The Field Engineer is responsible for all onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Service Desk daily operations by providing both onsite and remote support to LANAIR Clientele.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Advise on potential pitfalls that a customer may experience, using existing or planned methods, and suggest alternatives that may better serve the stability and security of the customer’s solution.
- Participate in the On-Call Technical rotation.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses into LANAIR’s ticketing system as it occurs.
- Work through a daily schedule that has been established through the dispatch process.
- Understand company processes by completing assigned training materials.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Recommend 2+ years for experience in a computer technical field.
- Military experience or college education are highly desirable.
- Professional IT certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP are a plus.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Reliable transportation is required.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Who is LANAIR Group, LLC?
LANAIR Group is an IT consultancy with offices serving greater Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Northwest Indiana/Chicago and Dallas. Our experienced team of engineers specializes in: IT Services, Security Services, Unified Communications, Server Virtualization, Desktop Virtualization, Managed Services, Hosting Services and Education Services for 21st Century learners. LANAIR integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific needs. We serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments, enabling them to focus on their core business.
What’s so great about LANAIR Group, LLC?
We are an I.T. Services Company founded in 2006 run entrepreneurially by I.T. Service Engineers, so we understand the job and what it takes. As a fast growing organization with aggressive growth targets we offer the following:
- An organization where you will be immersed in an IT Consulting Practice, where you will gain valuable “breadth” and “depth” experience.
- Upside growth and opportunities – a place to be recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
- Above Average Compensation Plan.
- Above Average Benefit Program including 401K.
Please carefully read above, “What We Want” regarding this opportunity and visit our website at http://lanairgroup.com. The successful team member will have to get up to speed quickly. If all of the above makes sense to you, we will want to meet you.
respond to this posting with your resume in Word or PDF format, and salary expectations.
Indeed - 7 months ago