L-3 Communications Employee Reviews

Found 2,035 reviews matching the search
Bad Management
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 3, 2017
Got laid off with around 50 people due to the fact they said they didn't make enough profit. Only made 25 million instead of 30. Then they turned around and reposted jobs of the people laid off. Reapplied and never even got a call.
Pros
Cafeteria
Not A Place For African Americans To Work
Data Analyst Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 1, 2017
The people in Management are very racist, and showcase their racism without thinking twice about it. Some people are very nice and some people are extremely rude.
Pros
Cons
Management, Traning Is Horrible
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Kingsville Naval Air Station, TXApril 1, 2017
L-3 Communications treats their employees well. I got hired there after completing my enlistment in the US Navy. They put me in a work center where my skills as an Aviation Electronics Technician/Aviation Electrician are put to optimal use.
OK place to work.
Senior Technical Writer/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 30, 2017
A typical day at work was sitting in a cubicle. Management was OK. Pretty OK workplace culture. Hardest part of job was dealing with all the governmental regulations. Most enjoyable part was working with co-workers.
productive and a great place to work
system integrations technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 29, 2017
Awesome work place always someone there to help if needed. Great teamwork and management. Advancement opportunity available, and so much room to grow
Was looking forward to retiring from this Company. Until our union went on strike.
Assembly Technician/Quality Inspection (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAMarch 28, 2017
Was a great place to work. I had an elite job. Manufacturing and Quality depended upon me. People's lives depended on me. It ended sadly after we went on strike. Even after I crossed the line. Everyone wanted my job. I was injured by another employee who then remained working there after I was forced out.
Pros
Medical, dental and vision
Cons
Short breaks, nepatism, Collective bargaining agreement.
Aircraft Mechanic - Hydraulics, Structures (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 27, 2017
Good place to work, but very slow with pay raises. Management
typical for the industry competent but with a couple of jerks mixed in
Hardest part of the job was dealing with multiple layers of inspection.
Good coworkers.
Pros
heath care good coworkers
Cons
inspection process and bad managers
Senior Financial Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMarch 27, 2017
Management was clear on its directions, I did not stay long enough because this was a contract Job and the project ran out of funds.

People were professional and honest.
Productive and fun to work for
Component Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSMarch 25, 2017
L3 is a excellent company to work for and I recommend it for any one to work there. I have worked here for almost three years now and I love it and the work environment is amazing
Review
Division Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSMarch 24, 2017
Not comfortable commenting. The hours are extreme, the culture is evolving from a strict military style to a everyday business environment. Lower level management is not valued

Want to know more about L-3 Communications?

Ask a question
Productive family oreinted work place
Procurement Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSMarch 23, 2017
I wake every morning excited to go into work to solve issues and create an a successful relationship with coworkers. I have learned a lot working at my current job and would recommend anyone to apply.
productive
Accountant I (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 23, 2017
overall good place to work. learned many different accounting functions. can be a stressful place to work. good people to work with. under new management.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
new management
I should probably not comment here.
Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Milton, FL 32570March 22, 2017
My comments are rather unwelcomed. My unwillingness to comment is based on how tired I am of re-experiencing the events. I say work there at your own risk.
To long ago to rate
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  China Lake, CAMarch 21, 2017
I had this job years ago, and I don't want to make a unfair review based off limited recollection. The work wasn't to difficult, but could be monotonous. People seemed nice and the working environment wasn't bad.
My boss is awesome
Contract Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 17, 2017
Overall, L3 is not a bad place to work. The people are friendly, my boss was very professional and courteous to my needs. The only issue I have with L3 is they do not have enough work for contractors.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough work for contractors
It is a changing, challenging and exciting place to work
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLMarch 16, 2017
good people make a great company, I enjoy the company of my fellow employees. They are a good bunch of people from diverse backgrounds. The experience levels and knowledge base of the employees is unmatched
Pros
help to schooling
Cons
sometmes the traffic is bad
Great company & most people were great to work with
Service & Repair Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 15, 2017
Always loaded down with work, days went buy fast.
Learned to be a line lead of anywhere between 3 & 12 other co-workers depending on the work load.
Good company sometimes I wish I was still working of them.
One co-worker was difficult to work with.
Pros
Clean enviroment
Cons
One difficult co-worker
Structures Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Waco,TXMarch 15, 2017
When I worked at L3 in Waco,TX O always had plenty of work. The last year I was there the work slowly dried up and management didn't get any contracts in so I was eventually laid off. L3 in Crestview.FL was the best place I've ever worked. Plenty of work and great people and management. I works there 8 years but do to family problems I left L3 Crastview
Pros
Great people and location
Cons
No overtime
Coworkers were Fantastic
Document Control/Configuration Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 14, 2017
I loved my time here as a temporary employee. I was here for a year and a half. I has hired on permanently, but left shortly after because of low pay.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Low Pay
Good experience, hard to move up, lots of management layers
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 13, 2017
Each division operates a little differently. There are some great divisions in L3 and there are some "ok" divisions in L3. I worked for an "ok" one. Management is all over the place with direction and employees were constantly confused on priorities, responsibilities and who they reported to. Company personnel changed greatly over a 5 year period with 4 major layoff, along with high level employees (directors, program managers, etc) routinely leaving for positions (sometimes better and sometimes lateral) at other companies. Engineers strived at the division I worked at while other professions suffered.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L-3 Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval