L.L. Bean, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Picker, seasonal (Current Employee) –  Freeport, MEDecember 10, 2017
Everyone is so friendly there and its a wonderful place to work with great benefits for seasonal employees. The supervisor is amazing! she comes around every morning and says good morning. They have lots of activities all the time for motivation and bonding.
Operations/Return Lead (Former Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 7, 2017
An excellent place to be employed. Staff is knowledgeable and helpful. The culture is pretty much like it's homely home place of Maine. Great motto, great people.
Low Bay Picker (Temp. Holiday Position) (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MEDecember 5, 2017
I wish I could have got a full time permanent job instead of seasonal but I liked the company.

I would go in get my scanner and paperwork that had the lists of items to gather and then find items in the warehouse .Gather and scan those items. Management was great to work for! Some of the regular workers that weren't management were a little snobby because they were permanent employees and they were not always friendly and did not make the seasonal workers feel welcome. The company and management were great people to work for!
Pros
Discounts & pay
Cons
Seasonal
Best Work Environment.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MEDecember 3, 2017
I highly enjoyed working with L.L.Beans. Its a judge-free workplace and every employee is very kind to one another. The company works with your schedule and strives to make you feel as comfortable as possible.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MEDecember 2, 2017
Good place to work only the pay was not good for me and i was also studying my Manufacturing class from 8am to 3pm after the school i used to go straight at work from 4pm to 1am
Pros
No lunch
Cons
Health care
Love L.L.Bean
SALES REPRESENTIVIE (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 1, 2017
Truly love working at L.L.Bean, wonderful environment, great people, and awesome customers. I love to monogram and truly connect with the customers every day.
Very fast pace working environment.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MEDecember 1, 2017
As a seasonal position I had an opportunity to see how the company runs. Many co-workers from other countries was interesting to meet and get to know. The pay was low, but I was glad to have had the experience at LL Bean.
Pros
Nice cafeteria.
Cons
Standing on cemented floors.
One of the best places to work in the country
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MENovember 28, 2017
Amazing work environment, great people, bountiful opportunities to rise and succeed. I have never work at a place like this. I do plan on coming back next fall.
Pros
Taco Tuesday, Sales
Cons
Team Leaders
It was fun while it lasted
Customer Service Representative (CSR1) (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 27, 2017
The company culture, management, and co-workers were great. I loved working there. If the call-center hadn't closed I'd still be answering the phones.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Moved
Excellent
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MENovember 20, 2017
It was a fun place to work. You never knew who you would be speaking with.

The work is fast-paced and you are required to reach a specific number of calls per day.
Pros
Good working atmosphere
Cons
Full timers took precedence with working hours when necessary
Positive & fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MENovember 17, 2017
Positive & fun place to work. Incentives for compliments. Not only is the workforce pleasant but supportive too. The customer base is also comprised of happy & satisfied people.
Pros
Discounts & employee store
Cons
Mostly only hire temporary positions. Hard company to become permanent. at.
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative 1 (Former Employee) –  Portland, MENovember 15, 2017
I enjoy working PT in the LL Bean Call Ctr taking orders. It's seasonal so I get a break. Great staff, great employees to work with and for! Looking forward to returning in 2018.
Pros
Employee Discounts and Employee Store
Cons
great if you meet the job requirements
Boat and Tote Closer (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MENovember 13, 2017
solid work week, stable hours. Full time. Good benefits
Not for everyone, lots of injuries, but they do have a health clinic that takes care of the injuries.
managers are good except one.
safety is a priority.
Home Agent Temporary position
Customer Service Home Agent - Temporary (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ME, Home Agent, worked from homeNovember 13, 2017
Great work atmosphere while training at call center. Excellent training program and trainers, great backup information paths for all to use. Once trained, I worked from home for my position. Always able to connect with call center/Resource Q and Product specialist for assistance to assure customer requests were completed. System worked well with my home agent position, great connections. LLBean has an excellent culture and would love to work full time for them. Unfortunately, my position was full time/part time temporary position. Great return customer base, enjoyed helping them create orders and clarify information requests.
Pros
Home Agent position, no travel. Always able to connect with Customer Service center for needed information
Cons
More consistent hours, temporary position
This was a good company to work for. I have been with this company for 19 years
Processor (Current Employee) –  Freeport, MEOctober 26, 2017
It was a great place to work.

They have great benefits, good hours

I had no issues with the management, I was able to learn computer skills and became cross trained in several areas of the company.

I have retired from this company after 19 years
Amazing job
Picker (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MEOctober 22, 2017
Very nice management
Hardest part of the job was 3rd shift
The most enjoyable part of the job was the amazing discounts
Easygoing workplace environment
Comfortable shoes highly suggested
Pros
Discount, benefits, amazing workplace environment
Cons
3rd shift is hard to stay awake to
Great Outdoor company that breathes their brand and allows all associates to learn and become active in all brand activities
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 7, 2017
Excellent balanced work and personal life work place. LL Bean wants all associates to be the brand by taking part in their outdoor adventures. LL Bean made you part of the culture while driving the sales and operations of the business through their people. and ongoing training programs.
Pros
learning outdoor adventures
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 5, 2017
good company , Not enough hours for everyone except for one month a year. they offer a lot of benefits like health classes and care about employee health.
Pros
Nice People to work with and for.
Cons
seasonal, not enough hours
Good
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MEOctober 2, 2017
This was just a part time temporary job, but was good. I took a job here when I first moved to Maine because I knew a lot about hiking. It was a good job, but I was still looking for something hire paying.
Project Manager - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Freeport, MESeptember 20, 2017
The work is interesting,O got to work with the latest in technology, the people are great to work with and management does a great job balancing work needing to be done and the people there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L.L. Bean, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.