L'Oréal Employee Reviews

Its was ok
Shipping Assistant-Job Store (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYApril 10, 2017
Love the job, but the only thing i didn't like was the fact that they do not hire anyone unless you have been there for years...My boss was a temp. But besides that, good work environment!
Creative and Driven Place To Work
Senior Manager, Brand Communications (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 10, 2017
L'Oreal is a fast paced, driven, and challenging work environment. It's the type of place where you build a career vs. just getting up and going to a job everyday.
Temporary
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 5, 2017
Treated everyone good. Temporaries though were seemingly just brought in to spike production levels with no real opportunity for placement. Good temporary job if that's what you're looking for, but seemingly pointless if you're looking for a career.
Pros
friendly
Unfriendly
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJApril 4, 2017
They have no work life balance. They feel the employees should know everything on day 1. The employees should have more patient and create more training programs or improve the training they have.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Not friendly
BEWARE: Super Tough and Toxic Work Environment
Global Social Media Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2017
A classic work environment with lots of finger-pointing and too many meetings. Very long work hours. Work-life balance is very hard.

Experience greatly depends on which brand you are on and who your manager is. You will learn a great deal though!
Pros
good pay, lots of learning experience
Cons
toxic work culture, long hours, executives over-work lower level
Great place to work.
Kérastase Trade Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mexico cityMarch 20, 2017
This has been the best job I've ever had. I had the opportunity to work with very talented people. If I hadn't move to Houston, I would have never left my job.
Pros
Great discounts on the products, and great environment.
Fun people
Regulatory Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 18, 2017
I love the people in the company! Very fun environment to work :) I learned a lot of regulatory experiences, company values, product portfolio. The most challenging thing is how to multitask multiple projects at the same time.
Great
Senior Copywriter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2017
This was a great place to work as a Copywriter (and Proofreader) for over 7 years. L'Oreal is a leader in beauty, and the people were collaborative and innovative.
Fun place to work but have to do a lot of work
PICKER/PACKER (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJMarch 13, 2017
Day start at the assembly line where you have to put beauty products in their containers and put them aside. Learned teamwork skills. Lunch breaks were the best, everyone sit together and talk about their day at work.
great place to work
Warehouse Replenishment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 8, 2017
this is a place were everyone wants to be, people are well taken care of. salary is great and overtime is even better. lots of work and never get bored.
L'Oreal is a great company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 7, 2017
8hr day. True training. Management lead by example.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with difficult customers.
Most enjoyable part were my coworkers
Pros
Gratis
great company
Fragrance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2017
great company to work for , full benefits and insurance

this company focuses on having work life balance , week schedule consists of 50 to 60 hours weekly.
Productive and fun workplace
Research and Innovation Intern, Patents Group (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJMarch 6, 2017
As an intern, L'Oreal showed me several aspects of their R&I Center. I learned how the labs worked and produced novel products. I was also allowed to tour the pilot plant which was exciting.
great place to start a career
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2017
people are passionate about beauty and products here. Lots of meetings with management and many steps necessary to obtain approval to move forward with ideas- which makes it hard to grow fast in a market where many other brands are small and nimble. There is no work-life balance and depending on the team opportunities for development past manager level can be challenging. Good place to start career
Pros
discounted products, big network
Cons
long hours, takes very long for programs to be approved/executed
Good Job
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, IAFebruary 27, 2017
The company sends you to a 3 day long seminar with all expenses paid. At the seminar, you learn about the main lancome products and how to sell them. Sales goals need to be met on a daily basis, and it is important to understand how to cross sale in order to bump sales and meet goal. Building relationships with customers is fun.
Pros
Fun, easy
Cons
cant think of any
Fast paced and demanding work
Packaging Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJFebruary 25, 2017
Great company if you can work there. People usually work more than 8h a day. Very demanding. Good benefits and room to grow. Besides that managers do care for your developing skills and carrier path.
The best part about this job was the packing part!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHFebruary 23, 2017
Days was nice at L'Oreal. I worked 10 Hours a day for 7 days a week sometimes on Saturday! Work was not hard a bit... I really enjoyed that job. Was kind of upset when work was over!
Cons
At the work place we can break anytime we wanted!
The most enjoyable job I've ever had.
Retail Selling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 23, 2017
Most enjoyable job I have ever had. Selling a product I loved and believed in in an upscale and upbeat enviroment. Met different people from all walks of life, catered to their fragrance needs, and built relationships with many to have the repeat clientel needed in the industry
Great energy
Consultant marketing and innovation (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
great energy and very inspirational for people who love challenge and being challenged. It was my case clearly. Great room for inspiration and being involved in latest innovation and technological developments
Engaging, Fun, Artistic
Multi-Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIFebruary 14, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my position at SalonCentric and was able to grow personally and professionally during my employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oréal. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval