L'Oréal Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work with
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJAugust 20, 2013
Fine corporation to work for. The management is fantastic and they have overall good benefits
Process Expert
Process Expert (Former Employee) –  Franklin Township, NJSeptember 22, 2015
Good opportunity to gain experience in developing consumer goods for a well known company. Business processes however are underesourced and little room for professional development.
Good place to work, very corporate environment
Co-op at Manhattan corporate headquarters (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2015
I enjoyed working here. Very fast paced, was rarely bored. However, the volume of work in Development is enormous, and a few of the people can be a little cutthroat at times. That said, this is a rarity, as almost everyone will go out of their way to help you.
Pros
Very good pay for a co-op; commuting stipend; great networking opporutnity
Cons
VERY fast paced, need good multitasking and time management skills
n/a
assembler (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 18, 2015
assembly work, a lot of team work. hands on experience with working with people. money management and customer service skills are gained. very exciting environment.
Good secure work setting, close friendly employees.
Chemical Processor (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJAugust 19, 2013
A typical day at work:
I go to my locker put away my belongings and change into the proper clothing. then proceed to my work area; where I would check the work load and find my scheduled batches for the day/my scheduled hours. I would proceed to complete/make those batches that I was assigned. At times I would be required to attend meetings with my staff and management.

What you learned:
I learned how to work with different machines, kettles, mills, mixers and was retrained to use a hi-lo.

Management:
They are very helpful and someone is always available .

Your co-workers:
Very good workers and helpful with advice if needed.

