La-Z-Boy Incorporated

La-Z-Boy Incorporated Employee Reviews

The worst!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Redding, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Cons: unethical management, cheap product, low pay
Slimy, manipulative management that disciplines one employee while favoring another for the same activity. "Designer" services offered by a "online certified" designer who received her job because she is dating the regional sales manager and not for any actual skill or talent. Regional Sales Manager that implemented a requirement in which 12% of sales have to be given to his "Designer" girlfriend (which he shares a bank account with) or else you never make the next tier of pay. So essentially you are stuck at low hourly wages with no hope to ever advance to full commission. And let's not forget the furniture...Lazboy prides itself on being "American Made" and having OSB instead of plywood frames. Turns out that they have an entire series of "Signature" furniture made in China that is shipped in on containers and flip over one of those chairs and look at all of that furniture grade plywood. Lifetime warranty? 50% of the people that walk in the store are wanting to speak to the service department or complain about their poor quality furniture. Turns out you can't polish a t**d. Run away sales people. This place is a joke.
terrible company to work for
designer (Former Employee), Kansas cityNovember 16, 2014
Pros: surrounded by beautiful furniture
Cons: terrible management. run by keystone cops.
I worked for a corporate-owned store for 3 years. It was poorly run all the way from the area director to the store manager. They would require you to work a minimum of 55 hours a week, take away days off and not tell you (we always work 6 days a week during big sales- duh!), and require you to attend conferences calls on your days off or before the start of your shift. They don't pay well and commissions are a joke. They also may give you vacation days but make you feel like you can't take them (especially not all at once for several days in a row like a --gasp-- real vacation).

Ps design assistants are really just sales people under a different title. Run for the hills design students. You won't get real design experience at LZB.
Fast Paced, Long Hours
Production (Current Employee), Redlands, CASeptember 14, 2014
La-z-boy west the warehouse a great place to work, with its fast pace long hours work environment
Out of Business
Director of Supplier Development & Projects (Current Employee), Monroe, MIMarch 5, 2014
The company went bankrupt shortly after I left. They were acquired by Sumatomo, if I recall. It was not a good experience given that they couldn't pay their suppliers due to high debt and no income.
great place to work
Interior Design Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, PAOctober 15, 2013
This is a good place to work and I am gaining a lot of knowledge
Great place to work.
Home Furnishings Consultant (Current Employee), Lansing, MIApril 29, 2013
Pros: nice people to work with, benefits and paid vacation.
Cons: weekends
Friendly place to work. A lot of repeat customers who love La-Z-Boy furniture. We help people get comfortable and enjoy their home. I like being able to work on my own and do custom design work.
Great pay
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Monroe, MIApril 5, 2012
Pros: supportive co-workers
Cons: micro-managed
La-Z-Boy Incorporated provides employees with very little training but offers great pay and benefits package.
Payroll Department was a challenging department with rewards
Payroll Representative (Former Employee), Monroe, MIFebruary 9, 2012
I learned a lot in this department. I found it to be very challenging and rewarding. I learned how to reconcile accounts and became more involved with general ledgers and journal entries

About La-Z-Boy Incorporated

La-Z-Boy Incorporated is a reclining-chair manufacturer and a manufacturer of upholstered furniture. The Company also manufactures – Read more

La-Z-Boy Incorporated Salaries