L'Oréal

L'Oréal Employee Reviews

Fast paced place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aurora, ILAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Gratis, heath care, vision and dental benefits.
Cons: Opened 363 days a year.
A typical day at work consisted of opening the store, preparing and delivering bank deposit. Greeting customers. Achieving sales goal. Closing the store. My co-workers were very easy to work with and taught – more... me the "go getter" mentality. The management there was caring, helpful and creative. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced environment, the store is located in an outlet mall and there were always tour busses. I enjoyed staying busy very much. The hardest part was the parking situation on the weekends and holiday season. It was very hectic. – less
Fun place to work
Kiehl's Customer Representative (Current Employee), NY, NYAugust 24, 2015
Pros: L'Oreal covered the cost for its employees to frequent a physical fitness facility.
The atmosphere working for a L'Oreal company can be a wonderful thing with the right team. I worked with such a team and every day was a day in which we were happy to be working together. Our product was – more... a good product- it worked, customers loved it, and better still the company gave back to the community via making donations to AIDS research and children's charities every year.

Management turnover was high, however. That wasn't always a good thing. – less
Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Somerset, NJAugust 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Fun place to work for , the company did lots of activities with the employees, picnics ,parties . great benefits Great co-workers , supportive management. when ever we when above the production goal they rewarded us with free lunch.
n/a
assembler (Former Employee), Solon, OHAugust 18, 2015
assembly work, a lot of team work. hands on experience with working with people. money management and customer service skills are gained. very exciting environment.
Think twice
Chemist but laterial move changed that (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Maternity Leave
Cons: Young unskilled management
You may get hired for one task on paper but better believe your task will be altered and these are known as lateral moves. If you're salary you have a flexible schedule (in a way), but if you're hourly – more... well your schedule is very ridged. If you like to working lunches and being on call 24/7 then you have found your right fit. It once was the right fit but training became very few and far between and the environment extremely hostile. I'm not saying this won't be the right fit for you but think twice. – less
Some Pros and Cons
Group Leader (Current Employee), Clark, NJJuly 30, 2015
Pros: 401K, Pension, Community Service, Free Goods
Cons: Long hours, projects changing constantly and management/chemist leave too frequently
Nice to see projects in the end and how they work out

Spend most of the day reading emails, problem solving, conducting stabilities, managing two reports and managing projects from EU, Hispanic, US and Asian zones.
Learned how to deal with various personalities in customer service environment
Fragrance Vendor (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJuly 28, 2015
 Build rapport with customers in order to better assist with their needs
 Communicate product promotions and events to staff
 Plan and implement strategies to surpass sales quotas
 Organize product as well as work area
 Train new employees, inform them of company policies/protocols
As the company I worked for (Decleor-Carita US) had only just been purchased (less than a year), I had limited time to base my true opinion.
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Free quarterly products, Summer hours, 401K, bonus possibilities.
Cons: Long daily commute
During our transition into L'Oreal's world, our new co-workers were a pleasure to work with, and eager to get us on board as quickly as possible. Training was always available; and their positive attention – more... to our needs was always met with constant encouragement.

As I learned more about their systems, and my Customers growth started to grow, I had hopes the business would significantly increase.

Unfortunately, L'Oreal realized Decleor-Carita would be better supported in all aspects of business from Ohio instead of Connecticut which eliminated my department. – less
Innovative and Passionate
Associate Principal Scientist (Current Employee), Clark, NjJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Innovative
Cons: No Process
The company believes in science.
It is all about passion and innovation.
Very friendly co-workers and great benefits.
Company focuses on continual improvment to be socially responsible
Account Specialist (Current Employee), Township of South Brunswick, NJJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Discounted lunch, company store
Cons: Working from home is frown upon
Everyday is different
Learned no doesn't really mean no
Co workers are awesome
Longer hours than expected
Co workers are awesome
Great Place
R&I Analytical Chemist Laboratory (Contract) (Former Employee), Clark, NJJuly 13, 2015
Some very wonderful people, easy to find someone to bounce ideas off of, plenty of work, weather an experiment worked of not something was learned.
Demanding work environment with great people.
Packaging Engineer (Current Employee), Clark, NJJuly 7, 2015
Pros: work from home twice a month and benefits
Cons: stressful
I have great co-workers. We are able to work from home twice a month. I work on a lot of projects and tend to work late after hours to keep up. Work is stressful the majority of the time and very demanding.
Professional environment
Regulatory Services Assistant - Contractor (Former Employee), Clark, NJJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Professional environment, good work is rewarded
Cons: Pay was low; however, I consistently received annual pay increases
As a long term contractor (six years), my experience with L'Oreal USA was positive and productive. My contribution to the team was always recognized and rewarded with annual pay increases. Staff were knowledgeable, friendly, and dedicated.
Great
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2015
Great place to work. Wonderful people and great benefits. Management is keen on developing you for your next position.
Director of Finance
Director of Finance (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2015
Accomplished financial professional with a broad range of experience in multiple industries including non-profit, consumer products, health care and consulting. Experienced in financial modeling and bridging analytics for strategy with teams and senior management.
loreal- maybelline
cake press operator (Former Employee), loanoke arkJune 19, 2015
Pros: we got to shop in the store and as a temp we had many opportunities as much as the normal staff
Cons: prejudice
The company has a very high turnover rate due to the staff and management not adapting to the changes in the company and seeing them as a asset and not a deficit. The management team was difficult because – more... they let lead employees do what they had been doing that was incorrect, and continue throught. When it was repeated or caught up by the next staff, they have major problems and created a difficult atmosphere for the employee to work and prejudice is a major factor in this as well. People are and should be paid according to their ability and not treated with a special privilege according to their color and gender. – less
Its Ok
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Montebello, CAJune 15, 2015
very informal environment. no training. pay is very low compared to other employees. very unstable hours and schedule. always work holidays.
Great company and brands! Work life balance can be a challenge due to company culture
Sales (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJJune 15, 2015
Pros: Summer Friday Hours
Long hours/ working nights often due to administrative duties (lack of resources) and fast paced environment with not enough lead time from management to often complete large scale projects.
Nice place to work
Accountant (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJJune 12, 2015
It's a good place to work and interact with great people. The work life/balance is nice, but advancement in my department is scarce.
GOOD JOB
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJune 7, 2015
this job would keep you working. barley any time to get a good break to go get something to eat. the break was only 30 minutes and there were no stores around to buy anything to eat.
Revenue