L.L. Bean, Inc.

L.L. Bean, Inc. Employer Reviews

a really good place to work
Packer, Pack Support (Former Employee), Freeport, MEJuly 8, 2014
Pros: the employee store
Cons: ....it is in maine, in winter.
A typical day at Beans begins at about 7:30 A.M. with greetings and preparations for the 8A.M. shift. If packing, I sign on the computer I will be using, then fill the tape machine with water, stock flyers and other material to be included with each order, prepare, stock and clean my workspace. At 7:55 I punch in on the computer and begin packing the – more... customers' orders as the material comes down the chute. I continue this throughout the day. Correcting errors, inspecting the materials, Keep the paperwork together with the orders. During the day, if I am pack support, I circle the 1/4 mile pack line with cardboard, bags, tape, flyers and my attention to each packers need.
This includes many packers from cultures far different than my own. I think that because Beans is committed to diversity in the workplace, I have had the opportunity to work and support and respect those whose lives have been very different than my own.
I give credit solely to the leaders, administrators and executives of this company for my own life enhancing experience.
I love my co-workers. Having, by personal circumstance, to move from Maine to Washington State I miss each of them personally.
The hardest part of this job while packing, is ATTENTION in a very busy, fast moving workplace. When support...I loved doing support. It even kept me in shape!
The best part of that job, hands down, are the people who work there. – less
Best atmosphere ever
Outdoor Discovery School Department Manager (Former Employee), South Barrington, ILJune 20, 2014
Pros: team atmosphere, room for advancement, great benefits
Cons: haven't moved out west yet
An amazing place to work, with an amazing team backing you up. Great culture, 100% authentic, I miss it every day! If I didn't relocate to a place without an LL Bean, I would have loved to transfer.
Worked during Christmas rush
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEJune 12, 2014
I worked at the Lewiston call center during Christmas peak hours. It was busy but very pleasant.
Material Handler (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Freeport, MEApril 29, 2014
Pros: decent pay, good benefits, lots of opportunities to get involved.
Cons: very competitive as far as advancement.
Most people at L.L.Bean enjoying working there. It's a great atmosphere and culture. Management is very professional. This particular job is not hard at all other than not being challenging enough for me. I really enjoy being part of this great company with a rich history and a focus on extending the best customer service.
Seasonal FCH / OFC Material Handler / PIT Operator (Current Employee), Freeport, MEApril 24, 2014
Don't work for this company. Their management sucks, a blind stupid monkey would be better at their jobs.
Great seasonal position
Seasonal Monogram/ Hooping Operator (Former Employee), Freeport, MEApril 22, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: laid off too soon
Great staff, break regiments, coworkers, assignments, commute, policies, safety... wish it was a permanent offering!
A good place to work, is fast paced.
Low Bay Picker (Current Employee), Freeport MEApril 3, 2014
I will strongly recomend LL Bean. If you are looking for a fast pace work place, LL Bean is the place.
This is a great place to work, but it is only seasonal
CSR (Former Employee), Bangor, MEMarch 31, 2014
Pros: pay, always opportunity for help or extra training.
Cons: seasonal
I absolutely loved working for LL Bean. They take care of their employees just as they do their customers. The only reason I do not work there anymore is because it was seasonal and not enough for me at the time. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Best job ever!
CSR3 (Former Employee), Waterville, MEMarch 24, 2014
Pros: bonuses, employee store, great culture
Cons: cant think of any
Wonderful and friendly place to work. Great customers and products . Competent and caring management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was taking inquiries on paper during power outages .
The most enjoyable part of the job was the wonderful customers and coworkers ! Great company with great pay and benefits !
I loved this job and cannot wait to return if possible
Warehouse Single Packer (Former Employee), Freeport, MEMarch 17, 2014
Pros: safe and friendly work site.
Cons: had to walk quite a distance to the break room
First thing in the morning, all workers go to the first floor of warehouse to find out their daily assignment and which line they will be working. Go to the work area assigned, fill supplies that are needed for the shift (invoices, labels, tape, boxes, and shipping bags). 8:00 the shift begins. Twice during the day we had exercise breaks which helped – more... a great deal in making the body used to the standing for up to 8 hrs between am and pm. The management and co-workers were all super nice and very helpful and motivating to all of us packers. They made us feel that we were important, they wanted us to succeed and made sure we were all set with our daily routines and always asked if we needed anything to make our jobs easier.
This employer just received their forth straight profit year in a row and have given their full time workers a 8% pay raise. – less
QA
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Freeport, MEMarch 4, 2014
L.L.Bean is an American privately held mail-order, online and retail company. It specializes in clothing and outdoor recreation equipment. Project was Begin check out. The Begin Checkout project will provide added security for llbean.com customers. Begin Checkout will be introduced in the checkout flow and will be viewed when the user clicks Checkout – more... from the Shopping Bag or Gift Boxing Summary. – less
Productive and fun workplace in the biggest mall of the east coast
Stock/Sales/Seasonal (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks, free food some days
a typical day at work at L.L.Bean:

Management would rotate me from sales to stockroom because I am very flexible. If the floor was busy I would be out making sales with customers and standardizing product as I went. If the floor was not that busy I would work in the stock room. I worked during the Christmas season, so everyday I would break down their – more... shipments. we would get 1 too 6 pallets of shipment daily. I would unpack it all store it in the appropriate holding place or directly to the floor if needed. while keeping the room clean and organizing everything as management asked. I would also help my manager out with returns if she needed me too. I would take the trash out and help out with anything I could.

