La-Z-Boy

La-Z-Boy Employer Reviews

LOVED my Managers, best Sales Team I've been apart of as of yet!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 5, 2015
Pros: sales team flow and respect
Cons: work life balance/ commissions
Can't say enough of my DM, Manager, Assistant Manager and TEAM!! Awesome learning!! As a team we flowed well and achieved every sales goal given to us. DM took time to train me to be number one! Manager proactive and humble assembling a sales team that was a force to be reckoned with!! I took with me great experiences. Hardest part of the job was work life balance and commissions being lower than expected. Most enjoyable part of the job was the daily sales team atmosphere, working together rather independently.
Mixed
Sales (Former Employee), Chicago on ElstonMarch 2, 2015
The Laz-y-Boy store on Elston Ave. has possible worst store Manager that I have had the misfortune of working with. He is
rude, abrasive and has no people skills what so ever.

The customers were great and the sales associates quite nice.
However, if you want to work with a manager that has the above
qualities...good luck!!
Fun Sales environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee), San DiegoFebruary 17, 2015
Pros Sales, Customers, Pay, and Co-Workers.
Cons Slow times, Marketing, Sales, Floor moves, Lack of accountability, No upward mobility.
Fun busy company. Lacks possibilities
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Nashua, NHFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: amazing employee discount
Cons: need to work for full time
This company is great. Really admired working here, however, wanting to become a manager is like pulling out your hair. Going through training is one thing. Giving false hope of becoming a manager is a big thing. Plus you'll only work part-time as a sales representative before even having the opportunity to work full-time.
OK.
Sale Lead/ Visual (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 6, 2014
Pros: team!!!
Cons: long hours for leads
Not such a bad company to have been employed by I will say some LONG hours if you are a lead at one of these stores.Great team to work with and even great customers (sometimes) just Long wait times for customers on there items if they were imported I understand that but they didn't. Over all great place!
Productive learning environment
Interior Design Assistant (Current Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 12, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: would prefer ft employment
Able to apply my skills and education from the classroom into real life experiences with clients.
Able to use my creativity to help design design solutions for clients.
Learn to incorporate marketing skills of products in the design plans.
Work is fun.
Framer (Former Employee), Siloam Springs, AROctober 20, 2014
Pros: discountes on furniture
Cons: really fast passe
The place is a great place to work if you are young and are in good health. You can make great money to, If I was physically able to without my hand going numb all the time I would still work there.
Great people, enjoyable workplace
Framer/Gerber Pick-up (Former Employee), Siloam Springs, AROctober 14, 2014
Both management and co-workers were friendly, helpful, approachable, and appreciative. I liked working overnights. Pay was good until they lowered pay based on incentive.
factory job
Framer (Former Employee), Neosho, MOOctober 14, 2014
Pros: the great career possibilities
Cons: quota equality between 1st shift and 2nd shift, long hours- big quotas
4:00am-4:40am: wake up and get ready

(1) framer- build chair frames
(1) stuffer- stuff and sow pillows and cushions
(3) upholstery- staple cushions and fabric to chair frame
(1) finisher- completes chair, box and wrap

assembly line of worker trying to meet quota
team effort.
if one team member is slow, it slows the line
unable to meet quota
less pay for all team members
the more in-sync the cell is the more money
Unpleasant training experience
CSR Training (Former Employee), Monroe MISeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: hostile trainer and mgmt. that does not seem to care
Instructor was more focused on embarrassing myself and others than actually teaching the class. I felt overwhelmed by the amount of information, complexity of the materials and details pertaining to their systems.

I felt extremely harassed and would never recommend this as a place of employment to anyone.

