L&L Products

L&L Products Employer Reviews

Struggling to survive
office administration (Current Employee), Molsheim, FranceDecember 7, 2012
Pros: salary
Cons: no career prospects
Massive reduction of the staff due to a heavy drop of the turnover.
Single material portfolio, so very susceptible to market fluctuations.
Climate of decline within the remaining workforce.
L&L was a great place to work as I got to lead a team to extrordinary successes while growing our product line in the industry
SALES/PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee), Romeo, MINovember 15, 2012
Pros: the challenges and the new technology were a joy to deal with every day
Cons: upper management did not provide a clear vision on what we were trying to accomplish long term
On a daily basis I would call field calls from our primary customer to address any quality, delivery, cost or performance issues. I would also present our new technology for use on upcoming programs. I would also mine for new opportunities with non traditional customers to further industry penetration. I would also ensure that my internal customers – more... were satisfied as well – less
Enjoyed my internship!
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Romeo, MIOctober 27, 2012
It was a long days work sitting in the same spot all night long but the money was good for a high school graduate at the time.
this company no longer values it employees in production
production employee (Current Employee), deep south twin srew operater aft. shiftJanuary 31, 2012
Pros: its close to where most of the workers live, so that we dont have to drive very far
Cons: the company has a very bad safety record
the current managment states to hourly workers that we have been spoiled over the years , that company prctice has been to say yes and that has cost the company too much now managment will say know <as if that will not cost more>
My Day and My History
GM (Current Employee), Graskop, MPOctober 25, 2013
My duties are that of a general manager, and I oversee all day to day operations that one would find at a lodge / Hotel
My skills are management based with understanding of financial statements and budgets; I have many years of HR experience and have the ability to turn profits.
As lodge manager my day starts with a walk around inspection and a check – more... on reservations received during the night. From midmorning I attend to e-mails, general correspondence and highlight my diary for forthcoming meetings. I in general attend to my administration in the morning and use the afternoon to follow up on the previous day’s events such as maintenance, stock figures, occupancy percentages etc. As a rule I like to touch sides with night shift before they leave and do the same when they come back on duty.
I have hands on approach so you will find me in all the departments, from housekeeping to the surrounding gardens.
I spend a fair amount of time chatting to our guest on arrival and departures, and offer travel advice whenever possible. This is obviously an important part of my function as it allows me to enquire about the comforts or attend to any complaints timorously.

My History
I started my career in 1979 as an apprentice fitter and turner for API (Later to become Nampak), once qualified I moved over to production and planning and progress up to departmental manager. An opportunity in the sales field was made available within the Nampak group and I took the opportunity, it was an area that from day one made me comfortable and I moved up the ranks to Sales Director in the early 90’s. By this stage I was completing my management modules at Rhodes and Wits business school. In the mid 90’s I decided to open my own packaging company and by the end of the 90’s I sold my packaging company and acquired a Lodge in Mpumalanga where I reside today.
. – less