The Receptionist is expected to have the switchboard open and operating promptly at 8:00 a.m. and throughout the day until 5:00 p.m. Relief switchboard coverage will be provided for a one-hour lunch, as well as morning and afternoon breaks of 10 minutes each. The Receptionist should work with relief coverage to determine appropriate times for lunch and breaks. Provides general administrative support to the Human Resource Department with clerical activities and related tasks.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Professionally administer all incoming calls
- Ensure phone calls are redirected accordingly
- Greet guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner
- Open and close visitor area
- Data Entry, reports, and other related clerical activities
- Perform a variety of clerical duties
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail and packages
- May also assist with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, etc.
- Support department with updating files in SharePoint and PeopleSoft.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 3 years of switchboard and customer service experience
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Customer service driven
- Working or proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as t o accept direction on given assignments
- Able to work collectively with the administrative team associates
- Able to multi-task
- Professional appearance in a business casual environment
Indeed - 23 months ago