L'Oréal Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Research and Innovation Intern, Patents Group (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJMarch 6, 2017
As an intern, L'Oreal showed me several aspects of their R&I Center. I learned how the labs worked and produced novel products. I was also allowed to tour the pilot plant which was exciting.
great place to start a career
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2017
people are passionate about beauty and products here. Lots of meetings with management and many steps necessary to obtain approval to move forward with ideas- which makes it hard to grow fast in a market where many other brands are small and nimble. There is no work-life balance and depending on the team opportunities for development past manager level can be challenging. Good place to start career
Pros
discounted products, big network
Cons
long hours, takes very long for programs to be approved/executed
Good Job
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, IAFebruary 27, 2017
The company sends you to a 3 day long seminar with all expenses paid. At the seminar, you learn about the main lancome products and how to sell them. Sales goals need to be met on a daily basis, and it is important to understand how to cross sale in order to bump sales and meet goal. Building relationships with customers is fun.
Pros
Fun, easy
Cons
cant think of any
Fast paced and demanding work
Packaging Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJFebruary 25, 2017
Great company if you can work there. People usually work more than 8h a day. Very demanding. Good benefits and room to grow. Besides that managers do care for your developing skills and carrier path.
The best part about this job was the packing part!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHFebruary 23, 2017
Days was nice at L'Oreal. I worked 10 Hours a day for 7 days a week sometimes on Saturday! Work was not hard a bit... I really enjoyed that job. Was kind of upset when work was over!
Cons
At the work place we can break anytime we wanted!
The most enjoyable job I've ever had.
Retail Selling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 23, 2017
Most enjoyable job I have ever had. Selling a product I loved and believed in in an upscale and upbeat enviroment. Met different people from all walks of life, catered to their fragrance needs, and built relationships with many to have the repeat clientel needed in the industry
Great energy
Consultant marketing and innovation (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
great energy and very inspirational for people who love challenge and being challenged. It was my case clearly. Great room for inspiration and being involved in latest innovation and technological developments
Engaging, Fun, Artistic
Multi-Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIFebruary 14, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my position at SalonCentric and was able to grow personally and professionally during my employment.
Great benefits
Chemist Helper / Processor (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 10, 2017
This is a 40 hour work week. Great store discounts. Can advance. Learn new trades: forklift, safety, computer, inventory. Management is very strict. Great products.
Pros
employee store
Cons
not very family oriented
Not bad
Makeup Artist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 10, 2017
I loved helping people every day. i learned how to color match and a lot about formulas. the hardest part of the job is keeping it clean. and what i enjoyed the most was getting surveys with our names on it.
Pros
free makeup, gratis, retirement plan
Cons
scheduling, not enough hours, not enough positive attitudes.
Great company with many opportunities
Southeastl Sales & Training Executive Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgia, ALFebruary 7, 2017
Clarisonic/Loreal is an amazing company with many opportunities to grow and develop. Outside territory sales managers promote the use and benefits of Clarisonic along with expanding the market share for the territory. Provide daily training and education courses for accounts.
Learn, and lots of fun
o Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Company Benefits were great !!!

Management- Okay

overall, a great Company...

Learn

Job load, Great

People, Great...

Job Security, okay

Cared about you and your Family!!
good Job and fun
Store Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJanuary 26, 2017
The Position is great but the culture and the way they treat you is questionable. The customers are not nice and they will always be right so you cant defend yourself.
Good people
Director, Creative Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
A lot of good opportunity to work with different brands. The team members are all team players. Long work hours. Great benefits. Good company store.
Fun environment to work in!
Fragrance Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2017
Greet the public and interact selling fragrances by Loreal. Great job if you like working with the public and within the stores and representing both sides.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stand all day, work every weekend, part time only, seasonal
Great company to work with
Freelance Sales (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2017
They offer flexibility and good opportunities, but they are only freelance, which is good because I can do it at times when Im not scheduled with my full time job, but it also means no stability.
Pros
Flexibility, good pay
Cons
Not stable
Very nice employees and fun activities
Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 16, 2017
Job itself was boring, not much work to do. Very nice employees and fun activities. You really get to know the other employees and I got to see how a manufacturing plant works firsthand. However, it is a French company, so have to follow many rules/procedures that sometime seem excessive.
Pros
Occasional free, activities (free baseball game), free scratch and dent
Cons
Not much to do in my department
Accounts Payable
Accounts payable/reconciliation specialist (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJJanuary 13, 2017
Learning the exposure of a new system SAP, Management is a very good to work under. Learning new tasks day by day. The most enjoyable part of the job that I got to leave at 415 PM!
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Short Breaks
Strong brand, good quality, best seller brand
Beauty Advisor/part timer (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaJanuary 11, 2017
I learn a lot about the brand and also productivity , focusing hiting promotion and personal target with very exciting incentives from company .
Pros
Free launches
Great place to work if you like warehouse setting.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 11, 2017
Go place to try to get hired on if your work is up to par with what is going on that day,and not play at work.it is a good company
Pros
great place to work.
Cons
too much drama and gossip.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oréal. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval