La-Z-Boy Employee Reviews in United States

I Enjoyed My Time With Lazboy.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 17, 2016
1 Getting The Showroom Ready. Greeting Customers 2 Doing Some Of The Paper Work Like Credit Checks Finance Programs. 3 People Were Easy To Approach.4 Very Considerate Helpful. 5 Cancellations Of Sales. Making The Sales So I Make My Monthly Planner. 6 Dealing With the Customers.
Pros
I Had A Retirement Plan.
Cons
Taking Care Of The Maintaince Of The Floor.
potential is there, but not really here
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTApril 28, 2016
I took the job and one of the first things that I was told was that not may of the sales associates stick around. That did send up flags but I stuck around and gave it a shot. I did have some fun working there, talking to customers and some co-workers on the floor, but there is really no room for personality to shine through. You have a strict form that script that needs to be done for every customer, even if it doesn't work on selling them the product, but you can find ways to make it work, and you can make customer interactions the best part of your day if you take the time and have some fun with it (but really, make sure you hit the points on the script).
It was non-commission, so it was really hard processing tens of thousands of sales a month, only to walk away with pay just above minimum wage. If you lead the store in sales, there is zero reward, except the few times they may buy you a lunch and say good job. However, they offered generally flexible hours and a basic 401K. Also, most of my co-sale associates and design team are amazing people. They are what kept me coming back and making the sales. We would brag about sales and throw unofficial contests at each other, like selling a power chair in leather or something, just for bragging rights.
The worst part of the job, and here is the giant RED FLAG, is the some members management. They have days where they are your best friend and others where you do everything to avoid contact with them. They are very cliquey and will talk about each other to coworkers and about coworkers to each other. It took away the fun out
  more... of the job and it really took a toll on the sales associates because they had no desire to be there and sell, since the management are the ones who gain on commission. It also not like other jobs where they sit in a back room, but they are on the floor with you, so there is no place to go to get away from them, but rather you have to spend the days with them in a corner ignoring you, or being your friend (depending on the day). They also have regular employees doing the brunt of the work, while they sit on cell phones, or sit and talk.
During my time there, which I would consider a rather short time, we went though about 8 people, which is significant since only about 10 work there at a time.
This has potential to be a fun place to work, especially for a part-time job, but the culture has to change because it is just toxic.
Pros
Flexible hours, room to have fun with customers, co-workers
Cons
poor management, poor culture/environment, low pay
Productive and fun work enviorment with a ping pong table
Warehouse associated (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHApril 27, 2016
Its a great work environment where they is people willing to help everyday. I learned new things on how to work, and how to work with furniture. Our management team is great and there always willing to help out others if there not able to perform at there best, my Co-workers are very productive and hard workers. The hardest thing about my job is "NOTHING" very easy and productive job. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers and management we have a ping pong table that we have and play on our breaks.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Short break, heathcare, ect
Good product
Sales (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOApril 24, 2016
Selling La-Z-Boy furniture was fun. The quality of furniture made it fun and easy to sell. Management was nice but, there have been many changes to La-Z-Boy. Firs they took away commission and lowered hours worked. Leaving it less desirable to sell products.
Pros
Selling
Cons
Hours
Fun, competitive work place.
Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 18, 2016
The best part of my job was meeting new people and creating a space that they will love.
The worst part of my job was working every weekend and being the only closing manager.
Most of my co-workers were very friendly and supportive.
My boss was not very helpful at all.
I learned that it is very important to stand up for yourself and to be a team player.
Pros
Being able to be creative
Cons
Never getting a full break as a manager
Intense work enviornment
Floater (Current Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARMarch 22, 2016
Aside from the great workers, the environment of this company is consistent when it comes to work and production. I have learned to stay focused and never stray away from our goal on a daily basis.
Lacking motivation to exceed my design skills and aspirations.
Design and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at work is very easy going, laid-back environment and making sure that every customer is taken care of through my expertise of designer and customer assistance.

