L.L. Bean, Inc.

L.L. Bean, Inc. Employer Reviews

Takes care of employees
Modeling Analyst (Current Employee), Freeport, MESeptember 5, 2014
Pros: positive culture, deep employee discounts, employee store
Cons: lack of communications and collaboration between departments
Balanced approach to business. Profitability, customer satisfaction, and employee experience are all vital parts of the giant equation that makes this century-old company so great!
I love working with people through the years
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEAugust 27, 2014
Pros: it was wonderful working with the llbean family
Working for LLBean was a type of Job that you look foward to going to work every day my team mates were like family to me and working with customers from all over the world was a joy, The hardest part of my job was retiring,
L.L. Bean
Camp/Travel Sales (Seasonal Help) (Current Employee), Freeport, MEAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, huge moral for employees
Cons: none so far.
I have worked in many different types of retail. Working for this company is beyond incredible. A very relaxed environment even on those rainy days we love so much. Constant communication is going on for all departments which brings less confusion for employees and customers. Even on "bad days" associates are always helpful and friendly.
Powerful Company Due to World Class Customer Service and Respect for Staff
Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: employee discount, great atmosphere, opportunity for growth
Cons: weak health benefits and average compensation
L.L. Bean is a prestigious retail company based out of Maine expanding as far south as Virginia and as far west as Illinois. Known for exceptional customer service and high quality products for a fair price. No matter what L.L. Bean channel you go through it's the same experience and every Bean store, outlet, and office has the same laid back, action-oriented, – more... family style atmosphere. – less
L.L. Bean
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Freeport, MEJuly 24, 2014
I enjoyed my time at L.L. Bean I was a hard worker. One must adapt to changes in the work place as it is always changing. If staff was short I was willing to help with the work load.
L.L.Bean
Department Manager of Operations (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 22, 2014
Great company to work for. Over 100 years of world class customer service.
awesome place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Bangor, MEJuly 16, 2014
take customer orders from the best customers in the world and have the best work environment I've ever seen. Only down side is its seasonal
a really good place to work
Packer, Pack Support (Former Employee), Freeport, MEJuly 8, 2014
Pros: the employee store
Cons: ....it is in maine, in winter.
A typical day at Beans begins at about 7:30 A.M. with greetings and preparations for the 8A.M. shift. If packing, I sign on the computer I will be using, then fill the tape machine with water, stock flyers and other material to be included with each order, prepare, stock and clean my workspace. At 7:55 I punch in on the computer and begin packing the – more... customers' orders as the material comes down the chute. I continue this throughout the day. Correcting errors, inspecting the materials, Keep the paperwork together with the orders. During the day, if I am pack support, I circle the 1/4 mile pack line with cardboard, bags, tape, flyers and my attention to each packers need.
This includes many packers from cultures far different than my own. I think that because Beans is committed to diversity in the workplace, I have had the opportunity to work and support and respect those whose lives have been very different than my own.
I give credit solely to the leaders, administrators and executives of this company for my own life enhancing experience.
I love my co-workers. Having, by personal circumstance, to move from Maine to Washington State I miss each of them personally.
The hardest part of this job while packing, is ATTENTION in a very busy, fast moving workplace. When support...I loved doing support. It even kept me in shape!
The best part of that job, hands down, are the people who work there. – less
Best atmosphere ever
Outdoor Discovery School Department Manager (Former Employee), South Barrington, ILJune 20, 2014
Pros: team atmosphere, room for advancement, great benefits
Cons: haven't moved out west yet
An amazing place to work, with an amazing team backing you up. Great culture, 100% authentic, I miss it every day! If I didn't relocate to a place without an LL Bean, I would have loved to transfer.
Worked during Christmas rush
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEJune 12, 2014
I worked at the Lewiston call center during Christmas peak hours. It was busy but very pleasant.
Material Handler (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Freeport, MEApril 29, 2014
Pros: decent pay, good benefits, lots of opportunities to get involved.
Cons: very competitive as far as advancement.
