L'Occitane

L'Occitane United States Employee Reviews

Horrible Company but great products
Store Manager, Grand Central Station (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2013
Pros: good benefits, great products
Cons: poor management, horrible employees
This is the worst retail company I have ever worked for. I worked there as a Store Manager and the upper management were completely unprofessional and unorganized. I had years of retail management coming into this company and just seemed like the DMs and above just did not know what they were doing. Every plan for the stores was made at this last minute and Store Managers were expected to comply with them.

The hardest part of the job was the hours. I worked very long, exhausted hours for little recognition. Positive feedback is not a regular occurrence in this company.

The best part of this job was the products. I do believe in the product and personally use it so it was exciting to sell to customers. Even though I still enjoy the products, unfortunately my experience with L'Occitane has tainted my view on them a bit.
Great products amazing customers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), King Of Prussia,PAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: great products
Cons: no room for advancement
Meeting and engaging with customers is great, product knowledge training is important learned allot about skincare an giving facials,good place to work overall.
NJ Allocation Analyst
Allocation Analyst (Former Employee), Lyndhurst, NJJuly 22, 2013
• Analyze the best performance product form each category based on sell-through and inventory ownership
• Responsible for allocation replenishment in accordance with agreed stock target to 157 stores within the US
• Develop Excel spreadsheet using functions (lookup and Pivot tables) to recommend stores transfers to maximize profitability
Good Opportunities for advancement
International Web Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 18, 2013
Good place to work if you are looking to move up quickly in this industry.
Good place to learn the ropes and good people
Cash Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2013
Pros: free coffee/tea/milk
Good place to learn and grow with very helpful managers. You will learn about your position and anything associated with hands on training immediately.
Excellent company values & products
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OklahomaJune 21, 2013
Very fun place to work. Loved the products of the company. Although it was temporary seasonal work only, it was an experience I will forever cherish.
Fun and informative place to work.
ASSISTANT MANAGER/LEAD ESTHETICIAN (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 7, 2013
Greeting customers and welcoming them into the store like they are a guest at my own home, I find what they came in for and show them an extra thing or two to increase the sale. Working with each customer directly and finding out their specific needs and wants while getting to know them and relate to them on a personal level helps me build a trusting relationship with the customer. I learn new things every day as well as get the chance to educate every customer I meet.
A great place to work
District Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 2, 2013
They are a brand driven to be the best and are always forward thinking. They drive their associates to push the boundaries to the next breakthrough and the next level of success. No day is the same as the last because you are always moving forward.
work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 23, 2013
excellent team work among managers. we all help each-other in anyway we can for daily struggles coaching,merchandising, hiring.
Great Products
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 10, 2013
Pros: free skin care products
Cons: casino hours
I have worked in skin care for many years and this was by far the most fun! I really learned how to take care of my skin in every regard. I was also able to teach my customers and help them find the best products for them. Very high end, so you cater to each customer. There was alot of room for growth whitin this company and they pay well!
Amazing Products/Excellent Pay
Full Time Sales Associate/ Key Holder (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: amazing products
Cons: corporate neglect of the best interests of employees
L'Occitane is something of a tricky company to work for. Should you negotiate a good pay rate for yourself in the beginning (ask for more than you would think to, you might just get it!), you will find yourself well compensated for working a non-commissioned sales associate job. The standards of product knowledge are high, and the level of responsibility that every associate has is higher than one might expect at a job with hourly pay. This is truly boutique retail at it's most personal level. There will be days when your location is understaffed and you will be the only associate working in the store for the entire day. There may be long stretches of time after a transfer, resignation, or firing that you location may be without a manager, and you and your co-workers will be left to run the show with a remote manager "overseeing" your location.

