L'Oréal

L'Oréal Employer Reviews

My day at L'oreal
Order Processing (Former Employee), Hialeah FlFebruary 25, 2015
I did order pickup,, worked with FORKLIFT, made sure labels and quality control was correct and ready for shipping. took care or priority packages.
Great benefits
Key Account Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2015
Great company; division I worked for was very small. We had issues others may have not experienced. Overall great place to work!
L'Oreal is great...The Body Shop, not so much
MANAGER, TALENT MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee), Wake Forest, NCFebruary 17, 2015
L'Oreal is a great place to work, with advancing employee's careers being a focal point. The Body Shop's business strategy is not in line with L'Oreal.
Excellent place to work
ETNEHS Intern (Former Employee), N Little Rock, ARFebruary 17, 2015
Their rotational program is exceptional and an all around great place to work. Company is extremely dedicated to treating their employees well.
Great experience and job culture.
Lab technician (Former Employee), Clark, NJFebruary 11, 2015
I really enjoyed the employees and management.
This was a great overall experience. This company gave me the inspiration to make better.
Great people inside of a company that required high performance
IDC E-Commerce Administrative Program (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great product testing
Cons: long days, high stress
I was able to learn a lot about the corporate culture in this role at L'oreal. A typical day goes from around 8:30 until 6:30. They are very willing to show you the ropes but once you are taught you are expected to perform at a very high rate. The hardest part was the disconnect between the various teams. The easiest part was gaining friendships with colleagues and being introduced to a great challenge in my first full-time role.
Forcasting and Budgeting Department
Financial analyst (Former Employee), Park Ave NYCFebruary 8, 2015
My responsibility as a Financial Analyst in L'Oreal corporation forecasting and Budgeting Finance Team on a day to day Operation is to retrieve financial documentation from Business Objects and Convert the Documents into a pivot Table format analyzing and interpreting Actual vs. Budget Comparison. For an example, I would compare the prior year's Budget to the Present Year's Budget comparison of retained Earnings of How much of the earnings is utilized in a particular area such as Favorable and Adverse Analysis. The sectors are Direct Materials, Direct Labor, Materials, And Vendor Invoices of Merchandise bought and Sold. After all of the information gathered and converted into a pivot table format I would prepare a particular Line and bar graph of explanation of how Much budget is remaining in relation to the deviation between Net Income and Revenue.

The reason for constructing a Pivot Table is to save Time and Effort for Financial Manager, instead of the manager skimming through workbook to workbook of thousands of documents to be approved. Also we would undergoes a excel test of various formulas such as V-lookups, Sum-if's, and macros to find solutions to our assumptions.

For Example, as an analyst I had to find out each regions total sales for the month and the total Sales Managers total output on a given criteria. If a criteria of >=$50,000 is given, then I would perform a V-lookup Analysis to retrieve all Sale Managers equivalent to the criteria of each Region such as WEST, East, Southeast, North East, South west, And North West. Finally perform a sum-if Formula to find the total managers output of $50,000.

A total number of 6 members were involved in a group discussion in the Finance Treasury Team. We would give our perspective on a particular exception or verification that came along a discussion. As an analyst I would give my perspective on my thoughts and mindset.
Tough place to work but upside could be great
Finance (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Tough place to work but upside could be great. Smart, energetic and passionate co-workers.

Lots of potential for movement within company.
Super fun job.
Vendor/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Sac, CaFebruary 3, 2015
I love working for L'Oreal, I get to meet new people and it's a ton of fun. The only downside would be having to work weekends, but that's just the business. Hands down, best side job anyone could ask for.
n/a
Administrative Assistance / Internship (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
internship
work was great
people was great
employee discounts great
commute great
Productive and very easy going environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Solon, OHJanuary 25, 2015
Working at L'Oreal was a very fun job. My co-workers was very upbeat and personable. When strapped with a task I was giving great directions and always meet or exceeded the task that was giving to me on a daily basis.
Really appreciate all that I learned at L'Oreal.
Production Supervisor - Cell Leader (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: talented management team. spent the money required to improve productivity.
Cons: all work, no life.
Very pleased with all that I learned at L'Oreal. 14 hour work days were not fun as this did not leave any time for a personal life. Management was good but were result driven. Co-workers were amazing as it felt as if they were family. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with all the expectations upper management had of their Cell Leaders. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom we had to explore new ways to improve and apply these to our processes. The sharing of best practices was a common thing at L'Oreal.
Excellent professional Company
L'Oreal Sales and Educational Coordinator (LSEC) (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 16, 2015
The education and training provided was second to none. Enjoyed working with professionals with a strong passion for the industry.
Great Place to work if you enjoy a retail environment
Area Sales and Training Manager Vichy & LaRoche (Current Employee), New York, NyJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great employee discount
Cons: long hours
It was a great place to work if you enjoy a retail environment. Retail hours are long and hard but can be very enjoyable and satisfying. Ulta had great benefits and tons of room for advancement. The management techniques they employed sometimes were not always the most motivating, but overall a great work experience.
Productive and innovative workplace
Chemist, Research (Former Employee), JPCJanuary 2, 2015
It is an energetic workplace.
Colleges are such great people, who are talented and very supportive.
Unprofessional Managers
Sales associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, inDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free products, great customers
Cons: manager
Has the potential of being a great job, but they hire uneducated & unprofessional managers that take advantage of good part time employees. Managers put their work off on others then take credit, make promised not kept and expect you to do things they never would. Sad, because east washington street store has great customers and the products are fun to sell.
Great company to work for.
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee), Commerce, CADecember 30, 2014
easy work, friendly customers. management in great. good benefits but only if u are full time employee.
Fun Workplace
DIGITAL MARKETING New York NY (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 25, 2014
Best cosmetic company to work for. Fast paced working environment with lot of projects being launched at the same time work life balance was best in this company I have ever seen before.
CSR
CSR (Current Employee), RichfieldNovember 23, 2014
Pros: beauty industry is exciting
Cons: the rest of the b.s. involved
Old computer systems to work with.
Low starting wage.
Management expected alot from employees.
Back-biting cliques, everyone was afraid to be real.
I'd rather go back to high school.
Very Productive
Senior Project (Former Employee), Franklin, NJNovember 5, 2014
This job experience was just a senior project that was a year long project. My group did not visit the facility every day, we went to the facility on an average of once a week. The management was Amazing. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see a different facility and how it operates.

1 2 3 4 5

About L'Oréal

L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products. Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with – Read more