L'Occitane

L'Occitane Employee Reviews

Great product - Bad Management Style
PTSA (Former Employee), Keystone Crossing, Indianapo9lisJuly 25, 2015
Pros: free products and discounts
Cons: bad manager and promises are not kept
I worked at the L'Occitane in Indianapolis and what seemed like a great job during the interview and first week ended up a nightmare! High staff turnover, bad hours - always called to come in early or work on days off, manager actually used phrase "all about me". Stayed as long as I could take it then left. Rules change from one day to next - basically staff can do nothing right according to manager. Store is never fully staffed due to this problem and assistant store manager is not allowed to perform duties due to managers constant hovering. You are constantly being watched as if you are a child and treated as if you are dumb. Great product and fun customers, but the bad far outweighs the good.
Well known organization with stability
n/a (Former Employee), n/aJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Bonuses were generous
Bank of America is one of the largest financial institutions in the country. The operations were always improving and the periodical training ensured that staff was knowledgeable and equipped to handle money with accuracy.
Hand Cream Galore
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Product, Freebies, Clientele
Cons: Pushed Skin Care too much
I seriously think I have more hand creams from L'Occitane than I do from anyone else. Loved the PRODUCT. Nothing else could compare!
Former manager for New York City
Store manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: products
Cons: not enough payroll hours to run a business, poorly unfair to staff
this company overall has changed completely over the previous years .Theirs no structure what so ever ,the ones you are told to continuously look up too are not to be looked up too what so ever .Theirs no fairness in this company ,if you are not a favorite your are treated like a criminal .Sadly to say but theirs no support when needed from either regional or district manager in the New York area at all.We have experience over 5 new district managers over a period of 3 years "no one stays to pong with Loccitane"No one comes to visits unless someone majorly important is coming in town .Its sad and hurtful to say that I regret if working for this company.I have learned nothing inspiring from Loccitane.Instead I learned what not to do in a business ,while I look and observe their continuous mess up and law sue for not following proper US rules and regulations in the New York State laws.
Not the same as when I started
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Greater New YorkJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great monthly gratis
Cons: Treat your team in stores with "Prosperity", set your teams up for success instead of giving them goals that are unobtainable, and blame them that doing "X-Y-Z" works. It does not work across the stores, if it did all stores would exceed their yearly targets.
When I first started with this company I could feel the "prosperity" the company would preach about. This company does do amazing things with foundations such as the American Blind Society, and the Women in West Africa. However when it comes to their own back yard, after several shifts in upper management the "prosperity" is like a unicorn.

They cut back payroll, yet expect you to have coverage for peak times, but wait you don't have the hours for coverage.
Only salaried managers are given 40 hrs.
Moving up is difficult unless you can find the balance of selling, cleaning (when no one is in the store), stocking (again when no one is in the store) and giving facials (if you have the coverage,) so you can sell a $108 cream, and its regimine that has more ingredients than most "natural" companies use.

Accountability is key, yet store managers are not coached in improving their own growth.
Lies lies lies
Store Manager (Current Employee), United StatesJune 26, 2015
Pros: Discount on products
Cons: Don't work here unless you enjoy being treated subhuman
This company is a complete joke. As a store manager you have ZERO autonomy. You cannot hire, fire, coach or lead your team without the most incompetent of HR personnel to approve. Don't ever expect a raise no matter how well your store does or how hard you work. No back office so all of your schedules, paperwork etc have to be done between customers. You are alone in the store 90% of the time. They break labor laws and do not allow employees to have adequate breaks. Does not follow the city's sick pay laws. Awful, deplorable company. Look elsewhere there's much better out there!!!!
wonderful products
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 25, 2015
Beautiful setting and wonderful products. Great customer services and refund policies. Nice team work and nice environment.
I loved the products and the boutique store
Sales Associate Key holder/Esthetician (Former Employee), Stamford CTApril 22, 2015
Pros: new gritis
Cons: no healthcare
I would open/close the store on some days . Talk about the products in the store, while showing guest how to use the products. I learned how to manage the store as far as calculating business numbers and what the store needs to do for up sales. I would also book guests and talk about the key ingredients. I gave exhalent management skills as well given to me for instants listening, learning, and receiving from my co-workers. The people that I worked with where ok, very good sales people and professional. I loved talking about the products "educating" the customers while taking them on the L'occitane journey.
Positive and diverse environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, Campaign gratis, Compensation.
A typical day at work would involve interaction with both my co-workers, management and customers. There is constant inflow of new product/ company information. Management is relaxed and there is a sense of ease and trust. My co-workers and I work together as a team for a positive outcome for the day.

