LGI Homes is currently accepting applications for a goal-oriented, success driven Controller at its North Houston Corporate Headquarters located in The Woodlands, TX. LGI Homes has been recognized as one of the fastest growing private home builders in the United States and is among the most profitable.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will be responsible for managing all general ledger accounting aspects of LGI Homes and its subsidiaries and joint ventures.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management- Directly supervise 4 staff accountants. Supervise, evaluate and improve the accounting, finance, and administrative functions to remedy current issues and determine future personnel and resource needs.
- Internal Controls- Assess, develop, implement and maintain all necessary controls throughout the company.
- Project Management- Meet with the regional project managers on a regular basis to ensure financial management of individual projects is consistent with the desired processes and goals of the company.
- Management Reporting- Timely periodic reports on financial conditions and results including variances from budget and updated cash flow projections.
- Financial Reporting and Budgeting- Oversee the monthly financial reporting process which includes monthly closings, consolidation of subsidiaries, operations analyses and detailed reporting to the Owners and Joint Venture partners.
- Accounting Oversight- Supervise and perform accounting functions including client invoicing, month-end close and oversight of accounts payable.
- Tax Planning and Statutory Reporting- Manage and oversee all federal and state tax reporting with the Company’s tax advisors.
Required Qualifications & Education:
- Accounting degree
- 5 to 10 years of similar experience as a controller/accounting manager
- Public Accounting Experience
- SEC Reporting Experience
- Project Accounting & Finance Experience
- MS Office Proficiency (Advanced Excel Skills)
- Based on prior work experience
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Based in The Woodlands, Texas, LGI Homes is a publicly-traded homebuilder that has been making the dream of homeownership come true for...