Kwik Trip Employee Reviews

Great Company to Work For
MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 28, 2016
Kwik Trip is a great company to work for. The management hires only the finest of employees, creating a dynamic work environment. The company offers great benefits for both full-time and part-time employees. The company has a Health Center for all employees.
Pros
Vacation Pay, Health Clinic, Profit Sharing
Cons
Long Shifts
Fun enjoyable place to work at
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Weston, WINovember 25, 2016
Overall a Fantastic company to work for! Coworkers are very nice along with the store leader. Decent scheduling. Works around your life schedule. Coworkers willing to switch shifts.
Pros
Free car wash
Cons
Short breaks
Respectful place to work
Costumer Service (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 21, 2016
Working for Kwik trip, everyday is different. Some days it's hard and stressful but then other days it fun and doesn't feel like work. I love my store leader and assistant store leader.
Pros
Bonus check, free fruit, paid breaks
Cons
A lot of hours, stressful
small 3rd shift crew
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 19, 2016
arrive early to see where you are placed. complete tasks and get the next shifts ready before they start. how to pace myself and try to complete tasks that are larger than can be completed in your shift. tries to accommodate for some which put pressure on others. not willing to take your shift if you need off so hard to work things out. the hours and time tasks. the bonus at the end of the year and the gift cards for your accomplishments.
Pros
bonuses, gift cards, location of store
Cons
timed tasks, and unable to get a day off if needed
Good place to work.
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Montello, WINovember 16, 2016
A lot is expected of you. The compensation is good, but could be better. The work life balance could use improvement. If you love people and have a positive attitude you will succeed here.
Friendly staff, awesome managment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WINovember 16, 2016
I love working at Kwik Trip. It is a clean and friendly place to work. Management is amazing in working with your scheduling needs.
Pros
Gift Cards at every meeting
Cons
Wonderful place to work and treated well
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 8, 2016
A typical day is always different, I'm never doing the same thing and am surrounded by people I call my family. We are treated very well and given wonderful benefits. I've learned many things working here such as: customers come first, no matter what you're going through you need to always have a professional attitude and I try to stay positive and keep my person problems away from work. My managers not only give good advice, but show what they advise and are very hard workers who care about us very much and make sure that is known. The hardest part of the job would probably be taking care of customers sometimes when there are a million things to do, but you do what you can to keep them smiling, yet still get your tasks done as well. My co-workers are my family, we all support one another, and work hard to make sure our customers are satisfied.
Pros
amazing co-workers, managers that really care, good benefits and hours that work around my schedule
Fantastic owners
Certified food service training leader (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown iowaNovember 4, 2016
Amazing place to work. Great people, great benefits. The owner is wonderful and truly cares about his employees. I always felt like family, not ago worker.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Awesome Teamwork Environment
Cashier/Stocking (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNNovember 1, 2016
Overall a good training process and a very friendly team work environment. It is a fast pace place to work. very generous with time off requests for part time positions.
Pros
Free fruit when working, bonus checks
Cons
Short breaks
Great pay, bad people and scheduling
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 26, 2016
The only reason why you would want to stay is for the benefits but some days the benefits aren't really worth the stress. Management is always in it for the business so they will take advantage of you if they feel the need to. It's always understaffed and scheduling is always a hassle. If they decide to schedule you during a time outside of your availability they put the responsibility on you to find someone to cover it. The co-workers themselves feel the need to make cliques and show so much favoritism and gossip is never far. Working at Kwik Trip is pretty much another workplace but with good pay and that's it.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Co-workers, Management, Favoritism, Gossip
great company
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  MNOctober 23, 2016
Everyday is different. Family atmosphere. Co workers are fun and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that I work with daily and the management team is very compassionate.
No consistency/only looks good on paper
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plover, WIOctober 18, 2016
Kwik Trip can be a God send or a nightmare depending on what location you are employed at. The managers, aka store leaders, are in complete control. While it can be difficult to terminate because they need HR approval they can and will reduce your hours to as low as 3 hours a week if they want you to quit.
If you're having issues with your manager Hr will not allow you to speak with anyone, you are instead directed to speak with the manager to resolve the issue yourself. Speaking with a district manager often results in retaliation from the manager because they don't accept complaints anonymously, it would be impossible in most instances.

A hotline is provided to call in tips about theft or dishonesty. At the beginning of my employement with Kwik Trip there was an employee stealing, I witnessed it on several occassions. I attempted to call the honesty line for 2 weeks, all I ever got was a voicemail asking for my name and number. I gave up, not wanting to call attention to myself by making a complaint of theft.

Some managers are amazing, they enforce and open door policy, they'll listen and discuss your concerns.
Others unfortunately do not in anyway encourage or even allow discussions.

Policies are enforced with different co workers based on the level of friendship they carry with the store managers.

There are employees with facial piercings who are not asked to remove them, while others are pulled aside and told to remove simple earrings.
Some employees are harassed about the use of vacation time, while others are given 3 day weekends "just because".
  more...

It would be nice if upper management had better control over their store managers and their behaviors.

The company does offer an anonymous survey once a year to rate your managers performance. The managers who know they may not be preforming as they should will make it impossible for employees to take the surgery in a private setting. My manager attempted to force employees to take the survey at the front register area where he could "monitor", another year he tried to restrict the time allowed to 10 minutes leaving no time for comments. The most outrageous action was when he continued to come into the office stating he needed "stuff" only to stand their and read as I was typing. I was later told he did that will all the employees that year.
Pros
Year end bonus based on hours worked for the year
Cons
No accountability for management, no voice for employees
Always keeps your busy
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Watertown, WIOctober 8, 2016
Great management, make good money in a short period of time. Your always busy when it's either cashiering pulling bakery or packing donuts, cleaning. Your definitely never bored
Pros
Good bonuses great people your working for
Cons
Short lunch and only part time
Nice company to work for.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIOctober 4, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. They offered may benefits and were understanding and easy to work with. My least desirable experience was the co workers, hard to get along with and very clicky. All in all a nice place to work for the most part.
I loved my job until I transferred and this manager won't listen.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 26, 2016
I loved working with my co workers. Didn't get along with my manager cause every time I talked to him, he would twist my words. He didn't like what was going on.
Pros
end of year bonus. gift cards for rewards, free car washes
Cons
manager won't listen to my problems and twisted my words
Great Team Players
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Minocqua, WISeptember 23, 2016
Typical day at work: stock shelves, assist customers, get store ready for delivery truck.
Everyone works as a team.
Store managers will step in and assist with any task that needs to be done.
Fun place to work
Truck Unloader/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Sparta, WISeptember 18, 2016
There is always something to do at Kwik Trip. It's fast paced, friendly people and fun. I like feeling comfortable when i walk into a store. I always do, no matter what Kwik Trip i go into.
Great place to work!
Guest Service/Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Omro, WISeptember 18, 2016
Very fast paced job with great coworkers and friendly environment. I have enjoyed working here for the past 5 years and plan to continue so for years to come!
Great company to work for
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 17, 2016
I have worked here for a few years now and it is a good building block for the start of my career. The management is great and the company philosophies are even better.
Fast paced work enviroment
Food Service Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Wales, WISeptember 12, 2016
Depending on where you are placed as a cashier or kitchen staff your days or nights will be busy. There are 3-8 hour shifts most work is stocking and helping guests. There are part-time and full time positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kwik Trip. Our community is ready to answer.