L-3 Communications

L-3 Communications Employer Reviews

Warehouse Operations
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: work environment
Run material release orders, pull parts, receive parts, place parts in customer bins, issue customer parts, do turn ins to higher echelon.
Broad working environment, multiple careers, defense communications
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: wide variety of opportunity
Cons: 1.5 years+ restructuring (downsizing)
Good work, good people, challenging times. Flex hours. Rhapsody. UML. Plenty of management. Co-workers are devoted to the job. Morale can be rough due to layoffs. Creativity encouraged, but schedule and budget are priority one.
Professional workplace
Virtual Proposal Center (VPC) Manager (Former Employee), Reston, VASeptember 11, 2014
My 14 years with L-3 was very exciting, challenging and educational. I was exposed to all areas of Business Development. I was promoted to the VPC Manager which introduced me to the Information Technology side of business where I developed database management skills and many other areas of Information Technology.
Movement
Executive Administrator (Former Employee), Hampton Roads, VASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: growth
Cons: contract issues
I worked for L-3 for 14 years and started as an Office manager with education skill set. After and through all the company's changes I was given the opportunity to grow, learn, challenge and be a part of an exciting environment. Although the contract that I was on at the end was lost I felt a huge sense of pride to work for L-3.
RESET MAINTENANCE
Aircraft Mechanic I (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: good hourly pay
Cons: no career advancement
A typical day would start at 6:00 am, and would end at 3:00 pm.
Really dependant on the division
Sr. Program Manager/General Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2014
If you are associated with a forward looking division, great. Otherwise you will be in a short sighted numbers driven enviornment.
L-3
Software Development and IT Security Manager (Current Employee), Sierra Vista AZSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: unorganized, uniformed and unprofessional customer
L-3 awarded me opportunities and was very understanding of my position as a single parent. The hardest part of the job was the customer (US Army) support. They often gave conflicting guidance, did not know what requirements they needed.
great PTO, poor management and growth opportunites
Manufacturing coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: 9/80 work schedule (every other friday off), 3 to 4 weeks vacation, 1 week personal time
Cons: poor management, no advancement opportunities
great PTO, poor management and growth opportunites

Mostly good people at work. Management concentrates on self preservation and their bonuses. Management all form over substance.

