La Curacao

La Curacao Employee Reviews

When you see your supervisor's boss than your supervisor...
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaliforniaApril 22, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, tasks and general experience
Cons: Supervisor etiquette, Management incompetence, stressful environment
As it was a seasonal position, I fully expected for the position to not last very long. My hours were typical of a part-time worker, with your standard ten minute breaks, I liked the job and the interaction with the customers.

My co-workers, the ones who mentored me for the month showed me what solid teamwork was about and to rely on them and each other proved that their station in the store was like a well-oiled machine, getting sales whenever they could with no pressure from the sales representative to the customer, it was like magic.

Now for the bad part.

Our recruiter had informed us that during our job life, there was a chance of having the position be certified as permanent, but only if the supervisor recommends it. No biggie right? Work hard and prove that you are worthy of the position was a drive for me as I was able to get over my speaking fears to the public over this position and I wanted to contribute as a way of repayment.

Except...the supervisor was never around when I worked my shift. All duties to the supervisor fell to the most senior co-worker while the supervisor got all credit for his hard work. That was unfair of the supervisor, who during all my time working for the section, hardly showed up except to do menial things like wrapping products together with Saran Wrap in bundles.

When the supervisor did show up, it was during times where I stopped to take a breather and drank a bit of water to keep myself going. I believe the supervisor thought I was slacking off because the atmosphere felt very hostile whenever the supervisor was around. Thankfully, – more... the team who I worked with knew the truth that standing for hours on end can be a bit daunting, especially as someone who wasn't used to crowds.

Any attempts to connect with the supervisor were met with myself being ordered to shadow an employee, which made me feel useless.

I felt that the supervisor's boss was more of a figure of authority than the supervisor, which was troubling as the supervisor's boss had better things to do than to oversee my supervisor's duties, even if her office was right outside our door.

Personally, I believe the adage of "tenure" and "getting the job because you know someone" felt never more truthful during my time there if that is how management behaves.

In short, the following points are made:

The Good:

Enjoyable co-worker environment
Respectable hours and honored any break times earned.
Allowed myself to get over fears of public speaking.

The Bad:
Supervisor was judged incompetent and not worth the responsibility by myself.

Any attempts to connect with the supervisor was rebuffed with tasks that made the job feel lackluster.

Any times where the supervisor did show up, was to criticize myself and my co-workers for slacking off.

