Job Title: Research Scientist
Work with Loss Prevention Research Council (LPRC) analysts, scientists and professors to develop, refine and evaluate crime and loss control methods and technologies. The LPRC is looking for a motivated, organized scientist to help design, coordinate and conduct multi-method research for a variety of leading organizations.
This position will be critical to LPRC projects, and leads or assists in the design and conduct of studies in the following areas: survey questionnaire, sampling, data collection, scale construction and validation design; predictive statistical modeling; field evaluation research; Offender interviewing, and report writing. The research scientist may also present analysis results orally, in writing, graphically, and in various forms of presentation media. The position provides extensive opportunities to conduct and publish both action and theoretical research. There may be some travel involved.
The LPRC provides research and development support to 75 leading organizations around the world including Home Depot, CVS, eBay, Sears, Bacardi, Walmart, Proctor and Gamble, Marshall’s/TJ Maxx, Best Buy, Big Lots, and OfficeMax.
- Advanced degree in criminology, sociology, or psychology preferred- with advanced coursework in statistics and research methods.
- Demonstrated experience with statistical methods and models incorporating a broad range of variable types and statistical approaches.
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of SPSS or similar statistics package.
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of Excel.
Other Important Skills:
- Able to lead member working groups
- Experience in creating documents in Word and PDF format.
- Knowledge of working on a longitudinal study and program evaluation.
- Knowledge of developing quasi-experimental and experimental projects.
- Able to conduct offender field interviews.
Salary range: $40k-$48k+ depending on qualifications and experience.