Project Managers at LUNAR guide internal and external teams toward success by informing and driving our development and budgeting processes in a timely manner so we make the very best design and business decisions for our clients. They are primarily expert organizers and communicators who collect and direct information to and from internal staff and external partners, clients, and suppliers. The Life Sciences Project Manager will primarily serve our Medtech and Labtech clients.
About Us: LUNAR is a leading creative force in the practice of design, product development, and project management excellence. With offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Hong-Kong and Munich, LUNAR’s broad international perspective enables us to design for a global audience. This position is in our San Francisco office, the headwaters of Silicon Valley. Our passion is creating beautiful, ingenious and charismatic products that are relevant to the people who use them. Our diverse designers, engineers and thinkers draw from many viewpoints, sources of inspiration, and histories to infuse our award winning work with emotion and meaning, as well as functionality and brand presence. LUNAR engages clients that range from Fortune 500s to emerging start ups.
About the Position: LUNAR believes the management of our clients’ projects is an extension of who and what LUNAR is. We pride ourselves in being mindful, collaborative and precise in the execution of our client’s needs. In this position you will be the focal point for all project needs including managing resources, communicating priorities, presenting solutions and project plans, creating a positive and creative environment for co-workers and resolving issues with a solution-oriented outlook. As a LUNAR Project Manager, your talents will require you to:
- Manage simple to complex Life Science Product Design programs ideally sales through completion.
o Coordinate and implement day to day project activities – team resourcing, task tracking, budget, scope, and schedule management for teams of different sizes and disciplines
o Effectively communicate internally and with clients regarding project budgets, scope changes, milestones, meetings and logistics
o Manage and track budgets, expenses and paperwork between LUNAR, clients, suppliers and partners
- Support Life Science new business development and proposal development
o Craft project plans for widely varying programs
o Estimate resourcing needs and formulate project budgets
- Integrate regulatory management as needed through process - ISO13485
- Proactively identify, suggest, prototype, and implement process improvements
- Enthusiastically teach and mentor employees as needed
About You: LUNAR is searching for people who are inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative and unique spirit of our company culture. Our employees are critical to our success when developing ideas and products for our clients. We are dedicated to remaining a great place to work and to providing employees with programs, services and benefits that allow them to bring the best to the business and to their personal lives.
- 5-10 years of experience managing relevant product design/development Life Sciences programs in a consulting or client services capacity
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent (e.g biomedical, mechanical, electrical, industrial, product design, management)
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Must have strong domain knowledge of life science laboratory equipment and/or medical device technologies
- Demonstrable experience with project management processes and methodologies (implementation of integrated project plans, critical path management, project change control, project risk management and decision analysis)
- Must have strong Product Design Engineering capabilities and familiarity with processes involving Medical Device Design, Human Factors Engineering, User Experience Design, and Industrial Design
- Familiarity with both high and low volume manufacturing processes
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Project, as well as Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in projects run under ISO 13485 standards and Design Control preferred
About Applying: Please submit a resume and samples of your work that best demonstrate your skills and experience (both process and final work). Submit electronically either by sending a PDF enclosure (no more than 6MB) or by sending a URL where it can be viewed. Please do not send CDs or hard copies. Resumes and portfolios may be sent to hr [at] lunar.com; please put "LS Project Manager" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.