L'Oréal Employee Reviews

Great place for go-getters
Manager - Organizational Development & Training (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2012
Perfect place to work if you have proactive personality, are not afraid to express and defend your ideas. Their training offer is very good, especially for marketing and leadership development. Need to improve with talent management.
Pros
dynamic culture where one can realize his/her potential
Cons
highly political and being eloquent often times more important than performance
Learn Something New Everyday
Advertising & Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2013
I worked with very dynamic and creative people. I was immersed in the hair care and hair color industry and learned so much about marketing and advertising these products and services.

A typical day involved scheduling and customer service. The environment was laid back, but professional, because we worked out a of a training salon.
Pros
interesting, energetic people
Cons
hectic schedules
Professional Administrative Support/Accounting Analyst
Administrative Assistant/Credits/debit (Current Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHDecember 19, 2012
Administrative support professional offering versatile office management skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Strong planner and problem solver who readily adapts to change, work independently and exceeds expectations. Able to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight dealines without compromising quality.
Unprofessional Managers
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, inDecember 30, 2014
Has the potential of being a great job, but they hire uneducated & unprofessional managers that take advantage of good part time employees. Managers put their work off on others then take credit, make promised not kept and expect you to do things they never would. Sad, because east washington street store has great customers and the products are fun to sell.
Pros
free products, great customers
Cons
manager
Fun brand with opportunity to work with fashion and retail
Purchasing Assistant & Compliance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 7, 2013
Inventory monitoring, compliance updates, stock replenishment, marketing catalog editing, administrative duties, MSDS sheets, researching vendor and chemical composition properties, based on the FDOT and federal guidelines.
Pros
staff, close to home, nice environment
Cons
no opportunity for advancement even with additional training
A nice Place to work with great benefits.
machine operator, Quality, lead (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 10, 2014
Working for this organization is one of the best experience, that i had . They offered great benefits that include many additional perks. I learned to become very competitive when it came to the quality of shampoo and conditioner. We were responsible for the characteristics of any items that leave that leave that warehouse.
Pros
health care, free product
Cons
short breaks
Productive and great environment company.
Returns Processor/Order Pick & Packer (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 21, 2014
A typical day at my job was processing return product, picking and packing order, scanning, and shipping orders. I learned how to work with Business Flow to scan and ship orders to the customers. The management was great overall, always working with employees to make sure we where alright. My co-workers where all fun to work with, very educated and cultural.
Good place to work to gain experience and knowledge.
o Manager: Packaging/Engineering (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 17, 2015
I think L'Oreal is a great place to work to learn the business and gain valuable knowledge. You get to learn and are given the chance to create your future. I started out as a basic mechanic and worked my way up to management.
Pros
Free goods given away to employees. Good vacation program, Good benefits.
Cons
High expectations, long hours, stressful environment.
Excellent position for sales and management
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2015
My first position when I graduated from college. I gained invaluable experience in sales and territory management. A company car was provided as extensive car travel was required. I was at 75% travel and was required to fly to different locations throughout the country.
Pros
Company car and potential for sales and management experience
Cons
Too much travel by air and car
Professional environment
Regulatory Services Assistant - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJJuly 7, 2015
As a long term contractor (six years), my experience with L'Oreal USA was positive and productive. My contribution to the team was always recognized and rewarded with annual pay increases. Staff were knowledgeable, friendly, and dedicated.
Pros
Professional environment, good work is rewarded
Cons
Pay was low; however, I consistently received annual pay increases
Good colleagues- management direction can be variable
Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJApril 27, 2015
The immediate team was a wonderful group with whom to interact on a daily basis, as were many teams in the satellite locations. A downside is the group's upper management direction can be variable or non-existent. A plan for a department's future needs to be outlined by the VP and AVP.
Pros
good colleagues; nice facility
Cons
lack of long term vision in several areas
The BEST COMPANY TO HAVE WORKED FOR!
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  DFWJanuary 27, 2012
Having worked at L'Oreal USA for 21+ years, I can truly say, "They are truly Worth It". The people are fantastic, the products the very finest available for the price, and the benefits are incredible. Early on advancement came easily for qualified employees. I rose from a contract type employee to P/T, then F/T. With very fair pay increases!
Pros
people
Cons
lay, off, excellent, people
Changing direction all the time!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2012
Working with the Specialty Brands side of L'Oreal truely challenged on's ability to go with the flow. new strategies and objectives were constant as the brands within the Specialty Umbrella strived to find and maintain their identities as well as develop and maintain new systems for retailing.
Pros
flexible and open to change.
Cons
new systems and ideas not always good.
A very fun workplace
Face Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
A very solid company which rewards your talent. I introduced our products to new customers and made shure they always came back for more, As to management very ethical and professional. My co workers at the time were family unfortunately we all move on. My favorite part of my jobs was to make every client leave with higher expectations.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
very competitive
It's a good company for a young candidates who want to learn and move on in 2 yrs.
art director (Former Employee) –  new yorkFebruary 18, 2013
Bussy day.
Time management skills.
Management i same as any other company of that size in that industry. What is written and what is in practice are two differnet realities.
If you are dealing with beauty and retail and have a passion it is a good environment.
Pros
overwhelming work load with little support staff
best in the company
Redken Events & Shows Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2015
The division I worked in was the best in the company.

L'Oreal offers their employees great benefits.

My co-workers were my 2nd family.

It was tough to maintain an equal work/life balance. I was always working; checking emails when at home, on weekends etc.

I gained a lot of experience in my time with L'Oreal and was given the opportunity to travel often.
Fast pace, ever changing environment
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJApril 18, 2012
I work as a production supervisor on the manufacturing floor. The best and most challenging part of the job is leading the people. This holds especially true as the plant is on its way to closing at the end of the year. The management team work very well together and keep things light with humor, but can be very stressful at times.
Learned how to deal with various personalities in customer service environment
Fragrance Vendor (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 28, 2015
 Build rapport with customers in order to better assist with their needs
 Communicate product promotions and events to staff
 Plan and implement strategies to surpass sales quotas
 Organize product as well as work area
 Train new employees, inform them of company policies/protocols
Some Pros and Cons
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJJuly 30, 2015
Nice to see projects in the end and how they work out

Spend most of the day reading emails, problem solving, conducting stabilities, managing two reports and managing projects from EU, Hispanic, US and Asian zones.
Pros
401K, Pension, Community Service, Free Goods
Cons
Long hours, projects changing constantly and management/chemist leave too frequently
Fun company to work for
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 7, 2015
Typical day would be answering high volume calls.
Typing and entering sku's using 10 key.
Management was always helpful in any situation.
Everyone I worked with was wonderful and always helpful
The hardest part of the job was learning 10 key
The most enjoyable was working with some of my closest friends.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No health care