Responsible for coordinating activities of workers engaged in ordering and expediting raw material from outside vendors by means of formal releases. Releases are based on MRP requirements and must be reviewed weekly to ensure that production needs are met on a timely basis and inventory standards are maintained. Communicate material issues to all personnel concerned. Maintain zero obsolescence on all balance our parts.
- Supervises, coordinates, and prioritizes activities of materials personnel to meet customer, plant and management requirements.
- “A” inventory items, review and issue new releases on a weekly basis.
- “B” inventory items and issue new releases on a bi-monthly time table along with components and outside processing.
- “C” inventory items and steel review monthly and issue new releases when necessary.
- Maintain individual part number files. Files will include:
1. Purchase part inventories.
2. Current copy of model year P.O. maintained at the Tech Center.
3. MRP work sheets.
4. Vendor releases and general vendor information.
5. Copies of correspondence to vendors.
- Prepare steel aging reports weekly.
- Coordinate material needs on engineering changes.
- Communicate potential material shortages to all concerned.
- Issue RDR reports when needed.
- Prepare vendor performance reports monthly.
- Schedule steel deliveries according to master schedule.
- Schedule pick up and delivery.
- Review purchase part behind schedule on Monday of each week. Obtain UTS promises on all parts.
- Identify any shortages and report them to the Inventory Control Manager and Scheduler.
- Review purchase part behind schedule and UTS promises with Inventory Control Manager each Wednesday.
- Performs all duties and operates machinery & equipment according to TOSHA standards and company procedures using required safety equipment (gloves, sleeves, ear plugs, etc.)
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Assumes other duties as directed by supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of two years materials experience, MQ1 and QAD experience at an intermediate level. Valid Driver’s license and ability to obtain a forklift license is required.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
For 40 years, L&W has been a leading Tier I supplier in the automotive industry specializing in Metal Stampings, Welded Assemblies,...