This position is an Information Assurance Security Architect/Engineer on a high technology development project protecting national intelligence assets. This role requires broad expertise in Risk Management, Security Architecture, and Assessment & Authorization. You will have an opportunity to shape the security architecture, approaches, and processes used on this project from the ground up. This position is a challenging role in a multi-contractor team supporting multiple fast moving acquisition programs. In this role, you will work as a key team member, execute tasks, and supervise the work of other engineers on the project. This task requires expertise in Information Assurance--you need to be the go-to person. This role requires coordination with government security stakeholders, setting up key Technical Exchange Meetings, advocating our approach, completing government forms, and negotiating any special security conditions, or approaches such as delta accreditations on later work. Establishing a track record of reliability and trust with government security stakeholders is crucial. As part of the Lightspeed-Produce, Protect, Perform (LP3) team, occasional consulting on other projects as well as RFI and proposal support are also required.
Responsibilities/Key Attributes include:
- Deliver IA leadership and consulting services as a key member of the development and proposal teams
- Outstanding communication skills including verbal and written; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project, and other tools to communicate with peers and customers at all technical levels
- Scanning systems and assisting the team in remediating vulnerabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management in government and contractor engineering teams
- Ability to plan, design, and implement secure cross-domain solutions supporting mission essential data flow requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate and advocate key security requirements to the development team
- Document secure configuration of the systems in the government Certification and Accreditation workflow tool processes
- Ensure system complies with key government security requirements and demonstrate that through verification testing with government security stakeholders
- Ability to respond to RFIs/RFPs with well thought out and creative solutions
The ideal person for this role is experienced, technically capable, self-motivated, and can effectively lead and influence others to deliver the right solution for the customer. Creativity, personal backbone, and IT security experience are required. A broad range of Information Assurance experience is required to be successful in this position.
- SCI clearance with current SSBI
- Strong knowledge of DCID 6/3, DIACAP, and/or ICD 503 security requirements
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a technical field
- 5+ years experience in Information Assurance/Security Engineering positions
- Information Architecture/Systems Architecture experience
- Experience with system hardening
- Experience working in a team environment on similar tasks
- IT security training including DoD 8570 certification
- Strong LINUX background
Strongly desired qualifications/skills:
- Windows and virtualization administration
- Cross-domain security architecture, engineering, and C&A experience
- Experience with virtual systems and VMWare
- Experience with XACTA
- Experience with Retina, Nessus, SCAP, DISA STIGs
- Proposal writing experience
- Professional certifications--managerial or technical certifications such as PMP, CISSP, RHCE, CCIE, etc.
This position is offered by Lightspeed-Produce, Protect, Perform (LP3). LP3 is an innovative small company delivering a wide variety of consulting expertise to DoD and IC customers.
Indeed - 4 months ago