Kyocera Employee Reviews

Nice company to work for
Electronic Drafter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 29, 2017
Nice company to work for, small drafting group, friendly co-worker.
Little strick policy about exercise every morning but overall it is a good company.
A typical work day
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMay 18, 2017
A typical work day is very productive. I work midnights which is my preferred shift. There is a small group of us on midnights, we help each other out. We would like it to have more hands on training but there is not a lot of training that is happening.
Pros
We stay busy
Cons
Not a lot of training
nice people, Small Production crew,easy work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIOctober 6, 2016
Beware.. this is a nice company but only down fall is there is no growth to move up. And they really not into hiring in they will keep you as a temp forever.. Good luck
Pros
free company lunches, stress free
Cons
low pay, no room for growth
Interesting
KLand Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJuly 9, 2015
I've learned a lot at Kyocera and gained a lot of experience which is usually the main thing that I look at when I start a job. It's a very hard job (especially in the area I work in) but a job that's easy isn't really a job as my dad says. Over the past several months, however, I've realized that the jobs effects on my health and body are surprisingly severe. I have also since learned that the area I work in is the only area in the whole company that has not had someone to properly retire in. They have all went out on medical leave due to injuries to the wrist, hands, shoulders, backs and necks; all things that are the most affected in the kland job.
Pros
Great benefits, great experience.
Cons
Only having 4 days off a month, having to work about 50-70 hours a week & the health problems it causes
Doesn't value employees
National Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 24, 2014
The environment is terrible and the company doesn't value their employees. Want to hate your life and collect a paycheck? Work here!
Your Average Sales Job in the Copier Industry
Direct Sales, Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2014
Kyocera, an emerging player in the copier market, struggles to compete with the major players when it comes to technology. Small to mid-range machines are excellent products, however low-end products are often overpriced compared to market and company lacks high-end products to offer large companies who require speed and durable products. Support from the Kyocera corporation is almost non-existent, there is little, if any marketing and zero social media exposure. There is a fundamental lack of understanding in this organization on how to move forward with these initiatives and the benefits they offer in today's workforce. Exposure is critical, especially when you are playing catch up in the industry.

Management is a hands off philosophy. Any problems you will have to handle on your own. You will not receive report from higher-ups, nor will you be given the necessary tools to help allay concerns clients pose. Service is inconsistent and problems linger for way too long without resolution. There is also a walking contradiction of a sales manager/sales rep, who has 99% of Kyocera's existing accounts. This manager also still has a territory, can sell within his territory and open new accounts.

Salary is a low base salary, with commission. Commission structure is well paid, but raises, bonuses or promotions do not occur here. There is no account base for an employee to work off of. All business must be brought in through new business or existing business you brought from outside.

The office is a ghost town. Employees come and go as they please and are not required
  more... to be there. There are no policies or procedures in place and no oversight. Working in the office can often feel like death since it is barren and sparsely populated. The core group of employees are all pleasant and respectable individuals. There is a core group that get along with each other and are honest and upstanding. There is no office politics or talking behind employees backs.

In closing, this job is just another job. If you are in the copier industry, you are familiar with the landscape and know what the job entails. There are no surprises here. Most of the employees will last about 2-3 years here before moving on.
Analytical leader and team player with well-defined business acumen and outstanding communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, NJOctober 27, 2013
Administered the co-op advertising budget, with primary focus on dollar value, content, accuracy, as well as availability

Demonstrated proficiency in issuing trade in credits to dealers; identifying customer base; and developing and tracking budget and expenses
District Manager
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 8, 2013
As a District Manager I covered a 9 state 11 city territory. I hired, trained and managed a sales force for a new start up program.
I traveled out in the field with Field Sales Reps and maintained relationship with the client. I also performed evaluations.
Pros
Travel
Internship
Summer Internship Secretary (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 18, 2013
I was able to attain my first corporate work experience here and the culture was open enough were co-workers would help out and orient you.
Nice place to work
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Balboa, CAApril 20, 2012
I find kyocera a nice place to work for, not only a friendly co- worker but also the supervisor and managers are so nice. Sometimes we have a free food for special holidays, its only for me not to long because I'm only a temporary worker.