L-3 Communications Employee Reviews

Found 1,888 reviews matching the search
Stay Away!
Electromechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 22, 2016
One of the worst companies I've ever worked for! Management is very unprofessional and unethical. The people in manufacturing are the most hateful and spiteful people I've ever had the misfortune to work with. HR is useless and will not help to resolve any problems. Stay clear of this place!
Pros
decent hours
Cons
horrible management, nasty people, no opportunities for women for advancement.
Changing Work Atmosphere
Aerospace Systems Segment Sr. Security Director (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSNovember 20, 2016
Very changeable work atmosphere. L-3 strives to be tactical to meet customer needs and this requires the workplace to be very adept at rapid change. Not a place for those expecting long-term tenure in one location.
Excellent work place. Excellent coworkers.
inspection, night vision (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 16, 2016
I would strongly recommend L-3 Communication as a preferred work environment. Great management and coworkers. Great hours and fair pay. Advancement opportunities. Strong ethical work environment.
Pros
Hours and people.
Cons
Initally a modeling and simulation technician the a manager
Manager/Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NENovember 14, 2016
I loved the organization at Offutt AFB. I was initially a technician developing mission simulations to satisfy training objectives. Became manager of a 50 person group providing a myriad of services the the USAF
Project Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 11, 2016
I held several positions during my time with L3, and it was the people that made my job a great place to work. I was very proud to work for this company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
no telework
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CANovember 10, 2016
I worked at the Electron Devices division in San Carlos. It started in the 30s if I remember correctly. Amazing workforce with an average tenure of 20+ years.

Unfortunately they are closing this division.
Great company to work with
T-6 COMBS Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi Naval Air station, TXNovember 7, 2016
Great Company. Hours and pay are reasonable and management listened to employees concerns. Safety policies were a big trait and made sure they were followed. I would recommend this company for employment to anyone. Vast opportunities are available worldwide.
Frendly place to work
Principal / Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PANovember 3, 2016
Good place to work. Many challenges and different assignments kept the job interesting. I particularly liked satellite receiver and vehicle tracking projects.
Pros
Monthly department luncheons
Cons
Lip service to quality concerns
Typical Work Day
Senior Business Programming Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 1, 2016
Working within the Facilities Management Department to oversee the successful completion of implementing facilities related projects such as internal reassignment of space, warehouse management, and defining customers' needs for space occupancy.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Mixed bag depending on your division
Electronic Technician III (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 31, 2016
My 1st tier management was amazing but after that it was horrid. Balance was mostly work and less about family. I know other divisions are much better though
Pros
Steady work flow
Cons
Incompetent senior management

Want to know more about L-3 Communications?

Ask a question
Machine Parts inspector
Reciving inspector (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 31, 2016
inspect all machined parts and assemblies,receiving inspection,making sure all documentation is with the parts per government standards and company standards,making sur part's meet blue print standards and mil spec's
Pros
excellent pay great hours and awsome work environment
Cons
laid off
fast paced, customer focused
General Contractor (Former Employee) –  Hunter Army Airfield, GAOctober 29, 2016
enjoyed the job, liked working with fellow employees. management was very customer focused. would have liked to continue on with future contracts contract ended.
Ability to advance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 24, 2016
Lots of changes over the years but overall good company to work for.
Great place to advance your carrier if you a hard worker by moving between various divisions.
productive and goal oriented
Accounts Receivable Lead (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLOctober 19, 2016
Basically, I increased and matured my skills there. It was an great learning experience. The management team I worked for were very intense and goal oriented.
Good Place to Work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 17, 2016
Good Place to Work, good benefits. No Micro Management. would recommend jobs at this company. Great Co-workers. I have learned a lot while working here.
Union and Government
Manufacturing Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 16, 2016
enough said. Was bored during my time here. not challenged enough and work was repetitive through the entire shop. copy paste from other shop review..
Proud to continue to support our armed forces as a civilian.
Assistant Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCOctober 13, 2016
A typical day at work started at 0630 by reviewing the maintenance backlog and planning the day prior to the work force showing up at 0730. Handling any personnel issues and planning on-going training needs. Holding supervisors to high standards and completing the mission expeditiously.
I learned that supply support is key to timely maintenance repair, and that key personnel assignments (supervisors) need to be adjusted to the work load by skill set.
The management team worked well together even under extreme pressure to meet deadlines.
Co-workers became family, working side by side, day in and day out.
The hardest part of my job was having to discipline an employee.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to reward employees for jobs well done, meeting deadlines and going above and beyond expectations.
Pros
We supported the war fighters.
Cons
Benefits were not the best!
See Below
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXOctober 10, 2016
I am going to withhold any commentary due to the terms of my Reduction In Force agreement as to not impact my severance package. I can say that I was well compensated and that the work was interesting.
A once great company now fallen
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2016
Perhaps an average defense contractor company. Inefficient, abundant incompetence at the Dir - VP level, and gloomy cube farm. With that being said a lot of good people there at the manager and below level.
Pros
Good people at the manager and below level, 9/80, straight pay overtime
Cons
Incompetent leadership, gloomy cube farm office, inefficient
A very demanding intense and challenging workplace
Avionics Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALOctober 6, 2016
The volume of aircraft maintained on a daily basis is very impressive. Management is all about work no time for engaging in company conversations about personal life or getting to know fellow workers.