L-3 Communications Employee Reviews

Fast past
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSNovember 22, 2017
Very fast past and a lot of room to grow within the company. Very nice people to be around and they are really to teach and make sure you are doing your best at all times.
Pros
growth within the company
Cons
bad health insurance
Fast paced and busy work environment
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MANovember 18, 2017
Working here has been a great opportunity for me. i have a learned a lot through my boss and my co-workers. I could not have asked for a better team to work with.
Quick pace working environment
FLEET SUPPORT AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  NAS Whidbey Island Oak Harbor WA.November 17, 2017
Military Aviation is always a quick-paced, stressfull woking environment. The same as working in the military service, also goes on deployment for a short period of time to provide aircrew and pilots get training and mission goals.
Pros
Military Environment
Cons
Stressful, quick-paced
never
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 15, 2017
Horrible company bad management treated employees always bad a hostile work enviroment. Management was not there to help not any career advancement. It was poorly organized overall
cool place to work
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 15, 2017
l3 was the first job i had after the army i can apperciate everything i learned there i havent been there in may years so i have no clue what its like now
Pros
heat and ac
Cons
boss sucked
Cut throat -High Turnover
Senior Leader (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati ElectronicsNovember 15, 2017
Great Technology, high turnover and lack of advancement. Incompetent folks running the show. The mission is to coach you out. #runanddontlookback!
Pros
Cool Technology
Cons
Cut throat
Fast pace and long hours
Sheet Metal Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 14, 2017
Fast pace type work on the Navy base helicopter sheet metal mechanic lots work different work condition when rain was difficult and get wet and very cold or very hot
Productive workplace
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityNovember 14, 2017
4/10 or 9/80 work schedule available
The benefits were good. PTO, both short term and long term disability insurance, dental and vision insurance. Good folks to work with. Work is interesting.
facility closed
PROCUMENT BUYER (Former Employee) –  fort lauderdale flNovember 14, 2017
work for several years in different dept.under various management would still be growing with the company but our facility was phase out
due to the direction of the company.
Pros
benifits excellent, employees were long term
Cons
we were there commercial aircrft repair station - there focus was military an manufacuring
It was a fun place to work, not any more.
Eco Coordinator & Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CANovember 13, 2017
it was a good place to work, Management needs improvement, but the people were very nice. the most enjoyable part of my job is the job that i performed I ready liked, working with people and helping all.
Balanced workplace environment but needs improvement
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 11, 2017
A flexible workplace environment with good benefits. Lack of accountability by management for some. Not much room for advancement. Training was very limited making it difficult to perform job to full potential at times. Good company benefits provided.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Good benefits, Pleasant coworkers
Cons
Limited training. Little accountability. Management tendency to show favoritism.
Good Place to Work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 10, 2017
Typical work day. Management was excellent. Good team atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was instruction. Not the instruction, just the attitude of the students.
Changing culture due to increased regulations
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 8, 2017
I still have high hopes that the company will find it way in the growing industry and focus on job security smoother process. Has undergone major changes at the top that are still filtering down.
Pros
Great place to learn the industry
Cons
growing pains
Company sold, no longer available.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington County, VANovember 8, 2017
Company sold. No longer available. Am I to assume that your quality control is up to options for answers for companies that no longer exist. In my resume, of the five companies mentions only one still exists. Waste of time and poor understanding of the business.
Pros
No longer available.
Cons
No longer available
Forced Reviews are Ridiculous
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 8, 2017
I think reviews of companies I have worked for should be optional. I am actually unhappy with Indeed for forcing me to review companies without making it optional to do so.
Fun workplace with Gym/ showers
Receiving Specialist / Repairs Material Inspector (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 7, 2017
Has been a great company to work for but is relocating to Michigan. Offers plenty of overtime. Great benefits and vacation time.
Work with a great group of people that are like a second family.
Pros
Beginning hire gets 3 weeks vacation and 80 hrs PTO
Cons
Management is not great
Government Contractor
HR Manager, Facility Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDNovember 6, 2017
The company was a combination of private sector and government contractors. My initial employer was a government contractor which was acquired by a larger company. Within 4 years, that company was acquired by a larger company.
Subsequent to that acquisition, human resources and admin support was consolidated, resulting may lay-off along with my staff of 3.
Work could be exciting but as an overhead position... not guaranteed.
Pros
Interesting work opportunities.
Cons
Too big... became an employee number
Productive work place
Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2017
A fun place to work at with very good management. The work culture was very relaxed and the work was not stressful. I learnt how the corporate work culture is.
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians
Software Engineer/Tester (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 5, 2017
This company did not have enough technicians and had the engineers doing technician work. Plus the VIC technology I was working with was extremely proprietary and has no marketable value to it. They are also working too much with Windows and not enough Linux
Pros
It was a job
Cons
They don't have enough technicians and have Engineers doing that work
Busy and wonderful atmosphere
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 5, 2017
While with L-3 and working at the Corpus Christi Army Depot, I worked in different roles and learned many things in each role. The workplace culture was busy but relaxed and I met some wonderful people.
Pros
Nice people and working at the coast
Cons
Being switched around into different roles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L-3 Communications. Our community is ready to answer.