L'Oréal Employee Reviews in United States

Fun company to work for
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 7, 2015
Typical day would be answering high volume calls.
Typing and entering sku's using 10 key.
Management was always helpful in any situation.
Everyone I worked with was wonderful and always helpful
The hardest part of the job was learning 10 key
The most enjoyable was working with some of my closest friends.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No health care
fast running lines towmotor work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHApril 4, 2015
L'Oreal was the best job I ever had. I learned to get along with people cause at the end of the we were a team. The hardest thing part of my job was nothing
Pros
good pay and vacation
Cons
moving to different jobs
Favorite job
SPECIAL EVENTS ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2015
By far the best job I ever had. It's a girls dream come true to work at L'Oreal. I loved what I did and the people I worked with. My last position required a lot of traveling which was amazing. I was able to visit many states and meet great people.
Good company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ny, NYMarch 30, 2015
Tough but a good place to work in. Management isnt the best in some cases but some leaders are seasoned and value their employees. Great products and love the french culture
Fun, fast paced, and competitive work environment with little work life balance.
Planner/Manager (Macy's National Account) (Current Employee) –  New YorkMarch 27, 2015
L'Oreal is a great company to work for if you enjoy a dynamic, fast paced work environment that is extremely competitive. There are extremely smart individuals that come from various backgrounds but all have a passion for the beauty industry. There are many perks as you get discounts in the company store as well as a monthly stipend for free goods! The only downside to working for L'Oreal is that there is very little work life balance.
productive workplace boxing L'Oreal products
line leader (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMarch 26, 2015
Hardest part of the job was training new hires and temporary people from other agencies, but well worth the credit out of doing so.
Pros
great co-workers, and vending machines
Cons
short lunch breaks, and standing on feet all day
Dream job!
Mechanical/ Electrical Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMarch 18, 2015
The company was absolutely amazing to work for. Very safety oriented. The pay wasn't the greatest, but the security and benefits were.
Pros
cleanliness of the facility was outstanding.
Cons
the company moved to kentucky.
Fun workplace
MakeUp Artist advisor animator travelling Trade (Former Employee) –  ParisMarch 13, 2015
Awesome experience with L'Oréal !

Advising,sharing my knowledge with customer was the most part of the job and the most enjoyable part .
benefits
Cons
N/A
Very people friendly
Process Operator, Machine Operator, Receiver (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMarch 9, 2015
Meetings before shifts to pass notes. The most enjoyable was completing the job in a timely manner. Working as a team to accomplish the job.
Pros
medical benefits, vacations and people friendly
Cons
late notice on weekend work
great place for opportunity and growth
Management Development Program (MDP) - The MDP (Current Employee) –  ny, nyMarch 8, 2015
You are given a lot of opportunities to grow through the company. You can create your own career by being as diverse as or as simple as you want.
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 5, 2015
Part-time job that required a bit of heavy lifting, but the perks made it worth it. Though I did not receive health insurance, paid time off, or 401k participation (it was part time after all), I did receive a lot of products as part of my job. I learned a lot about inventory and out-of-stock management, and a typical day included going into retail stores and stocking shelves, returning product to the manufacturer, and ordering out-of-stocks and low-stock items. I would work for this company again if given the opportunity. However, I would like to work full-time as opposed to part-time.
Pros
good hours, received a lot of merchandise on top of hourly pay
Cons
no health insurance
For the Innovative, Fantastic Company
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2015
L'Oreal USA is a haven & an energy force for the innovative, creative and big picture thinkers. A fantastic place to work - great people, beautiful products, globally renown and a company that forges it's own path. If you are comfortable ambuquity and the freedom to craft the processes and ways of working that will make you & your team successful, there's no better place. World class benefits, constantly growing, tremendous room for advancement & mobility...I've been here for eight years and there's no other company in the world like L'Oreal. I love it.
Pros
work life balance, benefits, products, people, energy, culture, diversity & inclusion
Cons
not a rigid process oriented company - if that's what makes you happy, l'oreal is not for you
My day at L'oreal
Order Processing (Former Employee) –  Hialeah FlFebruary 25, 2015
I did order pickup,, worked with FORKLIFT, made sure labels and quality control was correct and ready for shipping. took care or priority packages.
Great benefits
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2015
Great company; division I worked for was very small. We had issues others may have not experienced. Overall great place to work!
L'Oreal is great...The Body Shop, not so much
MANAGER, TALENT MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCFebruary 17, 2015
L'Oreal is a great place to work, with advancing employee's careers being a focal point. The Body Shop's business strategy is not in line with L'Oreal.
Excellent place to work
ETNEHS Intern (Former Employee) –  N Little Rock, ARFebruary 17, 2015
Their rotational program is exceptional and an all around great place to work. Company is extremely dedicated to treating their employees well.
Great experience and job culture.
Lab technician (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJFebruary 11, 2015
I really enjoyed the employees and management.
This was a great overall experience. This company gave me the inspiration to make better.
Great people inside of a company that required high performance
IDC E-Commerce Administrative Program (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2015
I was able to learn a lot about the corporate culture in this role at L'oreal. A typical day goes from around 8:30 until 6:30. They are very willing to show you the ropes but once you are taught you are expected to perform at a very high rate. The hardest part was the disconnect between the various teams. The easiest part was gaining friendships with colleagues and being introduced to a great challenge in my first full-time role.
Pros
great product testing
Cons
long days, high stress
Forcasting and Budgeting Department
Financial analyst (Former Employee) –  Park Ave NYCFebruary 8, 2015
My responsibility as a Financial Analyst in L'Oreal corporation forecasting and Budgeting Finance Team on a day to day Operation is to retrieve financial documentation from Business Objects and Convert the Documents into a pivot Table format analyzing and interpreting Actual vs. Budget Comparison. For an example, I would compare the prior year's Budget to the Present Year's Budget comparison of retained Earnings of How much of the earnings is utilized in a particular area such as Favorable and Adverse Analysis. The sectors are Direct Materials, Direct Labor, Materials, And Vendor Invoices of Merchandise bought and Sold. After all of the information gathered and converted into a pivot table format I would prepare a particular Line and bar graph of explanation of how Much budget is remaining in relation to the deviation between Net Income and Revenue.

The reason for constructing a Pivot Table is to save Time and Effort for Financial Manager, instead of the manager skimming through workbook to workbook of thousands of documents to be approved. Also we would undergoes a excel test of various formulas such as V-lookups, Sum-if's, and macros to find solutions to our assumptions.

For Example, as an analyst I had to find out each regions total sales for the month and the total Sales Managers total output on a given criteria. If a criteria of >=$50,000 is given, then I would perform a V-lookup Analysis to retrieve all Sale Managers equivalent to the criteria of each Region such as WEST, East, Southeast, North East, South west, And North West. Finally perform a sum-if Formula to find
  more... the total managers output of $50,000.

A total number of 6 members were involved in a group discussion in the Finance Treasury Team. We would give our perspective on a particular exception or verification that came along a discussion. As an analyst I would give my perspective on my thoughts and mindset.
Tough place to work but upside could be great
Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Tough place to work but upside could be great. Smart, energetic and passionate co-workers.

Lots of potential for movement within company.