La-Z-Boy

La-Z-Boy Employee Reviews

Management had no idea what they were doing. My boss's boss was amazing. Strict, but respectable
Prepper (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 3, 2015
It was an ok work environment. Some Co-workers had giant egos, especially one of the supervisors. I learned how to prep couches. I learned I have to ask questions and sometimes I had to really bug my supervisor for some feedback on how I was doing. My main supervisor was ok but I felt he really did not care about his employees how they were doing work wise. He was more preoccupied with his agenda and pleasing his boss. He was a yes man. Hardest part of my job was dealing with my supervisor. He really did not know what he was doing. But I showed him respect
great company
Sales Associate/Design Assistant (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILJune 25, 2015
The training at La-Z-Boy was amazing, they give you everything you have to know and let you practice practice practice until you feel comfortable on the sales floor.
Productivity at La-Z-Boy
Assitant Manager/ Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaJune 22, 2015
Pros: Advancement, exposure to diversity
Cons: Difficulty Interacting with Customer Service, management, etc.
My time at La-Z-Boy taught me a great deal about how to deal with leadership, peers and clientale of different cultures, backgrounds, etc. My day-to-day tasks consisted of training new employees, and making daily goals by selling furniture to new customers. Weekly furniture shipments also were regulated and meetings were curated by myself. The most enjoyable part about this job is interacting with a various groups of people and learning how to build rapport to help build value with clientale. The hardest part of the job was my interactions with management and other higher positions. Those of higher power are good people, however did not see day-to-day issues; therefore this lead to various problems not being dealt with the best way possible.
La-Z-Boy is a great company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Union, MSMay 29, 2015
Pros: good hours and over-time
Cons: short break and hot working environment
Although I only worked as a temporary worker, I enjoyed my time at La-Z-Boy. The workers were great with assisting and it was a clean and safe working environment. The hardest task we faced were the late "live load" truck, which are timed loads. When dealing with a late live load, we had to gather all warehouse associate to complete the task, causing a delay with other loads.
horrible experience
Sales associate (Former Employee), Milford, ConnecticutMay 20, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: poor management
I have never worked for a company where management was unprofessional. The management team at the Milford location is horrible. They are very lazy and make the regular employees do EVERYTHING. They sit around and talk about the other employees instead of uplifting the team. Regular employees never stay, they hire all the time but everyone always quits. They need to rehire all new management and work on building a strong team.
Your not a design assistant. You are a furniture salesman
Design assistant (Former Employee), Chesapeake VaApril 20, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Boring, bad pay, no benefits
Hired as a design assistant. I think that is just a ploy to get you in the door. Your there too sell. You also don't get any more than part time so they don't have to pay you commission or benefits. I'll pass on the 9.00 hourly and find a different job. The manager's make your Commission.
MILFORD CT, absolutely HORRIBLE
Design Assistant (Former Employee), Milford CTApril 16, 2015
Pros: nice employees
Cons: horrible management
First off they tell you, your getting a design assistant roll and then they put you on the sales floor. Not once did I do anything that I initially was hired for. Not only that but the management was HORRIBLE. Bad mouthing employees, framing other managers to take over their position. I was amazed that with such a huge company people were getting away with these things. The only good thing about this company was my co-workers and the customers. I'm beyond disappointed. I should have known.... right when I was hired they told me right off the bat, no one ever stays there.
LOVED my Managers, best Sales Team I've been apart of as of yet!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 5, 2015
Pros: sales team flow and respect
Cons: work life balance/ commissions
Can't say enough of my DM, Manager, Assistant Manager and TEAM!! Awesome learning!! As a team we flowed well and achieved every sales goal given to us. DM took time to train me to be number one! Manager proactive and humble assembling a sales team that was a force to be reckoned with!! I took with me great experiences. Hardest part of the job was work life balance and commissions being lower than expected. Most enjoyable part of the job was the daily sales team atmosphere, working together rather independently.
Mixed
Sales (Former Employee), Chicago on ElstonMarch 2, 2015
The Laz-y-Boy store on Elston Ave. has possible worst store Manager that I have had the misfortune of working with. He is
rude, abrasive and has no people skills what so ever.