The hardest part of the job:
At first was getting used to the long hours but I soon became accustomed/familiar with them.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
Thursday payday it made all worth while.
Pros
free break periods with pay
Cons
short breaks because they were free
great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, NYJuly 15, 2014
sales
high pressure
motivating
great benefits, great people
Pros
great salary and benefits
Cons
retail schedule
Supply Chain Opportunities
Replenishment/Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJanuary 14, 2015
• Monitor and anticipate the rate of sale for each type of product offered in 127 Canadian stores
• Maintain key metrics in store replenishment system for 800+ skus, such as P.Q., min/max, replenishment frequency and fixture details in order to hit agreed in-store availability targets
• Maintain and update store assortment profiles and store P.Q,’s in store replenishment system
• Add promotional and calendar uplifts to store replenishment system as needed to ensure inventory is available on shelf to support forecasted sales
• Determine and process store allocation quantities bi-monthly for lines not on auto replenishment
• Coordinate with Zone transport team to ensure that store deliveries are received on-time, in-full and in most convenient manner
International Reach
Account Exec (Current Employee) –  West CoastJune 25, 2013
Vast global reach; multiple brands; fragrance and beauty; presenting, training, manage staff and grow business
benefits
Cons
na
Great company to work for.
HR Analyst - (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJOctober 2, 2013
This is a terrific company to work for. The benefits are great.
Highly demanding environment
Industrial Quality Chemist (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJNovember 8, 2013
A typical day of work is exhausting when working with high manufacturing demands there is never any downtime. I have effectively learned to multitask and prioritize every aspect of my job. Management is very supportive there is so much going on in a 24/7 facility that we are extremely independent. I thoroughly enjoy everyone that i work with at L'Oreal i know that we will stay in touch for the rest of our lives. The hardest part of the job is time management squeezing 12 hours of work into and 8 hour day. The most enjoyable part of the job are the company events like volunteer day where we get to venture out and give back to the community.
Pros
company excursions
Cons
minimal advancement opportunities
Really appreciate all that I learned at L'Oreal.
Production Supervisor - Cell Leader (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Very pleased with all that I learned at L'Oreal. 14 hour work days were not fun as this did not leave any time for a personal life. Management was good but were result driven. Co-workers were amazing as it felt as if they were family. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with all the expectations upper management had of their Cell Leaders. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom we had to explore new ways to improve and apply these to our processes. The sharing of best practices was a common thing at L'Oreal.
Pros
talented management team. spent the money required to improve productivity.
Cons
all work, no life.
Good colleagues- management direction can be variable
Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJApril 27, 2015
The immediate team was a wonderful group with whom to interact on a daily basis, as were many teams in the satellite locations. A downside is the group's upper management direction can be variable or non-existent. A plan for a department's future needs to be outlined by the VP and AVP.
Pros
good colleagues; nice facility
Cons
lack of long term vision in several areas
Awesome beauty company but poorly run
PUBLIC RELATIONS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2012
L'Oreal is poorly run by senior management but a great place to learn about the beauty industry. We had very lean teams at L'Oreal and had no headcount to support all of the growing businesses. Although I loved my creative co-workers, I needed more of them to get the job done well. I loved being apart of a global beauty brand but wish I had better work/life balance during my time here.
Pros
creative hardworking people
Cons
no work/life balance, lean teams, no head count
Company focuses on continual improvment to be socially responsible
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJJuly 15, 2015
Everyday is different
Learned no doesn't really mean no
Co workers are awesome
Longer hours than expected
Co workers are awesome
Pros
Discounted lunch, company store
Cons
Working from home is frown upon
Informative and interesting Area of the company to work in. Great Company!
Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2012
A typical day was a morning filled with recruiting for and/or analyzing studies of products that were tested by consumers and preparing for the lunch rush of interviewing consumers who gave their feedback for product compensation.
-This position was very informative, I not only learned the positives and negatives of products under the L'Oreal umbrella, I also learned how the competitive brands also tested as our studies usually compared our brand to a competitive brand. I also learned how to analyze studies and conduct focus groups which brought alot of awareness to the ways and mentality of the average and not so average consumer. In addition to the opposite side of consumer awareness, being the liason between Marketing and the consumer, I also learned what the process is when Marketing wants to launch a new product and what they do after the analytical reports are delivered to them by us.
-Management seemed to have many years of experience in which they had shared for the benefit of the department/company.
-We had a variety of personalities but we all learned to communicate any differences or concerns within the department. We all understood and respected the fact that everyone is different and maintained a professional, happy and comfortable workplace.
-The hardest or I should say most challenging part of the job was getting as much detail needed during the interviews when the lunch hour rush would come through our center. Most of our consumers only had "less than an hour" to be seen and liked to hurry through the questionnaire not being very detailed. We usually had anywhere
  more... from 50-100 people come through. It was important to assure that each and every customer abided by our rules and earned their compensated gifts by supplying us with sufficient detailed information (as requested and agreed) so we could properly analyze their feedback. People can be difficult so my people skills had to be at their best, luckily for me they were.
-There were many things that made the job enjoyable but 2 things that stand out were, 1). Seeing the commercial or advertisement of a product we had previously tested. I felt a self gratifying feeling, knowing I had a participated in making that launch a success. and 2). The appreciation shown by the consumers, (even the difficult ones). They seemed to take a liking to how I handled them, and often asked for me to assist them. I was always pleasant and still maintained my backbone when negative news had to be given to them because it was not our policy. Because of my professionalism they were more accepting of not receiving their request. It was pleasing to know they felt they received the customer service expected from such popular company.
Fun company to work for
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 7, 2015
Typical day would be answering high volume calls.
Typing and entering sku's using 10 key.
Management was always helpful in any situation.
Everyone I worked with was wonderful and always helpful
The hardest part of the job was learning 10 key
The most enjoyable was working with some of my closest friends.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No health care
Busy, yet productive days, occasionally stressful, but good stressful when getting a project completed, meeting deadlines and working as a team.
Converted to Full Time (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJDecember 12, 2013
A typical day means working with Retail store management and managers, as well as corporate departments on any issues that may have come up (credit card issues, inventory issues, sales and tax monitoring). From working with the Retail store management team as well as with corporate departments (treasury, tax) we learned how to make it work for all involved, meeting deadlines, reporting store activity with integrity, communicating with all involved. Co workers within the Retail store management teams was easy, since we all had the same goals and objectives (opening stores on time, with all that is needed for a store to operate); the most difficult part of the position was trying to work with others who were not part of the retail team and who did not have the time to understand what was going on. The retail environment is very exciting and very busy - but working with the teams and getting stores opened was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
free goods every other month
Cons
long hours, days, many evenings and weekend work - not enough working on the 'retail accounting' team
Great people inside of a company that required high performance
IDC E-Commerce Administrative Program (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2015
I was able to learn a lot about the corporate culture in this role at L'oreal. A typical day goes from around 8:30 until 6:30. They are very willing to show you the ropes but once you are taught you are expected to perform at a very high rate. The hardest part was the disconnect between the various teams. The easiest part was gaining friendships with colleagues and being introduced to a great challenge in my first full-time role.
Pros
great product testing
Cons
long days, high stress
Fast-paced environment with a strong work culture
Inventory Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJAugust 29, 2014
I have been able to learn many skills that can be beneficial when job searching. I was able to apply what I learned in class to what I do at this internship. L'Oreal is a difficult company to gain full-time employment. They expect you to be confident during interviews and they look for those that can be somewhat aggressive in nature. The culture here embraces healthy conflict and how you can resolve those conflicts. I would say adapting to this culture as I try to find a job has been the most difficult.
I have been able to make many connections in this company. I really enjoy working with my coworkers and I do look forward to coming to work every day.
Pros
free goods from company stores
I liked the whole process from start to finish.
Zone Leader (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLSeptember 12, 2014
I did like my job. I was in a warehouse in Florida without air-conditioning. Surprisingly a lot of the people there liked the heat.
I was lucky that I was in the Nail Room(as in fingernail polish) and the room was air-conditioned.
It was a good time. Most of the people got along. No major hassles.
We looked forward to pizza every Friday.
My favorite part was the sales we had . Any damaged hair product,
make-up, spa treatment,hair dye went into a bag sale.
We happily paid 5.00 for a grocery bag!
Pros
free pizza
Cons
long hours. we worked until the job was completed.