BullEx, a member of the LION Group has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant/Analyst to join our office in Albany, New York. BullEx is a product development company with the mission of applying smart technology to develop lifesaving products enhancing personal safety. BullEx’s premier product, the Intelligent Training System (I.T.S.), is the world’s most advanced and cost effective fire extinguisher training system. BullEx is an international company with offices in nine countries. We are looking for a high energy, self motivated Senior Accountant/Analyst who is ready to make a positive contribution to the team the moment they begin working with us.
BullEx is a global leader in the development and sales of fire and safety training equipment including live-fire training props for firefighters, rescue manikins, smoke generators and fire safety trailers. BullEx customers include fire departments, large corporations and government installations that use its equipment to provide safer and more realistic hands-on training. BullEx is an international, award winning company located in Albany, NY. BullEx has been featured in FORTUNE Magazine and on NBC’s The Today Show.
BullEx is looking for a Senior Accountant/Analyst to join our Finance and Accounting department. The Senior Accountant/Analyst will report to the Controller and has overarching responsibility to maintain the integrity of the companys controls and processes to ensure accuracy of all the balance sheet accounts. The Senior Accountant/Analyst is responsible for reporting all journal entries to the General Ledger, Accounts Receivable/Cash Receipts, Accounts Payable/Cash Disbursements & Payroll.
- Manages and executes transactions for AP, AR, and related processes
- Performs period-end closing duties, including SAP general ledger maintenance, account analysis and reconciliations and chart of accounts maintenance
- Prepares accurate and timely trial balances and month end reports
- Assists Controller and department leads in the preparation of forecasts and budgets
- Develops/maintains accounting policies and procedures
- Conducts accounting research and compliance with GAAP reporting
- Reviews payroll for accuracy; acts as a back-up for payroll processing as needed
- Prepares account reconciliations between ADP and the general ledger
- Works with & assists State Auditors during Sales Tax audits
- Monitors and ensures all shipments are invoiced each period end
- Manages customer accounts (add invoices/credit memos/ and adjustments)
- Balances and reconciles credit card accounts
- Prepares manual invoices and credit memos
- Prepares yearly 1099's
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Participate in SAP B1 cross functional team to prioritize projects, process improvements and enhancements along with new implementations.
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Minimum of BA or BS in Accounting and/or Finance
- A minimum of 5 years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment with increasing responsibility
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency with other Microsoft Office software (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Experience with ERP systems preferred, SAP B1 experience a plus
- Deadline-driven, well organized and detail-oriented, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Creativity and tenacity in analysis and problem solving with a "can-do" attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize workload
If you are interested in an exciting new career opportunity with a global company, please apply by submitting your resume through the following link:
Visit us at www.bullex.com
BullEx/LION is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse screening.