L-3 Communications

L-3 Communications Employer Reviews

Solid company that values employees
Acquisition Analyst (Former Employee), Arlington, VA and Washington, DCOctober 18, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, flexible schedule and good benefits
Management at L-3 was good with decent communication. Company invested and valued its employees. Turnover was pretty low since the company compensated well and provided advancement opportunities.
Company with great potential
Engineer (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: over worked; lacks teamwork; very low morale; 1980 processes and equipment
This is a company with great opportunity to grow, but some of the divisions just need a little bit more help in the management arena. The executive staff has a tendency to make decisions based on discussions with other executives and on numerous occasions make mistakes on their decisions due to a lack of having all the details.

There are a lot of products – more... and legacy designs so it is hard balance work and life due to constant test failures with upgraded old designs.

Good benefits, good people, but lacks synergy; therefore lots of departments fight each other. – less
L3 Communications SDS division
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), LAS VEGASOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great people a rewarding career
Cons: hard to move up
My Customers are unlike any other. I 'll bet you soon find it the most enjoyable job you ever had. You will find it hard not to express your feelings daily.

A typical day will begin and end when no others do. I f you are as lucky as me you'll work on equipment that is unlike any other you have ever seen. Yep State of the art ! You'll daily perform – more... some of the oldest routines in maintenance but not to worry the management at SDS will make sure you are challenged. You love Management too ... The many challenges you are given are tailored to your individual skill level ...and their unmatched communication and leadership skills that are just unsurpassed in the work place. ... Things like time off are never a problem at L3 and my coworkers are unsurpassed in their ethics and eagerness to get the job done and done right. If you like people that you look forward to working with ... this place will surprise you !
The hardest part of my job is figuring out where I want to go in this company. Tech support ... Supervisor .... EVEN HR are always so professional, helpful ... I can not figure out were my best career path should be.

It is a joy to have a job where I have such strong feelings about the equipment, the people , the customers and ...the wonderful work environment. I think I may never retire from this company. – less
culture change
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Hanover, MDOctober 14, 2014
i get up early go the site before it got to hot and complete my task for the day keeping myself available for what the company may need from me.
Great Company
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 14, 2014
Pros: oppourtunity to make money
Cons: lost contract
Loved working for them, very family oriented. Great benefits.
Not bad
Program Control Analyst (Current Employee), Greenville, TXOctober 13, 2014
Its a typical corporation you have to be in the know to advance the management seems to like it that way. Co-workers are great but it seems like some managers are clueless in the buddies club.
hard worker
ma (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 13, 2014
Troubleshoot, rip out, install and test systems such as controls, switches, distribution panels, fuses, and
cables. Perform low voltage electrical work. Splic
e wires and solder connections to fixtures. Install
cabinets. Read blueprints, assembly drawings and sketches. Successfully meet customers’ needs.
Work on audio, visual and data projects. Dressing – more... cable.
Build RJ-45. Work with cat5 and 6 cables. – less
Great Company to work for, however, there is now a down turn in the defense economy.
Staff Engineer/Field Engineer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 13, 2014
Great Company. Worked for them for many years. Currently, this company is adjusting contracts and workflow.
Had some good advice from experienced mechanics.
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee), Waco, TXOctober 13, 2014
First job as a sheetmetal mechanic ,so this was some good experience. I learned a lot about heavy structures on P3.
My co-workers and I all became as brothers, we all had a common goal; do the best for our soldiers.
Maintenance Controller (Former Employee), Madison, MSOctober 12, 2014
Pros: the money was great
Cons: being away from family.
This was the first time I worked for them, I was treated as a professional, I was able to draw from my experiences to do my part. My normal day consisted locating the fleet’s aircraft discrepancies and disturbing the work to the Mechanics. Most times parts would need to be ordered which I would provide and receive the parts in a timely manner.
Tightknit group; feels like family
Senior Aeronautical Engineer (Current Employee), Webster, TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere, mutual support. management does all it can to retain workers.
Cons: we are subject to the vagaries of the budget of the federal government.
L-3 feels like family. I was always stimulated and encouraged to move beyond my comfort zone. An exhilarating place to work - plenty of technical meat, plenty to learn.
For good reason, a very highly regarded NASA contractor.
Software development lead for the implementation (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 9, 2014
L-3 is well known for employing only the very best of the available software development pool at NASA/Johnson Space Center.
Good Company
Accounting Manager/Assistant Controller (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: good pay scale
Participative Manager. Directed the Division's accounting department. Outstanding staff. Daily accounting operations. Monthly financial reporting. Annual tax reporting.
N/A
Tactical Debriefer Instructor (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 8, 2014
Seemed more and more like a number than a person. Other than the people you work directly with, it was not a company I would wish to work for again.
Great company. Awesome benifits.
Sr. Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Greenville, TXOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great company, great benfits
Cons: too far from home
Great place to work, but to slow paced for me. Awesome insurance and 401K.
Good work environment but upper management is clueless
Lead Software Engineer, Software Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 6, 2014
there are some really great engineers at L-3 but the company does not value software. They have the attitude that if it can be done in hardware then by no means do it in software, which is completely opposite of how most of the world functions. Their desire is to sell hardware so software is a necessary evil. If you can deal with that attitude then – more... it could be a good place to work. – less
Productive and supportive place to work
PROGRAM FINANCE ANALYST (Current Employee), Camden, NJOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great people to work with as far personality and knowledge.
Support and advise the Program Mananger of all financial matter with their specific programs.

Interact and suppport accounting with audits and JE's.

Support the pricing dept. with proposals.

Customer interaction and reporting with SDRL's, invoicing and contract issues.

Overall Government support.
Teamwork
Lead Instructional Systems Designer/Developer (Current Employee), OKC, OKOctober 2, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Different everyday which makes it a very learning environment and the ability to work as a team with my co-workers.
Stability is key
Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Greenville, TXOctober 1, 2014
Stability is a great thing. The people are great and the management is talented. The work varies and the deadlines are challenging.
Graphic Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: own office, learn new skills, benefits, and pay
Cons: it is military, so not everyone there is an artist.
Working with L-3 Communication is a challenge, but a great experience. You learn the military language and get to know very friendly coworkers. The environment is pretty military. Cafe downstairs is great and you get your own office. You also learn new skills with your coworkers.

1 2 3 4 5

About L-3 Communications

L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations – Read more

L-3 Communications Photos