LWCC is Louisiana's largest workers' compensation carrier, providing coverage to approximately 16,500 policyholders. We are a private, nonprofit mutual insurance company that revitalized a workers' comp system on the verge of collapse and have continued to provide much-needed stability in Louisiana. LWCC carries an "A" (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best.
Department: Risk Management Services/Claims
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Investigates, evaluates, and handles assigned workers' compensation claims through final disposition in accordance with company procedures.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Investigates assigned claims following sound claim handling techniques in accordance with company claim philosophy and quality assurance standards.
- Determines proper jurisdiction and classifies each claim under state, federal or maritime class codes.
- Confirms coverage, compensability and subrogation potential on every claim.
- When applicable, negotiates settlements of Jones Act and/or employers liability claims within authority level.
- Documents claim files with necessary information to confirm all claim issues.
- Provides appropriate level of service to agents and policyholders.
- Complies with all customer service standards. Responds promptly to resolve complaints or claim problems.
- Manages personal claim caseload effectively and in accordance with productivity and claim cost objectives.
- Performs other job duties as dictated by office circumstances.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years handling of workers’ compensation claims or 4 years of experience as an insurance claims adjuster
- High School Diploma/GED with 2 years handling of workers’ compensation claims and 4 years experience as an insurance claims adjuster.
Communication, computer literate, math, judgment and problem solving skills
LWCC offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, a 401(k) savings plan, educational assistance, and an on-site fitness center.