L'Occitane Employee Reviews in United States

Lies lies lies
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 26, 2015
This company is a complete joke. As a store manager you have ZERO autonomy. You cannot hire, fire, coach or lead your team without the most incompetent of HR personnel to approve. Don't ever expect a raise no matter how well your store does or how hard you work. No back office so all of your schedules, paperwork etc have to be done between customers. You are alone in the store 90% of the time. They break labor laws and do not allow employees to have adequate breaks. Does not follow the city's sick pay laws. Awful, deplorable company. Look elsewhere there's much better out there!!!!
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Don't work here unless you enjoy being treated subhuman
Positive and diverse environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2015
A typical day at work would involve interaction with both my co-workers, management and customers. There is constant inflow of new product/ company information. Management is relaxed and there is a sense of ease and trust. My co-workers and I work together as a team for a positive outcome for the day.

Hardest part of my job would include customer complaints. It is hard when the customer leaves unhappy, I go above and beyond my means to please the customer for a happy outcome. Unfortunately, I do follow company policy which sometimes does not give the customer the outcome they want. Most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference and building a connection with customers. Many of my customers come back quite often because I do not just treat them as a customer with no care, I genuinely care for my customers.
Pros
Flexible hours, Campaign gratis, Compensation.
leadership
Skincare specialist, key holder (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 12, 2016
L'Occitane has taught me what great leadership is. Instead of going to work and being barked orders from a boss, I go and am coached to reach my potential goals by a leader. It is great waking up and knowing that you will be working a comfortable and happy work environment. I also love the products and getting to learn about each new product from skin care to all over body care! Learning these products really helps with letting each customer know which product would be best suited for them.
Pros
Comfortable work environment, great management, amazing product
Cons
Cegid, bad phone connection.
Don't Bother
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 14, 2016
Don't bother working here unless there is an open full time position. As a Part Time Employee you are on your own most of the day which leaves you as the one in charge. Pay is minimal and they will work you just under the amount of hours to require giving you benefits. You are supposed to be greatful for all the hours they give you with no benefits, no thank you. You are highly taken advantage of as a part time employee which saddens me deeply.
Pros
Laid back, independence
Cons
Except working a lot alone, no benefits, low pay, short breaks.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 18, 2016
For me the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and the products. L'Occitane had a very big following and talking to the customers about their favorite products was a lot of fun.
Pros
The company had so many amazing products. I was proud to be able to show the clients products.
Cons
The fact that the company is not based here. t made things a little harder in the office department.
Easy Going working place
Preform hand massages and mini facials (Current Employee) –  Carmel-by-the-Sea, CAApril 28, 2016
I have learned to manage the store and communicate with co-workers more efficiently and productively. It has been a nice place to grow, however I have reached my limit and would like to further develop, grow, and learn by receiving more responsibilities and opportunities to manage as well as sell.
Pros
Wonderful Products
Cons
Small hours, no room for growth.
Best Work Experience Ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLNovember 6, 2015
L'occitane was the best employer I ever had. I loved working there and the experience I gained from working with the company is irreplaceable. I loved all the management, in all the stores. There was no hard part about this job, outside of the commute, because I loved working there so much.
Different
Receptionist who created (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 25, 2016
The job was manageable. It allowed me to develop experience. A lot of responisblitiy required. Not a long term position.
Positive and quality retailer in the beauty brand industry
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIJanuary 20, 2016
Excellent place to work. I am currently working part-time here, while I continue to look for full-time work in the Healthcare Field.
Working with the best of the best
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2015
Great Place,enthusiastic,
nice people..........................
Working with the best of the best
Good client managements kills and client focus
Great product - Bad Management Style
PTSA (Former Employee) –  Keystone Crossing, Indianapo9lisJuly 25, 2015
I worked at the L'Occitane in Indianapolis and what seemed like a great job during the interview and first week ended up a nightmare! High staff turnover, bad hours - always called to come in early or work on days off, manager actually used phrase "all about me". Stayed as long as I could take it then left. Rules change from one day to next - basically staff can do nothing right according to manager. Store is never fully staffed due to this problem and assistant store manager is not allowed to perform duties due to managers constant hovering. You are constantly being watched as if you are a child and treated as if you are dumb. Great product and fun customers, but the bad far outweighs the good.
Pros
free products and discounts
Cons
bad manager and promises are not kept
Horrible Company but great products
Store Manager, Grand Central Station (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2013
This is the worst retail company I have ever worked for. I worked there as a Store Manager and the upper management were completely unprofessional and unorganized. I had years of retail management coming into this company and just seemed like the DMs and above just did not know what they were doing. Every plan for the stores was made at this last minute and Store Managers were expected to comply with them.

