L-3 Communications Employee Reviews

Money oriented only
Electronic Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 27, 2017
Too bad they are relocating Sarasota and Alpharetta locations after 50 years--seems all they care about is profits--even though we have been profitable for years here--upper management wants more
Pros
good vacation time
Cons
healthcare too expensive--too high deductable
Excellent company
Field Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 25, 2017
I would recommend working for L3 Vertex to anyone. This is a company that understands how to treat their people and the task at hand. The pay and benefits are on par with most other companies.
The best placeto work
Equipment Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Coprus ChristiSeptember 23, 2017
My experience here was awesome, pay was ok and could have been more for the work I was performing but other than that I loved It.
My bosses were pretty good to.
Pros
Great hours, decent pay, great benefits
Cons
contractor not permanent
L3 is a very good company to work for overall.
SME Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Biggs Field, TXSeptember 22, 2017
The site I worked at had a lot of turn over on employees and management also the lack of experienced Technicians made for a very long and difficult work schedule.
Pros
A lot of good sites to choose for employment with L3
Cons
This site needs help
good place to work
Quality Inspector Class 3 (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 22, 2017
enjoyed working there relaxed atmosphere. good pay. worked 4 10s had a really good supervisor.great people to work with. team work was very good. they have very good products
Pros
lots of work
Cons
layed off
Quailty Consious, Fast Paced, Flexible
Assembler / Final Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at L3-Communications. I worked in a number of different departments over the years and advanced my career a lot during that time. Good training and Quality focused. Cross training was done with the worked in mind. If a job on the line didn't work out another place was found that worked better with employee. Team oriented even during times of high production.
Aircraft Mechanic I (Current Employee) –  Mayport, FLSeptember 21, 2017
They do not want to write up grips that you see unless it is in on the cards. Good vib due to the co workers. Do not know where or what you are working on the next day.
Pros
good personnel
Cons
What needs to get done first.
Productive and fun to work at.
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2017
L-3 Communications was a great company to work for they paid well and treat their employees with fairly and respect.Manager and employees were very respectful and courteous.
Pros
Lay back
good job
Flightline Mechanic / Sheet Metal Work (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 20, 2017
worked on p-3 replacing wing skins. how to work in side wing removing and replacing parts, controlling the air where I worked. getting in and out of wing
Level3 still hanging in there
Senior Network Developer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 19, 2017
I was one of the early employees. My job basically ended when there was no more right of way to get. They made it extremely hard on me to stay at Level 3, treated more as a secretary than a Network Developer.
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2017
L-3 communications is a good company. The management is very active. They response and solve the problem very fast. Employees have all the benefits like health care, vacation, sick leave, paid holiday....
good place to work DoD work
System Administrator/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJSeptember 13, 2017
Good place to work if you do DoD type work, security clearance needed. Hardest part of the job is having the patience to deal with government red tape.
Everyday was a good day and long hours.
Principal Prod Planning & Control Spec. 4B (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Everyday was a good day. I learned how to drive the auto scrubber. my manager was very cool and I enjoy being on his team. My co workers was ok, we got along good. The most enjoyable part of the job seeing a finish product completed on time and on budget.
Pros
Cons
Great IPT Teams
L-3 was a great place to work at.
Senior Reliability Engineer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 12, 2017
Prepared and completed S-Band Mobile Array Telemetry (SMART) Reliability Evaluation Plan, Maintainability Program Plan and System Safety Program Plan. Provided a Radar Refresh System Safety Program Plan.
Pros
There were good people who I worked with.
Cons
No benefits since I was a consultant.
Relatively slow pace with fun coworkers
Level 3 fabricator (Former Employee) –  Ayer, MASeptember 11, 2017
Most of the time it was slow paced but there were times when we had a heavy work load but it made it easy when people were easy going and fun to be around. Some of the jobs were merely impossible with the time given but they were done at the best of our ability.
not a bad company
Subject Matter Expert III (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 9, 2017
I did enjoy working for L-3, they have a lot of extra benefits that were nice. Get use to changes to continually happen, most of this won't really effect you but there was always some corporate change.
A good place to work
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXSeptember 9, 2017
It is a good place to work. They have good benefits, good work culture, and good management in general. A typical work week for an engineer is 40 hours but they sometimes require overtime for several weeks at a time.
Pros
401K, Good benefits
Cons
Job training was a little haphazard
Great mnagers to work for always busy nevwer bored
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 7, 2017
excellent company - all around
enjoyed working with managers and executives were down to earth and not snooty
employee morale was exceptional
i would let friends know it is a great place to work
Pros
all hands meetings, pot lucks<amazing hr
Cons
gossiping
Good Company
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 6, 2017
I've learned a lot and gained many technical skills working for the company. They have great benefits and pay. The only thing that I didn't like about the company and working in the field is that I get moved and deployed oversea a lot, so life is tough when you have family.
Pros
Pay, benefits and travel
Cons
Get moved around and have no life.
good
Sr. Production Master Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 6, 2017
love working here.
great experience..• Cross-trained to perform all tasks within a manufacturing cell from external site transition of mature products to pack and ship of finished products.
• Member of the Digital Module assembly team responsible for production of modules for the Aegis Weapons Program.
• Duties included scheduling work for entire team, i.e. assembling, inspecting, and testing conformal coat and shipping. Reporting work area progress to supervisors and representatives of the Navy and Moorestown facility
..................................................................................................................................................................................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L-3 Communications. Our community is ready to answer.