There isn't enough space to say what all occurred. I most definitely would prefer to be unemployed than to be used for a "whipping post."
Buiding furniture in a fun and safe atmosphere. and making a family to work with.
stuffer/trainer. (Former Employee), Tremonton, UTAugust 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, 401k, vacation
Cons: i have no cons, just sad that the plant shut down.
Productive and fun workplace, people oriented, a typical day at work was hitting our numbers for the day, working as a team where everyone worked together to get the job done in a timely manner. Set up our work station with the products that had to go out the doors first. keeping a steady, safe pace at all times. Management taught me to believe in what I was capable of doing, never thought I could train 150 employees, teaching them a trade. I enjoyed my job. I like to help people learn and have the patience for it. The hardest part of the job was being out in cells that paid piece rate. Sometimes you would get someone who didn't want to put 100% in to the work and, it hurt the others worker pay. They had to divide what they made for the day and split it up in 5-6 employees. So even the one who only gave it 50% still made the same amount of money as those that gave it 100%. I loved my job and the people I worked with at this Company.
productive motivated hands-on
Ripsaw Operator (Current Employee), newton msJuly 27, 2014
a typical day at work normally goes smoothly I get along with everyone never caused a problem. I take my job seriously and will do whatever it takes to make sure the job gets done (working late) etc. Management is a little strict other than that its a great work place .. the hardest part of the job is working in such little space with so much equipment. the most enjoyable part of the job is just knowing that I work in an environment where im wanted not needed.
A lot of work expected for low pay
Interior Designer (Former Employee), Duarte, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: low pay, unrealistic expectations, politics
I was brought on as a full time interior designer. Tasked to get lots of in-home consultations and increase the sales ticket. Problem is there was not a lot of foot traffic and I was mislead about how well the store did with in-homes. When I didn't perform within my first couple of weeks out on the floor after only receiving a couple weeks of training, they were getting ready to lay me off. They offered me a demotion to part time design assistant which I took because it was better than nothing and my husband at the time was unemployed and we have two little girls. The full time position was filled by the highest selling designer in our district. She was there for a couple weeks and even she couldn't pull the minimum numbers (says something about the location and foot traffic!!!) then she got injured and was not allowed to work, which meant I had to step up and perform her work. Of course at less pay and no commission. At the end of the day, the saving grace for that store was the people I worked with. they are awesome. but other than that, company doesn't look out for its employees.
Good Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJune 28, 2014
Furniture sales. Great customer service skills. Very diverse environment.
Good Company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Attleboro, MAMay 3, 2014
Ever evolving company, amazing product. Being that it is retail, it can be long days and hours. Great that every day is a new adventure working with customers.
great employers
box truck driver (Former Employee), Richburg, SCApril 17, 2014
exellent company with great benefits and awesome supervisors who ensure team work
Power Tools
Chair Builder (Former Employee), Redlands, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: hard working
Cons: working shift
It was my first time to use the power tool to bolt them together.
Created lasting relatioships
Sales associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 6, 2014
Learned better to coordinate and help others create their rooms.
Live Life Comfortably at La-Z-Boy
Design Consultant/Sales Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: designing for customer to give them the finished look they want for their home.
Cons: being so busy that you don't get a break.
Working at La-Z-boy was a good experience. They gave me access to several tools to help customers. One of which was setting up Design Seminars with customers. These seminars gave the customers the ability to visualize what the finished project would look like. I enjoy helping customers with all size projects, from one room to a complete house. La-Z-boy has several ways of getting new training out to the stores; conference calls, store meetings, and e-mail. La-Z-boy is well known for chairs and sofas but they also sell casegoods. They haven't been in the casegoods business as long though. The delivery team is geared to deliver the upholstered furniture and is well educated in how the process works, but the casegoods are not as easily delivered and set up. They are learning, but it makes customer service issues slightly more difficult. In turn, it makes it tremendously harder at the store level to fix these types of issues. One way to help in easing these issues is working as a team. When a store does not have a quality team to work with, it shows in the numbers. Better the team, the better numbers and more excitement. It’s all about the profit in retail.
Fun and productive place to work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Newton, MSDecember 21, 2013
Pros: great job!
Cons: worked lots of days!
Great Job! Learned a lot! The only thing I didn't like was being stuck inside a building all day.

1 2 3

About La-Z-Boy

La-Z-Boy works so that its customers can kick back and relax. A top US maker of upholstered furniture, La-Z-Boy sells its ubiquitous – Read more

La-Z-Boy Salaries