Very poor morale within the workforce because of management and lack of growth. Layoffs 3 times in the last year or so. When problems arise they add another layer of management – more... and layoff the manufacturing employees – less
Defense Contractor
Admin/Editor/Graphics Artist (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GASeptember 2, 2014
Enjoyed working with them at Fort Benning. Good company to work for.
Standard Contracting Company
Fleet Support Representative (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: provided spot performance bonuses.
I worked remotely so I had little interaction with the company in general. But never had any problems while I worked there.
International employment opportunities. High quality, professional coworkers.
A&P Mechanic /QA (Former Employee), Greenville, TX / Bagram Air Field AfghanistanAugust 30, 2014
Pros: war-zone wages, travel, multicultural environment
Cons: contracted employment
As long as you're wanting to travel, L-3 affords ample opportunities for international and domestic travel for job assignments. Travel accommodations were excellent. The various departments of coworkers were highly experienced, professional, and friendly.
Great place to work. Very family oriented. Caring.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 29, 2014
Pros: caring and fun place to work
Cons: leaving and benefits
I worked for the Senior Vice President. Had a great working relationship with him and all my co-worker. Was there for 14 years and thought I would retire there. But with cut backs and my boss retiring. I was forced to leave.
While I was there, I started off as receptionist. I quickly moved up the ladder and ended with my dream job. I loved what I did. – more... There was no hard part of my job. When things go tough for someone, we always had their back. We were very supportive of each other. – less
a mess
Customer Service Operations (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2014
no training. You are on your own and it is too segregated. Management is not engaged.
Great place to work, limited training
Circuit Design Engineer (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 28, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: training, access to management
I really enjoyed working at Level3, I was told it would take anywhere from 1-3 years to "catch on" to things though. Once I started working independently, there were training needs that were never met. I was told I'd bet set up with access to systems, but received no training.
Not a bad job at all, but the stress level and balance with home life wasn't – more... what I needed. My coworkers were all in the same boat. They go through people quite a lot.
They've started hiring through an Ops Academy systems now. Seemed like a good idea, but it's just a way for them to pay people a lower wage for doing the same job.
My biggest problem was the lack of training and time to train. Benefits are wonderful! Definitely use your PTO if you get on here, because you won't take it with you when you leave. – less
Wafer and die production site
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2014
Pros: sense of accomplishment
Cons: very poor organization and leadership
The site has a need for some strong management to be more productive. There are a number of problems that are not being addressed and consequently I am looking for another position. I am currently work with 62K lines of C software with no documentation and I can not contact the originator with any questions.
T1 COMBS Randolph AFB position is horrible!
T1A COMBS Engine mechanic (Former Employee), Randolph AFB, TXAugust 21, 2014
Cons: pay, work environment, co workers, managers
Absolutely the worst job I've had with L-3. I've worked for L-3 before at other locations, and it's been great. However, the "aircraft mechanic" position with T-1 COMBS on Randolph AFB was the worst job experience Ive had with the company. First of all once your hired you'll quickly find out that there aren't any aircraft to work on. The position is – more... basically a supply job and very little of what I did was aircraft related. On top of that, the pay the very low, in fact it's the lowest pay I've received as an experienced A&P mechanic and there is absolutely no overtime, I once got counseled for clocking in early. There also a lot of gossip there. After about a week working there I noticed that QA and the manager would often trash talk about the other employees there, very unprofessional for a manager to do that. On my very first day the COMBS manager told me that my supervisor was incompetent and "weird" and that i should try to avoid him. I personally don't like to talk about people behind their back and I chose to avoid getting into conversations with the QA and manager unless it pertained to work. As a result they made me feel unwelcome and uncomfortable at work. I began looking for another job the same week I started. Thank goodness I was able to find something else. – less
Government contracting
Personnel Security Leader / Detachment Leader (Former Employee), Baghdad Iraq and Camp Pendleton, CaAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great people, something new daily, recoup time after shifts
Cons: no job security, constatly changing leadership, time way from home
I worked in two different companies which were subsidiaries of L3, one of which no longer exists, and the other has changed its name. A typical day here consists of me ensuring functionality of weapons systems and ensuring those I managed were able to do whatever mission was necessary. I planned many missions according to the intelligence at hand and – more... ensured all those involved had whatever information was available for the mission. Many times I went on these missions as the convoy commander to ensure mission was complete with no issues. This was while in Iraq. The other company, was fairly normal and easily done. I did many things here to include heavy equipment rigging and crane operations, confined space evaluations and hazard safety, and mechanics. – less
A great place to develop skills and knowledge base within the field.
Field Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: opportunity for personal growth and development, if you're a motivated individual, the opportunity for advancement is there, pay is good
A typical day at work can involve troubleshooting network issues, installing and testing new equipment, working with network engineers on designs, installing equipment at customer locations, troubleshooting/basic maintenance of critical infrastructure (HVACS, generator, back up battery power, rectifiers). I have great co-workers that are function as – more... a team; we are constantly learning from one another. The fact that there are so many different responsibilities is great because it gives you opportunity to learn so many different things, and the job is never monotonous. The hardest part though is balancing and prioritizing all of the different demands that come from different directions. There is little encouragement of work/life balance, steadily increasing pressure to produce more with less has created a very stressful environment not conducive to producing quality work – less
average
Senior Buyer / Buyer IV (Former Employee), salt lake city utahAugust 19, 2014
lots of politics-hire like crazy then lay off when times get hard instead of having the personnal they have take on more
Landing Craft Air Cushion Hydraulic Lead Mechanic (Former Employee), OceansideAugust 15, 2014
Test Conductor performed hydraulic pressure test, hydraulic flushing, and hydraulic system function on Bow Thrusters, Cushion vanes, Prop Rudder, Scavenge Fan and Ramp Systems. Supervised the proper removal and re-installation of the entire LCAC Hydraulic & Lube Oil Systems. Remanufactured Hydraulic Lines and Hoses.

1 2 3 4 5

About L-3 Communications

L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite – Read more

L-3 Communications Photos