L'Occitane Employee Reviews

Store manager for 3 yearss
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Ny/njApril 20, 2017
The company was not bad. I had 5 DM In almost three years only one good one that I can remember but they did a mass let go in corporate and picked favorites. Company is working hard to help make the company better but store still closing and very hard to move forward. Favorites is the best word to use for this company when it comes to advancement . I enjoyed my time working in my location but with limited hours we worked full 8 hours no break and no support. They asked for training of staff but you had part timers who had no real guidance and were asked to do manager like work. Training for these part timers was few and they really had to be die hard loccitane fans to want to stay. I was lucky enough to have a great staff but as soon as I left the company the whole staff left. District manager made it impossible for them to stay. Very sad.
Pros
Gratis and discount
Cons
No breaks no support, always placing blame, never willing to listen to much turn over in head office and managerment
Love the Product not the Place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 18, 2017
I do love the product, but my location was not as busy as some locations
I helped to maintain the store, restock products, etc, when on the floor - assisted customers, provided information, sampling, hand massages, and rang up the products.
I occasionally locked up at the end of the night.
Pros
Wonderful products!
Cons
Frequently working alone - making it difficult to navigate personal needs, and/or needing to go to the stock area.
Sales Associate and Keyholder (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTApril 15, 2017
Who doesn't love their products, and with a 50% discount for employees and good management, how can you go wrong. I have very fond memories working here.
Pros
Discount, management
Cons
Weekends and holiday work
Beautiful
Sales Associate/Trainer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 5, 2017
These stores are small and intimate. The product works and is amazing. They go above and beyond to make you feel wanted and needed. Just working there had no stress what so ever
Pros
the products are amazing, the fragrances are lovely
Nice atmosphere
Sales / Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLApril 3, 2017
I enjoyed working and helping customers become aware of our product. Most importantly, seeing them love the product and coming back for more.

The place where I was located was less than two miles from their outlet store which I felt didn't help the boutique any. The retail store was much slower than the outlet probably because they are very close in vicinity.
Pros
Nice Atmosphere and Customers
Cons
Low Traffic
Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMarch 15, 2017
A cozy retail story in the heart of Beverly Hills. Lots of great clientele and promotions. Enjoyed learning about organic products that came from France and other countries in Europe.
dont ever work here
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 13, 2017
horrible. I would never work for this company again. they are all about sales and could careless about their employees. plus you don't get commission on any of the products that you sale.
Fun and fast paced
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Management is great and there is a lot of room for growth and development. Work life balance is minimal. Bonus are easy to obtain.
Great expereince/ wonderful people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2017
A typical day at work includes selling and ringing up customers.
Working here you do have the responsibility of opening and closing the store, so it's a great learning experience. It is more of a Key Holder position than just a regular sales associate.
Honestly, the environment is so friendly and everyone works together very well. I can't say enough great things about the management. Jennifer taught me so much and was always willing to work with me. The most enjoyable part is working with everyone and having a group of people who love what they do.
The hardest part of this job is the hours and working by yourself for long periods of time. Hours change from week to week, so one week you might work 25 hours or more and the next week you have 10 hours. The store is small and there is not a need for a large staff, which means that it is harder to get your shift covered if you need time off.
Pros
friendly environment, great co-workers, reasonable pay
Cons
change of hours from week to week, trying to get your shift covered
Good place to work but less benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2017
Good place to work but less benefits. Environment is nice and people helpful. Great opportunity to grow in your career.
Great work/life balance
Assistant Marketing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TaiwanJanuary 15, 2017
Room for growth and learn
Good working environment with friendly co-workers
Compensation could be better
easy access to top management level
Nice Job
Skin Care Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2017
Great job for about five years tops. I would say focus on your career while working at L'Occitane, I was able to experience life as a skin care specialist and focus on my career it went great.
Pros
New Oppertunity
Cons
Short-Term
Greatest retail job I had
Merchandising Captain/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ 85254December 28, 2016
This was a great company to work for because we were all like a little L'Occitane family. The job trained me in all aspects of running a store and successful business because they instilled so much trust in their employees to be able to run the business correctly. My co-workers and the customers who come in are almost always friendly and they allow you to really speak towards the product and let you show them new things. The hardest part of the job at first was opening and closing the store by yourself. You had to set the day up and crank out all the numbers but once you get it down it is not bad at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people and the work environment that you get to enjoy.
Pros
Free campaign product every month
Great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 22, 2016
Great work staff and great products making it a easy sell. Always fun little parties with promotions. Great job advancements. Trips to france for the best store in district.
Pros
Facials, great products
Cons
co-worker very nice and friendly
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYDecember 5, 2016
To receive customer's advice, understand customer needs and achieve sales.
Responsible for the sales record, inventory, account checking and other work.
To complete the shelves of goods placed on display, replenishment, loss prevention and other daily business.
Best skin care products
Sales (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILSeptember 29, 2016
I was a sales associate for a great French company, they have excellent good quality products for everyone. I learned how to sell the products
Pros
discounts
Cons
Friendly working atmosphere with people who truly care about their customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX 77380September 24, 2016
I am always excited to go into work each day due to the family oriented atmosphere and friendly coworkers. I have learn an immense amount of information about skincare and beauty products as well as what works for each individual based on their skin. Management has been amazing as well with Managers and District manager who are very kind and care about each employee. The hardest part about the job is the down time when client do not walk through the door. During this time I organize the product and expand my knowledge about each product by researching the ingredients and scents. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I adore French culture and it is a French Skincare company. I am surrounded by the french language everyday. There is something about the french culture that is calming and relaxing to me therefore going to work is a calming and relaxing experience.
Pros
A wonderful discount
Cons
No enough hours to distribute
Great Store to work in
Sales Associate, Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 6, 2016
Retail Associate sales position, key holder. Love the products, nice clientele, Customers come in stressed and leave relaxed and refreshed. Typical work environment, for retail work but overall an easy job. We work as a team, great manager.
Pros
gratis and generous product discount
Cons
can be stressful when business is slow, typical retail stress
A great place to gain experience and move on
Full Time Sales Associate / Key Holder (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2016
This company experienced a great deal of growing pains while I worked there. New boutiques opening all over NYC, without the proper amount of staff to cover the existing ones. Promotional materials and product shipments often arrived late, or packaged illogically. Sales goals were also incredibly unrealistic.

The company's culture at the time was occasionally abusive, with little regard for the physical and mental well being of its staff members. We were forced to have boutique doors open in the dead of winter with no heat curtains installed. There are executives at this company who are some of the most superficial and underhanded people you will ever meet. If staff members advocated for themselves they were labeled a troublemaker and forced out the door - which is what I experienced.

There are some positive things about working for this company - a nice discount and occasional gratis on high quality products. Their L&D program is also terrific and you will learn a lot about skincare and fragrance while you're there. I also had a great relationship with several of my coworkers, who were all bright and had a lot of talent to bring to the table. It's a good company to cut your teeth in the beauty industry and then get out before you get dragged down in the non-stop verbena scented drama.
Pros
gratis, employee discount, good training programs
Cons
negative culture, unrealistic expectations
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CA 91210July 5, 2016
Working as a Sales Associate was the best experience I've ever had. Because I got to actually interact with Client's and talk to them and show them what our company had to offer for them. I loved my coworkers even though I was seasonal, my coworkers were the best and that's where I learned most of customer service skills. They were always so helpful and so nice anything I needed help or had questions they were by my side explaining everything step by step for me. I never had a hard time working here, I just truly enjoyed the company and my coworkers and of course my favorite client's that would always come back happier than ever with my help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Occitane. Our community is ready to answer.