LAN Employee Reviews

Dynamic and good working environment
HRBC, Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  WorldwideFebruary 1, 2016
Commonly the work is performed between 9 am and 5 pm, altough there is not fixed time to comply with. The work is aimed to met goals.

This work allowed me to learn about the way a big maintenance organization performs in contact with a major vendor (an MRO).

People from LAN assigned to the project were easy going and they helped a lot to achieve the best possible results.

The hardest part of the job is to control accurately the bills of work, regarding the man hours required to accomplish each task.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is realizing that I love to manage a process, better than performing as a specialist.
Pros
freedom to solve problems, no fixed time schedule to comply with.
Cons
No continuity assured as independent consultant.
fun place to work
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 7, 2016
management leaves a lot to be desired , revenue management went out the door,organizational skills of managers is null and nonexistent,improvisation is the key
Pros
Cons
poor management
Very good place to work and excellent management
Cargo Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2015
On a daily basis I have to supervise the hole operation and check that every agents are doing their respective jobs, that's include:

verified all cargo documentation, be aware that there's time for all the task that the station is doing, verified that the warehouse complete the flight cargo built on time and in good conditions to travel, deal with customers, take care of the number and records of the station, ect... I learn a lot of management with my superiors, because they are the type of persons that always teach all their knowledge to improve their personal.

The hardest part of the job is the same as the enjoyable part, is that you are always on stress and against the clock. But add the end of the day is we make it happen without any mistake, that's the really
most enjoyable part!
Pros
Travel bennefits, bonus twice a year, vacations, a lot of pros.
Cons
For me really I don't have anything negative.
Productive and challenging
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  QuitoJune 27, 2015
In a typical day of work consisted on answer phone calls, direct calls to each department, provide information about flight status, assisted in the checking and boarding process, verified legal documentation to travel.
Pros
Meals with discounts, tickets flights free
Cons
Salary
Not a nice place during my time
Corporate Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Unfortunately, during my tenure at LAN Airlines many executive personnel changes occurred. I saw three different supervisors before finishing my first six months. The environment is very political and it's not about what you do and how well you do it, it's about who you know and how much you cozy up to them.

Job advancement practically doesn't exists unless you're Chilean and graduated from a certain school in Santiago, Chile. For the first time in my life, I ran into a bit outright racism. I was told I couldn't move into another position or move up in the company because I wasn't from a certain country.
Fun and pleasant type of work
flight attendant (Former Employee) –  santiagoJuly 23, 2014
Well, there is no typical day when you are flight attendant and thats one of the most amazing things in this job. It depends on the weather and the place you go how you experience is, the is a variety of passengers make you flights totally different one from the other and thats what actually makes it fun. They experience was amazing, people in the airline was fun an really easy going, no problems on board, actually it was a great work team. I think one of the hardest things was to be awake sometimes for long hours, but every time you arrive in the destination you were going made you feel so great that it didn really matter.
Pros
free ticket to travel
Cons
short breaks during the flight
Human Resource Coordinator
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 5, 2013
Processed payroll information in a accurate and timely manner.
Updated and maintained staff bulletin boards & newsletter.
Monitored the HR department general expenditure.
Implemented a tracking database for employee professional development and licensure renewal credits.
Coordinated board and committee meetings, including schedules and information preparation and distribution.
Screened applicant resumes and coordinated both phone and in-person interviews.
fun and productive place to work
Operational Control Center Executive (Former Employee) –  Santiago de Chile, RMJanuary 31, 2013
This place was great, everyone cared, liked what they were doing.I was doing a project in which I needed to understand what everyone did and make some changes.Everyone helped, the changes were implemented and the process was streamlined and became more efficient.
Usually people are afraid or against changes. I was really helped as a consultant andhad a great experience.
Management supported me and guided me when necessary.
The most enjoyable was to see the project implemented and working.
The only difficulty was gathering some data, but that came with the nature of the project.
Great job, no micro management.
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 7, 2013
A typical day would consist in assisting agents with scheduling flights for cargo going into South America. Along with that there are daily productivity reports due which must be manage in between assisting agents with quoting, tracking and booking cargo. The best part of my day is interacting with my co-workers. Getting their inputs and ideas on the projects at hand. The most difficult part of my job and having to explain to a customer why their cargo was left behind, as every cargo is important whether big or small.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
little or no room for futhering your career.
Great environment to work with.
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  LAX Los Angeles, CAJuly 20, 2013
I had to deal every day with a huge amount of customers for everywhere and business travelers. I checked documents from our travelers. I learned the relevance of the daily teamwork, specially when we had delayed flights. My co-workers were from different parts of south america, so it was great to meet people like them and their cultures. The hardest part of my job was that sometimes I had to stay until 17 hrs of working when we had contingency and I had to cancel personal stuff, but the most important thing was that my family and friends support me. The most enjoyable part of my job was to talk with people from every part of the world and listen the reasons of their trips.
Excelent custumer service
Control Agent (Former Employee) –  Lax AirportOctober 2, 2013
Ckeck-in at the counter,all customer service
Order meals every day for each flight,print all passenger information
as names, seat numbers,infants,passengers traveling with disability,
Minors,Deportees,Management Excelent ,open to new ideas,
Co-workers,Fun!!
The hardest part of the job: explain to the passengers that the flight is delay.
the most enjoyable part of the job : Travel
Pros
Good benefits
Challenging and Productive work place, with orientation to results
Senior Regional Sales Director, Cargo Division (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 14, 2014
I start the week with a Sales meeting reviews with my team, the main idea is to detect the main deviation from our budget, new opportunities and implement correction plans if needed. We Also analyze the competitor behavior and strategies.
I learned that as a Senior Executive you have to constantly work in projects that generate value added to the company, Ex long term plan Asia Business development.
The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely, the tremendous diversity on the markets we operates and the diversity of ethnic cultures we work with.
There is a nice spirit of cooperation with our co worker. Team Work without a doubt is the key.
The hardest part from my job is probably to find the right balance between the level of market shares with the expected yields.
Good relationship with co-workers and managers.
Traffic Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 11, 2014
Teamwork and appreciate the work of co-workers,be honest and professional,have good attitude.Provide good customer service is one of the most important things to keep in mind,that's one of the thing i like about my job.
Pros
sharing lunch and a birthday of a co-worker
Cons
good health benefits, dental and vision
Great environment. not good benefits.
S&K Architect (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2012
The place with all the coworkers it is pretty good. the benefits are not good at all. The workload is very high or very low.
I will work again there
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 11, 2013
Lost and found agent was a little be crazy because you inform to a PAX that his belonging won't get it up to the next day.....
Productive and fun, traveling the world
Head of Projects (Current Employee) –  Santiago de Chile, RMNovember 6, 2014
I worked at the maintenance venue, near the airport, learned a lot aboute airline industry
Biased
Passenger Service Agent/Lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2014
Be ready to be stuck in one place unless you are Chilean. Management is incompetent