KwikShop Employee Reviews

Fun, friendly environment. Positive people to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 25, 2013
a typical day at work for me was coming in at 6 a.m. hearing "welcome to kwikshop" and seeing the smiling faces of my co-workers. I would sign in and get to work immediately, filling coffee pots, sweeping the floors, wiping down the counters and working the register. I learned different types of skills to keep a store clean consistently throughout the day. " Customers are attracted to cleanliness" my boss would always tell us. The management would always make sure you are up on your daily duties like cleaning the window seals, or keeping the bathrooms nice and clean, or front facing all the product, or making sure the product wasn't out dated. My co-workers were the same way, if you needed something to do or some help doing something, they were always there to help out. They would coach you and instead of bossing you around, because they were working there longer than i have, they would kindly ask. Nobody thought they were better than anyone else thats what i liked the most about it. The thing i disliked the most was being on my feet constantly,
Overall Not The Greatest Place to Work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Goddard, KSOctober 4, 2015
There is a constant problem with unemployment. Inconsistent management. Loaded with high Drama.

The interaction with customers is fantastic. The corporate really shows to care about the employees. It's a fast pace environment, with a great setup for giving fantastic work experience.

The co-workers don't show to really care about the company, they don't care much about what the management tells them, they overall are lazy.

The management is extremely hesitant to fire people, and doesn't really show to care that much about any of the employees.

The worst part is the drama and you don't get any breaks what so ever, NOT EVEN A LUNCH!!! You get to eat in front of customers!!!

The best part is the work benefits, and the patience/customer relation abilities that you gain.
Pros
Great Customers, Fantastic Corporate, Outstanding Benefits, Amazing Work Abilities to Gain
Cons
No Breaks/Lunch, Eat in Front of Customers, Extreme Drama, Horrible Management
Night Shift Clerk
Associate (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJuly 31, 2014
Moderate workplace with stability. Very little availability for advancement. Overtime not available at any times. Managers and staff very mediocre without very much professional skills.
Overall very simple job with job requirements as continous register work, stocking and keeping up with shelf items and lifespan of product. Ordering of products, such as tobacco, and all other grocery products. Training of new employees in store once fully hired. May I say that not all employees train new employees, only top of the line employees, mainly only managers train in store.
I have learned exceedingly great customer service skills while working at Kwikshop, due to that I alone deal with customers while I am there.
Overall, not a bad job. My issue with this job is that there is very little advancement opportunity, and I do not view this as a very good career option.
Fun place with Fun Managment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 4, 2015
Manager is always in a good mood, she is easy with people's schedule, Loved helping customers each and everyday! I have learned that even when you are having a bad day you still need to smile and be there for the customer, I am a very fast learner, I was the Assistant Manager for a while but choose to hand the job over to someone else, due to me going part time for awhile. Co-workers are always great they make you feel like family. Hardest part to my job was having to go around the schedule when it would change 2 or 3 times in the middle of a work week.Enjoyable would be my Boss she is so great and fun.
Pros
Customers always make your day better
Cons
schedule can change in middle of the week.
Not a family orientated nor an advancing in position company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  south wichita ksMay 17, 2012
you have work hard and unfortunately you have to work with some employees who already feel they are getting treated poorly and most decide to have poor work porformance or quit on your shift. The best part of this job is being able to work with the public.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
no employee discounts (all other dillons, etc have this), no lunch breaks, poor management work ethics
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 6, 2015
got to meet new people enjoy my surrounding ran the register ,management had good leadership and worked very well with the employees and customers. got along well with co workers, became good friends. the enjoyable part was knowing that the customers grew to appreciate you and count on you to fill their needs.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
A good company to work for
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 23, 2015
A typical day consisted of maintaining the area(s) that I worked in along with other areas that I was asked to work in, like the coffee making area. The management was very good overall. My direct supervisor was one of the top employees at that particular Kwikshop location.
Pros
Free drinks
A lot to do
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNSeptember 9, 2014
We would show up for work. We always had to clean from top to bottom on any given night. It was easy work and I was home two nights a week. The manager was the best part of where I worked.
Kwikshop
Crossgate mall-Customer service (Former Employee) –  South peralJuly 20, 2015
I work down at the kwikshop for September 6,12 to January 3,15.
I open the door at 7 am to 10 pm i help out clean and cashier also restock the shelf.
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Davenport, Iowa 52802September 7, 2015
It was a good place to work. Customers are great and made it worth coming to work. The always know how to put a smile on your face.
it sucked
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burrton, KSOctober 1, 2012
i felt this job was a joke. i was lucky if i worked eight hours a week which didn't make a paycheck worth it and most of their rules and policies made no sense
Great People to work with
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 11, 2012
Running all day
make your own hours
Cleaning up after people
Pros
alway busy
Cons
not enough hours for a full 40
fast paced