POSITION SUMMARY: Plastics manufacturing duties in heavy industrial plant environment with 24/7 production operations; position also includes light maintenance, moving raw materials, part removal and finishing activities to support the achievement of the LRM production facility’s business goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Regular, consistent attendance and punctuality are essential for the position.
2. Ability to work any assigned production shift; shifts are at least 8 to 10 hours in duration, and may require working overtime.
3. Work assignments will require performing and or assisting in manufacturing duties utilizing composite, resin, plastic, fiberglass, fiberglass resin, and/or metal materials and components; work assignments include moving raw materials and completed parts within the work area and using hand held power tools to assist in finishing activities for parts.
4. General light maintenance activities will be required including painting, sweeping and general clean-up of the work area and production environment. Will be required to complete training on & safely operate Fork Lifts. (Includes manufacturing duties, light maintenance, moving materials, part removal and finishing.
5. Working knowledge in using power hand tools such as power screw drivers, skill saws, sanding tools, cutting tools, power drills, compressor operation. Familiarity with using hand carts and other materials handling equipment.
6. Must be able to: safely lift and carry up to 75 lbs. of dead weight, with heavier weight necessary at times.
7. Experience in painting, light sheet metal repair, adhesive bonding, mechanical fastening (nails, screws, bolts, rivets etc.).
8. Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
9. Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas; comply with all Company policies.
10. Perform all other duties as assigned or needed to support the Operations Department and the business goals.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Requires High School Diploma/GED equivalent;
- Basic mechanics skills or being mechanically inclined;
- Must be able to speak, comprehend and write in English and follow directions.
- This position is in a non-air conditioned factory and will involve standing, walking, and lifting for long periods of time throughout the work day;
- Must be able to: safely lift and carry up to 75 lbs. of dead weight, with heavier weight necessary at times;
- Safely use and hold power tools weighing up to 5 lbs.;
- Safely work in a non-air conditioned environment for the entire day.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Indeed - 6 months ago