KWIK TRIP

KWIK TRIP Employer Reviews

Friendly Environment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: free fountain drink/coffees while on duty, health benefits, bonus check at the end of the year, profit sharing, and gift cards when you pass the secret shoppers
Cons: benefits only available for full time
A typical day at work is punching in at the designated time you are schedules, grabbing a headset and then counting into your drawer. After counting into the drawer, I would assist customers that were waiting line. I would greet them with a friendly smile and ask how there day was. I would then ask the them if they had any fuel and I would suggestive – more... sell an item (any item that was on sale). After that I would tell the customer the total amount that they owe for the item that they had purchased. After they gave me the money, I would give them their change (If they received any) and say, "Thank you and stop again"."
If there was any customer's in line at the registers, I would start working on the duties list, while keeping an eye on the registers.

I have learned that the customer is always right, in what ever case it may be. I have also learned to be more social and how to interact with they different types of people that come in .

The management is friendly and is willing to work with your outside life. For example, if a parent had gotten into a car accident, they are willing to work around the schedule to help you out.

The hardest part of the job for me is waking up early in the morning. For example, I have had to wake up at 3 in the morning to get ready for my 5 ol'clock shift in the morning,

The most enjoyable part for working at Kwik Trip for me is interacting with the different customers that come in and interacting with my co-workers. Everyone I work with is friendly and they appear to be enjoying what they are doing. Which is always a plus. – less
great job
retail coworker (Former Employee), Hudson, WiJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: great value emphasized on employees, kept us happy, end of the year bonus, several other bonuses for doing a good job there as well.
Cons: long hours, tough scheduling sometimes, strict format in which coworkers have to work at times.
not laid back, but also not stressful on most days. kept you occupied. great coworkers, manager was strict, but reasonable and helpful. great place to work over all. Typical day would be cashier up front, maybe sell pizzas on days sales were on. stock shelves, stock cooler, unload truck on truck days. Learned how to work a cashier, how to help customers – more... with problems, leadership, responsibility and work ethic. coworkers were great, understanding and pretty flexible with schedule. some were more incompetent compared to others, while some were also a little more stressed out. Hardest part would be dealing with difficult customers. Most enjoyable was working in the kitchen or selling pizzas. – less
Cover your but
District Maintenance & Service Technician (Former Employee), Lakeville, MNJanuary 5, 2014
Management will lie to employees and throw employees under the bus to further them selves!
Awesome company to work for
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Owatonna, MNJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: people and enviornment.
Cons: pay and holidays
Great place to work benefits are great and the people are so nice.
love love love
overnights (Former Employee), coon rapids mnDecember 31, 2013
Always fast pace, always fun!! love the company love the customers
great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Berlin, WIDecember 30, 2013
Pros: atmosphere was nice
Cons: the manager we had at the time had a lot of favortism
good place to work great beniefits great managment i loved the people i worked with
Assistant Store Leader
Assistant Store Leader (Former Employee), Waterloo, IADecember 27, 2013
Pros: year end bonus
Cons: gossip and petty fighting
Horrible place to work. The district manager will listen to gossip and if she can't prove it, she will invent something to fire you. She would not allow us to say "Have a great day" , said it was negative. Obviously she has never read Have A Great Day by Norman Vincent Peale, the father of positive thinking.
Veterans Should Apply
Truck Driver (CDL) (Former Employee), LaCrosseDecember 26, 2013
Pros: actually respect their employees. high moral standards.
Cons: still looking for them.
I was amazed at the opportunity this company gave me to drive after my military departure and obtaining a new CDL. Only problem was, I was not familiar with their Freightliner trucks, which made for a frightening road test!

Unlike a lot of companies who yak about seeking veterans to employ, they just "walk the walk" not talk the talk. They pay well, – more... offering $19.00 hour just to begin training.

If your willing to work and do your best, this has got to be one of the best places anywhere in the region for a veteran willing to apply the high standards he/she learned in the military. – less
Great Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Horicon, WIDecember 25, 2013
Pros: great people
people need to work here its an awesome place to work its not hard hours are great
fun place to work
Morning Bookkeeper/ Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee), River Falls, WIDecember 18, 2013
May be working different shifts.
Have the opportunity to work in different parts of store and different options for advancement.
Co-workers were all great.
Productive and easygoing work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Buffalo, MNDecember 18, 2013
Pros: meeting new people and getting free coffee and drinks while working
Cons: short 20 min break
Ringing customers, stocking shelves and cleaning the store. Ive learned how to have better people skills and customer service. My co workers were awesome and extremely nice. Hardest part was dealing with customers that were rude. My most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Kwik Trip
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Mayville, WIDecember 2, 2013
I am in charge or ordering, Hiring/Recruiting/Interviewing, Scheduling for 25+ employees, inventory audits, training of all new co-workers, conducting shelf audits, daily paperwork and banking.
very good company to work for
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WINovember 26, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: different scedule every week
the company is a very good company and they do take care of their employee very well
Great place to work, they all work together to make their store the best.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Otter Road, Eau Claire, WINovember 17, 2013
Pros: great environment. people who cared. bonuses. worked with you for hours needed.
Cons: not a great chance for advancement, because workers stay forever.
I really enjoyed working here because you always knew something you could do so time wasn't wasted. the co-workers all worked together to make their store the best so customer service was always the highest priority. The manager was always right in there helping and not just standing by giving orders. You feel like you are part of a family.
You wait – more... on customers, fill shelves, stock coolers, and are always watching for things to clean. Cleaning the bathrooms was high on the list and customers really appreciated that. Counters were always spotless, coffee always filled, floors swept, and things customer shopped for most readily available. – less
Food Service Leader (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNNovember 9, 2013
Turn over is increasing for general co workers due to increased work expectations.
Kwik Trip Farmington
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Farmington, MNOctober 23, 2013
friendly co-workers
excellent managers
healthy competition
great bonus
fun upbeat frindly coworkers
Cashier/Shift Leader (Former Employee), Oshkosh WIOctober 15, 2013
fast pass, multitask, joking with customers and coworkers while servicing and meeting their consumer needs.
Good values and well organized company
Cashier (Current Employee), River Falls, WIOctober 11, 2013
Pros: values
Cons: short breaks
Kwik Trip is a good company to work for while in college. They are very flexible on hours and understand school hours. The company has good values and teaches people how to work and stay organized.
An awesome company to work for and they take great care of their employees.
Co-worker (Former Employee), Owatonna, MNSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: treat well and respected
Cons: pay
I worked at Kwik Trip part time (only every other weekend) in the kitchen and helped out on the registers. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and our customers.
Hands on customer service
Retail co-worker (Former Employee), Farmington, MN 55024September 20, 2013
Pros: people work with and customers, 40% company profit sharing
Cons: short breaks, all shift on feet
Typical Day would involve: stocking, cleaning, customer service. I learned how different cash register programs are on counting was not all ways normal accounting math. The co-workers are wonderful, with some was like family. Hardest part of the job was probably confronting customers that where trying to steal merchandise. The most enjoyable about work – more... was the returning customer relationships. – less

About KWIK TRIP

At Kwik Trip we truly take the “Golden Rule” and super charge it. . . We make a difference! The positive difference – Read more