L&T Employee Reviews

Startup with potential to grow up and be great
Media Strategist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2016
I largely enjoyed working at L&T, and felt I was able to do, try and experience more than others in my position elsewhere. I enjoyed working with my colleagues and being apart of a young, growing, and promising company.
The company is quite young, and that is sometimes evident in how management interacts with and manages employees. There often seems to be some kind of tension over miscommunications between teams and leadership figures.
Errors only come from the company's position as a startup; the leadership team is passionate, hardworking, and driven towards success.
Pros
Free lunch on Friday
Cons
Young management, Not a lot of feedback
It was great going to the different courts and learning how they worked.
Process Server (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 30, 2016
As a process server a typical day starts at 5am in morning, first attempt can't be until 6am knocking on doors and ring bells trying to get personals services. If not personals , conspicuous which means I would have to return next day different time. My hours where 6am to 10 pm . Papers (Petitions)served daily could be 10 to 50 a day. I like traveling throughout the five boroughs interacting with people some good some not so good but never the less I enjoyed it. I learned how more humble because you never know what someone going through. The hardest part of the job was being the bearer of bad news to a mom on hard times and I'm given her a 30 day notice , or grandmother who has been in a apartment for 30years(rent stabilize) and the land lord wants to turn apartments into condos. Enjoyable part of job was working by myself and under my own schedule .
Pros
Work for self
Cons
Having to have traves( Go to court when someone say they wasn't served).
working great
Assistant Manager (Piping Engineer) (Current Employee) –  Brigham City, UTSeptember 11, 2016
nice working atm
late working hours
no proper top management
good team mate at onsite
No proper team back at offshore
Average Salary
Working hard at client side onsite
Productive and Knowlegde
system engineer (Current Employee) –  rabaleAugust 21, 2016
New day with new learning, new responsibilities.
New targets.
Learned many new concepts related to ships and systems.
Helpful colleagues and managers ready to share knowledge
Operation & Production
Surface Miner and mobile crusher (Current Employee) –  Raurkela, OrissaMarch 2, 2016
L&T is a one of the Best construction company in India and i proud to be work in Larsen & Toubro limited. and daily we follow the Target of production.
L&T Management is very gentle no work pressure.
our co-worker is very hard-worker & intelligent in his work.
My hardest part of the job is our labour sub contractors is not supply sufficient and required labour.
The most enjoyable part of the job is achievement of the monthly target.
Pros
Free tea & snacks
Cons
short lunch break
Sales Associate/Customer Service
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CANovember 25, 2015
A typical day at L and T was very busy and productive. I learned how to be creative with displays, i also learned how to use a ten key (calculator) and including tax with the purchases. The management was great and supportive, taught me how to survive in the workplace and under pressure. I didn't have co-workers on my shifts, it was just me and the manager because it was a self owned business. There wasn't really a hard part in the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers and meeting there satisfaction.
Pros
The breaks, the location
Cons
n/a
Good Place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAMarch 11, 2016
Very good place to work with the professional management. lot of scope for learning. people are so friendly in this environment and very professional in their behaviour.
Excellent small company, driver oriented
Flatbed Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALOctober 5, 2015
Hard work, but rewarding if you apply yourself. This is a flatbed job so the work is hard but no more than expected of this position. Physical fitness and physical demands are the same as with any flatbed job. You do have to load your own load at times, and the management will personally show anyone not trained how to do so.
Pros
Small enough to care about employees
Cons
hours are typical of a driving job
First Major Job
CNC Machinist / Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2015
The Deer in the Headlights.
I was that deer when I first started at J.I.T. Machining.
The machines were big and scary. I thought I wouldn't last a week.
22 years later I can say that fear didn.t stay around long.
I learned everything I needed to learn from this company.
I scraped parts. I crashed machines. I learned.
It's didn't take long before I knew how to make a good part.
I been making good parts since.
Good place
Purchasing Mgr. & Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 11, 2016
- People are nice
- Material styles, systems, negotiated
- Not good good at management
- Purchasing is really hard job, need to deal with vendors
Pros
FREE LUNCHES
fully Management for products
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  INJanuary 28, 2016
most of the I was at the floor work. and I learned is proper balanced the chain. also, how to maintain the quality of the product.
