L-3 Communications Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,170 reviews matching the search
L-3 was a fantastic company to work for.
Quality Assurance Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 21, 2016
L-3 was a fantastic company to work for and you could pretty much set your own hours, as long as you kept up with the work load.
Pros
Great company to work for, fantastic manager.
Cons
no cons.
Typical Government Contractor
N/A (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 20, 2016
Decent place to work. No air conditioning and no ventilation. Supervisors and leads are good people. Could use some new leadership at the local level.
Corporate contracting
SENIOR JAVELIN INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAJuly 19, 2016
Good company as long as you have a contract. Once the work goes away things get cut throat.

This is a huge corporation and I'm sure that the culture changes drastically from division to division.
Pros
laid back
Cons
busy work
It was a great place to work
Software test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 11, 2016
I enjoyed going into work everyday. I learned a lot from this company.

I came in not knowing any thing about the product but was given ample training.
Pros
People were great
Loved the opportunities given to me with this company
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 7, 2016
I was able to work many years for this company in various offices. When the contracts ran out, management simply found me a new location and new gov't customer.
Pros
Management treated me to lunch upon visits, management provided financial on the spot compensations upon many visits
Cons
Company lost contract thus I had to change companies.
Good palce to work
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 7, 2016
Its a good place to work. The people you work with are awesome. Not to many days over 8 hours. Management is OK, they do what they have to do.
Great Company, with wonderful employees
Logistics Analyst I / Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 7, 2016
I had an absolutely wonderful time working for this company and with the team as a whole. In all my years in logistics this was by far the best group that I've worked with. The commitment to excellence was contagious and everyone embraced it.
Pros
everything about this company and it's workforce
Cons
nothing bad to say.
productive and co-workers were great to work with
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi Naval Air station, TXJuly 5, 2016
kept busy all day
learned about aircraft parts
management was not great
co-workers were great to work with
there was no hard part of the job
enjoyable part was working with my co-workers and learning about aircraft parts
L-3 Summary
Vertex Aerospace COMSEC Manager/Asst (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSJuly 5, 2016
Had a few ethical disagreements with management, but considering the overall, It was a GREAT learning experience. I would have enjoyed getting this ready for DSS review and training new hires, but was not comfortable with some things that were seemingly acceptable. Was relieved when my position moved and account transferred over.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Work Ethics
trainers
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 2, 2016
the trainers a very judgmental and they pick who they like. But working on the floor was great got a lote of hands on and loved it. The trainer i got for the certificates was OK but she picked the ones she liked.
Pros
very hands on fast paced and had lots to do
Cons
trainer was not that good she did not care for a few of us.
Co-workers were all civilian professionals or military personnel and they truly care about producing the best for our United States of America
Configuration/Data Mgmt. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKJuly 2, 2016
Each day had it's routine assignments but each was important because each affected another's quality of life.

I learned that the dedicated men and women who came to learn at Altus AFB were taught by very dedicated men and women instructors and I was a part of the team.

Management trusted subordinates to accomplish their work with excellence. Co-workers respected each other's talents and skills.

The work was a joy each day but the ambient temperature in the buildings were, for me, extremely cool and uncomfortable to the point of layering garments to stay warm: The building was the 'house' for hundreds of computers that had to stay cool to operate properly.

I truly knew I was part of a bigger operation than just what I had to contribute. I truly enjoyed my work.
Pros
The work was rewarding and satisfying
Cons
Ambient room temperature
A fun place to work. It is challenging work but there are lots of good people to help overcome the challenges.
Assembler III (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 2, 2016
It is challenging work. Some of the items we build have never been built before. Others may only be built in ones or twos in a decade. Others we build in volume.
The fun part is the open communication between the engineers, assemblers and other facilitators to create the product.
In a typical day at work, you can expect change, depending on what needs to be built. The day may start by building modems followed by antennas then finishing up with older products coming back for upgrades. Technology is always changing. Some companies are on the leading edge of technology. We are often on the bleeding edge. We build what other companies copy.

What makes this job so satisfying is that we build products that save lives. We have employees that work at our facility because they have worked with our products in field applications and tell us how it saved their life or the lives of a platoon or company. They tell us how they have used our products to save the lives of civilians of the United States of America. When they retired from the military they came and found us. They wanted to be part of a company that builds with integrity.
Pros
fun fast paced work environment, both management and coworker based recognition rewards.
Cons
communication challenges and sometimes long hours.
Fairly good company to work for!
Mechanical Engineer / Data Center Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2016
A typical government contractor where very few employees work at the main office. Most employees work on the Air Force base. Management is fair and responsive.
Great tuition reimbursement opportunity.
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 28, 2016
Typical day consists of opportunities to learn, advance and go to school whilst being employed. I've learned much about electronic circuits, RF components and systems, networking and different aspects of the computer. Management provides with the opportunity to take your own lead, and grow at your own pace, which helps during those learning stages. With flexible hours, and scheduling to meet your rigorous schooling demands, it is a great company to work for.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, decent paid time-off.
Cons
Promotions are hard to come by, and salary isn't competitive.
Nice company with professional employees to work with.
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 27, 2016
Good company with commitment to Ethical Standards. Lots of opportunities to excel your career. Good benefits and incentives for continuing education.
Good
Technician supply (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJune 26, 2016
Good work place, good co-worker, and management, during a typical day at work, the most enjoyable part of the job working HR, was good at their job.
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84116June 23, 2016
I really liked the set hours and stability. I enjoyed working with my direct supervisor establishing new proceedures.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
Performed many different activities; managed mechanics as a DOD Contractor.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 21, 2016
Responsible for the laison between the Army and the Contractor employees I managed. I worked with no counterparts to my job, the hardest part of job was travel to several locations at all Branches of the military. The most enjoyable was being in the lime light of management, I was able to succeed with my abilities, and not get assistance from other personnel in higher management.
Pros
Self Starter
Cons
Long distance travel
Good Ol' Boy Club
IT (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJune 21, 2016
Keep your head down and don't voice an opinion. Do as your told and you'll be ok. Don't cross the good ol' boy club. Keep doing the same process for 20's years ago.
Great place to work. Challenging and Fun.
CSSO (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 21, 2016
Great working environment. A typical work day was 7 - 4 and time always seemed to fly by.
I learned that almost anything can be accomplished with the right attitude, teamwork and approach.
Management was often helpful and encouraging. Letting employees know that they were part of a team.
My co-workers were fun, pleasant and always willing to lend assistance when asked.
The hardest part of my job was leaving for the day. I enjoyed my work so much I would loose track of time.
The most enjoyable part of my job was doing a good job, completing those assignments tasked to me well before any required deadline. And the comradery of my co-workers.
Pros
Work environment, flexible work hours and telework when needed
Cons
Drive to work in traffic