The hardest part of the job was the hours. I worked very long, exhausted hours for little recognition. Positive feedback is not a regular occurrence in this company.

The best part of this job was the products. I do believe in the product and personally use it so it was exciting to sell to customers. Even though I still enjoy the products, unfortunately my experience with L'Occitane has tainted my view on them a bit.
Pros
good benefits, great products
Cons
poor management, horrible employees
Fun work place, great people
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 12, 2016
Working with clients to identify their needs
learned how to manage a store
most enjoyable- working with coworkers and clients
Fast paced growing company.
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2015
Poor management and unprofessionalism particularly in human resources. The office atmosphere was unfriendly and volatile. There was constant gossiping and poor time management and delegation of work.
Pros
I learned a large amount of information in a short amount of time.
Cons
Poor management and work atmosphere.
Company takes advantage of employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2012
Unless you're in a flagship, you're by yourself in the store for an average of 1-6 hours a day. No security whatsoever. Company pushes you to essentially bother customers until they tell you to stop. Very inconsistant with employees salary and promotions. They make promises they don't keep. Part-time sales associates are taken advantage of and receive no benefits. Poor amount of gratis and trainings. Approximately $30 of gratis a month if you're lucky. No motivation to do your job well. Very high turnover rate. Very low percentage of happy employees.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
too many to count
Incredible place to learn
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2015
The sales environment is a fast paced industry that requires a thick skin and a strong desire to further one's knowledge of the business. The client is always the top priority.
Not the same as when I started
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater New YorkJune 29, 2015
When I first started with this company I could feel the "prosperity" the company would preach about. This company does do amazing things with foundations such as the American Blind Society, and the Women in West Africa. However when it comes to their own back yard, after several shifts in upper management the "prosperity" is like a unicorn.

They cut back payroll, yet expect you to have coverage for peak times, but wait you don't have the hours for coverage.
Only salaried managers are given 40 hrs.
Moving up is difficult unless you can find the balance of selling, cleaning (when no one is in the store), stocking (again when no one is in the store) and giving facials (if you have the coverage,) so you can sell a $108 cream, and its regimine that has more ingredients than most "natural" companies use.

Accountability is key, yet store managers are not coached in improving their own growth.
Pros
Great monthly gratis
Cons
Treat your team in stores with "Prosperity", set your teams up for success instead of giving them goals that are unobtainable, and blame them that doing "X-Y-Z" works. It does not work across the stores, if it did all stores would exceed their yearly targets.
Former manager for New York City
Store manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
this company overall has changed completely over the previous years .Theirs no structure what so ever ,the ones you are told to continuously look up too are not to be looked up too what so ever .Theirs no fairness in this company ,if you are not a favorite your are treated like a criminal .Sadly to say but theirs no support when needed from either regional or district manager in the New York area at all.We have experience over 5 new district managers over a period of 3 years "no one stays to pong with Loccitane"No one comes to visits unless someone majorly important is coming in town .Its sad and hurtful to say that I regret if working for this company.I have learned nothing inspiring from Loccitane.Instead I learned what not to do in a business ,while I look and observe their continuous mess up and law sue for not following proper US rules and regulations in the New York State laws.
Pros
products
Cons
not enough payroll hours to run a business, poorly unfair to staff
First management opportunity working at a great boutique with a wonderful manager!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 26, 2012
This was, by far, one of the best jobs I've ever had. I had a wonderful manager, of whom I'm still very close to, and we worked together to open this boutique in a great area. She taught me so much about managing and the operational side of managing, that I never knew existed. We worked really well together, and she was very supportive when I began my career with CHANEL.
Pros
tons of experience, great staff, great benefits, fun environment.
Cons
had to leave to pursue a new job opportunity.
Provided great skin care information.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 16, 2015
Company focuses on always keeping their employees up to date with new products, and provides fun ways to thoroughly learn about each product. This way it makes it easier on the employee to feel comfortable and confident about the products they are presenting to customers.