L.L. Bean, Inc.

L.L. Bean, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great, enjoyable place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee), McLean, VAMay 18, 2015
They have taught me much and everyone is always so kind and welcoming. We all help each other out whether on the clock or not.
LL bean
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEMay 13, 2015
I loved working for LL Bean, Great moral & support for employees. I answered calls from customers to place orders, or to answer questions they may have. LL Bean has a wonderful reputation and they expect the highest customer service of their employees.
L.L. Bean
Seasonal Human Resources Staffing Interviewer (Former Employee), Freeport, MEApril 21, 2015
Pros: weekly food provided and the people get along very well.
Cons: timely manner to get all work expectations accomplished
The culture at L.L. Bean is that all are expected to meet standards with high demands that are set in each department. As a programmer I carried a pager and was on call about every 3-4 weeks(24x7). One is evaluated on how well the projects and programs function accurately when put into production.

As an interviewer there are high expectations for each candidate. It reflects back on each of us for those who do well in the seasonal position and for those who do not meet the expectations of the job.

We are evaluated on our work constantly. Our supervisor sits in on some interviews. A list of goals is given to each of us. There is also feedback from the people who are interviewed and statistics are keep on how well we are each doing in the department. Our supervisor does meet with us frequently and is open to listening to our concerns. We also are recognized for positive work done.

There is pressure on keeping accurate documentation and interviews being done in a timely manner. Management like to have some fun activities at meetings and food always seem to brighten up our days

As a department the 13-16 people involved get along very and all are willing assist each other when issues arise on the computer work involved.
Great
Material Handler (Former Employee), Freeport, MEApril 16, 2015
This company is one of the best companies in the country. Employment satisfaction is high at L.L. Bean. They care about the employees and customers very much
Material Handler/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Freeport, MEApril 16, 2015
Great leadership culture. Company takes care of its people. Managers/supervisors walk the walk as well as talk the talk. Great place to work.
Retail Stores, Stock Lead
Stock Lead (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NYApril 12, 2015
Pros: employee discount, free discovery school courses and product training
Cons: Stressful, no support from corporate
Company as a whole is great to work for, however, working in one of the retail stores I found it to be quite stressful at times, b/c we're not given the support we need. No payroll or hours during the spring/summer months, and Leads are expected to become floor associates/cashiers, leaving their own work on the back burner. I'm understanding of this, but if they want us to be every position in the store, I truly believe we must get comped for such rolls.
Productive and fun place to work
Returns Processing Specialist (Former Employee), Freeport, MEMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good hours
A great company to work for that is constantly trying to make sure the employees feel appreciated and work together to have a successful season.
Customer Service Representative I - Seasonal (Former Employee), Freeport, MEMarch 10, 2015
Pros: recognition for work well done, nice managers
Cons: seasonal
L.L. Bean offered excellent training and a fun work environment. Hours are flexible and you can work extra if you want. Reviews are frequent and educational and supportive.
Great seasonal job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Portland, MEMarch 9, 2015
Pros: discount, employee store access
Cons: retail hours
LL Bean has an infamously stellar reputation as a retailer; the same can experience can definitely be expected from them as an employer.
Each day is an adventure
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 5, 2015
Pros: brand new store with all new amenities
Cons: short breaks random scheduling
Working retail provides new challenges each day. These may come as locating available products or even finding a simple solution to a customers request. I am always willing to give the best service possible. Each day works well because I know that I can have confidence in my coworkers to support me no questions asked. No matter the task or customer issue, it's always a reward to pass along my knowledge and gain some from the customers as well.
Mixed Bag
Seasonal Sales Representative (Current Employee), Mall of America, Bloomington, MNFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: corporate appreciates and recognizes above-average performance and commitment.
Cons: store management and their style
Management is clueless about what L.L. Bean is and what it represents. They think it's another Target, Kohl's or North Face. Thank goodness for a core group of older employees who care about their work and the Bean brand. Management hired a bunch of younger workers who think it's just another retailer giving them a paycheck. Hope it survives because many of us invested time and energy to get it up and running. I have my doubts. Need management to communicate and not play favorites. PC in hiring can be dangerous in the long-run.
Great place to work!
Customer Service (Current Employee), Freeport, MEFebruary 12, 2015
Great place for the outdoors type person who loves to be helpful and kind. Breaks were on time and everyone is extremely friendly. Store is open all year round and 24/7. Loved the atmosphere in the store.... just fantastic. I would work there again in a heartbeat.
Fantastic
Multi Packer (Former Employee), Freeport, MEFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: pot lucks, pizza parties, voluntary overtime
Cons: seasonal
Even though I worked here seasonally, this was by far one of the best companies I've worked for. Very organized and educated work force. Makes a fun work enviroment. Focused on health and welness.
CIR Rep Returns at L.L.Bean
Returns CIR Processor (Current Employee), Freeport, MEFebruary 9, 2015
As a CIR Rep in Returns the work is at an operational level. The work is challenging but repetitive, all of the employees and managers are great people who have the L.L.Bean values instilled in them. The hardest part of the job is that it is the same repetitive work each day but the best part of the job is the people that you work with.
excellent place to work
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee), Freeport, MEJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: wonderful people to work with
taking calls from customers over the phone for their L.L. Bean products. Management was very helpful with any questions I would have. Co-workers were always very friendly. The entire job is very enjoyable.
Excellent work place, fun atmosphere.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), South Windsor, CTJanuary 29, 2015
L.L.Bean is an excellent place to work. It is a retail operation so maintaining clothing, footwear and handling cash register operations are a part of everyone day.
The typical L.l.Bean customer is friendly and loves the outdoors as much as the employees do. Employees are all very kind to each other and management is there to help you and offer guidance.
I would recommend working here, especially if you love the outdoors.
Fantastic place to work with great management team and coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Albany New YorkJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: amazing managment
Cons: advancement takes time
Amazing place to work. I worked here part time while in school and it was fantastic. Very flexible for those willing to put in the time. The Customer base was fantastic and super friendly. It gets very busy but not overwhelming because management is good at keeping places well staffed. All coworkers are willing to help and know a lot.
Only seasonal hiring
Warehouse Stocker (Former Employee), Freeport, MEJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: co-workers
Good if not looking for something long term, mostly seasonal work
Cashier
Representative (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, culture, management, co-workers, free lunches
Cons: cannot think of any
Great Place to work for. Position was temporary but I enjoyed working here. Everyone is very nice. Long breaks, benefits, opportunities for advancement. Management worked their way up and is very nice. Work here!
Stable work, management is poor and little advancement
Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Freeport MaineDecember 9, 2014
Pros: stable company
Cons: no advancement, so far
It's a good job, just little on return for advancement. Only during peak do they have mandatory overtime, so the rest of the year not bad for work life balance.

1 2 3 4 5

About L.L. Bean, Inc.

With L.L. Bean, you can tame the great outdoors -- or just look as if you could. The outdoor apparel and gear maker mails more – Read more

L.L. Bean, Inc. Salaries