The customers were great and the sales associates quite nice.
However, if you want to work with a manager that has the above
qualities...good luck!!
Fun Sales environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee), San DiegoFebruary 17, 2015
Pros Sales, Customers, Pay, and Co-Workers.
Cons Slow times, Marketing, Sales, Floor moves, Lack of accountability, No upward mobility.
Fun busy company. Lacks possibilities
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Nashua, NHFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: amazing employee discount
Cons: need to work for full time
This company is great. Really admired working here, however, wanting to become a manager is like pulling out your hair. Going through training is one thing. Giving false hope of becoming a manager is a big thing. Plus you'll only work part-time as a sales representative before even having the opportunity to work full-time.
OK.
Sale Lead/ Visual (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 6, 2014
Pros: team!!!
Cons: long hours for leads
Not such a bad company to have been employed by I will say some LONG hours if you are a lead at one of these stores.Great team to work with and even great customers (sometimes) just Long wait times for customers on there items if they were imported I understand that but they didn't. Over all great place!
Productive learning environment
Interior Design Assistant (Current Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 12, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: would prefer ft employment
Able to apply my skills and education from the classroom into real life experiences with clients.
Able to use my creativity to help design design solutions for clients.
Learn to incorporate marketing skills of products in the design plans.
Work is fun.
Framer (Former Employee), Siloam Springs, AROctober 20, 2014
Pros: discountes on furniture
Cons: really fast passe
The place is a great place to work if you are young and are in good health. You can make great money to, If I was physically able to without my hand going numb all the time I would still work there.
Great people, enjoyable workplace
Framer/Gerber Pick-up (Former Employee), Siloam Springs, AROctober 14, 2014
Both management and co-workers were friendly, helpful, approachable, and appreciative. I liked working overnights. Pay was good until they lowered pay based on incentive.
factory job
Framer (Former Employee), Neosho, MOOctober 14, 2014
Pros: the great career possibilities
Cons: quota equality between 1st shift and 2nd shift, long hours- big quotas
4:00am-4:40am: wake up and get ready

(1) framer- build chair frames
(1) stuffer- stuff and sow pillows and cushions
(3) upholstery- staple cushions and fabric to chair frame
(1) finisher- completes chair, box and wrap

assembly line of worker trying to meet quota
team effort.
if one team member is slow, it slows the line
unable to meet quota
less pay for all team members
the more in-sync the cell is the more money
Unpleasant training experience
CSR Training (Former Employee), Monroe MISeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: hostile trainer and mgmt. that does not seem to care
Instructor was more focused on embarrassing myself and others than actually teaching the class. I felt overwhelmed by the amount of information, complexity of the materials and details pertaining to their systems.

I felt extremely harassed and would never recommend this as a place of employment to anyone.

There isn't enough space to say what all occurred. I most definitely would prefer to be unemployed than to be used for a "whipping post."
Buiding furniture in a fun and safe atmosphere. and making a family to work with.
stuffer/trainer. (Former Employee), Tremonton, UTAugust 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, 401k, vacation
Cons: i have no cons, just sad that the plant shut down.
Productive and fun workplace, people oriented, a typical day at work was hitting our numbers for the day, working as a team where everyone worked together to get the job done in a timely manner. Set up our work station with the products that had to go out the doors first. keeping a steady, safe pace at all times. Management taught me to believe in what I was capable of doing, never thought I could train 150 employees, teaching them a trade. I enjoyed my job. I like to help people learn and have the patience for it. The hardest part of the job was being out in cells that paid piece rate. Sometimes you would get someone who didn't want to put 100% in to the work and, it hurt the others worker pay. They had to divide what they made for the day and split it up in 5-6 employees. So even the one who only gave it 50% still made the same amount of money as those that gave it 100%. I loved my job and the people I worked with at this Company.
productive motivated hands-on
Ripsaw Operator (Current Employee), newton msJuly 27, 2014
a typical day at work normally goes smoothly I get along with everyone never caused a problem. I take my job seriously and will do whatever it takes to make sure the job gets done (working late) etc. Management is a little strict other than that its a great work place .. the hardest part of the job is working in such little space with so much equipment. the most enjoyable part of the job is just knowing that I work in an environment where im wanted not needed.
A lot of work expected for low pay
Interior Designer (Former Employee), Duarte, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: low pay, unrealistic expectations, politics
I was brought on as a full time interior designer. Tasked to get lots of in-home consultations and increase the sales ticket. Problem is there was not a lot of foot traffic and I was mislead about how well the store did with in-homes. When I didn't perform within my first couple of weeks out on the floor after only receiving a couple weeks of training, they were getting ready to lay me off. They offered me a demotion to part time design assistant which I took because it was better than nothing and my husband at the time was unemployed and we have two little girls. The full time position was filled by the highest selling designer in our district. She was there for a couple weeks and even she couldn't pull the minimum numbers (says something about the location and foot traffic!!!) then she got injured and was not allowed to work, which meant I had to step up and perform her work. Of course at less pay and no commission. At the end of the day, the saving grace for that store was the people I worked with. they are awesome. but other than that, company doesn't look out for its employees.

1 2 3

About La-Z-Boy

La-Z-Boy works so that its customers can kick back and relax. A top US maker of upholstered furniture, La-Z-Boy sells its ubiquitous – Read more

La-Z-Boy Salaries