I have learned a lot on product knowledge, customizable options, understanding the company's database. hands-on training with design program overall policies.

The management team is somewhat helpful on handling certain discrepancies. We had several different store managers transferring to our store and it was somewhat difficult to work around that. There are some days that were lacking communication and follow-ups with clientele which makes it very difficult for myself to handle. I'm used to working very organized and sometimes that is the case. My co- workers are extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I work very well with them through frequent communication and assistance.
Pros
Easy-going work environment, friendly staff, occasional free meals, benefits
Cons
non-commission based pay, Little pay, Not challenging enough nor faster paced, Doesn't benefit my design skill set enough
Great place!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJMarch 4, 2016
I was the store manager and this company supported me to the end!! had to leave because my dad was very sick in florida and i had to leave.
Pros
Great people
Fun work place
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 3, 2016
Loved working with customers from start to finish. Explaining features and benefits. Help design room size & design furiture that would fit plus working with different fabric's
Pros
Friendly Co Workers
Cons
To far to drive
nice place to work
warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMarch 2, 2016
a very nice place to work the people were very nice I unloading trucks loaded trucks and keeping the warehouse in order and fixing furniture and also going to customer houses to fix their furniture
Pros
good shift
Cons
n/a
production
Framer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNFebruary 22, 2016
I was very hard worker been there 21 years I never hardly missed a day there ..never late to my job..always called in if I was going to be out
Very busy good people loved the overtime
Picker driver, (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEFebruary 16, 2016
A lot of work which kept you busy. Learned process of receiving inbound product and stocking it.Liked if you had a problem managers help you,good co/workers.hardest part stocking racks.Enjoyed payday
Learning environment
Interior Designer's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAFebruary 15, 2016
Working with an interior designer has been a dream of mine for a few years. However, the designs were a little unorganized and the designer wasn't that clear with what she was doing. Management was a little too controlling and didn't leave a lot of room for learning and personal space. I didn't like the furniture and the furniture I did like was way too overpriced.
Pros
Some nice furniture
Cons
Expensive
Freedom to Learn
District Training Manager and Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 8, 2016
You will have the freedom to run your own store as you see fit. Management does not micro-manage but they do expect a lot. Great company overall.
My Review
Sign Waver (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAFebruary 5, 2016
I worked by waving a sign outside. The hardest part of the job is staying out there , it was hot in the summer time. The co-workers were good people.
Cons
Shorts breaks
Interior Designer La-Z-Boy
Interior Designer (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 29, 2016
La-Z-Boy overall is a great company and a great job. Typical day at work going out on In Home Appointments/ In Store Presentation Appointments, handling customer issues, multitasking working on multiple projects at a time. I am a manger there and help train any new hires for Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. Most difficult part of the job is working weekends and holidays when my husband is off work, but I enjoy all of my co-workers and we have a great connection.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2016
Very good and fun place to work at. Get to meet new people everyday and interact with conversations. Have good co workers
Fun to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILJanuary 17, 2016
greeting customers is always a priority. Management and coworkers are fun to be around. Talking to customers was the best part of the job. Hardest part was to get all data entry in by the end of the day.
Pros
being able to customize a piece of furniture that will last a lifetime.
Cons
some late nights
Not a fun atmosphere
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GaDecember 26, 2015
The culture of this place is awful. GM has let his wife destroy sales associates moral. Plays favorite to her friend who works there and have made it harder to achieve commission goals. Have forgotten they're in a military town and do nothing for the military. Proceed at own risk
Cons
management
Work environment new and beautiful
payroll specialist (Former Employee) –  Monroe MIDecember 17, 2015
Fast paced, tight deadlines, accuracy. I learned to prioritze more effectively to meet deadlines with payrolls and taxes. I appreciate working as a team member and cultivating new friends. Stress in any position is hard. I did enjoy my job but I believe the people were the most enjoyable within and without the company.
Pros
team members
Cons
stress