L'Oréal Employee Reviews

Very busy workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  South Brunswick New JerseySeptember 15, 2014
I would drive a forklift.I put stockaway and picked orders.I loaded and unloaded orders.I worked alot of overtime.
Pros
free product every month
Cons
longdays
I liked the whole process from start to finish.
Zone Leader (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLSeptember 12, 2014
I did like my job. I was in a warehouse in Florida without air-conditioning. Surprisingly a lot of the people there liked the heat.
I was lucky that I was in the Nail Room(as in fingernail polish) and the room was air-conditioned.
It was a good time. Most of the people got along. No major hassles.
We looked forward to pizza every Friday.
My favorite part was the sales we had . Any damaged hair product,
make-up, spa treatment,hair dye went into a bag sale.
We happily paid 5.00 for a grocery bag!
Pros
free pizza
Cons
long hours. we worked until the job was completed.
Productive and amazing atomsphere
Accounting Department (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJSeptember 8, 2014
Keep you thinking of new ideas... Enjoyable place to work and the employees are amazing!!
Fast-paced environment with a strong work culture
Inventory Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJAugust 29, 2014
I have been able to learn many skills that can be beneficial when job searching. I was able to apply what I learned in class to what I do at this internship. L'Oreal is a difficult company to gain full-time employment. They expect you to be confident during interviews and they look for those that can be somewhat aggressive in nature. The culture here embraces healthy conflict and how you can resolve those conflicts. I would say adapting to this culture as I try to find a job has been the most difficult.
I have been able to make many connections in this company. I really enjoy working with my coworkers and I do look forward to coming to work every day.
Pros
free goods from company stores
Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  solon, ohioAugust 19, 2014
Monitoring a machine with hair products. Working with people was the easy part of the job. Management was always fair. My co workers were great. The company shutt down that was my hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself.
A very fun workplace
Face Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
A very solid company which rewards your talent. I introduced our products to new customers and made shure they always came back for more, As to management very ethical and professional. My co workers at the time were family unfortunately we all move on. My favorite part of my jobs was to make every client leave with higher expectations.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
very competitive
Top company to work for in the Beauty Industry
Director of Retail Operations (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 18, 2014
Number #1 company to work for in the Beauty Industry. Industry leader worldwide as an organization in both the luxury and consumer goods markets.
Very productive, fast-pace environment
Sr. Developer PPD (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2014
I work day in day out in a positive and energetic work environment surrounded by an exemplary blend of talents in the areas of Marketing, R&I, Packaging, Operations, Logistics etc.

I have learned a lot about project management, strategic planning, goal setting, scheduling, analysis, presentation, negotiation, forecasting, resource planning, workflow scheduling, and personnel management.

I have further demonstrated my ability to meet and exceed established goals and manage diverse competing priorities in fast-paced, time sensitive environments.
Pros
summer hours + access to company stores
Cons
tough professional environment
Productive and great environment company.
Returns Processor/Order Pick & Packer (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 21, 2014
A typical day at my job was processing return product, picking and packing order, scanning, and shipping orders. I learned how to work with Business Flow to scan and ship orders to the customers. The management was great overall, always working with employees to make sure we where alright. My co-workers where all fun to work with, very educated and cultural.
great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, NYJuly 15, 2014
sales
high pressure
motivating
great benefits, great people
Pros
great salary and benefits
Cons
retail schedule
A nice Place to work with great benefits.
machine operator, Quality, lead (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 10, 2014
Working for this organization is one of the best experience, that i had . They offered great benefits that include many additional perks. I learned to become very competitive when it came to the quality of shampoo and conditioner. We were responsible for the characteristics of any items that leave that leave that warehouse.
Pros
health care, free product
Cons
short breaks
great
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2014
fast paced environment

great co workers

helpful team

unique culture
Decent place to work
Credit Analyst - Large Distributors (Current Employee) –  Streetsboro, OhioJuly 7, 2014
working a blue collar job, you get treated like you are replaceable. Working white collar job, you are treated better, but still limited as to what you can do in the future.
Management Information System Consultant
Management Information System Consultant (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 3, 2014
• Performed basic computer hardware and software installation and configuration.
• Investigated system problems and provided solutions using specific product knowledge, system utilities, and operating environment.
Building relatioships, fun and challenging
Regional Education Manager (Former Employee) –  NY NYJune 24, 2014
Review Emails, plan and coordinate educational calendars, coaching and facilitating trainings, working on company show and events with distributors.
I managed 30 subcontractors in the education team.
Helping business and Educators to reach to the next level and provide superior services to clientele and stage work.

Challenging when traveling long hours.
Cons
long traveling hours
your always busy
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJune 19, 2014
loreal was an normal factory job going in as an temp can be a little over the top with the last minute call ins and call off but all together I made a good living with the job while it lasted
Pros
beneifits
Cons
last minute call offs
Fun and ethical work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 11, 2014
Great company ethics! As a vegan I stand behind The Body Shop!
Pros
schedule flexibility
Not a good place to work.
Sales (Former Employee) –  New HampshireMay 29, 2014
When I was hired I was promised a good amount of hours per week. Then when I actually got my hours, it was much less then I was promised that I had to look for another job. The pay was very low and the job is equal to a janitor, lifting,unloading truck,stocking shelves, dusting, sweeping and cleaning bathrooms. This job did not train me well with the cash registers and products. The training on the products was up front on the computer standing while customers needed cashed out or needed assistance. The people I worked with where not helpful so it made it difficult to do my job correctly. The management was not helpful at all. The review consisted of a conference call with the district manager with the manager sitting next to me which made it uncomfortable to discuss anything. This was not an enjoyable job by far the hours were not enough to survive on and you will never get a raise (I was told by mgmt.) and the hours would never pick up. I regret ever accepting to work here!
Pros
good discount on products.
Cons
not a good job to survive on! poor management!
Excellent place to work
Manager, Sales Promotion (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2014
L'Oreal was an excellent company to work for with many perks
Great company to work for
SALES PLANNING & PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2014
Excellent benefit, this company really cares about its employees
Pros
great company
Cons
loved it!