L-3 Communications
1,059 reviews

L-3 Communications Employee Reviews

GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Welder (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 1, 2015
JUST LOVED WORKING FOR THEM, DO WHAT I DO BEST, WELDING. WORST THING IS NEVER KNOWING WHEN YOU WOULD BE LAID OFF. wHEN WORK WAS PLENTIFUL WAS THE BEST PART, WORKING HARD AND MAKING GOOD MONEY.
Productive work environment
Travel Manager - Contract Specific (Former Employee), Madison, MSJune 30, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
The program that I was associated was a classy group of people. Had my job position not moved from MS to TX, I would still be there.
Great Growing Company
Vice President Business Operations (Current Employee), Reston, VAJune 30, 2015
Fast Changing and Growing Company. Great Place to work.
Broad range of products and solutions across a wide range of industries.
think well before enter this company
Field Service (Former Employee), SoutheastJune 29, 2015
Pros: just the pay
Cons: poor healthcare plan, exccesive work shedule at weekends and Holidays
Little room for advancement .only certain whites are promoted and receive big bonus.
Watch out regional and supervisor they do micro management.
could be violations of goverment compliance,they don't – more... tolerate any
dissenting opinion.
They are going through some issues currently that don't appear to be
ending soon.
watch your back with coworkers too many egos.
sure that others locations operate better.
don't believe everything that is posted in the job description. – less
The traveling was fun.
Production Control Clerk (Former Employee), Fairbank, AKJune 28, 2015
Pros: The traveling.
Cons: Being away from family.
My typical day at work was inventory.
I learned where parts went.
Management was easy to learn from.
Co-workers were helpful.
The hardest part was the cold environment
The most enjoyable was the people I encountered.
Could have been better
Sheetmetal Tech (Former Employee), Waco, TXJune 24, 2015
Pros: Good hard aircraft work
Cons: work environment does not foster team work or trust
Working the P-3's was truly a challenge and a rewarding experience. Will not want to work for them at this location again.
L-3 Communications
engineer (Current Employee), salt lake cityJune 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent compensation/benefits
Cons: In Operations no stepping out of your line is allowed.
Excellent place to work at. My reason for looking around for another position is that I am a bit limited by restrictions placed in my department. I want to be able to write code, design circuits, as well as test hardware/software. I am extremely limited in what I can use/develop.
Defintely a new experience
AIRCRAFT STRUCTURE MECHANIC (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXJune 18, 2015
Pros: has a union
Cons: has a union
I did enjoy the fact that I was learning a new airframe, but I had a lot more experience and education than most did there. Was sent to do different job than what I was hired for and got more help from the mechanics in scheduled and unscheduled departments.
Watch your back in Woburn!
Manager (Former Employee), Woburn, MAJune 16, 2015
The CEO loved to party and threw lavish offsite "strategy" meetings for his favorites where the expense reports were, shall we say, not quite consistent with corporate policy.
He did not want any distractions – more... and refused to allow an investigation into the theft of several thousand dollars worth of IT equipment and overlooked other abuses. The HR Director was his henchman and as phony as they come. Smile to your face while plotting your termination.
Unbelievable travel abuse and violations of government compliance.
It may be OK as long as you keep to yourself and do not voice any dissenting opinions to management. Knee pads required!
I'm sure other l-3 locations operate better. – less
Productive and laid back environment that analyzes productivity
LOGISTIC ANALYST/ ACQUISITIONS/ PROCUREMENT (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 15, 2015
Productive and laid back environment that analyzes productivity. They do not micro-manage. They thoroughly train, and you are expected to learn quickly. It was a welcomed challenge.
great educational benefits and management involvement
Network Onsite Representative (Current Employee), virginia beach VAJune 12, 2015
I am responsible for between 5 and 7 naval networks installed on ships and submarines. I interface with the information assurance managers and help develop processes to ensure compliance with DoD and – more... DISA security requirements, track maintenance on infrastructure and architecture.

I also coordinate and work with the military and third party vendors to ensure hardware and software upgrades are accomplished as smoothly as possible, and within all applicable DoD/DoN requirements and specifications.

L-3 has been exceptional regarding the efforts working with the military to ensure I have the latest industry training and certifications required by the DoD – less
Outstanding employees to work with and for.
SLRSC Technical Order Manager/Logistics' Support (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great Supervisors
Cons: Increased cost of Benefits
Managed the contract requirements for TO Development and Logistics end to end process. My co-workers were the most professional and knowledgeable in the business. Dedicated to getting it right the first time. Outstanding Team.
Low work satisfaction workplace
Financial Analyst - LGS Group Level (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 9, 2015
Don't work for this company. Good old boy environment. Has many old retired military men in their seventies. Little or no minorities in exec management level. Only certain chosen white males are promoted and receive big bonuses.
Production/Modification manager
Production/Modification manager (Current Employee), Greenville, TXJune 8, 2015
Pros: oppurtunities
Cons: time management
If you are looking for a challenge then this is it. We regularly dream of the impossible, create systems that seem entirely too complicated and then make it work in some of the most innocent looking platforms. – more... You will work with many different disciplines such as engineers from varying fields to numerous supporting activities, to various artisans. It takes a large team of dedicated professionals to do what we do. – less
Great Place
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Reston, VAJune 7, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Short Lunches
Good organization with friendly people. Management was great. Organization cares about employees and host events to get employees out of the office and mingling.
Spectacular Company
Director of Accounting Operations (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Employee and employer relationship oriented
Cons: None
It has been the utmost professional, compassionate company I have ever worked for in my historical professional career.
Nice people but management is lacking at least for now
Engineer (Current Employee), Waco, TexasJune 4, 2015
Pros: Great people. Work variety. Chances to learn different skills. Flexible work schedule.
Cons: Management. Cost of benefits.
Worked here off and on for many years. They are going through some issues currently that don't appear to be ending anytime soon.
High tech with lots of challenges and opportunities.
Electromechanical assembler (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahJune 2, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: Sequester really slowed work volume.
Everyday a challenge. Lots of opportunity for self improvement and learning new skills. Good team players and supervisors. Latest technology. Never boring. Time went fast.
Really enjoyed working here!
Aircraft Painter (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJune 2, 2015
They are a great company I had an amazing boss and great coworkers. The company always took great care of its people. I used my military experience prep and painting several different Army helicopters. I made and applied stencils as well as providing some touch up painting on aircraft and parts.
Structured contract work
Supply Technician (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: working hours
Cons: advancement
Navy contract keeps veterans in a sense of service. CBA benefits are good and atmosphere is outstanding. With such job security people stay for a lifetime which stops majority of advancement possibilities

1 2 3 4 5

About L-3 Communications

L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations – Read more

L-3 Communications Salaries