Good hours great experience, but couldn't keep trucks running
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2015
Good experience with end dump but company didn't stay in business.enjoy the hours, like working with dump trucks,good pay like every Friday
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Lots of down time, trucks not up to standard.
Experience with L&T Health and Fitness
Health and Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYJune 26, 2015
Overall has been a good experience. I have learned how to teach group exercise classes. My supervisor has been very helpful in teaching me. Difficult schedule.
Pros
Organized list of responsibilities, accommodating when things come up, learning of how to teach group exercise and be successful
Cons
Change in schedule everyday is taxing
Best place I've ever worked at!
LLC, Illinois, Texas, California - President/Owner (Current Employee) –  TXAugust 26, 2015
Working with L&T Development was one of the best experiences of my life. Every day there is always something new to do and something that I am willing to learn about. Great place to work and great projects.
Pros
Free lunches if working directly with Jon
Great learning experience.
Operations Manager, Trainer, Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2015
• Planned, design and implemented new management practices, and customer relations strategies based on owner specifications
• Helped drive growth through consistent employee recruitment, and training as well as new business partnership relationships.
• Directly oversaw budget reconstruction and project planning aimed at reducing overhead costs, spillage and accident occurrence on site.
• Selected site for additional warehouse and motor pool while adhering to budget constraints
Lack of equality and no professionalism
Apprentice Nail Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2015
My typical day at work when it was busy was to greet customers/clients with a friendly and outgoing personality, set appointments, answer incoming phone calls, and most of all give pedicures. I was in the process of working on a license to become a specialized nail technician. I learned the skills needed for pedicuring and making sure hygiene of the work place was properly maintained. My co-workers were considered to be my bosses also which leads to the hardest part of the job: Lack of professional leadership. There were no respect boundaries, no advancement opportunities, lack of adequate and fair pay by commission, and constant bickering. Although I enjoyed having flexible hours and absolutely loved working with people and holding very good, sometimes very personal, conversations, it wasn't worth the problems that occurred daily.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Extremely short breaks, no benefits.
Productive when we closed on houses or loans for clients
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Shorewood, ILJanuary 23, 2014
Managing office duties, assuring everything was in place to assist loan officers. Submitting loans to various banks. Contacting persons in regards to progress or needed information to complete loans for approvals. I learned how to deal with the public and various banks and businesses. I am a people person so I never put myself in situations with co-workers where it would be difficult. The hardest part is when banks start putting more houses in foreclosure and we had to close office. The enjoyable part was I learned a new skill.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Loans being denied
Continous learning is needed
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Clarkfield, MNFebruary 5, 2014
I have working an 8hours per day,many experiences regarding work,able to stand on my own,build self confidence,and knowledge and skills,Company is not as good when it comes to slaries and benefits
my co workers is good and we work together as a team,sometimes we need to extend more time just to give the needs of other department when neede,but not most of time,I have learned a lot,and develop my self even more,
Cons
Salary is very cheap
Co-workers
Asst. Manager- Sales (Current Employee) –  GANovember 7, 2012
my experience during in field we used to share all information in a single click among all colleagues (i.e. sms, phone call,email etc), although the internal competition use to happen.

At the end of the day we again gather either at office premises or any where near a shopping mall as per convenient time and distribute all information of different projects as per our ability to work on the said projects, which keeps us enthusiastic to fight within the team & most importantly with competition.

So we never work under pressure even we get pressurized from Senior Manager.

This is what I & my colleagues in different work place till today adhere to.
Great place to work friendly enviroment
Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVAugust 5, 2012
service and operate tractor
learned some about hydraulics and different farm equipment
management was easy going and helpful
co-workers was friendly, but try to take credit for work that you finish.
hardest part of this job was dealing with no on the job training
most enjoyable part of the job is learn new thing about farm equipment
Pros
easy going workplace
Cons
no real leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L&T. Our community is ready to answer.