L.L. Bean, Inc. Employee Reviews

Friendly, Supportive and a great work culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 19, 2017
I learned that I am very good at talking to customers and helping them through their order process and how to help a customer with a difficult situation. I enjoyed helping them choose colors, styles and the products that would best fit their lifestyles. The data entry was easy to learn and easy to maintain. I enjoyed the fast paced work environment and left the day feeling very satisfied. I very much enjoyed getting to know my work colleagues and my supervisors at LL Bean.
Great seasonal opportunities
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MEFebruary 14, 2017
Great seasonal opportunities and pay is better than I anticipated. Everyone is always upbeat and fun to work with. Management is incredibly vocal about accomplishments and good work.
Boring work place
Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHFebruary 6, 2017
People did not seem like they liked to come in for work. The hardest part of the job was talking to customers that had issues and became angry. I usually let management handle it.
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEJanuary 31, 2017
The job had great people to work with. The hours were based around anticipated busy times. They had great benefits. Would Work there again if the call center was still in town.
LL Bean Review
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Haven, NYJanuary 27, 2017
This is an overall good company to work for. Great co-workers, extremely organized, flexible hours. Aren't required to work holidays.
Great work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJanuary 26, 2017
I loved working for L.L. Bean, all the staff is very friendly and willing to lend a helping hand at anytime. Well informed employees willing to answer any customer question.
Great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYJanuary 23, 2017
The products are great and I enjoy talking, selling, and using them. All of my fellow employees, managers, and supervisors are great and I enjoy working with them!
Pros
Discount, Great managers
Cons
Either very busy or veru slow
Excellent work envirnment and employee support
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJanuary 21, 2017
Comprehensive orientation and ongoing support. Employee autonomy in customer service, excellent product. Promote safety an proper ergonomics. Employees' are happy in their jobs.
Pros
Employee support and belief in product being sold
BI Tester/BO Developer (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MEJanuary 18, 2017
It is good place to work with new technology. Learn a lot in the company. Environment is friendly. Team is helping a lot to each other. And hour are flexible for all.
Fast paced. Good people
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MEJanuary 11, 2017
I started out overnights and eventually was transferred to day shift.I was responsible for pricing items that were ordered online and being shipped. We got a stretch break every two hours. The hardest part of the job was the commute.
Pros
Good advancement opportunities. Employee discounts
Cons
long commute
Dependable job with many opportunities to learn different skills
Mechanical Maintenance Technician I (Current Employee) –  Freeport, MEDecember 29, 2016
L.L.Bean is a good company to work for that has provided fair pay, dependable hours and very good benefits over the years. They have a generous employee discount on their products, an employee store where we can buy returned items at extremely discounted prices. A "use" room where we can borrow any of the outdoor equipment that L.L.Bean sells. They also provide a very good retirement package that is unusual for a retail company.
Pros
Good benefits, fair pay, safe work environment
Cons
They don't hire many full time employees any longer.
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJDecember 11, 2016
The typical day here at L.L. Bean is sometimes very slow due to not much people shopping at malls due to online shopping. However, working at L.L. Bean is a great experience. Managers are very friendly and are willing to work with the employees if there are some changes with the employee's schedule. Great teamwork and corporate is giving you 401K if you are either part time or full time. The only hard part of the job is trying not to have too much fun. Great work environment and you will be treated as a family.
Pros
Great work environment, job culture is amazing, pay is great, co-workers are amazing
Cons
Fun place, good work-life balance
Senior Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MENovember 22, 2016
Great place to work, hard to advance without shifting to management. Good work/life balance, good benefits, the employee store and use room were great things to have.
Pros
Employee store, use room, fun colleagues
Cons
No windows in my office.
Great Brand
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 18, 2016
LLBean is a great brand with a great story and heritage. The brand itself is growing the retail side of its business as it positions itself as a omni channel outdoor lifestyle brand. As with any growth comes change and the retail side of things is experiencing a great deal of change. Hopefully, things will become less complex with time and those that are hired to do their jobs will then be empowered to do just that.
Pros
If you love the outdoors the culture of the brand is a good fit
Cons
No direction and structure at the store level, Some things overly managed and more important things are completely overlooked.
Really Rewarding Experience
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 11, 2016
I really enjoyed working for L.L. Bean it may sound like a boring camp supply store but the people who work there are a pleasure to work with. I still regret having to leave them due to not getting enough hours, but overall its a fun and challenging place to work.
Pros
20% Discount
Cons
Not Enough Hours
It was pretty chill
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAOctober 25, 2016
Basically my first for-profit job. It was a good experience, mostly because of their crazy return policy. And you get a pair free boots as an employee.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ME 04101October 25, 2016
Answer phones, track orders, place orders. It's pretty well structured and very little pressure. All the benefits are available
Pros
Employee store
Cons
strange hours
Cooperative work culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 20, 2016
Customer Service number one priority, safe environment, open door policy, advancement possibilities, business involvement with community, employee benefits of working at L.L.Bean, on-site gym, health programs.
Number company to work for.
Picker (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MEOctober 8, 2016
I absolutely loved working for this company for 13 years. Great Benefits and awesome pay.
Very friendly coworkers and I also learned how to be able to multitask in this very fast pace environment. I also learned how to get customers orders out accurate and in a timely manner.
Management was fair and friendly.
The hardest part was being a leader and making sure employees did there job right and if not had to fix there mistakes also working 10 hour days.
Pros
Great Benefits and Great pay
Cons
During peak working 60 to 70 hours a week
Excellent
Advertising (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MESeptember 21, 2016
LLBean is an excellent company to work for and offers both a local Maine culture and a global footprint. Be ready to jump in to outdoor activities. Cheers to a cold winter.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L.L. Bean, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval