La Curacao Employee Reviews

Experiencia
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CASeptember 21, 2017
Me gusto mi trabajo, ser cajera, y revisar que cada cuenta de cada departamento estuviera sin faltantes y sobrantes, era lo que yo hacia , y era muy interesante y mucha responsabilidad, y tener manager que te apoyaran era muy importante
Horrible!
Cashier/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CASeptember 5, 2017
Management had no idea what they were doing. There was no room for advancement. People in management were there because they were related to someone in the high ups.
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CA 90255June 23, 2017
Be there on time punctual, greet every customer that passes by our kiosk. Also there was a quota that we all had to reach in order to get pay and stay with the company.
Productive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2017
I enjoyed this job because i dealt with people. Making sure i sold as much as i could and made customers happy. Providing a free facial and make-up sample in order to sell the product. I learned that time is money and we need to take advantage of time.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
active and fun but also professional
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 15, 2017
store was always clean, sales associate always smiling and greeting customers. good environment to work at although management was always changing the associated around and relocating managers, made it extremely difficult for us to build a good team.
Nice place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE - SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Is a nice place to work where you can find nice and good people helpfully.
Good place to learn in to many areas.
Is a little hard because you have to meet your goals, but not impossible.
Good people to work with.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAAugust 12, 2015
Great people to work with. Job was easy to do, and the environment was good. Got the opportunity to start using the technical skills that I had learned at itt.
Pros
As a field tech you get to meet new people and new places.
Cons
management was unorganized
productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2015
coworkers are the best. hardest part of the job is dealing with the customers. management to be honest sucks. schedules are pasted out on monday night of every week. sometimes they arent even ready. communication with management also sucks
Pros
alot of work
Cons
minimum pay
When you see your supervisor's boss than your supervisor...
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaliforniaApril 22, 2015
As it was a seasonal position, I fully expected for the position to not last very long. My hours were typical of a part-time worker, with your standard ten minute breaks, I liked the job and the interaction with the customers.

My co-workers, the ones who mentored me for the month showed me what solid teamwork was about and to rely on them and each other proved that their station in the store was like a well-oiled machine, getting sales whenever they could with no pressure from the sales representative to the customer, it was like magic.

Now for the bad part.

Our recruiter had informed us that during our job life, there was a chance of having the position be certified as permanent, but only if the supervisor recommends it. No biggie right? Work hard and prove that you are worthy of the position was a drive for me as I was able to get over my speaking fears to the public over this position and I wanted to contribute as a way of repayment.

Except...the supervisor was never around when I worked my shift. All duties to the supervisor fell to the most senior co-worker while the supervisor got all credit for his hard work. That was unfair of the supervisor, who during all my time working for the section, hardly showed up except to do menial things like wrapping products together with Saran Wrap in bundles.

When the supervisor did show up, it was during times where I stopped to take a breather and drank a bit of water to keep myself going. I believe the supervisor thought I was slacking off because the atmosphere felt very hostile whenever the supervisor was around. Thankfully,
  more... the team who I worked with knew the truth that standing for hours on end can be a bit daunting, especially as someone who wasn't used to crowds.

Any attempts to connect with the supervisor were met with myself being ordered to shadow an employee, which made me feel useless.

I felt that the supervisor's boss was more of a figure of authority than the supervisor, which was troubling as the supervisor's boss had better things to do than to oversee my supervisor's duties, even if her office was right outside our door.

Personally, I believe the adage of "tenure" and "getting the job because you know someone" felt never more truthful during my time there if that is how management behaves.

In short, the following points are made:

The Good:

Enjoyable co-worker environment
Respectable hours and honored any break times earned.
Allowed myself to get over fears of public speaking.

The Bad:
Supervisor was judged incompetent and not worth the responsibility by myself.

Any attempts to connect with the supervisor was rebuffed with tasks that made the job feel lackluster.

Any times where the supervisor did show up, was to criticize myself and my co-workers for slacking off.

While Your Mileage May Vary, this was my experience working for this particular store.
Pros
Co-workers, tasks and general experience
Cons
Supervisor etiquette, Management incompetence, stressful environment
Worst company I ever worked for
Collector (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Bad management, managers do not care at all of their employees. A lot of work to do for such low salary. There is not room to grow with them, and if there is, the increase of the pay would vary from 1 to 3 dollars.
Managers will take advantage of their status and fire employees with not reason even if they are good at their work.
Company faces a lot of sues from ex employees. Apart from all, as a company, they do not care about their clients, they just want to take advantage of their legal status and take away their money with high rates of APR
like it
Sales (Former Employee) –  panorama cityNovember 6, 2014
I like this job , because it was different , you have to resolve problems or issues with every single client and the best part is that they are always right so i was challenging myself every day .
great place to work for
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 19, 2014
i had so much fun working here. They were always very flexible with my schedule and very understanding
productive, fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2014
good place to work, good management. flexible hrs. nice coworkers
Pros
flexible hrs
Cons
partime
All co-workers very friendly specialy my boss very respectful all times.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Love to work with them always smiling good character very professional and most of all very good customer serves always punctual.
Pros
you have 30 min of lunch not free lunch
Cons
very short brakes 15 mins of brakes, health very good
Not a good place to work at
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CADecember 27, 2013
poor management. not a friendly place to work at. They are will to let go great works.
Review
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 27, 2013
Not a good company to work for. No work life balance and too Executive heavy. 9 Vp's and 2 district Managers for 10 stores is overkill.
I loved the work environment.
Stockroom Lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2013
It was a fast pace work place. It always keep me on my toes. They showed me management skills.
Buen ambiente de trabajo, mucha oportunidad para crecer
Asociado de ventas (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJune 12, 2013
Es una empresa en USA donde aprendes mucho, te mantienen actualizado y en cursos para ventas, se trabaja bajo mucha presión pero con el tiempo empiezas a saber lidiar y salir adelante, te dan la oportunidad de crecer en la empresa y claro aumentar tus ingresos
Pros
crecimiento en la empresa, cursos de ventas mas vendes mas ganas
Cons
mucha presión se manejan 6 tipos de metas
Horrible working conditions
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 28, 2013
A typical day was dealing with angry customers who were at wits end about continued failed services. Promises to resolve the customer issues were never met.
Pros
Decent income
Cons
Never ending lines of angry customers
Fun and learning work place
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2013
At a typical day we had customers coming in and I will show them and explain the differences between the products and create estimates. One of the most enjoyable part of this job is that I knew my way around it and the department I worked in I knew it from top to bottom. Learning new things everyday.
Pros
Customers offered lunch for great customer service
Cons
pay rate low