La-Z-Boy Employee Reviews

Decent Place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day at work was mainly setting up promos and taking care of guests. No matter what you're doing, guests always come first as it should be. I learned a lot about furniture and that's great when it comes time for me to buy furniture. The management was okay. Not always the best but stress gets to everyone. The hardest part of the job were taking care of cranky guests who wouldn't even look at you. The most enjoyable were the co-workers and the guest you could joke around with.
Protuctive work place
Interior Designer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLJanuary 18, 2017
A great experience in a corporate setting. Advising clients and working with fellow employees made each day a pleasure to go to work. Creating new spaces for clients and making a home a home by selecting furniture, fabric and rugs to make a comfortable working environment.
Great place to work Fridays are overtime.
General Labor/Production (Current Employee) –  Neosho, MOJanuary 8, 2017
I have worked here for five years. It has great pay you work four ten hour days and Friday is overtime. I have been able to support my family and pay for half of my schooling.
Pros
Friday hours are over time so free weekends.
Cons
Stand all day on your feet.
Productive and fun place to work.
First Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tremonton, UTJanuary 7, 2017
I worked there for 21 years. Started out as a sewing machine operator. With in five years I was able to progress to a first line supervisor. I worked with so many amazing individuals.
Pros
Cons
Moved the Utah company to Mexico
Good hometown work place
Metal room (Current Employee) –  Rhea County, TNJanuary 4, 2017
Good place to work and good people work with that are helpful and respectful . Plenty of work and hours you can work. Company that will work with employees
Structured sales environment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 31, 2016
La-Z-Boy has a very structured sales process to adhere to. The process is laid out step by step and they want you to sell a very specific way. (It's basically scripted)
Fun Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 30, 2016
Great people and company minus the low pay they give part-time employees. Part-time associates get NO benefits and NO COMMISSION on their sales. Hourly pay is $9.00 an hour from this BILLION dollar company and no increase in hourly.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
LOW PAY
sales agent
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIDecember 28, 2016
As a sales agent, I really love working with people; at La-Z-Boy, selling was so much fun. this product really sells itself, I learned so much about the different qualities of leather, and how to identify them. I also learned that working at this company you become family.
Pros
becoming part of a family
Cons
I would have love to work full time.
High turn over
Designer (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 13, 2016
Very intense training with product knowledge, but the company lacks Leadership skills, and development from the HR, Market, and Regional Managers.
Pros
Training
Cons
easy to have one on one conversation with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 6, 2016
something to do all day, learning products, rearranging furniture, flipping chairs over so clients can see the frame. everyone was helpful individual progress with teamwork coaching. hardest part of the job remembering the lazy boy only patent parts, most enjoyable part of job was just going.
Pros
discount on furniture
Cons
no more commission
fun place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 29, 2016
the day will go by quickly with all the work load. but everyone there worked as a team. great place! great management. I worked independently for the VP of Sales
Pros
discounts
Cons
high turn around
Great Place To work
Human resources administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MINovember 28, 2016
Amazing Management and team support. updated new building with outstanding support and work environment. Great place to work. Check them out today.......
My personal opinion about the factory work is excellent. Wish i was still there.
Metal Paint Line (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNNovember 23, 2016
I worked part time overnights in the lazboy factory. It was ruff adjusting to overnights but it was just me and 3 other guys there so much fun real physical labor work. Not recommended for the old timer, but if your young and lookin for a good place to stick some roots this is it.
Enjoyed working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Setauket, NYNovember 16, 2016
No problems working there.....However, it was difficult communicating with some of the other sales people regarding
how well they were doing and the amount of their orders
Enjoyed learning about furniture processes
Sales (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 3, 2016
Good coworkers, good hours and a real chance to help customers decide fabric, colors, d├ęcor for their homes. Met many good customers and sales reps in the process.
Pros
Always new floor setting and new products
Cons
No insurance or benefits
More like family than workplace
General Manager/Accountant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 3, 2016
This was perhaps my "first" real job out of college that allowed me to spread my wings and take charge. Great bunch of people, hard work, long hours, but paid well.

Once children came along, it became difficult to keep up the pace required to run the store, do all the accounting, ordering, assist in advertising, training the staff, supervise staff and maintain the inventory.
Pros
felt like family
Fun place to work
Design Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 31, 2016
Working at La Z Boy is an interesting time, there will be busy moments and some slow moments. Though everyone I work with are great people who make working there fun and interesting. I've learned how to talk to people better and work on selling techniques. The hardest part is working with La Z Boy specific programs and only being able to sell products from La Z Boy for designs.
Fast Paced work environment
Utility Person (Current Employee) –  Neosho, MOOctober 3, 2016
Not a bad place to, the main problem is having to depend on other team members to show up and want to work in order to make more $$

Also look forward to Carpal tunnel If you plan on working there more than a year or two.
Pros
climate controlled
Cons
dependant on other coworkers to make more $$
Lazboy is a great company
Poly picking (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 2, 2016
All I said about poly picker is the experience at La-Z-Boy that I had!!
I had enjoy this place since day one I arrived
All I want to seek for better opportunities for me to grow more
Productive, stayed busy, well trained, gold enviroment.
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Rhea County, TNSeptember 28, 2016
This was one of the best places to work every one was friendly everyone worked well with each other. The boss was a good person and tried to make sure all his workers where we'll taken care of. The work was hard but it was well worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La-Z-Boy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9