L-3 Communications
1,003 reviews

L-3 Communications United States Employee Reviews

Not a fun company to work with
Associate Engineer - 40hrs/wk (Former Employee), Vandenberg AFB, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: Health care is poor
This is not a very pleasant group to work with.
Also, it has very poor management team.
People do not share information.
No knowledge transferred.
Operations Technician (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 12, 2015
Good place to work, unstable employment due to random layoffs at times. Management is good but advancement is pretty much locked up.
Nice company to work for overall...
Sr Admin Associate, Security Admin, PBX Operator (Former Employee), Waco, TXApril 11, 2015
Hardest part of this job for most people is commuting to such a remote location, not easily accessible unless you live near I-35 or Baylor area...
86 Companies Under One Umbrella
Director Programs and Business Development (Former Employee), Rock Island Arsenal, ILApril 10, 2015
Pros: Great Compensation
Cons: Need Standardized Policies and Procedures
L-3 is a great company, just attempting to build their shared services between the 86 different companies. This leads to uncertainty about policy and procedures, however, you get to be part of the solution that is being build, instead of just a user of others thoughts.
Great Place to Work
Principal Engineer (Former Employee), Budd Lake, NJApril 10, 2015
Really enjoyed working here. Flexible work schedule. Range of products in space and navigation for the aerospace/defense industry. Good management, seeking to grow the business. Excelent coworkers, competent, hard workers.
L3 communication
A/P qualified aircraft mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Rucker, ALApril 8, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short lunches
L3 communication is a great upstanding company to work for. I have been with them for a long time and they certainly pay and treat there employees well. However, due to certain circumstances not pertaining to L3 I am now seeking employment elsewhere.
My Review Summary of L-3 Communications
Senior Analyst - Contractor (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAApril 7, 2015
Working at L-3 Communications was rewarding to me financially, mentally, and challenging. The company allow me the opportunity to apply my skills and abilities as I achieved my personal goals.
Stock Clerk/ General Clerk
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Working Hours
Cons: Not enough overtime
Stock Clerks, scan, process, research parts and material to the correct traveler before its handed to the mechanics. Order missing parts that the mechanics need. Make sure the traveler is stamped from the previous shops. Responsible for production planning, schedule material control, revise, create and research Master Traveler List. My co-workers and I would work together inventorying our pallets of parts once they were received so we can get them out to the mechanics so they can work on the aircraft. The hardest part of the job was looking for parts that were processed in previous shops before they were given to us. Sometimes the parts went missing and we would have to back track the part and look on the traveler to see what was the last steps to see where the part might have been missing.
Contract change over
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYApril 6, 2015
Great company to work for, supervisors ensured all employee's were trained and treated fairly on a daily basis. But, the contract change over to a different contractor.
Productive work place
Maintenance Trades Helper (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 4, 2015
I learned how to work and operate heavy machinery. Keeping production high and making sure everything is done correctly. I learned how to work with chemicals and how to dispose of chemicals correctly.
L-3 has been financially rewarding place to work and for many years was a great place for growing a manufactuing operations.
Director of Manufacturing and Plant Operations (Current Employee), Camden, NJApril 4, 2015
Pros: Very good compensation, It has a great place to grow and continuously improve manufacturing.
Cons: The commute is long, and each year traffic makes the commute longer.
A typical day for me at L-3 starts with walking the Manufacturing floor, checking with operators on what is going on, and then checking in with each of the Operations Program Managers and Functional Managers in Manufacturing to talk issues and short term plans. After that I check and respond to emails. During the day I typically attend two to four meetings and stop in to see multiple other functional managers in L-3. Late in the afternoon and early evening I typically work on planning.
poor management
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCApril 3, 2015
Pros: a few good people among the crowd. Benefits were good in comparison.
Cons: lack of professionalism, integrity, training, ..on and on….
Management is unprofessional at best. They talk poorly of the employees to other employees. No confidentiality whatsoever.
They promote bad aircraft maintenance practices.
Promotions are not done according to company SOP, but rather by good ol' boy network.
When a employee asked for proper PPE to deal with known carcinogens, they were told the PPE wasn't needed and to do the job without it.
I learned that to advance or stay employed with them, you must compromise your integrity and perform aircraft maintenance that is substandard, and not IAW the technical manuals.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with the immaturity level of the management, from leads on up. Most were people with absolutely no management training and they treated the employees extremely poor.
The most enjoyable part of the job, was quitting time.
N/A
Procurement Assessment and Training Lead (Current Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDApril 2, 2015
Pretty standard.Pretty standard.Pretty standard.Pretty standard.Pretty standard.Pretty standard.Pretty standard.Pretty standard.Pretty standard.Pretty standard.Pretty standard.
Busy place to work at
Controller (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAMarch 30, 2015
Interesting place to work at . Lots of personnel issues but overall a nice place. The division was collapsed as there were too many in the DC area.
Hard work and dedication is rewarded
Program Manager (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Small tight knit group of profesionals
Cons: Diminishing pipeline
I was promoted several times over the last five years. The work is challenging. Compensation is good, time off is great, health care plans aren't the best. Generally the people that work here care about what they do and do their very best day in and day out. TCS was a very successful small business that was purchased by L-3. They have maintained their small business atmosphere but that is eroding as more and more corporate directives remove the local authority and decision making. Leadership changes have led to a change in culture and a movement away from customer focus to inward management focus.
Exciting place to work.
Business Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: One week paid time off during Christmas.
Cons: A long distance to drive if you live closer to Dallas.
L-3 is a great place to work. The company contributes to the local community, and provides a significant number of jobs. It has been around for a long time, and entire families across generations have worked there. It offers great benefits, and people tend to stay for a very long time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety and the since of pride everyone shares.
Very Busy not enough time in the day.
Planner (Current Employee), Wilmington, MAMarch 22, 2015
A typical day at work is to try to get to that day's work. I have learned allot about what i make and the company it's self. All new management changes 4 times in the past 2 years. Co-workers are very good people and love working with them. Hardest part of the job is that we are so understaffed we just can't keep up. The best part of the job is being with people you enjoy working with as a team and accomplishing what we need to get done.
Good to work for
SYSTEM ENGINEER (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: review
Cons: review
Was on Contract and good company to work for.
Management and coworkers are very nice.
Lots of coworkers are on Contract and is the way to go if you are not sure to be perm. or not.
Working hrs. was flexible.
respected employess, had employee activities and awards
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Park City, UtMarch 21, 2015
Pros: awards for year service, christmas party, gift certificates for jobs well done, paid really well
Cons: human resources
Great place to work ,excellent and knowledgeable work force .Management had a difficult time, and we had some recalls in or products which cost the company large amount of money. which in turn resulting in 1800 people being laid off because of the cost of these errors. Absolutely love the job and all the large responsibilities placed on me. But was one of the casualties of the company mistakes.
My experience and knowledge
Personnel Security Administrator (Former Employee), Reston, VAMarch 20, 2015
This company prepared me on everything I know about security. It was an enjoyable work place and the managers were always there to help.

1 2 3 4 5

About L-3 Communications

L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations – Read more

L-3 Communications Salaries