L'Oréal Employee Reviews

Engaging, Fun, Artistic
Multi-Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIFebruary 14, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my position at SalonCentric and was able to grow personally and professionally during my employment.
Great benefits
Chemist Helper / Processor (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 10, 2017
This is a 40 hour work week. Great store discounts. Can advance. Learn new trades: forklift, safety, computer, inventory. Management is very strict. Great products.
Pros
employee store
Cons
not very family oriented
Not bad
Makeup Artist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 10, 2017
I loved helping people every day. i learned how to color match and a lot about formulas. the hardest part of the job is keeping it clean. and what i enjoyed the most was getting surveys with our names on it.
Pros
free makeup, gratis, retirement plan
Cons
scheduling, not enough hours, not enough positive attitudes.
Great company with many opportunities
Southeastl Sales & Training Executive Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgia, ALFebruary 7, 2017
Clarisonic/Loreal is an amazing company with many opportunities to grow and develop. Outside territory sales managers promote the use and benefits of Clarisonic along with expanding the market share for the territory. Provide daily training and education courses for accounts.
Learn, and lots of fun
o Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Company Benefits were great !!!

Management- Okay

overall, a great Company...

Learn

Job load, Great

People, Great...

Job Security, okay

Cared about you and your Family!!
good Job and fun
Store Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJanuary 26, 2017
The Position is great but the culture and the way they treat you is questionable. The customers are not nice and they will always be right so you cant defend yourself.
Good people
Director, Creative Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
A lot of good opportunity to work with different brands. The team members are all team players. Long work hours. Great benefits. Good company store.
Fun environment to work in!
Fragrance Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2017
Greet the public and interact selling fragrances by Loreal. Great job if you like working with the public and within the stores and representing both sides.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stand all day, work every weekend, part time only, seasonal
Great company to work with
Freelance Sales (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2017
They offer flexibility and good opportunities, but they are only freelance, which is good because I can do it at times when Im not scheduled with my full time job, but it also means no stability.
Pros
Flexibility, good pay
Cons
Not stable
Very nice employees and fun activities
Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 16, 2017
Job itself was boring, not much work to do. Very nice employees and fun activities. You really get to know the other employees and I got to see how a manufacturing plant works firsthand. However, it is a French company, so have to follow many rules/procedures that sometime seem excessive.
Pros
Occasional free, activities (free baseball game), free scratch and dent
Cons
Not much to do in my department
Accounts Payable
Accounts payable/reconciliation specialist (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJJanuary 13, 2017
Learning the exposure of a new system SAP, Management is a very good to work under. Learning new tasks day by day. The most enjoyable part of the job that I got to leave at 415 PM!
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Short Breaks
Strong brand, good quality, best seller brand
Beauty Advisor/part timer (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaJanuary 11, 2017
I learn a lot about the brand and also productivity , focusing hiting promotion and personal target with very exciting incentives from company .
Pros
Free launches
Great place to work if you like warehouse setting.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 11, 2017
Go place to try to get hired on if your work is up to par with what is going on that day,and not play at work.it is a good company
Pros
great place to work.
Cons
too much drama and gossip.
Great company, just depends what plant you work at.
Packaging Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 7, 2017
Great pay for the entire team, training was well developed and encouraged teamwork. Great cafeteria and company had several discounts to big name brands. Co-workers were some of the most educated and professional I have ever worked with.
Pros
Training, Pay
Cons
Lack of parts needed to fix machines, poor PM scheduling
excellent company to work for
Quality Assurance Chemist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2017
great family like work atmosphere. Small laboratory supported large plant. Learned a lot from senior chemists, who were always willing to give support
Pros
free products
Great Place to get your feet wet
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJDecember 19, 2016
I started at L'Oreal and it was a great opportunity to experience the corporate environment. I found the management and training was not the best. Not enough people to help with transitioning into the new role.
Life at Loreal
Market supply logistics (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJDecember 19, 2016
Very good company with a lot of benefits, and they give away a lot of extra incentives just for working their. The only thing that i did like was the pay raise was not fair. If the pay raise was better then that would help.
Freedom to utilize my artistic talents
Freelance makeup artist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2016
Each day is a new beginning with the ability to touch someones life and help them to feel better about how they look. Sincerity goes very far and this job allows me to connect on a very personal level. I am allowed to really execute my skills in any way to meet the necessary goals required. The management is some of the BEST in the industry and truly care about their employees!
Pros
Free to work the hours I'm available and use my artistic license
Cons
FT is not guaranteed as a Freelance artist
Productive and a good work environment.
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2016
Well taught environment, good people to work for and work with. Working in a clean environment, and the staff is awesome at teaching what needs to be learned.
Cons
Empowering women with product knowledge and proper use of products
Counter Manager (Fmr. Sales Associate) (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXDecember 2, 2016
Working for Lancôme has been a learning experience. Product knowledge is the key to success. Empowering women by listening to their concerns.

I had the opportunity to grow in this field and to set expectations of myself. Year to year obtain a higher sales goal than the year before. Constantly knowing I need to improve my numbers from the previous years. Working a counter with only 1 part time worker for only 1 year out of 4 years when other counters had 4+ people to meet sales goals. A typical day is always following up with each client. Informing her of new products and upcoming store events.

The hardest part of the job is going through 3 gifts per year, each lasting 3 weeks. Planned store events with gift weeks and goals for store events as well.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that customers shop the associate. Gaining new clients through empowerment and building confidence. Always be ready to surprise her by remembering her name and delight by give service she may not expect.
Pros
Sampling and receiving most new products
Cons
3 to 4 events per years, 3 to 4 planned store events as well.