Most people at L.L.Bean enjoying working there. It's a great atmosphere and culture. Management is very professional. This particular job is not hard at all other than not being challenging enough for me. I really enjoy being part of this great company with a rich history and a focus on extending the best customer service.
Seasonal FCH / OFC Material Handler / PIT Operator (Current Employee), Freeport, MEApril 24, 2014
Don't work for this company. Their management sucks, a blind stupid monkey would be better at their jobs.
Great seasonal position
Seasonal Monogram/ Hooping Operator (Former Employee), Freeport, MEApril 22, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: laid off too soon
Great staff, break regiments, coworkers, assignments, commute, policies, safety... wish it was a permanent offering!
A good place to work, is fast paced.
Low Bay Picker (Current Employee), Freeport MEApril 3, 2014
I will strongly recomend LL Bean. If you are looking for a fast pace work place, LL Bean is the place.
This is a great place to work, but it is only seasonal
CSR (Former Employee), Bangor, MEMarch 31, 2014
Pros: pay, always opportunity for help or extra training.
Cons: seasonal
I absolutely loved working for LL Bean. They take care of their employees just as they do their customers. The only reason I do not work there anymore is because it was seasonal and not enough for me at the time. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Best job ever!
CSR3 (Former Employee), Waterville, MEMarch 24, 2014
Pros: bonuses, employee store, great culture
Cons: cant think of any
Wonderful and friendly place to work. Great customers and products . Competent and caring management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was taking inquiries on paper during power outages .
The most enjoyable part of the job was the wonderful customers and coworkers ! Great company with great pay and benefits !
I loved this job and cannot wait to return if possible
Warehouse Single Packer (Former Employee), Freeport, MEMarch 17, 2014
Pros: safe and friendly work site.
Cons: had to walk quite a distance to the break room
First thing in the morning, all workers go to the first floor of warehouse to find out their daily assignment and which line they will be working. Go to the work area assigned, fill supplies that are needed for the shift (invoices, labels, tape, boxes, and shipping bags). 8:00 the shift begins. Twice during the day we had exercise breaks which helped – more... a great deal in making the body used to the standing for up to 8 hrs between am and pm. The management and co-workers were all super nice and very helpful and motivating to all of us packers. They made us feel that we were important, they wanted us to succeed and made sure we were all set with our daily routines and always asked if we needed anything to make our jobs easier.
This employer just received their forth straight profit year in a row and have given their full time workers a 8% pay raise. – less
QA
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Freeport, MEMarch 4, 2014
L.L.Bean is an American privately held mail-order, online and retail company. It specializes in clothing and outdoor recreation equipment. Project was Begin check out. The Begin Checkout project will provide added security for llbean.com customers. Begin Checkout will be introduced in the checkout flow and will be viewed when the user clicks Checkout – more... from the Shopping Bag or Gift Boxing Summary. – less
Productive and fun workplace in the biggest mall of the east coast
Stock/Sales/Seasonal (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks, free food some days
a typical day at work at L.L.Bean:

Management would rotate me from sales to stockroom because I am very flexible. If the floor was busy I would be out making sales with customers and standardizing product as I went. If the floor was not that busy I would work in the stock room. I worked during the Christmas season, so everyday I would break down their – more... shipments. we would get 1 too 6 pallets of shipment daily. I would unpack it all store it in the appropriate holding place or directly to the floor if needed. while keeping the room clean and organizing everything as management asked. I would also help my manager out with returns if she needed me too. I would take the trash out and help out with anything I could.

I learned how a retail store really works and functions. I learned how to use their computer system for helping customers find what they want. I also learned a lot about their store culture.

the hardest part of this job was when I was doing the shipments by myself.
I enjoyed helping customers find what they want. I enjoyed the vibe and work I did in the stockroom. – less
Family work place
L.L. Bean Representative (Former Employee), Skokie, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: excellent, and nice boss
Cons: monotonous work
I would work with customers everyday, which really sharpened my communication skills. The management was truly phenomenal.

1 2 3 4 5

About L.L. Bean, Inc.

With L.L. Bean, you can tame the great outdoors -- or just look as if you could. The outdoor apparel and gear maker mails more – Read more