Join a Winner---La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries is currently seeking a Professional Design and Sales Leader to take over our Augusta GA. La-Z-Boy Gallery. This is a career position! This opening comes from a long-time employee that is hesitantly leaving on their own and will be truly missed by all. This manager is leaving behind a tenured and proud staff that has won every top award for design and sales that are acknowledged by global La-Z-Boy. This Augusta Gallery has lots of room to grow and requires someone with the experience to take it to the next level. We are looking for a super star! The Augusta Market has seen year over year design and sales growth. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly energetic, goal oriented, organized, and “multi-tasking” individual that enjoys the involvement and interaction between client and design consultant. Our Designer is one of the best in the retail furniture business and has an honored degree in design for professional design results every time and our core group of professional design consultants has been with us for more than 7 years and excels in sales and income. Our Managers work between 45 and 50 hours a week with Wednesday and Sunday off. We are a proud and successful team that is doing it right and needs someone to come in a take this gallery to the next level.
About the Company
We are an independently owned La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery that has recently been recognized and awarded La-Z-Boy’s Global Retail Partner of the year, La-Z-Boy’s Global Ronald McDonald Charity partner of the year, Number One Sales Consultant of our La-Z-Boy Region and Number One Designer of the Year in our La-Z-Boy Region, an award we have won for 7 straight years. This organization is highly respected and relied upon for help within the company for leadership and guidance with all facets of sales and operations. We are profitable and proud of it. You will be working with the largest selection of quality, in stock La-Z-Boy home furnishings in the southeast. We are the most respected and recognized name in furniture. We have a tenured sales and management staff that provides excellent customer service to our clients and a superior training program to help you fit in.
Our Core Values Are
Integrity: We do the right thing, especially when no one is looking.
Teamwork: "We are one team everywhere" and we show it every time!
Customer First: WOW every customer, every time, thoroughly and completely.
Enthusiasm: "We make things happen every day!”
Constant Improvement: "Kaizen---Continuous Improvement!”
About This Opportunity
Position begins with a 30 day, off-site training period with salary. You must be able to travel and have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license. Training will be directed by our VP of Education in a La-Z-Boy Gallery and initiated by other Gallery Leaders that are currently performing your job successfully. We never let a teammate fail! Pay commensurate with experience.
Pay commensurate with experience for this Proven Super Star that has documented successful experience as a Design and Retail Sales Leader. Big company benefits and insurance available. Generous profit sharing and a 401K match to tenured employees. Two week vacation and continued education by La-Z-Boy and our company. Lots of encouragement, awards and rewards along the way.
We are selectively interviewing for an individual that will primarily be responsible for the management, leadership, development, training and motivation of a retail design and sales team while maintaining a high level of client contact and exceeding sales and design goals. Actively coach design consultants to raise professionalism of this award winning design service. Partnering with your designer and each consultant to manage design projects, customer contacts and relationships, sales volume, design consultant effectiveness and over all client satisfaction. Hold designer and design consultants accountable for exceeding goals.
Non-Negotiable Client Service Responsibilities
- Exhibit an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Strong communicator and public speaker.
- Exceeding minimum Gallery Design and Sales goals.
- Maintain staffing requirements.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Dress for success, we are in a fashion business.
- Follow operational policies and procedures. Ensure all policies are communicated and executed to your staff and are posted as required.
- Insure hourly/daily pristine condition of your showroom thru others.
- Evaluate and provide direction for your designer and design consultant’s performance in accordance with company policy. Provide timely constructive feedback to your work force Including daily rallies and timely completion of performance evaluations in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ensure adherence to all company policies outlined in our handbook.
- Effectively manage client contacts and relationships to improve client services, build design and retail sales volume, improve designer effectiveness and increase overall TEAM performance.
- The ability to manage and coach the design process including the review and feedback on residential design projects using technical and creative skills in color and space planning.
- Maintain our system to monitor the status of all open and pending design and sales projects. Continuously review design appointments and closing strategies.
- Be a good responsible teammate.
- Be on time.
- Serve as a role model for Client Service, Design and Sales performance.
- Represent La-Z-Boy in a professional fashion.
- Stay current on design and color trends to create fashionable design solutions.
- A degree in Marketing and/or Design from an accredited institution. Minimum 5 years, combined practical residential interior design experience and retail general management.
- Ability to multi task.
- Positive attitude.
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity along with knowledge of color and design.
- Be a determined leader with strong character.
- Clearly communicate and effectively listen to employee/client’s wants and needs.
- Able to work varied hours, days and weekends and holidays when called upon.
Don’t delay your response as could be your new and exciting career.