lot of fun to work for and have started as cashiers themselves. The company itself believes in giving back to its employees and the community.
Great Job, Should of never left
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: wellness plan, profit sharing
Cons: if you don't like working with people. it is not for you
Fast paced work environment offering good benefits and over all good place to work. I wish I never left and people do their part in the work place.
Great workplace
Guest Service Associate/ Kitchen (Current Employee), Plymouth, WIJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: shared bonus, higher pay, 401k
Cons: shortbreaks
Great company to work for, they treat the employees decent as well. Everyone treats eachother as family. Team work is always shown. They also know how to have fun, which makes a work day easier.
Kwik Trip has changed over the last 5 years.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Appleton WIJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: were able to purchase discounted out-dated meat before it was thrown out
Cons: no breaks, short breaks. management uninvolved until matters are out of control.
A typical day of work starts with familiar faces every morning. These customers are wonderful and I tried learning as many of their names as time allowed. I learned their needs and tried very hard to meet them on a regular basis. It was rewarding to see these guests because they felt and still feel like family. The co-workers are some of the hardest working people and dedicated that I have ever met in my life. However the part-time people come and go through a revolving door. Most do not care and they do not take responsibility or accountablity into their actions. It has become a sad environment to work at. Management has become nonexistent in the labor department. Criticism and finding fault with employees has become a major concern. Treating employees with little respect, little care and concern has become the New Kwik Trip. I enjoyed my job for 4 years, but no longer. It was time to get out.
take advantage of you, over worked and poor management
past employee (Former Employee), plmouth, wiJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: nice bonus
Cons: nervous atmosphere, dishonest management
didn't like it at all not a heathy atmosphere, no time for a break and left at registers alone alot. no one wants to help and alot of backstabbing
Over work their employees
Line Cook (Former Employee), Bonduel, WIJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: big bonus at end of year
Cons: no breaks for 3 shift
Not a place for people who think out of the box. Management is not for the employee they only want the end dollar to get their bonus.

About KWIK TRIP

At Kwik Trip we truly take the “Golden Rule” and super charge it. . . We make a difference! The positive difference – Read more

KWIK TRIP Salaries