L.L. Bean, Inc.

L.L. Bean, Inc. Employer Reviews

High productivity expectations
Lead Software QA Engineer (Former Employee), Freeport, MaineOctober 16, 2014
Pros: purchase discount
Cons: high stress
As a retailer, it is a close balance of using your resources to maximize sales and meet inventory turn expectations. It can be a stressful environment, but many good people there doing amazing things.
Fun work place
Picking/Packing (Former Employee), Freeport, MEOctober 7, 2014
The co-workers were amazing. They were always there for me. It felt like they were part of my family
Positive Atmosphere
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burlington, MASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: positive atmosphere
Cons: hourly wage rate is low.
They truly focus on the customer while supporting the employees. Management is positive and a resource for both customers and staff.
plenty of learning opportunity
Stock Room Associate (Former Employee), Freehold, NJSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: outdoor company
Cons: poor management
Typical day at work was processing returns keeping them up to proper date, along with receiving and processing trucks. I learned computer programs efficiently to better my job.
Great work enviroment and given the oppertunity to move forward.
Shipping and Receiving Lead (Former Employee), 28 Backus Ave. Danbury CT.September 23, 2014
Great place to come in everyday. Management was helpfull and truthful. Everyday was a diffrent project in it's own right.
Customer Service at its best!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waterville, MESeptember 18, 2014
Pros: friendly and helpful
I worked for L.L.Bean for over 10 years and was a great experience. The call center I worked at closed the doors in 2010 and although I was offered to work from home doing the same job I made the decision to take severance and leave. I am a people person so working alone doesn't suit me well. The company trained their employees to expect nothing but – more... exemplary customer service. I believe that skill made me a better person. There were bonuses and raises almost every year. I worked set hours and was able to train for other positions during the busy holiday season. – less
Takes care of employees
Modeling Analyst (Current Employee), Freeport, MESeptember 5, 2014
Pros: positive culture, deep employee discounts, employee store
Cons: lack of communications and collaboration between departments
Balanced approach to business. Profitability, customer satisfaction, and employee experience are all vital parts of the giant equation that makes this century-old company so great!
I love working with people through the years
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEAugust 27, 2014
Pros: it was wonderful working with the llbean family
Working for LLBean was a type of Job that you look foward to going to work every day my team mates were like family to me and working with customers from all over the world was a joy, The hardest part of my job was retiring,
L.L. Bean
Camp/Travel Sales (Seasonal Help) (Current Employee), Freeport, MEAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, huge moral for employees
Cons: none so far.
I have worked in many different types of retail. Working for this company is beyond incredible. A very relaxed environment even on those rainy days we love so much. Constant communication is going on for all departments which brings less confusion for employees and customers. Even on "bad days" associates are always helpful and friendly.
Powerful Company Due to World Class Customer Service and Respect for Staff
Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: employee discount, great atmosphere, opportunity for growth
Cons: weak health benefits and average compensation
L.L. Bean is a prestigious retail company based out of Maine expanding as far south as Virginia and as far west as Illinois. Known for exceptional customer service and high quality products for a fair price. No matter what L.L. Bean channel you go through it's the same experience and every Bean store, outlet, and office has the same laid back, action-oriented, – more... family style atmosphere. – less
L.L. Bean
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Freeport, MEJuly 24, 2014
I enjoyed my time at L.L. Bean I was a hard worker. One must adapt to changes in the work place as it is always changing. If staff was short I was willing to help with the work load.
L.L.Bean
Department Manager of Operations (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 22, 2014
Great company to work for. Over 100 years of world class customer service.
awesome place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Bangor, MEJuly 16, 2014
take customer orders from the best customers in the world and have the best work environment I've ever seen. Only down side is its seasonal
a really good place to work
Packer, Pack Support (Former Employee), Freeport, MEJuly 8, 2014
Pros: the employee store
Cons: ....it is in maine, in winter.
A typical day at Beans begins at about 7:30 A.M. with greetings and preparations for the 8A.M. shift. If packing, I sign on the computer I will be using, then fill the tape machine with water, stock flyers and other material to be included with each order, prepare, stock and clean my workspace. At 7:55 I punch in on the computer and begin packing the – more... customers' orders as the material comes down the chute. I continue this throughout the day. Correcting errors, inspecting the materials, Keep the paperwork together with the orders. During the day, if I am pack support, I circle the 1/4 mile pack line with cardboard, bags, tape, flyers and my attention to each packers need.
This includes many packers from cultures far different than my own. I think that because Beans is committed to diversity in the workplace, I have had the opportunity to work and support and respect those whose lives have been very different than my own.
I give credit solely to the leaders, administrators and executives of this company for my own life enhancing experience.
I love my co-workers. Having, by personal circumstance, to move from Maine to Washington State I miss each of them personally.
The hardest part of this job while packing, is ATTENTION in a very busy, fast moving workplace. When support...I loved doing support. It even kept me in shape!
The best part of that job, hands down, are the people who work there. – less
Best atmosphere ever
Outdoor Discovery School Department Manager (Former Employee), South Barrington, ILJune 20, 2014
Pros: team atmosphere, room for advancement, great benefits
Cons: haven't moved out west yet
An amazing place to work, with an amazing team backing you up. Great culture, 100% authentic, I miss it every day! If I didn't relocate to a place without an LL Bean, I would have loved to transfer.
Worked during Christmas rush
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEJune 12, 2014
I worked at the Lewiston call center during Christmas peak hours. It was busy but very pleasant.
Material Handler (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Freeport, MEApril 29, 2014
Pros: decent pay, good benefits, lots of opportunities to get involved.
Cons: very competitive as far as advancement.
Most people at L.L.Bean enjoying working there. It's a great atmosphere and culture. Management is very professional. This particular job is not hard at all other than not being challenging enough for me. I really enjoy being part of this great company with a rich history and a focus on extending the best customer service.
Seasonal FCH / OFC Material Handler / PIT Operator (Current Employee), Freeport, MEApril 24, 2014
Don't work for this company. Their management sucks, a blind stupid monkey would be better at their jobs.
Great seasonal position
Seasonal Monogram/ Hooping Operator (Former Employee), Freeport, MEApril 22, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: laid off too soon
Great staff, break regiments, coworkers, assignments, commute, policies, safety... wish it was a permanent offering!
A good place to work, is fast paced.
Low Bay Picker (Current Employee), Freeport MEApril 3, 2014
I will strongly recomend LL Bean. If you are looking for a fast pace work place, LL Bean is the place.

1 2 3 4 5

About L.L. Bean, Inc.

With L.L. Bean, you can tame the great outdoors -- or just look as if you could. The outdoor apparel and gear maker mails more – Read more