So, if you don't mind busting your butt and being inconvenienced at times in the face of really decent retail pay, then go for it!
Overall, a good place to work
Sales associate (Current Employee), BoutiqueFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: positive company culture, independence and autonomy, great products
Cons: the music.
At L'Occitane you will often be alone on the sales floor. That's great for me personally but some people don't like it. At my store at least, all sales associates are also key holders. This means you will own and close the boutique. The products are high quality and the customers are usually very pleasant to work with. The company is taking initiative to improve its internal promotion program and overall culture. All of that being said, the music will drive you slowly insane. It is an odd combination of technoish muzak, Edith Piaff, and obscure French music from the 1930's. It is the same every day. It will be drilled into your head. You will hum it all the time. It will be in your dreams. So, just take that into consideration.
promote French culture through natural and high quality products
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Madison, wiDecember 29, 2012
Pros: free lunches. good interaction with co-workers
Cons: part time. no benefits. work on sundays.
good management.
good balance between work and life.
high autonomy.
Working with a French Company in America (key word - TRANSITION)
Lead Consumer Marketing Research/ Design Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 17, 2012
Pros: worked around beautiful scents/hair & skin care in a prime location in g'town, d.c
Cons: cutlurual conflict between how business is run in paris vs. u.s.
Under direct supervision of Senior Director of Design/Retail Operations, cross worked functionally with Marketing, Visual, Store Operations, Real Estate & Construction departments to launch retail boutique openings in the northeastern U.S. region. Responsible for the development of key strategic operational plans for commercial design teams & for ensuring that the design initiatives were successfully delivered on schedule within budget, with a high quality outcome reflecting each store brand's image. Conducted comprehensive research into the District of Columbia metropolitan’s consumer market by observing existing product lines & pricing offered, comprising a best potential revenue basis. Secured & managed a team of non-contract educators to ensure store designers, planners & coordinators adhered to company branding design and specifications criteria. Captured team member internal/external work schedules & individual progress in order to meet assigned turn over dates & quality standards. Administered in-store education; new product launches; business building & refresher courses. Created loyalty of brands through increased sales, education & the “in-boutique” presence. Developed strong relationships within local business community, product distributors, customers & personnel by maintaining ethical relationships with current and new suppliers.
Great Place to be if you love cosmetics
Store Manager & Collaborated (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2012
Pros: free makeup
I learned everything you could need to know in regards to skin care, hair care, cosmetics application and fragrance.
The team was so fun to work with, there is alot of energy in the store.
The best part of the job is the gratis!!
Company takes advantage of employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2012
Pros: 40% discount
Cons: too many to count
Unless you're in a flagship, you're by yourself in the store for an average of 1-6 hours a day. No security whatsoever. Company pushes you to essentially bother customers until they tell you to stop. Very inconsistant with employees salary and promotions. They make promises they don't keep. Part-time sales associates are taken advantage of and receive no benefits. Poor amount of gratis and trainings. Approximately $30 of gratis a month if you're lucky. No motivation to do your job well. Very high turnover rate. Very low percentage of happy employees.
L'Occitane en Provence is a high end French cosmetic and perfume store.
Sales Associate Part Time Evenings (Current Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 27, 2012
Pros: great product and merchandising
Cons: irregular days of work and hours
We meet and greet customers, answer skin care concerns and demonstrations of product. Sales and meeting our sales quota is mandatory. It is a fun place to work and we meet with very interesting clients. Our policies are to make each customer welcomed to a unique L'Occitane expirence. Closer tallies out profits, closes out register, deposits and prepares store for morning shift. Opener will gather information from day before into daily work log. All sales associates are key holders.
We have a great team spirit and work well together. We have team leadership and great communication between co-workers. The hardest thing about the job is standing on your feet all day.
Friendly and harmoneous environment
Key Holder Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 11, 2012
I love the work culture of this job. Very easy and laid back and the products are great as well.
Intimate job with an emphasis on job culture
Key Holder Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 4, 2012
Pros: job gratis and bonus!
Cons: small staff and small raises
One of the best places that I have ever worked. L'Occitane is a company that strives to ensure that their employees are happy on the job. Customers love the products and love that, we the employees, are just as passionate about them. The team that we currently have worked together to creat such a calming and efficient job environment. I love going to work.
Creative workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 16, 2012
Great workplace to learn organic cosmetic products. The company is very emphasized on product training. Professional work place, friendly coworkers.

About L'Occitane

Customers who shop at the L'Occitane counter count on high-end cosmetics and other luxuries. L'Occitane (pronounced "lox-ee-tahn") – Read more

L'Occitane Salaries