I learned how a retail store really works and functions. I learned how to use their computer system for helping customers find what they want. I also learned a lot about their store culture.

the hardest part of this job was when I was doing the shipments by myself.
I enjoyed helping customers find what they want. I enjoyed the vibe and work I did in the stockroom. – less
Family work place
L.L. Bean Representative (Former Employee), Skokie, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: excellent, and nice boss
Cons: monotonous work
I would work with customers everyday, which really sharpened my communication skills. The management was truly phenomenal.
Wonderful place to work.
Tagging and shipping (Former Employee), Freeport, MEFebruary 3, 2014
I love working for L.L.BEAN, the managers, Superiors and the employees are very amazing people. I always look forward to coming to work, the only thing is the rode that's very dangers sometimes to drive to get there but the warehouse is worth driving for seeing very friendly, kind and full of joys. I have worked for L.L.Bean for 3 years all seasonal.
fun and productive work place
material Handler (Former Employee), Freeport,MaineJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: management always thanked you for a job well done, . and you could leave the building for breaks for 1/2 hour
Cons: its was seasonal position
management was great ,learned to cut cases there way and how to use the stocking gun
Production
Single Packer (Former Employee), Freeport, MEJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches. rewards often. breaks often. always work to be done.
Cons: short job season
LL Bean was overall better than expected, especially for a seasonal position. A typical night (3rd shift), I would either work on left over second shift work, but the most the time third shifts work. Getting a cart full of products, and ensuring quality packaging taping and folding when needed. Several times at the end of my shift I was able to assist – more... in other departments and sometimes in the midst of my regular work if the volume was there.
I learned to do many other jobs and push my limits when I thought I no longer had any. I always learned new things daily and they welcomed my ability to do so.
My management team was experienced, knowledgeable and well season throughout the company. Even when they were new to the shift or department it seems they were fully trained, just as a seasonal employee is.
My co-workers were from many backgrounds and ethnicities. I really enjoyed working in such diversity. It was interesting to learn the different cultures and languages. I had fun both during work and on breaks with some of the happiest people I have met in life. I still have contact with many of my previous co-workers and look forward to seeing them every season forward.
The hardest part of the job was being in such a fast paced environment. There were so many jobs I wanted to learn!. There is one job they have a belt that moves entirely too fast and makes you really dizzy at first, but once you start going in the job it's exciting to see how you much you are able to keep up.
The most enjoyable part of my job was//is how welcoming everyone is. I really enjoyed working with a group of people that were "happy" to be at work and welcomed us newbies with their hearts!
LL Bean also was always concerned to our safety. They made it very clear as to how and when you are to do/not something. I enjoyed the small breaks of ergonomics to keep healthy. – less
Fun workplace with great benefits
Seasonal Sales Representative (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJanuary 18, 2014
flexible work schedule, supervisors and co-workers were great to work with. great discounts for employees
productive and a positive work enviroment with a focus on safety
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Brunswick, MEJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: thank you from management for good work
Cons: meeting our goals during high season (peak)
inspecting the quality of the logos embroidered onto LLBean products for direct to business customers. I have learned the high standards of this company that cares about their customers as well as their employees..I have met and made a lot of good friends at this job. Working with someone that doesn't share the vision for quality work and production, – more... they will soon be looking for new employment. Satisfaction of producing great products and the craftsmanship of the service that we provide for each business.. – less
call center
CSR 1- Seasonal Temp (Former Employee), Bangor, MEJanuary 2, 2014
It's a typical call center environment where you spend your time in a cubicle with a computer and phone taking customer orders and entering them into the computer.

Also required the ability to search system in order to answer customer questions regarding product and to transfer the call to another associate as needed.
Great place to work and they care about safety for the employees.
Multipacker (Former Employee), Freeport, MEDecember 30, 2013
It's very busy as seasonal multipacker, I'm learning for sort and packing stuff to send to customer and learn about code and number on stuff on customer order. The management is very good in 'LL Bean, co-workers they really nice persons. The hardest part of the job is you must be careful and pay attention on everything because you don't wanna leave – more... stuff to put in box or plastic bag that is send for customer. The most enjoyable is its very busy and active job and I enjoy it a lot. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About L.L. Bean, Inc.

With L.L. Bean, you can tame the great outdoors -- or just look as if you could. The outdoor apparel and gear maker mails more – Read more