We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our TechOps team. The role will require design initiative, group collaboration, enthusiasm, and extensive Linux systems experience.
LOYAL3 is a disruptive software technology company that handles financial information and we're looking for someone to build and maintain environments that are secure, redundant, high performing, standards compliant, and stable.
The ideal candidate will have a strong infrastructure base, but has spent more time recently on AWS, automation and scripting.
- Build and Maintain environments that are secure, redundant, high performing, standards compliant and stable
- Production deployment & configuration management automation
- Internal Tools Development
- Provide support to deployment and production issues during and off regular office hours
- Close interaction with engineering and operations teams
- Software and security design reviews
- 7-12 years of systems engineering with at least 4+ years of Ubuntu Linux experience
- 2+ years AWS experience including implementation, automation, consuming services, API
- 1+ years of extensive hands on experience with Chef preferred but Puppet works too - mass systems deployments
- Strong data center experience
- Experience working on critical, highly available production system
- Strong experience in DHCP/DNS
- LDAP experience implementing/managing
- Experience in any cloud infrastructure is necessary
- Infrastructure Monitoring solution implementation is plus
- Scripting experience – Bash, Python, or others
- Enjoy solving complex technical problems, and learning new technologies
- Approach problem solving with the goal of finding the root cause and documenting the solution
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Must have experience in online, ecommerce, or web/SaaS solutions companies
- Experience working in SAS-70 and PCI environments
- Experience with managing disaster recovery sites
- Experience working with Cisco firewalls, BGP, load balancers, and switches
- Experience with storage arrays
- Nginx, Ruby on Rails, Jetty, Scala, Reddis, Memcached, MySQL, and MongoDB experience
- Kickstart, Splunk, Syslog-NG, Zabbix, LDAP, Mail/Postfix, DNS, DHCP, KVM/Xen/VMWare, OpenVPN, Asterisk, Snort, OSSEC experience
REPORTS TO Vice President, Technical Operations
LOCATION San Francisco’s Financial District
ABOUT US LOYAL3 lets anyone buy stock in the brands they love. Just three easy steps, invest as little as $10 and pay no fees, ever. By using ownership to bring brands together with the people who love them, the LOYAL3 platform deepens brand engagement and creates more valuable and loyal stakeholders.
LOYAL3, through advanced social technologies has created a distribution platform with disruptively lower costs, making it easy...