LA Care Health Plan Employee Reviews

Great company to work for.
Provider Network Data Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2017
Great company to work for!! Management doesn't breathe down your throat their usually to busy to do it anyways. Lunches are awesome here , different food vendors everyday in the break room. lots of fun perks and benefits. only bad thing is Parking, I was a temp and I didn't qualify for a parking pass so I had to pay $10 a day or take the train.
Pros
pay, lunches, staff
Cons
parking
Productive as well as fun
Claims Examiner/Adjuster II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2016
My overall experience with LA Care was okay the pay was great one of the best places I have worked that paid really well. On the other hand they had a lot of work to do as far as office professionalism. The company has great potential but just need the right people in leadership to help the company to get there. In closing it was an experience.
Pros
Salary and incentives
Cons
breaks
Horrible
CM CMC Care Coordinator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 3, 2016
Dont bother. Worst! no loyalty and cliques like in HS. Discrimination and favorites only get ahead. C0-workers are good but management is very sneaky and vindictive
Pros
location
Cons
management
Horrible management
Provider Network Data Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2016
I worked for this place for a little over 2 months. My direct supervisor had no clue how to do her job. All she did every day, all day was audit our reports and tell us she was still seeing errors without telling us what they were. The training was NOT complex. They're constantly making changes to our work processes every day and that's no joke. It became tough to keep up with all the changes they made daily considering I was still getting familiar with their system. Management overall is very tactless and unprofessional.
Cons
Tactless, unprofessional, lack of proper training
Fast paced and productive at the Membership Enrollment Department.
Membership Information Unit Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2016
My work consist of a lot of auditing, updating and correcting member information. Reviewing and validating member data. Also processing live transfers of Health Plan or Primary Care Providers upon member request, and many other daily tasks
Pros
Free Lunches, Close by commute.
Cons
Traffic
No comment
Talent Acquisition Partner (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 4, 2016
Politically ran organization with personal agendas being the motto on the daily basis. Not a company that should be held in high regard by incoming new hires.
Learning more
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2016
I like my job here. I 'am being trained in another department and getting more knowledge about the Health Plan and all that it offers.
Pros
Hope to advance
Cons
Being a Temp
Good Job, not a good career
Management in the call center is questionable at best. Requirements are constantly increased, and transferring to a different department is extremely difficult to do.
Pros
Good Salaries, great health benefits
Cons
Incentives are nearly impossible to obtain
Good pay and benefits but poor management
CMC Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2016
overall the company is amazing is does offer competitive pay, somewhat flexible schedule and it does offer good hours for time-off
Pros
Competitive Pay, Benefits
Cons
Management, Work under way too much pressure
Diverse Office
Utilization Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 6, 2016
co workers from diverse backgrounds lead to a better understanding of other cultures, values, and traditions
executive team should focus on correcting databases
A great Starter company
PNO DATA COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 2, 2016
Working for this company was great. They are starting to reconstruct their departments. They offer free tea, hot chocolate and coffee in the break rooms. And fresh fruit on Fridays.
Busy, fast paced work environment.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Busy, fast paced work environment. Able to support multiple projects, multitask and complete projects timely. Responsible for regulatory and ad hoc reporting.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Long commute
Worst working experience
SNF & LTC Placement Nurse, Medical Management (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2015
Worst company I've worked for in my entire nursing career. They do not appreciate their employees and have high turn around rate. Higher ups in the company hierarchy bully their staff, especially if they have a reason not to like them, and make their workload difficult until they decide to resign. They also do not cater to their members in a professional fashion and never have the correct answers. Training was non-existent and lacked organization. Favoritism was prominent as well. No support whatsoever.
Cons
Lack of support, disorganized, high turn around rate.
Proffessional workplace
Medical Management, Authorization Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2015
LA Care is a company everyone should get in to if they have the chance. There's so many benefits this company offers. A typical work day requires you to review different members cases while working with your peers. The hardest part of the job is taking in all of the information, there's a lot of different Lines of Business to learn about
Pros
Educating yourself in the health field
Cons
training is not so good
Okay company
Junior Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2014
Before Obama care it was a good company now not so much. too many negatives to list.
Quality Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles CaAugust 28, 2014
LA Care Health Plan is great place to work and advance. Management and co-workers are approachable. A typical day will include auditing call center representative calls, auditing daily reports, auditing member outreach dept. and member information unit. Reviewing daily emails and urgent member request sent by other depts. Primary back up to call center and will need to assist with incoming calls as needed. The hardest part was finishing month end to assure all reports are complete, calls audited and sent to call center staff and making sure all quality reviewers have finished there monthly workload. The most enjoyable part was the personal. I really enjoyed working for LA Care.
Pros
Great benefits, retirement program and monthly incentives
I have not enjoyed my employment at LA Care
Senior Clinical Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 4, 2014
I have a background and experience that have benefitted the company greatly yet am treated as an entry level employee.
Friendly staff and upper management
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 4, 2013
LA Care offers a very warm and welcoming environment. Upper management is very caring, and supportive. The employees are respectful, and are terrific to get along with.
Pros
Employee giveaways, incentives
Cons
The benefit packages are very expensive
Temporary Position
Admin. Assistant/Budget Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2012
This was a temporary postion with the option of direct hire, but they have too many issues.
productive work place, gorwth oriented, great compensation
Claims Examiner / Temp (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2012
Great place to work and grow. Nice atmosphere, incentive programs, nice building.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LA Care Health Plan. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9