L'Oréal

L'Oréal Employee Reviews

fun, but lacks management
Skin Care Expert (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2015
fun, but lacks management, i really wished corporate would over look their managers more often and make sure they are training their staff correctly
BBB does not offer competitive salaries and is a very difficult place to get promoted.
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJApril 30, 2015
BBB has a mixture of talented and entry level people. They do a great job of managing their money which is why the stock has performed so well. They don't have many activities for the employees or perks like other companies do. They do however offer employee discounts and you would be part of a fast paced, dynamic environment. You would definitely enhance your skil-sets.
Pros
Amazing job security
Cons
Salary is not competitive and raises are not good
Good colleagues- management direction can be variable
Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJApril 27, 2015
The immediate team was a wonderful group with whom to interact on a daily basis, as were many teams in the satellite locations. A downside is the group's upper management direction can be variable or non-existent. A plan for a department's future needs to be outlined by the VP and AVP.
Pros
good colleagues; nice facility
Cons
lack of long term vision in several areas
Good job
Brand Rep (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 21, 2015
Good atmosphere and get to meet and work with different beauty advisors and other skincare brand reps. we all exchange ideas and always something new to learn
Pros
free products and samples
Cons
Good place to work to gain experience and knowledge.
o Manager: Packaging/Engineering (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 17, 2015
I think L'Oreal is a great place to work to learn the business and gain valuable knowledge. You get to learn and are given the chance to create your future. I started out as a basic mechanic and worked my way up to management.
Pros
Free goods given away to employees. Good vacation program, Good benefits.
Cons
High expectations, long hours, stressful environment.
best in the company
Redken Events & Shows Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2015
The division I worked in was the best in the company.

L'Oreal offers their employees great benefits.

My co-workers were my 2nd family.

It was tough to maintain an equal work/life balance. I was always working; checking emails when at home, on weekends etc.

I gained a lot of experience in my time with L'Oreal and was given the opportunity to travel often.
Fun company to work for
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 7, 2015
Typical day would be answering high volume calls.
Typing and entering sku's using 10 key.
Management was always helpful in any situation.
Everyone I worked with was wonderful and always helpful
The hardest part of the job was learning 10 key
The most enjoyable was working with some of my closest friends.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No health care
fast running lines towmotor work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHApril 4, 2015
L'Oreal was the best job I ever had. I learned to get along with people cause at the end of the we were a team. The hardest thing part of my job was nothing
Pros
good pay and vacation
Cons
moving to different jobs
Favorite job
SPECIAL EVENTS ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2015
By far the best job I ever had. It's a girls dream come true to work at L'Oreal. I loved what I did and the people I worked with. My last position required a lot of traveling which was amazing. I was able to visit many states and meet great people.
Good company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ny, NYMarch 30, 2015
Tough but a good place to work in. Management isnt the best in some cases but some leaders are seasoned and value their employees. Great products and love the french culture
Fun, fast paced, and competitive work environment with little work life balance.
Planner/Manager (Macy's National Account) (Current Employee) –  New YorkMarch 27, 2015
L'Oreal is a great company to work for if you enjoy a dynamic, fast paced work environment that is extremely competitive. There are extremely smart individuals that come from various backgrounds but all have a passion for the beauty industry. There are many perks as you get discounts in the company store as well as a monthly stipend for free goods! The only downside to working for L'Oreal is that there is very little work life balance.
productive workplace boxing L'Oreal products
line leader (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMarch 26, 2015
Hardest part of the job was training new hires and temporary people from other agencies, but well worth the credit out of doing so.
Pros
great co-workers, and vending machines
Cons
short lunch breaks, and standing on feet all day
Dream job!
Mechanical/ Electrical Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMarch 18, 2015
The company was absolutely amazing to work for. Very safety oriented. The pay wasn't the greatest, but the security and benefits were.
Pros
cleanliness of the facility was outstanding.
Cons
the company moved to kentucky.
Very people friendly
Process Operator, Machine Operator, Receiver (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMarch 9, 2015
Meetings before shifts to pass notes. The most enjoyable was completing the job in a timely manner. Working as a team to accomplish the job.
Pros
medical benefits, vacations and people friendly
Cons
late notice on weekend work
great place for opportunity and growth
Management Development Program (MDP) - The MDP (Current Employee) –  ny, nyMarch 8, 2015
You are given a lot of opportunities to grow through the company. You can create your own career by being as diverse as or as simple as you want.
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 5, 2015
Part-time job that required a bit of heavy lifting, but the perks made it worth it. Though I did not receive health insurance, paid time off, or 401k participation (it was part time after all), I did receive a lot of products as part of my job. I learned a lot about inventory and out-of-stock management, and a typical day included going into retail stores and stocking shelves, returning product to the manufacturer, and ordering out-of-stocks and low-stock items. I would work for this company again if given the opportunity. However, I would like to work full-time as opposed to part-time.
Pros
good hours, received a lot of merchandise on top of hourly pay
Cons
no health insurance
For the Innovative, Fantastic Company
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2015
L'Oreal USA is a haven & an energy force for the innovative, creative and big picture thinkers. A fantastic place to work - great people, beautiful products, globally renown and a company that forges it's own path. If you are comfortable ambuquity and the freedom to craft the processes and ways of working that will make you & your team successful, there's no better place. World class benefits, constantly growing, tremendous room for advancement & mobility...I've been here for eight years and there's no other company in the world like L'Oreal. I love it.
Pros
work life balance, benefits, products, people, energy, culture, diversity & inclusion
Cons
not a rigid process oriented company - if that's what makes you happy, l'oreal is not for you
My day at L'oreal
Order Processing (Former Employee) –  Hialeah FlFebruary 25, 2015
I did order pickup,, worked with FORKLIFT, made sure labels and quality control was correct and ready for shipping. took care or priority packages.
Great benefits
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2015
Great company; division I worked for was very small. We had issues others may have not experienced. Overall great place to work!
L'Oreal is great...The Body Shop, not so much
MANAGER, TALENT MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCFebruary 17, 2015
L'Oreal is a great place to work, with advancing employee's careers being a focal point. The Body Shop's business strategy is not in line with L'Oreal.