Title: Systems Engineer
Department: Systems Integration
Reporting Line: Reports to the Director of Engineering
Engineering Responsibilities Summary:
LD Systems is seeking candidates for the Engineering department. A minimum of 3 years experience in the sound, light and video industry is preferred. Experience with Autocad and DSP programming a plus. The Engineers' responsibilities include CAD drawing documentation, supporting our Sales Engineers in the pursuit of new work, DSP and Control System programming.
The project's Lead Engineer is responsible for managing all technical aspects of the project pertaining to the project's documentation, design and submittal process. The Lead Engineer will coordinate with the Director of Engineering and the fellow engineers to assess the required work force to effectively complete the submittal and engineering process in a timely and cost-effective manner. The Lead Engineer will work with the Project Manager and Sales Engineer to manage the project engineering schedule and establish resource assignments to accomplish this schedule. The Lead Engineer will coordinate with fellow engineers to delegate responsibilities of drawing assistance and DSP and Control System programming. At project completion, The Lead Engineer works with the Project Manager to develop a training agenda and assists with, or conduct the training at job completion. In summary, the Project Engineer:
· Provides on-going support to sales personnel for system design
· Provides on-going support to Service Department for after-sale project service
· Participates with bid/spec responses (equipment take-off, review design integrity/discrepancies, wire take-off, etc)
· Oversees all aspects of the engineering documentation for submittals and internal drawing distribution.
· Establishes and manages project-specific engineering schedule
· Establishes and manages project-specific commissioning plan
· Control System and / or DSP programming and commissioning as required
· Keeps engineering work completion and deliverables marked on the Smartsheet schedule
· Releases project equipment to purchasing department
· Assists fellow engineers in the delivery of submittals, procurement of engineering materials, reprographics, and any required clerical assistance.
· Provides fundamental support to the Field Technicians and Project Manager during the course of the project on aspects of the installation that pertain to workman standards, delivery of custom fabricated materials, delivery of DSP and Control System programming, and questions from the field relating to design and engineering drawings.
· Coordinate with the Project Manager for the commissioning of the installed system to ensure specification conformance.
· Create and assist with maintaining the project punch-list
· Collect all close-out documents from the Project Manager and work with fellow engineers and administration personnel to compile the close-out documentation
· Arrange and help administer system training