KWIK TRIP

KWIK TRIP Employee Reviews

Productive but stressful
Food Service Co-Worker (Former Employee), Marshfield, WIOctober 27, 2014
I was told I was going to do one job but found out I was hired for a totally separate job
Fun and fast paced environment
Food Service co-worker/Cashier (Current Employee), Rochester, MNOctober 21, 2014
Cashier
Customer relations
cleaning
food preparation
dishes
stocking
Wonderful, family orientated company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Mequon, WIOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: bad hours, cap on pay
Great place to learn customer service. Met great people, both customers and co-workers. Great company benefits.
Great co-workers to work with, friendly environment.
Co-worker (Current Employee), Sauk City, WIOctober 2, 2014
Pros: great people to work with!
Cons: 10 minute breaks only every 4 hours.
Kwik Trip has an excellent work environment with very friendly co-workers. The management is very flexible and easy to get along with.
leading convience store in MN, WI, and IA
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Lakeville, MNSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: end of year bonus, can recieve company shares after 5 years of service
Cons: really short breaks, some favoritism, co-worker equalism needs to be improved, lack of communication
Good benefits, family owned company, mostly caring management
Great Environment
Store Leader (Current Employee), Weston, WISeptember 21, 2014
Being treated well at from your employer. High expectations and a lot of daily execution, work hard and play hard. Only downside is 10 hour days with 2 10 minute breaks
Great team spirit
Retail Co-worker Shift Leader (Former Employee), Lacrosse WisconsinSeptember 15, 2014
I learned so much from working with Kwik Trip. Putting the customer first, bringing a smile, and going the extra mile.
fun place to work
Guest Services (Current Employee), Spencer, WISeptember 11, 2014
Pros: bonuses, awesome co workers
Cons: not enough full time positions
Always having fun but getting work done, awesome bonuses!!
Fun place to work with interaction between customer and coworker
Clerk (Current Employee), Wausau, WISeptember 7, 2014
Pros: year end bonus, great environment
Cons: short breaks.
Kwik Trip has been a great place to work, from day 1 to current, many people have added to this company and help it to continue to grow, with great interaction with our customers we feel like a real place that people can come to visit, instead of just come to buy product.
Workplace
Cashier (Decorah) (Current Employee), Decorah, IAAugust 29, 2014
Typical Day: Ring up sales, balance register, assist customers.
What I learned: How to manage my time effectively
Management: Works well with fellow employees.
Co-workers: Easy to get along with and work with.
Hardest part of the job: Doing all daily tasks while putting the customer first as well.
Enjoyable part of the job: Seeing co-workers and customers.
Retail co-worker
Retail Co-Worker (Current Employee), Pardeeville, WIAugust 25, 2014
Pros: end of year bonus
Cons: no room for advancement.
You are on your feet 24/7. The job is not a tough one, it doesn't always offer much challenge, but it fills another part time job to fill in until I can find a full time job.

Some co-workers are easy to work with and not all give 100%, which makes it very difficult when you have a work ethic such as myself.

Again, the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the public and the every day customers you get to know.
Productive and liked most of the people i worked with
Production Worker (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good pay decent people to work for
Cons: short breaks and hot in the summer
I learned how to work good under pressure and in a fast passed environment. I worked with a great crew who made the time go by faster, had fun most of the time. My managers and supervisor were pretty easy to talk to, were always willing to listen to suggestions on how to make the work place either safer or how to save time and waste on our products. The hardest part of the job was probably that i was hard on the body, always need to make sure you stretch and take care of your body. I was good at what i did and did enjoy going to work, i made great relationships with my coworkers and we made our job fun.
Customer Service plus every other responsibility
Customer Service (Current Employee), Alma, WIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: year end bonus, not 9-5 shifts, flexible hours
Cons: short breaks, cannot leave store during these breaks, management
a typical day:

coming in at 5AM, if you're lucky enough to not work at a 24 hour store where your hours could be anytime of day. Being stressed out for most of the day as you try to do a laundry list of tasks all while helping customers with every tiny need they have. Listening to how our gas/cigarettes/butter prices are too expensive when we have no control over them. while you may not have to work the typical 9-5 shift you may get stuck with 6-4 like I do and being too tired to do much with the rest of your day anyway.
good, got an hour for lunch
Assistant Food Service Leader (Former Employee), portage, WiJuly 28, 2014
great people i worked with but management was not good at all. overall it was a ok place to work for.
rated one of the best companies to work for in WI
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Hartford, WIJuly 25, 2014
Pros: lots of employee perk
Cons: very short breaks
A typical day was checking out customers, preparing food and beverages, stocking and cleaning.

I learned a lot of things that I didn't know before. For example, I learned how to work in their kitchen preparing food for customers, fixing gas pumps, etc.

I enjoyed my co-workers immensely. I was a great place to work. The best part of the job was that you were ALWAYS busy and time went by very fast.

Management was always appreciative and respectful which made the job that much more enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job was very long days with only a few 10 minutes breaks. It was hard to eat more than a few bites at a time.
terrible place to work.
asst. store leader (Current Employee), lacrosseJuly 22, 2014
Cons: a job nothing more
Treat you poorly. Work every weekend. Expect a lot for little pay.
Fun job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Camanche, IAJuly 20, 2014
Very routine and layed out for you, management is very helpful, coworkers get along
Good to their employees
Coworker (Current Employee), Oakdale, MNJuly 19, 2014
Kwik Trip Inc has made it a point to be really good to their employees. They offer 401k program as well as 40% profit sharing, which is unheard of in this field.
Fun place to work and very employee friendly
Cashier (Former Employee), Stoughton, WIJuly 14, 2014
A typical day at kwik trip i would help customers a the cashier. I also made food in the kitchen and cleaned bahrooms. I learned to be more outgoing and how to use a turbo oven. The managment was amazing you could truly tell they cared aout their employees. My co-workers were always there to help and show me different ways of doing stuff. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with coffee in the morning. I overall atmoshere working at kwik trip and meeting new people.
nice company but poor management
Team member (Current Employee), Tomah, WIJune 22, 2014
Pros: end of year bonus, nice pay
Cons: selfish management
over all a nice company. the store i work at has just come under new management and they don't seem to want to work with scheduling with me, making it hard to spend time with my newborn.

About KWIK TRIP

At Kwik Trip we truly take the “Golden Rule” and super charge it. . . We make a difference! The positive difference – Read more

KWIK TRIP Salaries