L'Oréal Employee Reviews in United States

Company focuses on continual improvment to be socially responsible
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJJuly 15, 2015
Everyday is different
Learned no doesn't really mean no
Co workers are awesome
Longer hours than expected
Co workers are awesome
Pros
Discounted lunch, company store
Cons
Working from home is frown upon
Great Place
R&I Analytical Chemist Laboratory (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJJuly 13, 2015
Some very wonderful people, easy to find someone to bounce ideas off of, plenty of work, weather an experiment worked of not something was learned.
Demanding work environment with great people.
Packaging Engineer (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJJuly 7, 2015
I have great co-workers. We are able to work from home twice a month. I work on a lot of projects and tend to work late after hours to keep up. Work is stressful the majority of the time and very demanding.
Pros
work from home twice a month and benefits
Cons
stressful
Professional environment
Regulatory Services Assistant - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJJuly 7, 2015
As a long term contractor (six years), my experience with L'Oreal USA was positive and productive. My contribution to the team was always recognized and rewarded with annual pay increases. Staff were knowledgeable, friendly, and dedicated.
Pros
Professional environment, good work is rewarded
Cons
Pay was low; however, I consistently received annual pay increases
Great
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2015
Great place to work. Wonderful people and great benefits. Management is keen on developing you for your next position.
loreal- maybelline
cake press operator (Former Employee) –  loanoke arkJune 19, 2015
The company has a very high turnover rate due to the staff and management not adapting to the changes in the company and seeing them as a asset and not a deficit. The management team was difficult because they let lead employees do what they had been doing that was incorrect, and continue throught. When it was repeated or caught up by the next staff, they have major problems and created a difficult atmosphere for the employee to work and prejudice is a major factor in this as well. People are and should be paid according to their ability and not treated with a special privilege according to their color and gender.
Pros
we got to shop in the store and as a temp we had many opportunities as much as the normal staff
Cons
prejudice
Its Ok
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJune 15, 2015
very informal environment. no training. pay is very low compared to other employees. very unstable hours and schedule. always work holidays.
Great company and brands! Work life balance can be a challenge due to company culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJJune 15, 2015
Long hours/ working nights often due to administrative duties (lack of resources) and fast paced environment with not enough lead time from management to often complete large scale projects.
Pros
Summer Friday Hours
Nice place to work
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJJune 12, 2015
It's a good place to work and interact with great people. The work life/balance is nice, but advancement in my department is scarce.
Good job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 7, 2015
this job would keep you working. barley any time to get a good break to go get something to eat. the break was only 30 minutes and there were no stores around to buy anything to eat.

Want to know more about L'Oréal?

Ask a question
Good place to work, very corporate environment
Co-op at Manhattan corporate headquarters (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2015
I enjoyed working here. Very fast paced, was rarely bored. However, the volume of work in Development is enormous, and a few of the people can be a little cutthroat at times. That said, this is a rarity, as almost everyone will go out of their way to help you.
Pros
Very good pay for a co-op; commuting stipend; great networking opporutnity
Cons
VERY fast paced, need good multitasking and time management skills
Good company
Cell Manager (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 25, 2015
L'Oreal is a giant company. Overall the company is good and will take care of you financially but you need to be careful of balancing your work/life. If you're good, you have nothing to worry about, but L'Oreal is quick to find new talent and not great about retaining people internally. L'Oreal is cutting edge, fast, and won't let anything stand in their way of being #1.
Pros
Number 1 beauty company in the world, you'll learn a ton here
Cons
Work/life balance is tricky
While very demanding place to work, the people are the best in the business
Senior Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJMay 14, 2015
Even though I left L'Oreal to persue an option at Coty, I will always be grateful for my experiences. The people that I have worked with are amazing.
Pros
Team work and comradery
Cons
Lots of late hours
warehouse associate
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMay 7, 2015
i worked on a machine line and i detail produced coming off the line. i enjoyed working with my other associate and i learned a lot on how to fix machine and how to work at a fast pace off the machine line .
fun, but lacks management
Skin Care Expert (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2015
fun, but lacks management, i really wished corporate would over look their managers more often and make sure they are training their staff correctly
BBB does not offer competitive salaries and is a very difficult place to get promoted.
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJApril 30, 2015
BBB has a mixture of talented and entry level people. They do a great job of managing their money which is why the stock has performed so well. They don't have many activities for the employees or perks like other companies do. They do however offer employee discounts and you would be part of a fast paced, dynamic environment. You would definitely enhance your skil-sets.
Pros
Amazing job security
Cons
Salary is not competitive and raises are not good
Good colleagues- management direction can be variable
Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJApril 27, 2015
The immediate team was a wonderful group with whom to interact on a daily basis, as were many teams in the satellite locations. A downside is the group's upper management direction can be variable or non-existent. A plan for a department's future needs to be outlined by the VP and AVP.
Pros
good colleagues; nice facility
Cons
lack of long term vision in several areas
Good job
Brand Rep (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 21, 2015
Good atmosphere and get to meet and work with different beauty advisors and other skincare brand reps. we all exchange ideas and always something new to learn
Pros
free products and samples
Cons
Good place to work to gain experience and knowledge.
o Manager: Packaging/Engineering (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 17, 2015
I think L'Oreal is a great place to work to learn the business and gain valuable knowledge. You get to learn and are given the chance to create your future. I started out as a basic mechanic and worked my way up to management.
Pros
Free goods given away to employees. Good vacation program, Good benefits.
Cons
High expectations, long hours, stressful environment.
best in the company
Redken Events & Shows Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2015
The division I worked in was the best in the company.

L'Oreal offers their employees great benefits.

My co-workers were my 2nd family.

It was tough to maintain an equal work/life balance. I was always working; checking emails when at home, on weekends etc.

I gained a lot of experience in my time with L'Oreal and was given the opportunity to travel often.