L-3 Communications

L-3 Communications Employer Reviews

Busy place to work at
Controller (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAMarch 30, 2015
Interesting place to work at . Lots of personnel issues but overall a nice place. The division was collapsed as there were too many in the DC area.
Hard work and dedication is rewarded
Program Manager (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Small tight knit group of profesionals
Cons: Diminishing pipeline
I was promoted several times over the last five years. The work is challenging. Compensation is good, time off is great, health care plans aren't the best. Generally the people that work here care about what they do and do their very best day in and day out. TCS was a very successful small business that was purchased by L-3. They have maintained their small business atmosphere but that is eroding as more and more corporate directives remove the local authority and decision making. Leadership changes have led to a change in culture and a movement away from customer focus to inward management focus.
Exciting place to work.
Business Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: One week paid time off during Christmas.
Cons: A long distance to drive if you live closer to Dallas.
L-3 is a great place to work. The company contributes to the local community, and provides a significant number of jobs. It has been around for a long time, and entire families across generations have worked there. It offers great benefits, and people tend to stay for a very long time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety and the since of pride everyone shares.
Very Busy not enough time in the day.
Planner (Current Employee), Wilmington, MAMarch 22, 2015
A typical day at work is to try to get to that day's work. I have learned allot about what i make and the company it's self. All new management changes 4 times in the past 2 years. Co-workers are very good people and love working with them. Hardest part of the job is that we are so understaffed we just can't keep up. The best part of the job is being with people you enjoy working with as a team and accomplishing what we need to get done.
Good to work for
SYSTEM ENGINEER (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: review
Cons: review
Was on Contract and good company to work for.
Management and coworkers are very nice.
Lots of coworkers are on Contract and is the way to go if you are not sure to be perm. or not.
Working hrs. was flexible.
respected employess, had employee activities and awards
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Park City, UtMarch 21, 2015
Pros: awards for year service, christmas party, gift certificates for jobs well done, paid really well
Cons: human resources
Great place to work ,excellent and knowledgeable work force .Management had a difficult time, and we had some recalls in or products which cost the company large amount of money. which in turn resulting in 1800 people being laid off because of the cost of these errors. Absolutely love the job and all the large responsibilities placed on me. But was one of the casualties of the company mistakes.
My experience and knowledge
Personnel Security Administrator (Former Employee), Reston, VAMarch 20, 2015
This company prepared me on everything I know about security. It was an enjoyable work place and the managers were always there to help.
good environment and flexible work schedule
Finance Internship (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 20, 2015
Good work environment. Company has government contracts and the typical red tape associated with working with the government. A good company for an individual looking for a long lasting career.
Peers are great. the work itself is good. management is horrible!
Worker Bee (Current Employee), Westwood, Tulsa, okMarch 20, 2015
Pros: employees are really great people
Cons: Management has run this place into the ground. Bullies!
The Tulsa office is well known for having the worst management. Bullies! They don't want anyone to have a personal life. They're every other Friday off is a joke, so is having a full weekend off. Unless they rid this division of all upper management I wouldn't recommend this place at all. Employee moral is non-existent.
No comment.
Concurrent Engineer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 19, 2015
Hardest part of the job is very limited opportunity for the advancement due to the fact that new company strategy relies on the sustainability rather than new progress and development.
Productive and fun
Mechanic II (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: job security/ the unknown
Productive and educational.
Aviation management and logistics
overall approachable
hard worker and always willing to learn
Job security
Hanging with and helping co-workers
Locally: Great teams to work with for prior military
Project Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great personal time off (pto) and federal holiday benefits
Cons: short term contracts
At the local level in servicing contract awards, the contracted teams assigned to Department of Defense (DOD) agencies do a great job in servicing the customers and contracts. They usually gain the contract renewals. Most all members sitting with the customers are federal security cleared, hold formal degrees and certifications and easily align with their customers' culture and working environment.
government job
Production Control (Current Employee), Nas Corpus ChristiMarch 13, 2015
Material expeditor,suppling parts from shop to shop. Production control was the main function of my job. worked 3rd shift
A Safe and secure place to work.
Material Control Handler/Receiving (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: work security
Cons: contract
A very straight forward place to work in, with a mix of cultures, and management. Somewhat stressful environment, because of working side by side with the customer. Pay is considerably good.
Well equipped work area. Great company to work for.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 10, 2015
I worked a temporary 3 month contract as an Electronic Technician and the work was very interesting. I learned how to do environmental testing and used my existing skills as an Electronic Technician to test, document, and repair devices to the board and component level. The co-workers and management were great. I'd like to work there permanently.
Friendly and self motivated environment
Regional Production Assisstant (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: sedentary
A typical day at work is answering questions from traveling road teams and balancing the man hours (production/productive)

I enjoy the peace and quiet

Hardest part of job would be staying on top of the numbers
A great place to cut your teeth on!
Program Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 9, 2015
It’s an open-ended workplace that allows everyone to join into the day-to-day madness of how a smaller company needs to be run. Each individual needs to be able to wear many hats. If you’re the type of person that only wears one type of hat, this is not for you.
Has to work right the first time
Avionics Test Technician (Current Employee), Mason, OHMarch 9, 2015
Pros: every other friday "off"
Cons: no advancement potential
Fairly good place to work. Errors are attempted to be understood instead of quickly laying blame and moving on. Worker class folks are pretty friendly and want to do their job well.
Only L3 member in shop for 6 months then got laid off.
Maintenance Trade Helper (Former Employee), Corpus ChristiMarch 9, 2015
Cons: job security and advancement
You operate industrial washers, utilize steam pressure, degreaser solution, and required solvents to remove dirt, grease, corrosion and paint from a variety of aircraft, aircraft/ engine parts, assure nicks, burrs, and rust pits are removed. Determine proper sequence of cleaning processes and time exposure of parts required to avoid possible damage to parts and meet required degree of cleanliness and overall acceptability. Mix chemicals and cleaners in solutions and charges pressure pots.
productive
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Mason, OHMarch 8, 2015
Pros: star awards
Cons: no room for advancement
Very Busy work days
I have learned so many things about the hardware that goes into space.
The company has a lot of Management.
I have some co workers that work very well with me and others who do not want to make any other effort to help anyone.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with so many different aspects of the job.

The best part of my job is that I get to interface with so many great customer. I have learned so much about the Aero Space industury the function and how just one little detail can cause sometime not to work or even cause a person to lose their life.

1 2 3 4 5

About L-3 Communications

L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations – Read more

L-3 Communications Photos