La Clinica Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Staff at Casa del Sol, La Clinica have a calling to serve this community
Behavioral Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 18, 2015
I have worked at Casa del Sol, the mental health clinic of La Clinica de la Raza, for 16 years. Some of the best people I have met in my life are/were either clients or staff at La Clinica.
We serve the most endearing and grateful community.
Despite the many challenges of community mental health, I consider myself lucky to have been given the opportunity to work here. I am encouraged to use my talents, follow my passion and dreams and grow as a professional.
Yes, more money and less paperwork would be nice, but living a life with purpose, surrounded by a superb and genuine group of friends, and impacting people's lives through caring and respectful services, makes it all worthwhile.
Pros
Dedicated, friendly and professional staff, grateful clients
Cons
The challenges of community mental health
Excellent Agency to work for
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Medford, OregonAugust 12, 2015
I enjoy what I do. There is room for growth and creativity. I receive individual and group supervision that is good quality.
Pros
Freedom to be creative, incorporate new programs and ideas
easy and slow paced job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2015
I would help patients with there therapy also vital new patients I would fill out paperwork and file it in the correct order
A friendly work environment filled with positive energy
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMarch 21, 2015
The hours are reasonable, and management is willing to make minor adjustments to the schedule in order to suit personal needs. The coworkers are very friendly and personable, and veterans of the profession are very helpful in sharing their knowledge and answering any questions you may have.
La Clinica
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ORNovember 5, 2014
The training was horrible. Noone would help if asked, they said one job description and had you do things you were never trained on and not in job description.
Over worked and under paid
RDA (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 19, 2014
Overall worked at this clinic for almost 4 years and nothing changed? Management sucks they don't care about all the overload of patients you see? Its never enough? Too bad they only see the patients as a number in order to get a lump sum check!! Hardly no breaks? If you don't get it oh well?? We are always short staffed, workers call in sick often cause they are too tired from the day before? Or mad??No team work?? Revolving door for late patients?? No respect for appointment time cause at this clinic it doesn't matter cause your just a. Number and they need to get paid!! So who cares if we aren't able to take breaks ? Go to lunch late? Leave late?? Differently not management cause they leave around 3!!!!! Oh and Saturdays a must work!! If you have a family of your own, you can kiss your Sats goodbye!!
Pros
i worked at a all childrens clinic . the kids were awesome
Cons
no team work, under paid, patient overloads, work every sat!!
Cliques and nonprofessionalism
RN (Former Employee) –  Southern OregonMay 8, 2014
Not a good place if you are a well-seasoned and intelligent professional. Management is not in tune with professional workers
and it is a factory-like work environment. Latinos are
cliquey and there is inappropriate behavior. Staff is does not work well as a team overall.
CEO espouses a philosophy that is not carried through.
The patients make the pain of working there tolerable.
provider (Former Employee) –  oakland, caMarch 30, 2014
Typical day at work: busy, dealing with frustrating systems, unable to provide the care I believe in and patients deserve
What I learned: the patients make the pain of working at LC tolerable.
Management: ineffective, lack motivational skills, do not care about their employees' professional growth, money hungry
Co-workers: mostly good folks who are overworked, underpaid, and angry at administration
Hardest part of the job: unable to provide quality care to my patients because of institutional systems that do not work, yet continue in existence because management is too rigid to change them
Most enjoyable part of the job: witnessing patients' doing their part in getting healthy despite the limitations in care
Pros
patients do not have other places to go
Cons
everything else
it was a fun work place. Everyone was really nice and helpful.
extern medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAOctober 23, 2013
a typical day at work would be rooming a patient, taking their vital signs, getting them ready to see the doctor and performing any tasks the doctor would ask us for.
It's wonderful place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  3617 S. Pacific Hwy, Medford, OR 97501May 25, 2012
Because this was a temporary position (the A/P clerk had surgery), but I really enjoyed there work environment - fast path and fun.
La Clinica laboratory has limited resources and tries to provide quality health care within its budget.
Laboratory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 21, 2012
La Clinica Laboratory addressed their problems which enabled them to recover over a 250 thousand in one year. This accomplishment could have only happened with the hard work, trust, and flexibility of staff and administration.
Pros
lots if hard work and challenge for everyone
Cons
no job security

2.9