L-3 Communications Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,153 reviews matching the search
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84116June 23, 2016
I really liked the set hours and stability. I enjoyed working with my direct supervisor establishing new proceedures.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
Performed many different activities; managed mechanics as a DOD Contractor.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 21, 2016
Responsible for the laison between the Army and the Contractor employees I managed. I worked with no counterparts to my job, the hardest part of job was travel to several locations at all Branches of the military. The most enjoyable was being in the lime light of management, I was able to succeed with my abilities, and not get assistance from other personnel in higher management.
Pros
Self Starter
Cons
Long distance travel
Great place to work. Challenging and Fun.
CSSO (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 21, 2016
Great working environment. A typical work day was 7 - 4 and time always seemed to fly by.
I learned that almost anything can be accomplished with the right attitude, teamwork and approach.
Management was often helpful and encouraging. Letting employees know that they were part of a team.
My co-workers were fun, pleasant and always willing to lend assistance when asked.
The hardest part of my job was leaving for the day. I enjoyed my work so much I would loose track of time.
The most enjoyable part of my job was doing a good job, completing those assignments tasked to me well before any required deadline. And the comradery of my co-workers.
Pros
Work environment, flexible work hours and telework when needed
Cons
Drive to work in traffic
Loved the people I worked with
Invoice Analyst (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 20, 2016
Hard work but I was able to wear jeans and listen to music on headphones all day. Very little phone work as they actually prefer emails so we can prove tracking and results. It was hard work but fun. Monday mornings the queues in our 'buckets' were full but we had a couple of days to process invoices for payments, find discrepancies and send the invoice in question to audit. AT&T entities has 6 portals I had to visit each week and pull invoice copies to send to the billing company. I received 6 aging spreadsheets per week that had to be worked. This included requesting credits be moved to another account, requesting missing invoices, etc.

The most enjoyable: the people I worked with and the casual dress atmosphere.
Pros
Good people, casual dress, listen to music on headphones
Cons
Hard to get hired on a permanent basis
Great Company
Aircraft Mech (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 16, 2016
All around excellent company to work for. From management to taking care of us during travel they were great. I've work for multiple contractors and they were one of the best.
Pros
great management, benefits, security, and travel packages
Very Productive and well organized, good company to work for.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJune 15, 2016
I have been working for contractors since 1997, and I really enjoy working for L-3 Communications. The management team is excellent and my co-workers are fantastic. It is a good place to work, I recommend this company to everybody.
Pros
Excellent working atmosphere.
Cons
The driving distance to come to work every morning
Stable work in a contract-rich industry
Sr. Training Developer/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXJune 14, 2016
Great opportunities all over the country for full-time contract work. This company has proven its commitment to career development as the opportunity to move laterally and/or advance is clear. There is a lot of expertise present in the company, so there is no shortage of support. There is a bit of a continuity deficit among each of the sites. The culture at each location differs greatly; Therefore, some locations' benefits outweigh others. And although there are typical management issues you can be sure to find in most companies in the industry, it is a pleasant company to be a part of.
Pros
Job stability, constant workflow, advancement opportunities
Cons
Some micro-management, leadership complacency
Wonderful Company
Sr. Buyer/Planner III/SBLO (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CAJune 8, 2016
Typical days are very busy.
Learned Small Business development
Good management vision, with exciting opportunity for advancement.
Wonderful co-workers, I will miss them all.

The hardest part is the fact that the company is closing for good.
Pros
Cons
Company is closing
Good Job, Bad Leadership
Aircraft Mechanic I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 2, 2016
Civilian component of the Navy's Training Squadron; Work and run through the whole shift, Extension of that which I learned to do in the Navy. No advancement due to being a bottom dweller; In the line division, Navy or Civilian, no one works harder than the individual themselves; Best thing was the pay
Pros
Great Pay, Potlucks, Build on the previous Naval Knowledge
Cons
Betrayal, Backstabbing
Great Job for a contract type position
Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  TaiwanMay 23, 2016
This company is a great company to work for with excellent benefits. I worked for L-3 for many years and had a great working relationship with the management as well as the other employees. Would have loved to continue working for this company but I was unfortunately a contractor and the contract ended.
Pros
Travel, benefits
Cons
short term positions
dictator management
Facilities Maintenance/ E,H&S (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAMay 21, 2016
Stay away from this company. Management is very confrontational. They monitor employees on CCTV through out the facility. Can't Trust management.
Pros
Cons
bad management. good old boy mentality
This a great company to work for...
Jr. Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMay 18, 2016
Competent and reliable professional, committed to top quality work
Versatile and multi-skilled person
Resourceful in solving problems and maximizing resources
The staff is full of Enthusiastic, dependable, self-motivated
The company is skilled in handling the public with diplomacy and professionalism
•Excellent hand and eye coordination and a safe work record
•Demonstrated ability to adapt to new equipment & technology
Government benefits / Great employees and atmosphere
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2016
Maintained a nationwide database containing employment data information for the U.S. Department of Labor
Analyzed and collected company’s payroll information
Displayed proper client support techniques in communicating with different levels of management
Utilized special software applications to calculate distinct information
Received inbound as well as completed outbound calls as means of communication with clients
Produced 85% or better collection and response rate for eight consecutive months
Pros
Goverment Benefits
Cons
Parking
If you work hard and keep your head down you will be successful
Engineer (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 15, 2016
Great place for a first job. You learn a lot of tribal knowledge skills that you would not learn at your typical first job. You will learn how not to do it before you learn how to do it. The business strategy could be improved and because it hasn't there has been a large amount of turnover at the admin level. The location and people are definitely not for everyone. I enjoy what I do and have been given a large amount of projects that test my abilities and if I could choose this company for my first job again, I would.
Pros
good first job
Cons
poor management, aligned business strategy is non-existent, benefits and pay are below average.
I have been there 25 years and they have been great to me.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 11, 2016
Times are really slow in this industry.
Unfortunately our contract expired and there was no work. Many of us were put out on furlough, that will be followed by lay off.
Benefits and pay are good. Many lessons learned.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Government contract work is difficult
Waiting for work
Electromechanical Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLMay 4, 2016
Sat around for the longest time waiting for work or a lay off. It got to the point where you didn't know who you could trust anymore.
Good government contracting positions
Engineering Technician Level IV (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 1, 2016
Learned government work which involved secret clearance to complete tasks. Worked with 6+ different CAD packages to fix drawing for document control.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
location
Versitile, Challanging, and great people
Computer Analyst 4B (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXApril 25, 2016
Verify online environment first thing every day. Self motivated for my responsibilities. The entire Mainframe environment responsibilities. Liked helping with projects which allowed more IT experience as with Servers and Phone system. Special new business acquisition.
Pros
Best work environment, management support, like challenges
Cons
None.
Helicopter Mechanic
Bell 206 / AH-64 Apache Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALApril 23, 2016
I worked here for over three years. The pay is quite high for the area of living I was in. Overtime is a regular thing whether you want to or not. Management not the greatest.
It's a job.....
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 22, 2016
Nothing good to say, so I'll leave it at that. It brings a paycheck home, but there is no proactive management at this company.
Pros
Cons
lots

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L-3 Communications. Our community is ready to answer.