The LANAIR Group
Who We Are:
LANAIR Group is an IT consultancy with offices serving greater Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Northwest Indiana/Chicago and Dallas. Our experienced team of engineers specializes in: IT Services, Security Services, Unified Communications, Server Virtualization, Desktop Virtualization, Managed Services, Hosting Services and Education Services for 21st Century learners. LANAIR integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific needs. We serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments, enabling them to focus on their core business.
What We Want:
Systems Engineers are a key element within the LANAIR support infrastructure and are expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers over the phone and via support tickets.
Systems Engineers are part of a complex customer support system. These engineers apply creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of issues; while at the same time keeping the customer aware of every step along the way.
Systems Engineers are expected to use initiative and advise on potential pitfalls that a customer may experience, using existing or planned methods, and suggest alternatives that may better serve the stability and security of the customer’s solution.
- Provide lead engineer support for Service Desk ticket escalations.
- Build, configure & troubleshoot PC hardware and understand PC hardware concepts.
- IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure
- Support and implementation for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Support and implementation for virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Administer hosted and cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements.
- Support disaster recovery solutions.
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Monitor management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
- Provide onsite service and support needs for customers.
- Handle administrative duties to maintain good client and vendor relations.
- Accomplish the billable hour’s minimum requirement for the department set by the IT Services Manager.
- Stay current on industry trends and technology, which may affect operations or customer expectations.
- Follow policies and standard operating procedures for the ITS department.
- Participate in the On-Call Technician rotation.
- Work with IT Services Manager to develop and follow an education/certification program to increase/maintain level of technical expertise.
- Projects, tasks, and responsibilities are completed in a timely manner, as well as accurately and professionally.
- Maintain successful attitude, professional presentation, and productive communication.
- Excel in a team environment.
- Comply with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
The most competitive candidate will have the following:
- Requires approximately 3+ years’ experience working in a computer technical field.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience, preferred. Technical certifications (i.e., A+, CompTIA, MySQL, CCNA, CCIE, MCP, MCSE, MCITP , and MCSM) are a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in order to maintain required productivity levels.
- Must be detailed in documenting information and practice good follow through techniques.
- General problem solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibility.
- Knowledge of Windows 2003/2008/2012 server.
- General knowledge of servers/computer hardware and software.
- General knowledge of DNS and networking fundamentals including diagnostics with Windows/Linux tools.
- General knowledge of system services, i.e., Apache, IIS, Mail transfer agents (sendmail, postfix, qmail, Exchange, Imail), FTP, and SSH.
- Must have above average communication skills and the ability to maintain a professional demeanor. Must possess attention to detail.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a vehicle for transportation to and from LANAIR Group’s office and remote sites as required.
- Work time may include some evenings and weekends.
- Submit to a background check prior to hiring.
- The motivation to complete the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert certification track and/or other vendor certifications as identified as critical to support existing and emerging technologies.
- Maintain Time logs that accurately report daily activities.
- Research and resolve client system and networking issues.
- Update client documentation when changes are made to client’s systems.
- Log use of vendor support incidents as outlined by ITS procedures.
- Assist ITS help desk team with issue resolution as requested.
- Perform other such tasks as assigned by the IT Services Manager.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
What’s so Great about LANAIR?
We are an I.T. Services Company founded in 2006 run entrepreneurially by I.T. Service Engineers, so we understand the job and what it takes. As a fast growing organization with aggressive growth targets we offer the following:
- An organization where you will be immersed in an IT Consulting Practice, where you will gain valuable “breadth” and “depth” experience.
- Upside growth and opportunities – a place to be recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
- Above Average Compensation Plan.
- Above Average Benefit Program including 401K.
Please carefully read above, “What We Want” regarding this opportunity. The successful team member will have to get up to speed quickly. If all of the above makes sense to you, we will want to meet you.
Email your resume addressed as Systems Engineers in the subject line, including your salary expectations.