For 40 years, L&W has been a leading Tier I supplier in the automotive industry specializing in Metal Stampings, Welded Assemblies, Tubular Products, and Hot Stampings. L&W was formed in 1973, and since that time has grown into a dynamic and sophisticated company serving a variety of customers. L&W continues to expand operations and currently has 17 facilities operating in 4 states. Our growth and success is a direct result of the dedication and commitment of all our associates.
As reflected in our mission statement, “L&W is committed to serving our customers better everyday and providing a good job for willing workers.” We are seeking highly qualified individuals to build a career with us. No matter what team you will be working with, what you do is an important link in our ability to meet the needs of our customers. We have high expectations for L&W and for you. We look forward to a mutually rewarding and successful partnership.
L&W offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and disability insurance, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, and paid vacation and holidays.
L&W promotes a drug and alcohol free workplace.
- Translate customer orders in production schedule and work with Materials Department when fluctuations in customer demands require adjustments to ensure schedules maintained desired inventory levels.
- Supervise both Receiving and Material Planning functions. Assist in the creation of processes and verification that processes are being followed.
- Verification that all Material Planning functions have been followed per department processes.
- Monitor changes in customer requirements on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to ensure production schedules and operating plans are adequate (not over and under-stated)
- Daily maintenance of production schedules and communication with Materials Dept. and Operations through assigned avenues (Visual Management)
- Monitor inventory levels in both WIP and FGI ensuring they remain within pre-determined tolerances.
- Coordinate Engineering Changes with Shipping and Material Planning to ensure dates and quantities are met.
- Conduct/request, monitor, and analyze cycle counts and inventory accuracy.
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly Supplier Performance reports.
- Verification of production paperwork.
- Monitor material incoming/outgoing from suppliers.
- Schedule trucks incoming/outgoing from suppliers, venders, etc.
- Enter/monitor daily scrap reports
- Maintain Supplier files
- QAD Experience Preferred
- Create/maintain QAD production schedules, as assigned.
- Participate in Dept. cross-training activities, as assigned
- Materials Planning supervision
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four year college or university; or five years plus in related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 - 7 years in Automotive Materials Department as it pertains to Scheduling, Materials Planning, Inventory
- Valid and current driver's license with an acceptable record
- Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written)
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Attention to details
Indeed - 21 months ago
For 40 years, L&W has been a leading Tier I supplier in the automotive industry specializing in Metal Stampings, Welded Assemblies,...