L'Oréal Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Kiehl's Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  NY, NYAugust 24, 2015
The atmosphere working for a L'Oreal company can be a wonderful thing with the right team. I worked with such a team and every day was a day in which we were happy to be working together. Our product was a good product- it worked, customers loved it, and better still the company gave back to the community via making donations to AIDS research and children's charities every year.

Management turnover was high, however. That wasn't always a good thing.
Pros
L'Oreal covered the cost for its employees to frequent a physical fitness facility.
productive and fun as beauty consultant in ever bilena
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  philippinesNovember 25, 2015
i got more knowledge during office days,having fun in my coordinators and staffs,recieving my monthly target incentives.
Pros
reinbursment transportation
Cons
incentives
You get to try out new products
beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  TacomaAugust 25, 2015
Lancomè has some nice products, I didn't feel comfortable selling everything, because I did not believe in all of the products. The atmosphere is okay, it's not always about empowering women it's about making your sales goal and recommending more products to make your sales goal. I met some incredible customers who were duped into believing Lancomè products were number one, when most people just purchase items when the they had gift going on. If you work for Lancomè be prepared to sell even when your being natural with a customer, be prepared for long hours, giving up every weekend, wearing all black, being around all women who mostly gossip. I will say I love my Hynose Drama mascara that is a product I can't live without!!!!
Pros
Doing your makeup at work
Cons
short breaks, long hours, so so training
Think twice
Chemist but laterial move changed that (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 10, 2015
You may get hired for one task on paper but better believe your task will be altered and these are known as lateral moves. If you're salary you have a flexible schedule (in a way), but if you're hourly well your schedule is very ridged. If you like to working lunches and being on call 24/7 then you have found your right fit. It once was the right fit but training became very few and far between and the environment extremely hostile. I'm not saying this won't be the right fit for you but think twice.
Pros
Maternity Leave
Cons
Young unskilled management
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAOctober 21, 2015
I really enjoyed my time there. The managers were awesome and the co-workers. It was a great feeling putting smiles on customer's faces and having a healthy working bond with the people I worked for.
Pros
Communication
Great place to work at.
Administrative Assistant II - Office of the VP (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJOctober 20, 2015
The hardest part of the job was trying to please everyone and knowing that you have to set your priorities and have to tell people that you are one person.
Pros
Learning from everyone
Cons
Long hours and weekends
Sub-Distributor Collection Specialist
Receivable Specialist-Sub Distributors (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FlOctober 12, 2015
Monitor all 157 accounts for potential problems and be pro active as to secure companies financials. Interact with customers regarding credit disputes and back charges
Cons
Not much work
As the company I worked for (Decleor-Carita US) had only just been purchased (less than a year), I had limited time to base my true opinion.
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 20, 2015
During our transition into L'Oreal's world, our new co-workers were a pleasure to work with, and eager to get us on board as quickly as possible. Training was always available; and their positive attention to our needs was always met with constant encouragement.

As I learned more about their systems, and my Customers growth started to grow, I had hopes the business would significantly increase.

Unfortunately, L'Oreal realized Decleor-Carita would be better supported in all aspects of business from Ohio instead of Connecticut which eliminated my department.
Pros
Free quarterly products, Summer hours, 401K, bonus possibilities.
Cons
Long daily commute
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant - Beauty Adviser (Former Employee) –  LisbonOctober 21, 2015
Working for YSL was a very gratifying experience in a way that taught a lot about communication and sales, and how to be a good spokesperson for a brand.
Pros
Contact with clients
Cons
Early shifts
Learned how to deal with various personalities in customer service environment
Fragrance Vendor (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 28, 2015
 Build rapport with customers in order to better assist with their needs
 Communicate product promotions and events to staff
 Plan and implement strategies to surpass sales quotas
 Organize product as well as work area
 Train new employees, inform them of company policies/protocols
Some Pros and Cons
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJJuly 30, 2015
Nice to see projects in the end and how they work out

Spend most of the day reading emails, problem solving, conducting stabilities, managing two reports and managing projects from EU, Hispanic, US and Asian zones.
Pros
401K, Pension, Community Service, Free Goods
Cons
Long hours, projects changing constantly and management/chemist leave too frequently
Professional environment
Regulatory Services Assistant - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJJuly 7, 2015
As a long term contractor (six years), my experience with L'Oreal USA was positive and productive. My contribution to the team was always recognized and rewarded with annual pay increases. Staff were knowledgeable, friendly, and dedicated.
Pros
Professional environment, good work is rewarded
Cons
Pay was low; however, I consistently received annual pay increases
Fast Paced always something new
Equipment Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 26, 2015
Over all good place to work, great learning experience. There is always something new to explore, and a good team to help with challenges.
Really nice work environment
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJOctober 22, 2015
Fun work place with supportive mangement. Loreal has great perks. They have in house company store where all the emplyoee gets 50% off on their products.
loreal- maybelline
cake press operator (Former Employee) –  loanoke arkJune 19, 2015
The company has a very high turnover rate due to the staff and management not adapting to the changes in the company and seeing them as a asset and not a deficit. The management team was difficult because they let lead employees do what they had been doing that was incorrect, and continue throught. When it was repeated or caught up by the next staff, they have major problems and created a difficult atmosphere for the employee to work and prejudice is a major factor in this as well. People are and should be paid according to their ability and not treated with a special privilege according to their color and gender.
Pros
we got to shop in the store and as a temp we had many opportunities as much as the normal staff
Cons
prejudice
Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 21, 2015
Fun place to work for , the company did lots of activities with the employees, picnics ,parties . great benefits Great co-workers , supportive management. when ever we when above the production goal they rewarded us with free lunch.
Pros
free lunch
Process Expert
Process Expert (Former Employee) –  Franklin Township, NJSeptember 22, 2015
Good opportunity to gain experience in developing consumer goods for a well known company. Business processes however are underesourced and little room for professional development.
Fun to meet people.
Beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  North carolinaAugust 22, 2015
Upper levels unorganized,, poor training, stressful. Poor support from management. Must work holidays. A lot of phone calling back to back, hunting down women in store to try product, which most women dislike.
Pros
Free product
Cons
Good place to work, very corporate environment
Co-op at Manhattan corporate headquarters (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2015
I enjoyed working here. Very fast paced, was rarely bored. However, the volume of work in Development is enormous, and a few of the people can be a little cutthroat at times. That said, this is a rarity, as almost everyone will go out of their way to help you.
Pros
Very good pay for a co-op; commuting stipend; great networking opporutnity
Cons
VERY fast paced, need good multitasking and time management skills
Good company
Cell Manager (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 25, 2015
L'Oreal is a giant company. Overall the company is good and will take care of you financially but you need to be careful of balancing your work/life. If you're good, you have nothing to worry about, but L'Oreal is quick to find new talent and not great about retaining people internally. L'Oreal is cutting edge, fast, and won't let anything stand in their way of being #1.
Pros
Number 1 beauty company in the world, you'll learn a ton here
Cons
Work/life balance is tricky