L-3 Communications

1.1K reviews

L-3 Communications Employee Reviews

Good company, pay, and benefits.
Machine Maintenance Lead (Current Employee), Crestview, FLAugust 30, 2015
Work mainly on the Facilities/Machine Maintenance SAP (Systems, Applications & Products in Data Processing) software system. Troubleshoot and repair process controls for heat treat ovens, chemical treat tanks, paint booths, ID printers, Haas CNC mills, and much more.
not a good place to work
General Aircraft Mechanic / Technical Inspector (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 30, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
L-3 is not an employee company. they constantly show they are in it only for l-3. im looking for a place that I look forward to go every morning.
productive and great place to work
Manufacturing Coordinator (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 25, 2015
love coming to work atmosphere is awesome everyone is so inviting and friendly, always something new and exciting everyday
Great place to work with great people
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Camden NJAugust 25, 2015
Pros: People are great, benifits are great
Benefits were great and the 9/80 schedule is awesome. If you can get a job there do it. Working in the IS department was a great place to be that is for sure.
The ability to learn and work with smart co workers.
Electrician Helper (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: non
The company is outstanding and I have had the opportunity to meet some great people. I enjoy working in the shipyard and learning the different jobs that will be needed at any shipyard job I obtain. I worked hard and I learned a lot. There was no job to hard because I was given the opportunity to learn everything that was needed to make my job easy.
Great Job. Bad Location
Aircraft Mechanic-Electrical (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXAugust 24, 2015
Great job with terrific pay and benefits. Location wasn't great and advancement was nearly non-existent. If you moved this job to a better location t would be tough to leave.
Wonderful Company
Security Escort/Driver (Former Employee), Reston, VAAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Very high compensation
Cons: Stiff guidelines
I was tasked with obtaining fingerprints for foreign nationals, helping them fill out extremely complex forms, and taking them to Ft. Meade for Counterintelligence screenings and polygraphs.
People
Senior Analyst- Operations & Sustmnt Dpmt (Former Employee), RAFBAugust 21, 2015
Pros: L3 cared about us and tried to make things easy for people offste when it came to L3 related tasks.
Cons: I didn't work for them longer
They took care of their people and made an effort to acknowledge them for doing a great job! Management was very supportive and understanding about personal situations.
Good company, hard to advance.
Project Management Analyst & Coordinator (Former Employee), Reston, VAAugust 21, 2015
Strong leadership, great associates; good education benefits, salary adverse. Take care of senior folks but make up for it with low salaries of junior employees.
Difficulties
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Great hours, teamwork and independent work
Cons: Short breaks, not so good benefits, inconsistencies in instruction
My coworkers are great, but it can be difficult to get the job done accurately when the management is not always consistent in what and how exactly they want things to be handled. Often times, frustration builds up and that is always bad when it comes to an environment where teamwork is required.
L-3 communications
Antenna Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 20, 2015
Pros: good benefits, great experiences, competitive pay.
Cons: lack of interest in their employees, favoritism, lack of focus
L-3 communications is a great company to work for, but has some areas that need to be improved.

1. L-3 went through a rough patch and had to layoff about 25% of their employees. after the layoff they have been hiring more and more managers and directors increasing management by a lot. they should be focusing on hiring more employees in operations the people that actually make the company money

2. L-3 has some feeling of favoritism in some areas. making it hard for anyone else to get ahead and improve their skills..

3. L-3's managers some time show that they don't care about you. and don't fight for you or your needs.
Great pay, good benefits
Operations (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Competitive pay
Cons: Management
Fast paced non stop work environment. Can be fun at times, mostly stressful. Management changing, used to be family first, new management changing mentality towards business first, family next. Not happy lately.
MTI
Training Team Lead (Former Employee), Fairhope, ALAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Learning about conformal coating
Cons: Facing critics everyday
MTI was one of my first eye opening jobs that taught me the hard way life and work dont always match.Management consist of my Aunt who held nothing back, family was not family at work.The hard part was expectation, the best part was meeting it.
Great company to work for.
Equipment Specialist/NAS Corpus Christi (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and pay
Cons: Management was not always available or understanding.
Company provides excellent benefits and excellent pay. The hardest part of this job was having to awaken really early to get in line to access entrance into the worksite.
14 years working on the line good and manageable
Supervisor/Lead (Former Employee), Auburn, MAAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Good helpful People willing to help.good benies
Cons: Pay and advancement
Productive fun , Hard long days sometime but felt like part of a team.I learned a lot and was a good experience.Good benefits and company cook outs.
Unique, mission-critical technology
Senior Staff Engineer (Former Employee), Torrance, CAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Close to home. Interesting work.
Cons: The commercial space business is very cyclic.
Travelling wave tube amplifiers fill a mission-critical role in communication satellites.
The manufacture and test of these devices pose interesting challenges.
A friendly work place. Nice and professional instructors, but unstable career as a contractor.
Yemeni - Sana'ani & Adeni Linguist/Instructor (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Fair salary.
Cons: Short notice to leave the company due to government budget cut!!!
Even though it took me one hour to drive to work, but it was worth it. Coworkers were friendly and wonderful people. Management was outstanding and professional. The hardest part of the job I was not sure about my future as a contractor with the company. L-3 can get rid of a contractor in a second. The reason is due to government budget cut. Nothing was hard for me as a Yemeni instructor at LLC. I love what I do. Teaching is my favorite thing to do in life. I enjoyed the year and half that I spent with L-3 @ LLC, Linthicum Heights, MD.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Intelligence/FMV Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits
Cons: Schedule
Great company to work for. The location isn't too bad, but the work schedule was difficult, especially with family. If you could work around that, then it's a great job, with excellent experience.
As a Contractor that supported CCAD it was great.
Supply Tech (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 11, 2015
I love my job. I love shops that I worked in and the people.
I worked as a contractor for L3 Communications and we supported CCAD. But do to contracts no being renewed, I found myself laid off and now searching for new employment.
very few advancement oppertunitys
rf test/debug technician (Current Employee), salt lake cityAugust 10, 2015
advancement opportunities are very limited with little management interaction. the lack of opportunity to advance ones career made it difficult to remain motivated.
Headquarters