While Your Mileage May Vary, this was my experience working for this particular store. – less
pleasant place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAApril 11, 2015
-pick various stores
- drive a forklift
-use t5 voice template/ RF scanner
-check stores for other associates
-trainer to new hires
Worst company I ever worked for
Collector (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Bad management, managers do not care at all of their employees. A lot of work to do for such low salary. There is not room to grow with them, and if there is, the increase of the pay would vary from 1 to 3 dollars.
Managers will take advantage of their status and fire employees with not reason even if they are good at their work.
Company faces a lot of sues from ex employees. Apart from all, as a company, they do not care about their clients, they just want to take advantage of their legal status and take away their money with high rates of APR
like it
Sales (Former Employee), panorama cityNovember 6, 2014
I like this job , because it was different , you have to resolve problems or issues with every single client and the best part is that they are always right so i was challenging myself every day .
great place to work for
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 19, 2014
i had so much fun working here. They were always very flexible with my schedule and very understanding
productive, fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hrs
Cons: partime
good place to work, good management. flexible hrs. nice coworkers
All co-workers very friendly specialy my boss very respectful all times.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: you have 30 min of lunch not free lunch
Cons: very short brakes 15 mins of brakes, health very good
Love to work with them always smiling good character very professional and most of all very good customer serves always punctual.
Not a good place to work at
Field Technician (Former Employee), Vernon, CADecember 27, 2013
poor management. not a friendly place to work at. They are will to let go great works.
Review
District Manager (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 27, 2013
Not a good company to work for. No work life balance and too Executive heavy. 9 Vp's and 2 district Managers for 10 stores is overkill.
I loved the work environment.
Stockroom Lead (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2013
It was a fast pace work place. It always keep me on my toes. They showed me management skills.
Horrible working conditions
Customer Service (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 28, 2013
Pros: decent income
Cons: never ending lines of angry customers
A typical day was dealing with angry customers who were at wits end about continued failed services. Promises to resolve the customer issues were never met.
Fun and learning work place
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2013
Pros: customers offered lunch for great customer service
Cons: pay rate low
At a typical day we had customers coming in and I will show them and explain the differences between the products and create estimates. One of the most enjoyable part of this job is that I knew my way around it and the department I worked in I knew it from top to bottom. Learning new things everyday.
good stable job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Huntington Park, CAApril 28, 2013
Pros: stable job, diverse company, professional growth
Cons: low pay, hardly any raises
this company was stable for me but left it due to far distance but overall I was content with my schedule, this job allowed me to learn so much and managers were very flexible with my school.
productive
Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 26, 2013
My usual days include answering high volume calls, data entry, 10-key touch, type, scanning, filing, copying, and faxing documents, emails, credit approval (TransUnion and Experian), fraud prevention, collection and reports in excel. I work in a very busy company.
It was a very good work place.
Warehouse worker/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: short breaks, low pay
This place has a good work environment, but sometimes it felt like if they had us working like a bunch of chickens with our heads cut off.For example you would have one manager tell you one thing and ianother tell you something else. And in the end you would get blamed for not doing it how you were so post to do it in the first place. Thats why I would always ask the store mannager instead of the others.
Had a great experience working for a diverse organization
Training & Development Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 4, 2013
Was fortunate to lead a team that up-to this day I still keep in contact. We were driven to provide the best and we strived to be innovative in our area.
Costumer Service/ warehouse
Customer Service and Warehouse (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: a lot of safety, good and friendly work environment, good ammount of hours per week.
Cons: not a lot opprtunity to move up in the company
In a typical of work I provided repair options to costumer for defective merchandise. Help costumers to get the best warranty for the objects they bought. Advice costumer about different warranties that they qualify for.Maintain an orderly and well count inventory of the different product in the costumer department.Used cherry picker to stuck heavy items. Used safety practice to load and unload containers. Work in fast pace environment. I learned about different warraties that apply to different product, to operate a cherry picker, how to properly inventory merchandise and to used safety practice at all time at work. My co-worker were honest, hard workers, team player and always ready to work. The most enjpyable part of the job was to help costumer find solutions for their problems.
Fun enviroment filled with friendly people
Video Game Salesperson/Associate (Former Employee), Huntington Park, CAJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: video game area
Relaxing place with lots to do. A lot of friendly people and giving me the opportunity to share what I know on certain products (i.e. ps3's, xbox, games, etc.). A typical day consisted of attending customers with a big smile and servicing them.
very busy
Sales Representative Responsibilities (Former Employee), los angeles, CANovember 12, 2012
very busy but challenging job. co-wprkers not o friendly since everyone has a quota they have to fulfill.
A good place to develop your leadership
Sales supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 19, 2012
Pros: compensation
Cons: work / life balance
A typical day at work

Running reports, monitoring sales performance, supervising and analysing employee's efforts vs results, creating new strategies to take the team to the maximum level of results

I learned:

To be assertive in my work decisions and expectatives
To manage several groups of employees at the same time
To be a leader

The hardest part of the job:

Fire employees; because I believe that most of the times when an employee is fire, everyone in the team has a bit of responsibility.

The most enjoyable part of the job :

The satisfaction of seen the personal and professional development of my team members. Reaching the company's expectation, in regards to my leadership.

About La Curacao

Adir International (dba La Curacao) operates about 10 La Curacao department stores in downtown Los Angeles and Orange County, – Read more

La Curacao Salaries