Hardest part of my job would include customer complaints. It is hard when the customer leaves unhappy, I go above and beyond my means to please the customer for a happy outcome. Unfortunately, I do follow company policy which sometimes does not give the customer the outcome they want. Most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference and building a connection with customers. Many of my customers come back quite often because I do not just treat them as a customer with no care, I genuinely care for my customers.
Fun and engaging work environment
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chestnut Hill, MAApril 3, 2015
Working with the clients, I learned the importance of building relationships and meeting the needs of the customer. I value the welcoming tone set by management.
team unity is great but management needs review
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: product gratis
Cons: lease lining
Management and co workers are great but there seems to be a large gap with communication and understanding from the district managers and store managers.
Nice place to work but not enough hours offered
Beaty Specialist (Current Employee), Lake Grove, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: receiving gratis
Cons: not enough hours and growth
I have found this company to fair. The hours are not what i am looking for but the management tries to help with hours but i feel they hire too many consultants with now enough hours to fill
Great products!
Key holder (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great mall enviornment
Cons: no backroom and far storage
I enjoyed selling products that I could actually back as working. They provide you with unlimited samples and every new product launched so you can have a personal testimony. During my time working here we never had a manger longer then a few months, which made me question the inner workings of the company. Not having any team leaders made it hard to get time off and work around other work schedules.
Retail and management experience
Full-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 27, 2015
First true management experience. I learned a lot about customer service and prioritizing what is most important in running a business. Stood in the for store manager while they attempted to hire one for 5 months. Weird business structure within the company
Boutique Manager- love my job
Boutique Sales Manager (Current Employee), Durham, NCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great place to work. anyone can contact upper management without issues.
Cons: boutiques only have 1 full time person on staff.
L'Occitane invests a lot in their staffs. We are highly trained on the products. L'Occitane employees live and breath the french culture. In a boutique atmosphere it is very calming and low sales pressure. We are superior in customer service because we are trained to shop with a customer and educate them.
This is a great company to develop with.
Good Brand that is dragged down by management and low pay
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 24, 2014
Pros: free stuff
Cons: management, pay, hours, advancement
I loved the brand and products. A monthly gratis was nice to look forward to. Advancement is dependant on region. Southern California region has racial discrimination in highering practices by district manager.
this company is amazing
Store Manager (Current Employee), Scottsdale AZNovember 27, 2014
Awesome company to work for a typical day is looking over numbers and selling product to clients. L'occitane is a french company that gives high quality product for a reasonable price. I enjoy working with everyone on my team.
Loved working here
Sales Person (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 13, 2014
This job has it all, great management, sales people, products and customers. L'Occitane is a world class company to work for
Very bubbly environment
Lead Client Associate Responsibilities (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2014
Pros: very well known company, nice clients, great fragrances and gratis'
Cons: no healthcare options, low base pay
Very organized company, Very set rules and schematics. Must have a bubbly personality and be willing to talk to clients a lot. Fragrances are all very nice and lots of products are great to use and easy to introduce to clients. Very easy daily quotas to meet and very well known company so very little selling.
Loved it. Loved the brand. Easy to sell.
sales and profit objectives (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 22, 2014
Autonomy as a manager; not overwhelmed with office work. Nice culture. Would not have left but had to relocate and nothing available with company where I moved.

1 2 3

About L'Occitane

Customers who shop at the L'Occitane counter count on high-end cosmetics and other luxuries. L'Occitane (pronounced "lox-ee-tahn") – Read more

L'Occitane Salaries