We are a Tier One Automotive Supplier specializing in metal stampings, welded assemblies and tubular products. We are currently searching for a Cost Accountant. This position will have responsibilities in the suburban Ann Arbor Area (Chelsea, MI and Milan, MI) Some specific job duties include:
- Plan, study and collect data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
- Analyzes data obtained such as PPV/methods change/material usage and takes action as results indicate.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs; monitors PCA’s and takes appropriate action.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs. Reviews the MCA (manufacturing cost analysis) with the General Manager.
- Reviews cost information for use in controlling expenditures – monitors spending tools (checkbook, forecasts, etc).
- Analyzes audits of costs and prepares reports – weekly / monthly checklists, variance analysis.
- Compiles cost information (material, labor and burden standards) to be used in operating budget preparation. Responsible for preparation of annual operating budget with input from operations groups.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly financial forecasts.
- Makes estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
- Participates in plant activities to provide input from the financial point of view.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly financial forecasts and annual operating budget.
- Develops annual standards based on company practices and policies.
- Actively participates in plant inventory management/physical inventory planning/execution. * Jointly responsible with material control department.
- Ad Hoc reporting as required
*Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five years plus related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For 40 years, L&W has been a leading Tier I supplier in the automotive industry specializing in Metal Stampings, Welded Assemblies,...