L'Oréal

L'Oréal Employer Reviews

Productive and very easy going environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Solon, OHJanuary 25, 2015
Working at L'Oreal was a very fun job. My co-workers was very upbeat and personable. When strapped with a task I was giving great directions and always meet or exceeded the task that was giving to me on a daily basis.
Really appreciate all that I learned at L'Oreal.
Production Supervisor - Cell Leader (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: talented management team. spent the money required to improve productivity.
Cons: all work, no life.
Very pleased with all that I learned at L'Oreal. 14 hour work days were not fun as this did not leave any time for a personal life. Management was good but were result driven. Co-workers were amazing as it felt as if they were family. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with all the expectations upper management had of their Cell Leaders. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom we had to explore new ways to improve and apply these to our processes. The sharing of best practices was a common thing at L'Oreal.
Excellent professional Company
L'Oreal Sales and Educational Coordinator (LSEC) (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 16, 2015
The education and training provided was second to none. Enjoyed working with professionals with a strong passion for the industry.
Great Place to work if you enjoy a retail environment
Area Sales and Training Manager Vichy & LaRoche (Current Employee), New York, NyJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great employee discount
Cons: long hours
It was a great place to work if you enjoy a retail environment. Retail hours are long and hard but can be very enjoyable and satisfying. Ulta had great benefits and tons of room for advancement. The management techniques they employed sometimes were not always the most motivating, but overall a great work experience.
Productive and innovative workplace
Chemist, Research (Former Employee), JPCJanuary 2, 2015
It is an energetic workplace.
Colleges are such great people, who are talented and very supportive.
Unprofessional Managers
Sales associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, inDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free products, great customers
Cons: manager
Has the potential of being a great job, but they hire uneducated & unprofessional managers that take advantage of good part time employees. Managers put their work off on others then take credit, make promised not kept and expect you to do things they never would. Sad, because east washington street store has great customers and the products are fun to sell.
Great company to work for.
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee), Commerce, CADecember 30, 2014
easy work, friendly customers. management in great. good benefits but only if u are full time employee.
Fun Workplace
DIGITAL MARKETING New York NY (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 25, 2014
Best cosmetic company to work for. Fast paced working environment with lot of projects being launched at the same time work life balance was best in this company I have ever seen before.
CSR
CSR (Current Employee), RichfieldNovember 23, 2014
Pros: beauty industry is exciting
Cons: the rest of the b.s. involved
Old computer systems to work with.
Low starting wage.
Management expected alot from employees.
Back-biting cliques, everyone was afraid to be real.
I'd rather go back to high school.
Very Productive
Senior Project (Former Employee), Franklin, NJNovember 5, 2014
This job experience was just a senior project that was a year long project. My group did not visit the facility every day, we went to the facility on an average of once a week. The management was Amazing. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see a different facility and how it operates.
Good company and nice AE
Freelance Fragrance Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Flushing, NYNovember 4, 2014
Enjoyed meeting and helping people on a daily basis. Co-workers were nice but working in a department store was not the best.
Great experience with challenge in an international background
IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Paris and Shanghai and New JerseyNovember 1, 2014
This is my first job after graduation. L’Oréal chose me because considering all the technical competencies, they found that I spoke the best English and French among the Chinese and I spoke the best Chinese among the English and the French.

I started by learning SAP R3 and APO. I was a fast learner thanks to my former ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) experience in Dannon and Chanel. In addition, I spent a lot of time in bookstores and did a lot of research to enrich my knowledge on SAP. I adapted myself to the French way of working and very soon got along really well with others. 3 months later, I began to work on deploying two L’Oréal Chinese factories with SAP solutions. One is in Yichang and the other in Suzhou. Since they were using X3 during 10 years and had hardly heard of SAP, my colleagues and I did a lot of preparation work including understanding their local needs, analyzing the differences between their daily practices with technical functionalities, coming up with new ideas, presenting new solutions in order to help them go through this difficult period of transformation. I remember the day when I took the plane at 1pm in Paris and arrived 5am in Shanghai, I went straight to the hotel and launched myself to work during 36 hours. I remember during 6 months arguing with SAP for a defect and asking for a satisfying solution. I remember having 3 hours meeting translating Chinese to English, English to French and French to Chinese make sure that everyone was on the same page. Today, as a result of our great efforts and commitments, both Yichang and Suzhou are working – more... well with SAP R3 and APO.

Now I’m managing the EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) project, which will facilitate the information exchange between L’Oréal US factories and suppliers. Any mistake in one piece of information (quantity, date, address, etc.) can cause huge loss to the company. Therefore, this project requires someone who is expert, thorough and careful. I also need to switch between France and the US every 1-3 months, thanks to which I become more interested in American culture and decide to look for a job in the US.

I really appreciate the opportunities of working in an international company and being involved in and managing international projects. – less
Great company
Manager of Supply Chain & Demand Planning (Current Employee), Culver City, CAOctober 21, 2014
Great company to work for. Coworkers are a pleasure to work with and there are so many resources to take advantage of.
Slow pace
Process Engineer (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: slow
Cons: rewards employees well
The "Don't offend employees" culture deters forward progress and innovation.
Very busy workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), South Brunswick New JerseySeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free product every month
Cons: longdays
I would drive a forklift.I put stockaway and picked orders.I loaded and unloaded orders.I worked alot of overtime.
I liked the whole process from start to finish.
Zone Leader (Former Employee), Largo, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: free pizza
Cons: long hours. we worked until the job was completed.
I did like my job. I was in a warehouse in Florida without air-conditioning. Surprisingly a lot of the people there liked the heat.
I was lucky that I was in the Nail Room(as in fingernail polish) and the room was air-conditioned.
It was a good time. Most of the people got along. No major hassles.
We looked forward to pizza every Friday.
My favorite part was the sales we had . Any damaged hair product,
make-up, spa treatment,hair dye went into a bag sale.
We happily paid 5.00 for a grocery bag!
Productive and amazing atomsphere
Accounting Department (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJSeptember 8, 2014
Keep you thinking of new ideas... Enjoyable place to work and the employees are amazing!!
Fast-paced environment with a strong work culture
Inventory Management Intern (Current Employee), Cranbury, NJAugust 29, 2014
Pros: free goods from company stores
I have been able to learn many skills that can be beneficial when job searching. I was able to apply what I learned in class to what I do at this internship. L'Oreal is a difficult company to gain full-time employment. They expect you to be confident during interviews and they look for those that can be somewhat aggressive in nature. The culture here embraces healthy conflict and how you can resolve those conflicts. I would say adapting to this culture as I try to find a job has been the most difficult.
I have been able to make many connections in this company. I really enjoy working with my coworkers and I do look forward to coming to work every day.
Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee), solon, ohioAugust 19, 2014
Monitoring a machine with hair products. Working with people was the easy part of the job. Management was always fair. My co workers were great. The company shutt down that was my hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself.
A very fun workplace
Face Designer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: very competitive
A very solid company which rewards your talent. I introduced our products to new customers and made shure they always came back for more, As to management very ethical and professional. My co workers at the time were family unfortunately we all move on. My favorite part of my jobs was to make every client leave with higher expectations.

1 2 3 4 5

About L'Oréal

L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products. Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with – Read more