L-3 Communications Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,153 reviews matching the search
Good place to work. Good compensation and benefits.
HR Consultant / Generalist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2016
Provide professional HR guidance with employee relations, corrective and disciplinary actions. Provide assistance with on-boarding, new employee orientation, process new hire documents, data entry in HRIS, prepare correspondence. Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations.
Pros
Professional environment.
Cons
Job security.
Great Company
SR. CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 16, 2016
In addition to this, I have extensive experience in proposal management, document review and mark-up, negotiations, and command an understanding of FAR, DFAR, and CPARS. As someone who is dedicated to providing the highest quality of service at all times, I am always intimately involved in a project, and oversee and manage it until both I and the client are completely satisfied.
Job was challenging.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXSeptember 1, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed my job. Being able to keep my head down and do my job was the best part of my job. Well paid and great benefits.
L-3 Communications
engineer (Current Employee) –  salt lake cityJune 19, 2015
Excellent place to work at. My reason for looking around for another position is that I am a bit limited by restrictions placed in my department. I want to be able to write code, design circuits, as well as test hardware/software. I am extremely limited in what I can use/develop.
Pros
Excellent compensation/benefits
Cons
In Operations no stepping out of your line is allowed.
Great Benefits
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 17, 2015
For the length of time I worked with this company, they have offered the best medical, dental and retirement benefits. There are many jobs to choose from. They also win the bid of contracts so that you wont feel threated for employment.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
strict procedures
The people are great!!
Trainer IPC / J-STD-001/ Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 9, 2015
I have been with this company through many changes. It definitely changed as it was bought out by bigger companies but the most enjoyable part of the job is the people I interacted with everyday. The company used to be more people oriented but lately it seems to be more about the numbers. Not a lot of room for advancement in many positions.
Pros
Free snacks, soft drinks, coffee, decent salaries, Great Coworkers
Cons
Amount of management and politics
A supportive atmosphere with caring coworkers
Configuration Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CAMay 14, 2015
L-3 Communications taught me the value of utilizing Configuration Management practices for all aspects of a project. Starting from a known baseline and progressing to the desired new state sets the stage for successful upgrades to any system.
Pros
Excellent benefits package.
Cons
Government contracting is strongly affected by the federal budget.
Good Job, Bad Leadership
Aircraft Mechanic I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 2, 2016
Civilian component of the Navy's Training Squadron; Work and run through the whole shift, Extension of that which I learned to do in the Navy. No advancement due to being a bottom dweller; In the line division, Navy or Civilian, no one works harder than the individual themselves; Best thing was the pay
Pros
Great Pay, Potlucks, Build on the previous Naval Knowledge
Cons
Betrayal, Backstabbing
I greatly enjoyed working there.
material handler (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 8, 2016
It was a great place to work. Clean, friendly people, interesting work, and helpful management. Opportunities to be involved in other departments. Learning experiences, such as extra training outside the company. Meetings to update employees on company's progress in the labor market and new innovations.
Pros
Enjoyable atmosphere, accessibility to supervisors.
Cons
Short time employment, layoff.
Great Job for a contract type position
Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  TaiwanMay 23, 2016
This company is a great company to work for with excellent benefits. I worked for L-3 for many years and had a great working relationship with the management as well as the other employees. Would have loved to continue working for this company but I was unfortunately a contractor and the contract ended.
Pros
Travel, benefits
Cons
short term positions

Want to know more about L-3 Communications?

Ask a question
Poor overall treatment by mangement, of the people who know how to do the work, rarely if ever, respond positively to suggestions.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 8, 2015
Management is poor, very little room for advancement, too many egos. Spend a lot of time repairing someone else's mistakes, then wind up getting blamed for the original problem.
Pros
Salary
Cons
too much politics
Large campus, great supervisor
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2016
My role as Executive Assistant was based on data entry. Updating software licenses using Excel and LANDesk along with searching for software prices. My supervisor was great to work with. I learned how to use LANDesk. The hardest part of the position was the drive.
Versitile, Challanging, and great people
Computer Analyst 4B (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXApril 25, 2016
Verify online environment first thing every day. Self motivated for my responsibilities. The entire Mainframe environment responsibilities. Liked helping with projects which allowed more IT experience as with Servers and Phone system. Special new business acquisition.
Pros
Best work environment, management support, like challenges
Cons
None.
Very Productive and well organized, good company to work for.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJune 15, 2016
I have been working for contractors since 1997, and I really enjoy working for L-3 Communications. The management team is excellent and my co-workers are fantastic. It is a good place to work, I recommend this company to everybody.
Pros
Excellent working atmosphere.
Cons
The driving distance to come to work every morning
A Good Old Boys Club
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 9, 2015
If you are a female, I would not apply here. They definitely favor the men over the women. I was required to work as many or more hours as my colleagues even if I had already completed my work in a shorter amount of time. I'm sure part of this was a ploy to bill the Customer (US Government) more billable hours, but this is only speculation. The compensation and the benefits were really great. Right after I was laid off, 4 other female Project Managers were also laid off. We were all given compensation (to my knowledge) if we signed paperwork saying we would not sue. Pretty shady.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
not for females, terrible management
Outstanding employees to work with and for.
SLRSC Technical Order Manager/Logistics' Support (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 10, 2015
Managed the contract requirements for TO Development and Logistics end to end process. My co-workers were the most professional and knowledgeable in the business. Dedicated to getting it right the first time. Outstanding Team.
Pros
Great Supervisors
Cons
Increased cost of Benefits
Nice people but management is lacking at least for now
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waco, TexasJune 4, 2015
Worked here off and on for many years. They are going through some issues currently that don't appear to be ending anytime soon.
Pros
Great people. Work variety. Chances to learn different skills. Flexible work schedule.
Cons
Management. Cost of benefits.
Very good
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 16, 2016
A good company to work at. Very career building, a lot of lessons learned. I enjoyed working good managers who took time to incentivize my work and allow flexibility as needed.
Pros
Close to home, career building
Cons
Hurt by competition
Locally: Great teams to work with for prior military
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 18, 2015
At the local level in servicing contract awards, the contracted teams assigned to Department of Defense (DOD) agencies do a great job in servicing the customers and contracts. They usually gain the contract renewals. Most all members sitting with the customers are federal security cleared, hold formal degrees and certifications and easily align with their customers' culture and working environment.
Pros
great personal time off (pto) and federal holiday benefits
Cons
short term contracts
Structured contract work
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 1, 2015
Navy contract keeps veterans in a sense of service. CBA benefits are good and atmosphere is outstanding. With such job security people stay for a lifetime which stops majority of advancement possibilities
Pros
working hours
Cons
advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L-3 Communications. Our community is ready to answer.