LMATA Government Services, LLC a small business in government contracting is seeking an experienced Machinist to work full-time in support of a long-term contract. The selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Q Clearance.
Performs a variety of duties in collaboration with mechanical engineers, technologists, and computer numerical control (CNC) programmers in the manufacture and machining of machine shop tools, dies, jigs, fixtures, mechanical engineering fabrications, prototypes, piece parts, production piece parts assemblies, and components. Performs skilled machining and fabrication tasks using a variety of machines and tools, analyzes data, and recommends modifications to meet desired specifications.
Primary Job Duties
- Designs and develops industrial machinery and equipment and machine attachments required for production or experimental use, considering such factors as accessibility, economy, mobility, and performance requirements.
- Performs skilled machining and fabrication tasks using a variety of machines and tools to machine, fabricate, construct, and modify machine shop tools, dies, jigs, fixtures, one-of-a-kind prototypes, and production piece parts.
- Consults with and advises engineers, CNC programmers, and tool designers on the development and modification of tools, parts, and components.
- Performs precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions; recommends revisions in design or substitutions in material based on machinability, manufacturability, or fabrication problems encountered; and solves problems relating to unusual materials, work-holding arrangements, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production processes.
- Analyzes data and recommends modifications to components or test procedures to meet desired specifications, requirements, and design for manufacturability tenets.
- Lies out, fabricates, and assembles metalworking dies, molds, and machine tool fixtures by analyzing drawings, sketches, models, specifications, diagrams, and engineering or shop specifications. May use computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) programs to design piece parts and control machine function. Computes dimensions and determines machining and material or parts required. Checks work with a variety of precision instruments.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- CNC Lathe programming and operation
- NC Programming
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret various documents, blueprints, drawings, and schematics.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill and knowledge in mathematics, mechanics, or related technologies, such as machining, computer-aided design and manufacturing software, or metal forming techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience with installing, testing, repairing, and maintaining tools, machines, or equipment.
- Ability to read and understand written or verbal instructions, design definition, drawings, layouts, and other related specifications.
- Ability to understand and create CNC, CAD, and CAM programs.
- Knowledge of machining characteristics of materials and experience selecting materials.
Journeyman machinist- Good communication skills, both oral and written. Good computer skills, ability to work independently and in a team environment Excellent organization skills. Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret mechanical drawings and models. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use CAM software.
5 years of Lathe and CAM experience working in the prototyping/production environment.