LA Care Health Plan Employee Reviews

Customer Service/Medi-cal/Cal-Medi-Connect (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Please be aware that the atmosphere feel
Crazy and micromanaged and some bosses act crazy. Just. E aware and enjoy the experience and and enjoy learning the material.
Great atmosphere to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 24, 2018
LA Care was a good company to work for. The employees were well taken care of, and everyone was friendly. The only drawback was that they had mandatory OT and due to traffic in LA, I had to take public transportation. Because of the Mandatory OT, sometimes I did not get off until late when transportation did not run on a regular schedule. This resulted in my getting home at 10:00 PM or later, when my shift ended at 7PM
Pros
Decent salary friendly atmosphere
Cons
Mandatory OT
An Extremely Challenging Environment Constantly In Flux
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2018
L.A Care's mission is what drew me to the opportunity and kept me there for the years I worked there. I found it to be an organization that demands more than it gives. There are great individuals there and satisfying work. However, there is very, very little recognition for work well done and most advancement comes from aligning oneself carefully, versus through the talent one has, or the quality and caliber of the work product they offer. It is a demoralizing environment.
Pros
Good matching on 401k
Cons
Very little opportunity for advancement or recognition
poor management
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2018
management is very unproffessional. Please apply and see for yourself.I would only recomend this job to people that I dislike.I would also recomend this place to someone who has no interest in life and that is not afraid to be carted out by the ambulance during work.
Pros
coffee
Cons
stress
CSC Service Representative I (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 12, 2018
I learned so much being in the call center.
Management was great.
The people that I worked with was helpful.
The hardest part of the job is when my contract expired and it was
time to go.
My most enjoyable part was being able to learn so much from training and helping the members with any questions they called in about.
Pros
Free fruit on Fridays
Cons
No Cons
Great people to work with
Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2018
LA care Health plan is an okay company to work for. The pay and benefits are great. Great people to work with but not so much management. Management lack organization and tend to micromanage their employees. The rewarding part of this job is that you are able to help out members in the LA county that are in need of quality health care.
Pros
They have pop up lunches that come everyday.
Cons
Micro Management
Resources to Help Employees Learn and Grow
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2017
Generous tuition reimbursement program and a genuine commitment by Workforce Development staff to procure trainings requested by teams, plus an Internet-based learning system with a plethora of professional trainings available to all employees, as well as a mentor-mentee Program. There are Fit for Life classes like yoga, piyo, zumba, kickboxing, and meditation offered on-site during lunch and after work. There is also a Toastmasters club to help improve your public speaking skills! There is a transparent and clear, merit-based annual review process. You must be an adaptable and collaborative individual to succeed in this organization.
Pros
Employee development-focused, mission-driven
Cons
Red tape restricts innovation
Nice company to work for.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 15, 2017
If you have a passion for helping people, you would like this company. There are shifts available any time of day. (Graveyard is at a different location. But their Customer Solution Center is 24 hours/7 days a week.
Company with expectations are driven home to all employees.
Senior Systems Configuration Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2017
The company is customer driven with the ability to loose sight of the employees at times.
In loosing sight there are minimal opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Give back on carpoolers
Cons
Removed remote working capabilities
Cut Throat
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2017
Unless you are in a secure high level role, you will not see many opportunities for advancement. Unfriendly and cut throat environment where favoritism is often seen.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Management, Fairness, Opportunities
not a fun place for me
ATI Temp Assignments (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 21, 2017
the training at LA Care was fast pace and expect two much in such a short period it was very stressful. Nice workplace cultural typically working 8 hours with two 15 mins breaks.
Cons
15 mins
Long hours, barking management, transitioning from old clunky system to new clunky system
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2017
I worked long ours because the majority of the time, the information system I worked with had a lot of auditing issues. Had a director that acted as a tyrant. Also worked on one system that was slow and difficult. A transition had begun to transfer to another one but it had so many glitches, the transition to it kept getting postponed.
Rewarding job
ENROLLMENT SUPPORT SERVICES REP (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2017
It is a rewarding job because you help people in need. This position has you answering and conducting outbound calls. It can get stressful but management helps facilitate everything.
Good Experience
QA AUTOMATION ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2017
Very happy to work with LA Care health. Good support and good environment. Great experience ever I had. Very competitive. I highly recommend to my friends.
Excellent place to work
Utilization Management Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90017August 16, 2017
If you can make it in LA Care, you can make it anywhere. It is hard to get in and get a full time status. You are hired as a temp then prove your worth to become a regular employee and member of the Utilization management team.
Pros
Work at home, travel allowance, medical waiver allowance
Cons
High number of case loads
LA Care Health Plan
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 21, 2017
most enjoyable part of job is when I am able to help a member or provider with their needs

being in a call center and taking calls back to back 8 hours a day with overtime is very stressful
its very great
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2017
ive learned that i have to give my kids the world and what they need if i am not working then my kids are not good and i want a better future for them and great opportunities
Pros
N?A
Cons
n/a
Awesome place to work
Senior Fiancial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2017
LA Care is a great place to work! However, some department put personal preference over the well-being of the business/organization. Overall, I would recommend working here.
Pros
Competitive Salary and great benefits and PTOs
Cons
Lots of politics
Great company to work for.
Provider Network Data Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2017
Great company to work for!! Management doesn't breathe down your throat their usually to busy to do it anyways. Lunches are awesome here , different food vendors everyday in the break room. lots of fun perks and benefits. only bad thing is Parking, I was a temp and I didn't qualify for a parking pass so I had to pay $10 a day or take the train.
Pros
pay, lunches, staff
Cons
parking
FRC Inglewood is the a fun professional enviroment
Family Resource Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Its a fun professional work place, I enjoy working with the community. theres a lot of laughter amongs the staff and community. great place to work for
Pros
great benefits