L-3 Communications Employee Reviews

Found 2,172 reviews matching the search
Good experience
Contracts-Subcntracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 10, 2017
I've been with the company over 10 years and I've had a good experience. I've learned a lot but there have been a lot of recent changes. I would recommend this company
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Micro management
Great Place to work for depending on contract or position
Information Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2017
I loved my time as a security analyst for this company while it had its contract with DISA. Due to family reasons I did not extend my contract with the new company that gained the contract. If you ever get the opportunity to work in the position I filled you should take it and hold on with both hands it was great.
Very Boring place to work
Multi Discipline Assembler (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJuly 8, 2017
Not much to do there very boring if you have no work they make you sit in the caf I did not like it I like fast pace work I would not recommend to work there if you are lazy that place is good for you
Pros
1/2 hour breaks
Cons
poor management
Changes job title to pay you less.
Mechanic1 / Welder (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 5, 2017
This company was okay at most. They changed job titles along with the site supervisor to make the all workers paid the same. People with certifications were paid less.
Pros
Stock options are about all a cane say
Cons
Cutting hours to 39 weeks per pay period so they could line their pockets
Big Military contractor
Aircraft Structures Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJuly 5, 2017
The work is slow shifts around 10 hrs just steady.I learned a lot about sheet metal.Most days full of clean as you go,which i understand.Lots of aircraft to work on. The Problem is not the work,work is work.The problem that i see is their Management.Zero and i say again Zero people skills.Especially when there Management staff stand at the lunch room door looking at their watches,then your face as you enter and leave ,and that,s literally daily.While two Managers stand inside the lunch room while you eat looking at their watches.Their not the easiest company to work for.
Pros
Big Military contractor
Cons
Bad people skills in management
hard work with long hours but worth it
Lead Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2017
be prepared to work and work hard. however the job you do is highly paid and you will be happy in the end with what you are doing. lots of travel but lots of room for advancement
It was a good paying job place
Planner (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJune 30, 2017
It was fast paced days at work and good pay. Management was a little more to be desired but were good to work for. I enjoyed working with the customers and planning the parts for the different customers..
Pros
great pay
Cons
Benefits and management ethics
Good Pay
Aircraft Electrician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJune 30, 2017
Projects consisted of routing wire harnesses to their respective locations, and then terminating those wires with connectors. We received 3 breaks, two ten minute breaks one 30 minute break. The pay was consistent, raises were consistent, Paid time off was plentiful. The management left something to be desired.
OK place to work
Preventative Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIJune 30, 2017
Decent employer, raises are hard to come by. Management can be fickle, but, all in all not the worst company to work for. They have excellent benefits.
Pros
Nice hours
Cons
Working with Gov't.
good job
Flight Line Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 29, 2017
I enjoyed my job, i was a mechanic working on aircraft, until i step into the management field. the hours got longer and the days of more pressure. i enjoyed the pressure, it was the travel of every month gone from home. I was gone sometimes 3 weeks out of 4 , then turn around and come home and find the management team sending you out again, when we have 5 other manager who are suppose to have the chance to go.
Pros
good job
Cons
travel to much
IT Role
Help Desk Specialist, Level II IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 29, 2017
Not enough resources and to much quotas to do the job provided. The people were great but there were a lot of hurdles to over come. It was good for a chapter in life.
productive work place,in house advancement.
Aircraft Painter/Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 28, 2017
Available advancement with in the work place,training towards job performance,given on the job training given,very safe working environment.very good supervision.
Pros
comp time given, 1 hr lunch breaks, in house promotions
Government
SURVEY DATA TECH (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2017
The work environment is very structured and the goals for the day, week and month are well explained. Management keeps you well aware of any upcoming changes. A great perk was having ALL government holidays off.
Pros
holidays
Cons
rigid structure
Nice place to work - good benefits
SPECIAL PROJECTS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 27, 2017
Typical day at work starts early but ends early. Casual work environment and requires compliance to standards for working with electronic products and standards in place. Made some life long friends and a pleasure to work with positive people.
dangerous work
CH-47 Maintenance Mechanic/Flight Engineer (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSJune 26, 2017
I did a contract job in jalabad afghanistan. As far as afghanistan goes this is not a bad location. Rocket and mortar attacks were frequent and the gate was attacked by a car bomb.
Good learning tools
Sub-Contracts (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSJune 26, 2017
Constant shift of work. Duties and processes not clearly defined. Good environment, very close helpful groups. Often free lunches and gatherings in review of accomplishments.
Good fun work place
Aircraft Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 22, 2017
great place to work always looking out for each other work is great always about safety first. good pay good management. great company to work for. l3
Good company, can't fault their purchase of Crestview Aerospace
Aircraft Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJune 22, 2017
The company in general is nothing to complain about. The work was always plentiful for the first year after their purchase of Crestview Aerospace, but after time the work started hemorrhaging and going elsewhere.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Fear of layoffs (at L3-Crestview Aerospace)
Not a stable company to work for
Avionics Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 20, 2017
L3 Communications pays their employees well. However, their is no career reliability in the field I work in as an Aviation electrician and mechanic. Always scared to go to work and find out I have been laid off.
Pros
good Pay
Cons
job reliability
Productive and fun place to work at
ALL MEDIA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 20, 2017
Great colleagues, good team dynamics, drive and enthusiasm exists in key departments and changes are coming into play with a clear strategic direction from the top down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L-3 Communications. Our community is ready to answer.