L-3 Communications Employee Reviews

Found 1,206 reviews matching the search
A good place to learn and grow both as an employee and as an individual.
Logistician 1 (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 14, 2015
I was allowed to perform my job with minimum supervision. While the job could be challanging, work environment was enjoyable.
Pros
Flexibility when needed.
Cons
Contract was for 5 year increments with no salary increases during that time.
No reliable employment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 17, 2016
I loved working for this company. The benefits could have been better but not bad. Great retirement plan and great guys to work with and around. The only thing is, and this is with any government contractor, is that you have no idea whether your gonna have a job from week to week.
Pros
Great environment to work around (Military)
Cons
Impossible to tell whether your gonna have a job from week to week
Great compensation, no job security
Continuous Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityAugust 25, 2016
Typical day changed based on President's directive. Executive leadership is non-cooperative when dealing with each other so every organization is silo-ed. Business struggles to move forward, they only succeed because they have a monopoly on the product, which is quickly changing. Co-workers were great.
Pros
Gym on site, great compensation
Cons
No job security
L-3 Communications was a great place to work!
Instructional Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 5, 2015
* Working for a government contractor offers a great opportunity for a civilian to gain exposure to government work!
*Great 401K
Hostile work environment
Mechanic C (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJuly 28, 2016
A typical day at work included non stop harrassment which led to poor morale and work performance. I learned very little at L3. The management was profit driven w/ no concern for personal circumstances. My co workers seemed afraid of management. Hardest part was dealing w/ the general attitude that I was dispensible and had no true knowledge of my job. I enjoyed very little during my time.
Welcome to Kindergarten again
Electrical/Electronics Assembler (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXOctober 17, 2015
Treat people like children. Micromanage every minute of your day. One of the worst working environments of my life. Can't recommend them to anyone.
Pros
Benefits good
Cons
Extremely oppressive work environment
poor management
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCApril 3, 2015
Management is unprofessional at best. They talk poorly of the employees to other employees. No confidentiality whatsoever.
They promote bad aircraft maintenance practices.
Promotions are not done according to company SOP, but rather by good ol' boy network.
When a employee asked for proper PPE to deal with known carcinogens, they were told the PPE wasn't needed and to do the job without it.
I learned that to advance or stay employed with them, you must compromise your integrity and perform aircraft maintenance that is substandard, and not IAW the technical manuals.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with the immaturity level of the management, from leads on up. Most were people with absolutely no management training and they treated the employees extremely poor.
The most enjoyable part of the job, was quitting time.
Pros
a few good people among the crowd. Benefits were good in comparison.
Cons
lack of professionalism, integrity, training, ..on and on….
Good Company
Senior Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 12, 2015
It's one the best companies I have worked for since the beginning of GPS. Has good benefits and health plus dental coverage.
L-3 Summary
Vertex Aerospace COMSEC Manager/Asst (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSJuly 5, 2016
Had a few ethical disagreements with management, but considering the overall, It was a GREAT learning experience. I would have enjoyed getting this ready for DSS review and training new hires, but was not comfortable with some things that were seemingly acceptable. Was relieved when my position moved and account transferred over.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Work Ethics
This a great company to work for...
Jr. Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMay 18, 2016
Competent and reliable professional, committed to top quality work
Versatile and multi-skilled person
Resourceful in solving problems and maximizing resources
The staff is full of Enthusiastic, dependable, self-motivated
The company is skilled in handling the public with diplomacy and professionalism
•Excellent hand and eye coordination and a safe work record
•Demonstrated ability to adapt to new equipment & technology
Loved the opportunities given to me with this company
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 7, 2016
I was able to work many years for this company in various offices. When the contracts ran out, management simply found me a new location and new gov't customer.
Pros
Management treated me to lunch upon visits, management provided financial on the spot compensations upon many visits
Cons
Company lost contract thus I had to change companies.
Hard work and dedication is rewarded
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMarch 29, 2015
I was promoted several times over the last five years. The work is challenging. Compensation is good, time off is great, health care plans aren't the best. Generally the people that work here care about what they do and do their very best day in and day out. TCS was a very successful small business that was purchased by L-3. They have maintained their small business atmosphere but that is eroding as more and more corporate directives remove the local authority and decision making. Leadership changes have led to a change in culture and a movement away from customer focus to inward management focus.
Pros
Small tight knit group of profesionals
Cons
Diminishing pipeline
Great Company, with wonderful employees
Logistics Analyst I / Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 7, 2016
I had an absolutely wonderful time working for this company and with the team as a whole. In all my years in logistics this was by far the best group that I've worked with. The commitment to excellence was contagious and everyone embraced it.
Pros
everything about this company and it's workforce
Cons
nothing bad to say.
Overall an enjoyable place to work
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 27, 2016
I enjoyed working for L3, I would still be there if my school and work schedule had been more compatible. Most of the time they were able to show they valued their employees. I was allowed to be very independent on what I choose to work on.
Pros
Great clean work environment
Cons
Some job responsibilities were very repetative
On call Crytologic instructor
Cryptologic Linguist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 1, 2016
Performed duties as an on call Crytologic language instructor. Travel to a location to supervise and train English speaking members in a classroom settings. Provided high level language training utilizing the current events, country economics, government, military and international affairs.
DC Government Contractor
Proposal Support (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 17, 2016
Your typical government contractor in DC. They had good talent in the group I worked with years ago and they were respectable, dedicated, individuals. They worked very hard to tackle big projects.
Pros
corporate culture, lots of job opportunities
Cons
If you were on a client site they were a typical paycheck company
Good Job, Bad Leadership
Aircraft Mechanic I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 2, 2016
Civilian component of the Navy's Training Squadron; Work and run through the whole shift, Extension of that which I learned to do in the Navy. No advancement due to being a bottom dweller; In the line division, Navy or Civilian, no one works harder than the individual themselves; Best thing was the pay
Pros
Great Pay, Potlucks, Build on the previous Naval Knowledge
Cons
Betrayal, Backstabbing
Stay away from Linkabit division!!!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 9, 2016
Had an awful time working for this company, specially after the new VP of quality joined and 75% of the staff quit because of her attitudes and the QA manager behaviors. No respect to anyone. Everyone reported her to HR and nothing changed. Stay away from this division!!!!!
Pros
Coworker
Cons
Worst place to work for
Very Productive and well organized, good company to work for.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJune 15, 2016
I have been working for contractors since 1997, and I really enjoy working for L-3 Communications. The management team is excellent and my co-workers are fantastic. It is a good place to work, I recommend this company to everybody.
Pros
Excellent working atmosphere.
Cons
The driving distance to come to work every morning
Fun place to work
production manager manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHDecember 19, 2015
Poor management. If you ask for help you will just be ignored and told to figure it out.
Being a hiring manager it was nice to have free rein on what I could start people at for pay, meaning I didn't have to hire bottom of the barrel help from Massachusetts and southern NH.
Worked 60 plus hours a week on new programs with little to no gratitude.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours including weekend days