L-3 Communications
1,032 reviews

L-3 Communications Employee Reviews

Cutting edge of everyting -
Applications Specialist (Former Employee), Victor NYMay 22, 2015
Pros: mission, pay, and travel
Cons: Not much work in florida where I want to live.
I had a great time working for L3 communications. I really enjoyed the opportunity to support our heroic troops and help make them successful. One of the most fulfilling jobs I have ever had, I would love to go back to work for them.
na
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 19, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
It was a great place to work . I was glad to go there everyday . in town or out in Triana . Good facillities and a great crew . We were capible of dealing with anything put infront of us.
Productive and fun.
Senior QA Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMay 18, 2015
Arlington office was great, until layoffs to the department. It was very comfortable. I would definitely work there again.
Great Culture
Proposal Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great company culture, great pay, benefits are reasonable, great accomidations
Cons: I have had some issues with the benefits provider, but nothing that would turn me away from working at L3.
Great culture here at L3. I would highly recommend working here to anyone looking for employment. The company culture is friendly, cooperative, and easy going. It is very much a family company with lots of people having brothers or sisters working here, or even in some cases moms and dads. Great environment!
Good Place to Work
Communications (Current Employee), United States of AmericaMay 18, 2015
Good environment to work in. Good benefits, Good employee support, hammered down business processes. Very large corporation with opportunities all over the world.
WOW!
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: everything bad you can think of
Do not waste time working there. Oh, it's 2015 now and I believe they lost their contract anyway,so you propably wont get to work there. The governement side of the base was literally getting fusterated with this company.Just awful management and sssssooooo much drama ! I cant even believe I lasted 2 yrs. Here is the thing, everyone who works there is so afraid of you taking thier job that they treat you like poo. Those employees have so much low self esteem and they take it out on others. L3 has put it in their head that there is no other job that will pay as well as they do and the employees believe it. They believe it so much that they treat others so bad because they feel like you will take their job. Very hostile environment.
great for the base bunch of insecure back stabbing people
General Clerk III FEMS Assistant (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 15, 2015
Pros: you really dont work too hard at all
Cons: Back stabbers no official training
Production supervisors only concern with dress code and attendance. Coworkers are expected to train you. People are of every age and will tattle on you if you sneeze to loud. They want statements for everymove you make. The union that recently got in place is no help at all. Good luck and may god bless.
A supportive atmosphere with caring coworkers
Configuration Management Analyst (Former Employee), Vandenberg AFB, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits package.
Cons: Government contracting is strongly affected by the federal budget.
L-3 Communications taught me the value of utilizing Configuration Management practices for all aspects of a project. Starting from a known baseline and progressing to the desired new state sets the stage for successful upgrades to any system.
constantly busy
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Corpus Christi Naval Air station, TXMay 14, 2015
The constant workflow made the day go by very fast. It was exciting to learn how the parts we distributed were processed before they were assembled on the helicopters CCAD is repairing.
workload unpredictable
1st Class Marine Electrician (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAMay 14, 2015
Pros: travel opportunity
Cons: poor management
not very productive in time management,management seems to have a power struggle going on,the breaktimes are usually good but there is not much time for lunch considerring the long walk
Great location, good company, nice people
Designer/CAD Draftsman (Former Employee), Patrick Air Force Base, FloridaMay 13, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: No comment
Working for L-3 was a very positive experience. I worked with some very knowledgeable engineers on a daily basis. The people employed there were some of the nicest people I have ever worked with. The managers of the design department were great guys that I consider good friends today.
Employee oriented with high level of expectations.
Multi Functional Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMay 9, 2015
Pros: Schedule
Cons: NA
Great pace of work that made the day go by quickly. I learned that not all companies are Corporate America. Co workers were very helpful and nice.
Great place to work!
BI Developer (Former Employee), Broomfield, COMay 9, 2015
Everyday is something new and challenging. I have learned a significant amount of knowledge from all departs that I have worked with. Managers seek to help you grow as a professional. They also offer continuous coaching opportunities that help you learn from your mistakes.
Was th
Poor overall treatment by mangement, of the people who know how to do the work, rarely if ever, respond positively to suggestions.
Employee (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 8, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: too much politics
Management is poor, very little room for advancement, too many egos. Spend a lot of time repairing someone else's mistakes, then wind up getting blamed for the original problem.
L-3 Communications stabs their employees in the back.
CM/DM Analyst, Logistics Analyst, Tech Writer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs COMay 5, 2015
Pros: Lower level managers, employees, flexibility
Cons: Severance packages, HR, Program Management
The managers at L-3 are very knowledgeable and easy to work for. Most of the employees are also very good. The problem is within HR and the Program Management Office. Every time L-3 would lose a contract or partnership, they would not pay the agreed upon severance to employees. They would simply hold a meeting and say we're not giving you a penny.
Satellite controller
Satellite controller (Former Employee), Colorado SpringsMay 3, 2015
Pros: Good interaction with employees
Mostly a monitoring position. Had to have certain job skills to perform position. These could only be obtained from working with other satellite positions.
Great Leadership and team atmosphere
Electronic Technician-level II (Current Employee), Miramar, CAMay 1, 2015
Everyday is a good day at L-3 Communications. Great team atmosphere. The hardest part of the job for me is the occasional travel for I do not like leaving my young children for months at a time.
Excessive hours spent on vehicles and over use of time management
Heavy/Light Wheel Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 27, 2015
A typical day was busy working on vehicles and ordering parts or cleaning the shop after vehicles were done. I gained more knowledge about mechanics and the different ways to do certain things or fix certain problems. Supervisors did not want to accept responsibility for issues that went on in their shops. My co-workers were willing to any knowledge they had about mechanics and assist others if they needed help with work load. The hardest part was finishing vehicles and getting them pass company and government inspectors. The most enjoyable was going home after a days work and leaving whatever happen at work there.
Progressive company providing an inspiring environment
Instructor Pilot (Current Employee), Tinker AFB, OKApril 27, 2015
A very employee centered company. This company seems to believe if they take care of the employee, the employee will take of the company. The company provides excellent company training courses for ethics, security, workplace conduct, and many others.
Supports and pays for education and training, higher quality of benefits
Electronics Publications Operator (Former Employee), CalifornaApril 27, 2015
Pros: Supports and pays for education and training, higher quality of benefits
Cons: Managers should be required to have classes and training.
L-3 Communications has tuition reimbursement, encourages and supports community involvement and had an awards program to where all employees had the chance to be recognized and rewarded for a job well done.

1 2 3 4 5

About L-3 Communications

L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations – Read more

L-3 Communications Salaries