Kwik Trip Employee Reviews

Fast-Paced Job - Multitasking with a Smile
Retail Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Verona, WINovember 10, 2017
A very good company to work for, they offer competitive rates for retail positions, plenty of hours, advancement for those looking to move up, many stores all over their area, and friendly, helpful co-workers.
Pros
Profit Sharing, 401K
Cons
Short breaks, never slows down
GUEST SERVICE LEADER (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, WINovember 9, 2017
I like working at kwiktrip inc. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement within the company, and because they are Midwest based, you always have the option of transferring to another store if you have to relocate, because of school or whatever your situation for moving is. The only reason I’m leaving this company is because my kids are younger and have started school and working 2nd shift I never get to see them anymore, and I’m not willing to step down and take a pay cut (as I drive 30 minutes one way) to be moved to 1st shift. The work is pretty easy. There is a lot to remember, and it always feels like we’re understaffed or sometimes like your doing the work of 3 people because it is so fast paced and busy! Which really gets stressful at times because you always feel either unaccomplished or the next shift gets upset because you were unable to finish what you wanted or needed to get done for the night. The store leaders are also only budgeted so many hours for payroll based on sales. So overtime is not allowed, and often times you have to stay late to finish your work...well I should say, you don’t have to stay, but then the next shift isn’t very happy, and you feel bad! This is a very competitive company and very well worth the extra incentives like gift cards on your birthday and also for being in the top 3 of your district for meeting the company goals and the 40% profit sharing! Definitely a great place to work in my opinion!
Pros
Advancement opportunities, great incentives, friendly staff
Cons
Always Short handed, a lot to remember, a lot of rules for safety
Flexible hours and decent pay
Guest Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNNovember 8, 2017
Kwik Trip offers the opportunity for advancement and growth within the company. Beyond being a fun, fast paced place to work, our associates full-time and part-time enjoy a wide range of health, education, and financial benefits.
Na
Cashier (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 7, 2017
This was only a very part time job. I opened the store and was treated like a supervisor but was not. It wasnt a terrible company but the store was old and very clique like.
Kwik Trip
Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 7, 2017
There is little to no training as the company does not give the store additional hours to train new employees.

Some of the current employees are verbally abusive. Some of the current employees do not care to train new employees and expect the new employee to just know how to do things.

You never know who to ask for help. Many times your request for help is ignored.

The culture is not good here.
its a fun place and everybody treat each other like family
Cook and food preparation (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WINovember 7, 2017
i love working at this job one of the best jobs i ever worked i love the people there and my boss jenny she was the best ever very clean place and nice customer
Good job, petty workers.
Kwik Trip Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hinckley, MNNovember 6, 2017
The company as a whole is fantastic. Very good business ethics and benefits. That’s if you can deal with the people you work with. This particular store is INSANELY cut throat and petty. Even if you try to stay out of co-worker drama you end up getting brought into it.
Pros
Good business ethics
Cons
You get one paid 20 minute break a day And you’re lucky if you get it
Fun place to work
Kwik trip employee customer service (Current Employee) –  Menominee, WINovember 6, 2017
Love working here everyone is so nice! Your hours can be flexible, and the managers work with you. Everyone is just so helpful and nice and caring. I plan to stay here a long time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Short breaks, only 1 ten minute if you work 6 hours
Great and growing company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Plover, WINovember 5, 2017
Fast past environment. Constant monitoring of sales floor and the employees. Excellent customer service. Still a family owned and operated business. Great company.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
Lack of Benifits.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WINovember 1, 2017
A typical day at Kwik Trip is taking care of the customers and making sure that the store is clean. The hardest part of the job is working inconsistent hours that you are scheduled. The best part of the job is meeting the customers and developing a relationship with them.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
inconsistent hours
Prefer not to do with an Android phone
Food Service Co-worker (Current Employee) –  New Lisbon, WINovember 1, 2017
It's a very good company to work for, but very hard to get 40 hours a week, you most times have to transfer to another location because of the seniority
Pros
Excellent place to work
Cons
Not enough hours
Big Company trying to pass as a small one
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNOctober 31, 2017
Kwik Trip is a big company that tries to hide behind the slogan of being a small town store. The store managers are great, the way the business is run is not.
Their heart is in the right place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Wales, WIOctober 30, 2017
It's a good company to work for and it served me well during my school years. Management was competent for the most part and pay was good for a gas station job.
Great paying part time job
CASHIER AND ID CHECKS (Current Employee) –  Hinckley, MNOctober 26, 2017
This job is a great beginners job and gives employees a great start to customer service. They are open to promotions and have a friendly environment. Would recommend to individuals looking for part time work that pays above minimum wage.
Productive and fun place to work
Safety Champion (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIOctober 26, 2017
Kwik Trip was very fast paced. It did have its slow moments but it kept the body and mind going. The management was fun and fair to work with. Always fun and new experiences everyday.
Pros
Free soda/ coffee for employees
Cons
During slow times could be boring
Great work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIOctober 26, 2017
I would recommend this company to all of my friends. The company is great to work for and they go above and beyond to make sure you have the right training for the job.
Fast paced, fun environment.
Guest Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIOctober 25, 2017
A typical day would be cashiering, but also completing certain tasks throughout a shift. Cleaning machines, stocking inventory. I learned a lot about communicating with co-workers and guests. Management worked very well with us, the employees. Listened to what we have to say and understands us. The hardest part of the job would probably only have to be the hours for each shift and having to adapt to a different schedule each week. The most enjoyable part would be that everyone there is easy to get along with and you feel like family. It makes work more enjoyable.
Pros
Free drinks every shift.
Cons
No set schedule
face paced work place
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Shawano, WIOctober 25, 2017
Make food, hourly temps
Put truck away daily upon arrival
Pull/ label bakery
Frost donuts
Periodically check times of food
Pull food and prepare
Keep kitchen clean and any other food surfaces
Dishes floors cleaned
Cons
Short breaks
not good balnace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 25, 2017
does not have good balance with work and life or anything else for that matter. does not respect cultures of employees..............................................
Store Dependant
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNOctober 24, 2017
I believe that the store to store environment is different, to an extent. I have covered people's shifts at other stores multiple times, and was happy to see that not every store was as stressful as my store. The reasons my store became stressful, which may seem beneficial to others, is the store was not willing to handle co-workers that did not do their jobs accordingly. As someone who considers myself as a hard worker, seeing people get paid more than me to stand around is stressful, especially when I am held accountable when things do not get done correctly or at all.
Pros
Plenty of benefits, Profit Sharing
Cons
Poor co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kwik Trip. Our community is ready to answer.