L.L. Bean, Inc.

L.L. Bean, Inc. Employer Reviews

Stable work, management is poor and little advancement
Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Freeport MaineDecember 9, 2014
Pros: stable company
Cons: no advancement, so far
It's a good job, just little on return for advancement. Only during peak do they have mandatory overtime, so the rest of the year not bad for work life balance.
Middle management harassment
Went through training program (Former Employee), Freeport, ME.December 7, 2014
Pros: employee discounts and employee store
Cons: low pay, middle management has their own set of rules to work by, hr moves at a snail's pace.
L.L. Bean stresses two rules during training: Safety "If it doesn't seem safe, don't do it" and "Zero tolerance towards discrimination and harassment". Too bad the middle management people do not follow the second rule. If a trainer has a personal prejudice towards a trainee, it is not beneath them to make sure the trainee does not make it through the – more... training program. They will do that by manipulating the trainees work so as to give the trainee a failing review.

Very disappointing to see that L.L. Bean lets this happen. – less
Customer Service Represenative (Current Employee), Portland, MEDecember 3, 2014
Great company to work for. We provide world class customer service to our customers and L.L. Bean truly cares about their employees!
Great team players
Inventory Buyer (Former Employee), Freeport, MEDecember 1, 2014
Pros: discounts on products
Mostly computer work. used one stop buy to create purchase orders. Forecasting of products. End of year to meet budget could be trying. Best part was working with great people. Management was there to help you succeed.
Great people, Fun! exciting
Customer Service / Sales (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 13, 2014
Pros: fun and exciting place to work
Cons: n/a
I just started this job a few weeks ago, we are all meeting each other, we're building relationships. and setting up the store
Privilege to be part of a historical Maine company.
Cashier/Customer Service/Monogrammer (Former Employee), Freeport, MENovember 9, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere and co-workers, discount, employee store, and gratitude.
Cons: slow times.
Working at L. L. Bean is an experience I'm glad to have. Going to work everyday was fun. The group of people who choose to work at the company all share the same love of outdoor life and good quality hard work ethics. The best part of this job was during the holiday seasons, almost magical with all the decorations and goings on. The not so best is the – more... slow times of year. My favorite days were going in when it was nonstop from the time you got there until the time you left. The absolute best part of working for L. L. Bean is every night when you left, the genuine thank you's that were received for your days work. – less
unorganized
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Columbia,MarylandOctober 30, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: managemant
management was more difficult to work with than customers
-cashier
-shoe, women, and men's department
-counted drawers
A good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEOctober 27, 2014
They have many seasonal jobs open every Chritsmas but you have to be firm in which department you want to work in or they might place you in a department you have no interest in working in.
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate - Footwear and Outdoors (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: discount and great people
Cons: lack of communication with management caused scheduling conflict
Gained interpersonal communications working with and helping customers and also sales experience.
High productivity expectations
Lead Software QA Engineer (Former Employee), Freeport, MaineOctober 16, 2014
Pros: purchase discount
Cons: high stress
As a retailer, it is a close balance of using your resources to maximize sales and meet inventory turn expectations. It can be a stressful environment, but many good people there doing amazing things.
Fun work place
Picking/Packing (Former Employee), Freeport, MEOctober 7, 2014
The co-workers were amazing. They were always there for me. It felt like they were part of my family
Positive Atmosphere
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burlington, MASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: positive atmosphere
Cons: hourly wage rate is low.
They truly focus on the customer while supporting the employees. Management is positive and a resource for both customers and staff.
plenty of learning opportunity
Stock Room Associate (Former Employee), Freehold, NJSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: outdoor company
Cons: poor management
Typical day at work was processing returns keeping them up to proper date, along with receiving and processing trucks. I learned computer programs efficiently to better my job.
Great work enviroment and given the oppertunity to move forward.
Shipping and Receiving Lead (Former Employee), 28 Backus Ave. Danbury CT.September 23, 2014
Great place to come in everyday. Management was helpfull and truthful. Everyday was a diffrent project in it's own right.
Customer Service at its best!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waterville, MESeptember 18, 2014
Pros: friendly and helpful
I worked for L.L.Bean for over 10 years and was a great experience. The call center I worked at closed the doors in 2010 and although I was offered to work from home doing the same job I made the decision to take severance and leave. I am a people person so working alone doesn't suit me well. The company trained their employees to expect nothing but – more... exemplary customer service. I believe that skill made me a better person. There were bonuses and raises almost every year. I worked set hours and was able to train for other positions during the busy holiday season. – less
Takes care of employees
Modeling Analyst (Current Employee), Freeport, MESeptember 5, 2014
Pros: positive culture, deep employee discounts, employee store
Cons: lack of communications and collaboration between departments
Balanced approach to business. Profitability, customer satisfaction, and employee experience are all vital parts of the giant equation that makes this century-old company so great!
I love working with people through the years
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEAugust 27, 2014
Pros: it was wonderful working with the llbean family
Working for LLBean was a type of Job that you look foward to going to work every day my team mates were like family to me and working with customers from all over the world was a joy, The hardest part of my job was retiring,
L.L. Bean
Camp/Travel Sales (Seasonal Help) (Current Employee), Freeport, MEAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, huge moral for employees
Cons: none so far.
I have worked in many different types of retail. Working for this company is beyond incredible. A very relaxed environment even on those rainy days we love so much. Constant communication is going on for all departments which brings less confusion for employees and customers. Even on "bad days" associates are always helpful and friendly.
Powerful Company Due to World Class Customer Service and Respect for Staff
Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: employee discount, great atmosphere, opportunity for growth
Cons: weak health benefits and average compensation
L.L. Bean is a prestigious retail company based out of Maine expanding as far south as Virginia and as far west as Illinois. Known for exceptional customer service and high quality products for a fair price. No matter what L.L. Bean channel you go through it's the same experience and every Bean store, outlet, and office has the same laid back, action-oriented, – more... family style atmosphere. – less
L.L. Bean
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Freeport, MEJuly 24, 2014
I enjoyed my time at L.L. Bean I was a hard worker. One must adapt to changes in the work place as it is always changing. If staff was short I was willing to help with the work load.

1 2 3 4 5

About L.L. Bean, Inc.

With L.L. Bean, you can tame the great outdoors -- or just look as if you could. The outdoor apparel and gear maker mails more – Read more