Product Merchandising and Marketing Internship at Fashion-Tech Startup
LUXDR is a personalized shopping app that makes the experience of finding clothes for any occasion fun and easy! We currently work with over 200 leading retailers and thousands of popular brands. Our proprietary technology analyzes fashion trends and our app enables our clients to discover product recommendations tailored to their style and budget, share those with the people whose opinions they trust most, and then purchase products they like at their retailers of choice.
Providing relevant personalized product recommendations to millions of clients is a real challenge. That’s why we’ve amassed a top-notch team of experienced product designers, engineers and marketing experts from companies like Google, ebay Fashion, and Amazon. We are currently in “stealth mode” (private beta) and will be launching to the mass market this summer.
We have an incredible internship opportunity for the right person!
Our Product Merchandising and Marketing Intern will work directly with the head of LUXDR’s product management and assist with:
- managing LUXDR’s curated product catalog;
- refining LUXDR’s proprietary personalized recommendation engine; and
- general marketing activities, including social media strategy and implementation.
The right candidate must:
- be a self-starter with a genuine curiosity and desire to learn – we improve by learning from our successes and failures
- have the courage to question the status quo – there are no sacred cows here except: to do the right thing, clients first and have fun! Everything else is fair game for change…
- be confident, but not arrogant – we are fierce competitors with the confidence to tackle tremendous challenges but we don’t lose sight of the fact that we are only as good as the value that we bring to our clients
This is an unpaid internship as it is focused on providing a unique learning and practical training opportunity. If you work hard and apply yourself, by the end of the summer you will have:
- gained an in-depth understanding of mass market fashion trends across top retailers and brands;
- gained experience using data techniques to analyze the product preferences of different groups of mass market customers; and
- participated in launching a product out of private beta into the mass market.
Hopefully you will also have a ton of fun along the way…!
LUXDR is based in the Silicon Valley and members of our team work remotely/virtually… We know that summer is also for having fun so you’ll have a relatively flexible remote schedule… For someone working outside of the San Francisco Bay Area, there may also be an opportunity to come out to visit and spend some time with the team. Post internship employment opportunities will be assessed at the end of the summer based on your availability and the company’s needs.
If this sounds like the perfect summer for you, please send us your resume with a list of any relevant fashion merchandising or marketing projects that you’ve worked at school (or work). Let us also know why you think that you are the right person for this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!