L'Occitane

L'Occitane Employer Reviews

Very bubbly environment
Lead Client Associate Responsibilities (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2014
Pros: very well known company, nice clients, great fragrances and gratis'
Cons: no healthcare options, low base pay
Very organized company, Very set rules and schematics. Must have a bubbly personality and be willing to talk to clients a lot. Fragrances are all very nice and lots of products are great to use and easy to introduce to clients. Very easy daily quotas to meet and very well known company so very little selling.
GREAT Company to work for.
Store Manager (Current Employee), N/AMay 9, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement, salary, and flexibility
Cons: upper management does get on you a lot if you are not making numbers
If you love skin care and body care and love the best things in life, then this is the company for you.
It is a sales company so you do have to work hard and follow the practices that are in place and sell, sell, sell.
There is always opportunity to move up, especially if you are willing to move. If you are then you will move up VERY quickly.
They also – more... pay above the mark for a small company. – less
Best place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 19, 2014
Pros: great pay, great management
I loved working for L'occitane. It's a great environment to work in and the management is great! They handle customers and take care of their employees. Definitely would highly recommend! They have great fragrances and great customer service! Very friendly!
If You're Lazy then come here...
Staff (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMarch 3, 2014
Pros:
- Nice products
- Nice discount
- Nice stores, hardworking people
- Headquarters in heart of times square
- Good company for internship for marketing but will likely not hire

Cons:
- Boring, dull, robotic work - no value for personal learning
- Small room for growth/advancement.
- Jobs too specialized b/c too administrative and mindless
- France – more... Corp gets more holidays off and perks - but US doesn't (most European corps get better perks than US)
- Everyone keeps to themselves
- Very Very Small bonus for most people not in upper management
- Contract paid hourly if not in managing position or upper level and have to clock in (Take off snow day if you can't make it in and if you are contracted they take it off your vacation day...messed up right) – less
I loved selling skin care
Store Manager (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CaJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great skincare
This team was like a family. One of my part time associates was able to grow into my assisstant with my help, and now she runs her own store. This company taught diversity through their use of Shea butter from Africa. It was fun sharing stories with my customers.
Horrible Company
full time sales (Former Employee), northwestJanuary 31, 2014
Cons: do not pay bonus
They Lie and are unethical. They make changes whenever they feel like it. They do not pay the bonuses they say they will. Do not trust this company. Full of lies!!!!
Great Management Team
Account Executive / Northwest Region (Current Employee), Northwest Region - San Francisco, CADecember 8, 2013
Pros: great management team support
Cons: bonus potential is weak
L'Occitane corporate really encourages teamwork and a fun place to work, while still keeping focused on driving increases in business.
not a great work place
sales (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: no
poor mgmt. no room for growth. the schedule was horrible. would not work with school schedule.
Horrible Company but great products
Store Manager, Grand Central Station (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2013
Pros: good benefits, great products
Cons: poor management, horrible employees
This is the worst retail company I have ever worked for. I worked there as a Store Manager and the upper management were completely unprofessional and unorganized. I had years of retail management coming into this company and just seemed like the DMs and above just did not know what they were doing. Every plan for the stores was made at this last minute – more... and Store Managers were expected to comply with them.

The hardest part of the job was the hours. I worked very long, exhausted hours for little recognition. Positive feedback is not a regular occurrence in this company.

The best part of this job was the products. I do believe in the product and personally use it so it was exciting to sell to customers. Even though I still enjoy the products, unfortunately my experience with L'Occitane has tainted my view on them a bit. – less
Great products amazing customers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), King Of Prussia,PAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: great products
Cons: no room for advancement
Meeting and engaging with customers is great, product knowledge training is important learned allot about skincare an giving facials,good place to work overall.
NJ Allocation Analyst
Allocation Analyst (Former Employee), Lyndhurst, NJJuly 22, 2013
• Analyze the best performance product form each category based on sell-through and inventory ownership
• Responsible for allocation replenishment in accordance with agreed stock target to 157 stores within the US
• Develop Excel spreadsheet using functions (lookup and Pivot tables) to recommend stores transfers to maximize profitability
Good Opportunities for advancement
International Web Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 18, 2013
Good place to work if you are looking to move up quickly in this industry.
Good place to learn the ropes and good people
Cash Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2013
Pros: free coffee/tea/milk
Good place to learn and grow with very helpful managers. You will learn about your position and anything associated with hands on training immediately.
Excellent company values & products
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OklahomaJune 21, 2013
Very fun place to work. Loved the products of the company. Although it was temporary seasonal work only, it was an experience I will forever cherish.
Fun and informative place to work.
ASSISTANT MANAGER/LEAD ESTHETICIAN (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 7, 2013
Greeting customers and welcoming them into the store like they are a guest at my own home, I find what they came in for and show them an extra thing or two to increase the sale. Working with each customer directly and finding out their specific needs and wants while getting to know them and relate to them on a personal level helps me build a trusting – more... relationship with the customer. I learn new things every day as well as get the chance to educate every customer I meet. – less
A great place to work
District Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 2, 2013
They are a brand driven to be the best and are always forward thinking. They drive their associates to push the boundaries to the next breakthrough and the next level of success. No day is the same as the last because you are always moving forward.
work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 23, 2013
excellent team work among managers. we all help each-other in anyway we can for daily struggles coaching,merchandising, hiring.
Great Products
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 10, 2013
Pros: free skin care products
Cons: casino hours
I have worked in skin care for many years and this was by far the most fun! I really learned how to take care of my skin in every regard. I was also able to teach my customers and help them find the best products for them. Very high end, so you cater to each customer. There was alot of room for growth whitin this company and they pay well!
Amazing Products/Excellent Pay
Full Time Sales Associate/ Key Holder (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: amazing products
Cons: corporate neglect of the best interests of employees
L'Occitane is something of a tricky company to work for. Should you negotiate a good pay rate for yourself in the beginning (ask for more than you would think to, you might just get it!), you will find yourself well compensated for working a non-commissioned sales associate job. The standards of product knowledge are high, and the level of responsibility – more... that every associate has is higher than one might expect at a job with hourly pay. This is truly boutique retail at it's most personal level. There will be days when your location is understaffed and you will be the only associate working in the store for the entire day. There may be long stretches of time after a transfer, resignation, or firing that you location may be without a manager, and you and your co-workers will be left to run the show with a remote manager "overseeing" your location.

So, if you don't mind busting your butt and being inconvenienced at times in the face of really decent retail pay, then go for it! – less
Overall, a good place to work
Sales associate (Current Employee), BoutiqueFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: positive company culture, independence and autonomy, great products
Cons: the music.
At L'Occitane you will often be alone on the sales floor. That's great for me personally but some people don't like it. At my store at least, all sales associates are also key holders. This means you will own and close the boutique. The products are high quality and the customers are usually very pleasant to work with. The company is taking initiative – more... to improve its internal promotion program and overall culture. All of that being said, the music will drive you slowly insane. It is an odd combination of technoish muzak, Edith Piaff, and obscure French music from the 1930's. It is the same every day. It will be drilled into your head. You will hum it all the time. It will be in your dreams. So, just take that into consideration. – less

1 2 3

About L'Occitane

Customers who shop at the L'Occitane counter count on high-end cosmetics and other luxuries. L'Occitane (pronounced "lox-ee-tahn") – Read more

L'Occitane Photos