L-3 Communications

L-3 Communications Employer Reviews

Family structured
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 13, 2014
Great company to work for. I enojyed everyday i worked for L-3 communications. Great management team. i would work for again in the future if given the opportunity.
Fantastic people, great mission
Business/Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 10, 2014
Pros: great people, worthwhile work
Cons: no advancement opportunities unless you moved
The people were wonderful and supporting the US Navy's mission was something everyone on the team took seriously.
Good Work - Life Balance
Task Order Lead (Current Employee), Wright-Patterson AFB, OHApril 9, 2014
Local management is very good, but corporate level culture is indifferent at best. Archaic intranet, impossible to get help with anything but the most trivial or routine HR issues. Corporation has an industry worst reputation for HR, D&I, and dealing with hostile environment claims. Flexible hours, 40-42 hour week standard.
Productive workplace.
Command Post Systems Advisor (CPSA) (Former Employee), OKINAWA, JPApril 8, 2014
Hardest part of the job was working overseas and being away from family.
Great work environment and nice people
Paralegal (Current Employee), Woburn, MAApril 8, 2014
I have been working for this company for 7 years. Lots of changes. Survived couple of major layoffs. No professional growth for me. There is not enough work to keep me busy. No learning opportunities. The working environment generally is welcoming. Looking for more responsibilities.
good enviorment
Assembler (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 8, 2014
This job is demanding and it is either a job you enjoy or don't. I enjoy it but Im looking for something more.
Great people and work environment
Computer Analyst 4B (Former Employee), Greenville, TXApril 3, 2014
Pros: great management support and my staff was second to none
Cons: better advancement positions small organization
Morning status on previous night processing followed by meetings on reviewing proposed changes to environment. Review budget and prioritize key processes and operations. Review security for corporate IT strategy and review of industry wide issues and proposed solutions for network and desktop managers. Work new users as the security administrator for – more... the mainframe. Work with customers on proposed modifications required to their applications. Review process documents for ISO and SOX compliance. Work any issues, review activities with Vice President. Retire to my home after 10 or 11 hour day. – less
Fun yet productive workplace while interacting with a variety of people
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 3, 2014
shipping and receiving materials, breaking down simulators
Production/Government
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 2, 2014
Pros: 4 hours working on friday
Cons: breaks holidays vacation
I have been working for this company for over 6 years and I bust my butt everyday looking and searching for the job I would like to be in, with my Criminal Justice Degree. I would like to stay around there Cincinnati/Florence where I am located at as well.
Good Pay and Benefits
Material Coordinator/Shop Floor Control (Current Employee), Waco, TXApril 1, 2014
Order Parts and Review Discrepancy Reports
Learned to read drawings and about Aircraft
Hardest Part of Job is keeping up with policies and procedure changes.
Most enjoyable part of job is the pay and benefits along with being able to help support the men and woman who serve and protect our country.
Worked with a great team players
Electrical Instructor (Former Employee), Greenville, TXApril 1, 2014
I'm a person looking for a job to either use my skills or gain more experience. I'm not afraid of learning any job nor afraid of working any shift.
I'm just looking for a forever job that I can work at and get great benefits.
Willing to do any training that is required to complete the job.
I'm a hard worker. I'm a people person and enjoy working with – more... a great team.
I know that I'm not going to be able to make the money that I was making at my present job but I'm willing to began somewhere, just needing to get a job since I have 16 year experience at the same company I'm willing to change my career if needed.
I'm the only person working in my home since my husband is disable, just needing something to provide an income for my family with benefits. – less
Over-worked, under appreciated and paid less than a Pizza Delivery Driver
Field Technician (Former Employee), Denver, ColoradoMarch 29, 2014
I would like to seriously warn anyone thinking of coming to this company, especially if someone is calling you to join the Ops Academy. Run for you life, away from anything this company tries to offer you, because a large portion of those promises will be lies. If you are crazy enough to work in the field, they WILL overwork you, they WILL NOT train – more... you, and they WILL expect the impossible out of you, EVERY day. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I was put in absolutely dangerous situations. Doing major installs without ever having worked with electricity, one wrong move and I could have killed myself especially with the amount of amps and volts we work around. My director is easily the biggest schemer and the scummiest little guy I have ever met. I have never had a job with as much admin work as this, and I was once an administrative assistant. I will say that I have learned more here than any other company, but it was at the cost of my personal life, my health, and honestly my soul. Please heed the warning and go to a company that will appreciate your work. Level 3 might have been decent at one time, but they have gotten so large that everyone is just a title, a metric. Find a company that will treat you like a human. – less
Absolultely the worst place EVER to work
Material Planning Control Specialist (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 28, 2014
Pros: pay was good
Cons: not enough work to keep me busy, which made the days drag by
It was 5-1/2 weeks before I got a computer and a cubicle to work from. I was promised I would be busy all day long, but the work never came. It was the most boring place I have ever worked. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
Good company to work for
Phase team mechanic (Former Employee), IraqMarch 24, 2014
Excellent Company to work for. Each day was hard work but the team work displayed by most co-workers made it manageable.
Government Contracting
Project Analyst II (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2014
Loved working with all the people that I got to. Learned a lot about computer systems.
everything in this company was from medium to poor.
linguist (Former Employee), bagram, afghanistanMarch 23, 2014
L-3 and Titan was together when I worked for them. poor, poor
A and P mechanic for the modification of aircraft
A and P Mechanic/supervisor (Former Employee), Greenville, TXMarch 23, 2014
Went to Afghanistan and Iraq. I spent 26 years with L-3. Most of it was great. The part I liked the best was working the Aircraft that was to be the first one built. This required not just everyday routine work with my hands, but thinking and solving problems.
Overall one the most rewarding jobs I have ever had.
Sheet metal tech (Former Employee), Crestview, FLMarch 23, 2014
Pros: the pay was good. i gained some very valuable experience with aircraft.
Cons: the company it's self is quite impersonal with no regards to anyone's individual needs., if mistakes were made with paychecks it would be the following pay period for it to be reimbursed.
I truly enjoyed my work there. I learned quit a bit of the aerospace industry, including reading blue prints and used a variety of measuring devices and tools. The management was sometimes unfamiliar with the jobs needing to be done. Therefore they weren't of much assistance at times. It was a very positive experience over all.
Joint partnership with customers
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TxMarch 22, 2014
Pros: long term relationship
L-3 Communications is committed to both their customers best interests and the individual employees.
Revenue Accountant II, Public Firm (Current Employee), Broomfield, COMarch 20, 2014
I love working at Level 3, the only downside is upward mobility.

1 2 3 4 5

About L-3 Communications

L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite – Read more

L-3 Communications Photos