L-3 Communications

L-3 Communications Employer Reviews

Technical job for SATCOM and Networking and building HUBS
Technical Instructor/Trainer (Current Employee), TechnicalJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: travel was nice
Cons: give input for changes that get ignored.
Fast paced environment.
I have learned how to become a team player and approach new ideas with tactical fundamentals to accomplish the mission.
Its what YOU make of it
Aircraft Mechanic/Avionics (Former Employee), Corpus ChristiJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: counterparts, because you govt contract
(Military environment) so if you're looking for a quiet cubicle life, Stay away. Rapid pace environment. A lot of redundant, overlapping, and dated military doctrine which makes it a little difficult with Quality Control but its a learning process. Depending on which hangar you get plugged into, It seems to be a clash of old school vs new school. Meaning some management wants the job done properly and some wants the job done yesterday. There is room for advancement, but it depends on your desire. I've seen people get promoted to management and have done right by it. There are the select few that ruin it for everyone but what job doesn't. Advice, Learn doctrine, and always apply for the next step. Don"t allow how long you've been there to determine your desire to move forward.
Great learning experience
Journeyman Supervisor III (Current Employee), Corpus Christi TexasJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: short contracts
On a daily basis I am to make myself available to answer questions and assist in accessing Technical data and making sure that it is understood.
like my job not my employer
Sheet Metal Associate (Current Employee), Crestview, FLJanuary 18, 2015
Great experience but low pay compared to average in field. Very little chance for advancement without a degree.
Ok Company
Principal Engineer & Program Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Company specializes in communications equipment development and sales.
Big Company
Administrative Assistant, SR (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: benefits, compensation and advancement
Cons: can be a bit politically driven at times.
L-3 is a wonderful company to work for a bit labor intensive at times due to way too many meetings which may or may not accomplish what they set out to accomplish.Other than that it is a very good company to be a team player.
Productive workplace with great co-workers
Software Engineer/Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 14, 2015
While the work is tough and sometimes very demanding, Link Simulation and Training is overall a great place to work.
Productiv
Receiving Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free luunches, bouses
Cons: short lunches/breaks, management
I enjoyed giving our troops equipment that would be of great use. The hardest part would be not making a deadline. I really enjoyed working with the veterans and regular employees. I learned an tremendous amount of quality control and inspection skills.
Great coworkers...terrible environment.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Aircraft Maintenance SupervisorJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: no job security, bad environment
Maintenance supervisor for 3+ years. Raises were pathetic. Treated like garbage by upper management. Hourly employees were treated like royalty while supervision was held accountable for the workforce failures. I would not recommend this employer to anyone!
A good start after life in the military
Aircraft Worker (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: work envirnment
A good transition from the military and I'm glad that it was this company. Good management and people to work with
gsfgsfgsa
Manager Mechanical Engineering (Current Employee), Folsom, CAJanuary 12, 2015
It is an averaged work environment. It has its own pros and cons.
Productive workplace with friendly atmosphere
Mechanical Design/Manufacturing Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 12, 2015
A very welcoming and friendly workplace. The coworkers were very helpful answering questions and were eager to make you apart of the team. It was a productive workplace, everyone was focused on their jobs and held true to their motto "do it once, do it right."
L-3 making you feel like family, then letting you know after contract award... you are NOT
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Vandenberg AFB, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: vafb was a great work environment, wonderful people - smart
Cons: getting screwed by l-3 when times got tough, a company only after their bottom line
As of January 1, 2015 L-3 has decided not to provide any severance for those employees that are about to be laid off on VAFB. Only for employees and not the higher ups mind you. What a big pile of dog poo. Many people have come from around the country to work here, most using their own money to do so, to provide excellent service on this contract. They let us know that they could care less about that, they are looking at their bottom line and don't care about those of us who came here, worked tirelessly, some of us over a decade here. We the workers got a 100% award fee for OUR WORK, OUR PROFESSIONALISM this past year, employees will see maybe $250 increase for that... and no severance to say - Job well done guys/gals! I thought L-3 was different, they always acted like we were a family, guess not
Good Benefits Bad Management
Stock Clerk/Inventory Control (Current Employee), Sylmar, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, good benefits, union
Cons: management, no change of moving up, no raise for the past five years
As a Stock Clerk, my day begins by doing a inventory count on parts in the stock room and just picking kits and orders all day and pack shipments in the end of the day.My co-workers are great to work with. They help you and and work great as a team. Management looks at us like second rate citizens.
Excellent company to work for.
ECO Coordinator (Former Employee), Woburn, MAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: learned to manage files electronically.
Cons: 9-80 work week
Transitioned from paper to electronic ECO system.
Coordinated ECO’s for approval using SMARTEAM (a PDM tool)
Data entry in MINX.
Excellent work environment
Proposal Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2015
The L-3 Communications Telemetry-West mission statement is "Our mission is to provide customers with state-of-the-art communication and telemetry solutions for space, ground and air applications".

Their facility produces world-class high-reliability Space, Ground and Airborne products using the highest standards in a customer focused and innovative environment.
Very productive and helpful business
Assistant Program Manager (Former Employee), Reston, VAJanuary 3, 2015
This company was able to let me gain the experience and knowledge when dealing with military business aspects and language.
Great company to work for
Senior Administrative Assistant - Engineering (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CADecember 31, 2014
Provided all paperwork necessary to ensure that all dealines were met.
Military contract
Hover Craft Electrician (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CADecember 22, 2014
Working on the Marine Corps base to upgrade hovercraft electrical systems was a good contract. The days were long and productive.
Electron beam welder (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIDecember 19, 2014
Pros: great wage and education possibilities
Great work and awesome management , oppurtunity to advance very fair to everyone, Many different jobs to bid for with senority rights first , union shop with great work ethics and benefits .

1 2 3 4 5

About L-3 Communications

L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations – Read more

L-3 Communications Photos