LA Fitness Employee Reviews

Great manager; Bad corporate
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY 40502December 14, 2017
My direct manager was great. He made work everyday enjoyable and the working experience tolerable.

Corporate however was no fun to work for. Changes to prices so often that it would actually push some potential patrons away. Corporate would also make changes to policies without notifying anyone at different locations then you would be responsible for breaking the news to already upset and angry members.
Pros
Free gym membership, ability to advance
Cons
Long hours, poor corporate management
Good start off job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 13, 2017
A typical day at work is calling people walking around the gym greet people and talking to people all the time. Working on getting everyone you speak to sign up. Collecting leads and marketing as much as you can to create traffic.
Pros
relax, make good money based on your skill set
Cons
Base pay
Excellent company to work for
Weekend General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2017
I love the fitness industry. Currently, I am going back to school to advance my personal knowledge in the fitness world. LA Fitness is an excellent company to work for.
It was good until new management took over
Club Staff (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 12, 2017
LA fitness is a good place to begin to work if you never had any experience in customer service. The members and ppl that you get to meet can help you out. But at the same time is not the best place to move up unless you are in the sales team.
Pros
Membership usage
Cons
Hours, you cant move up.
bad management
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2017
Was promoted very quickly but also demoted very quickly as well. Upper management had unrealistic expectations of the sales. Would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
long stressful hours
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 12, 2017
Friendly members. There is a fast moving fitness atmosphere. The management at LA Fitness is phenomenal. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping members learn new movements successfully.
Pros
Short shifts 4-6hrs
Cons
no break
Never supported me
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Upland, CADecember 11, 2017
Never supported me. Don't communicate. Mgr has his own agenda and ideas about fitness and it's the only way. that they think makes money which is really all they care about
I enjoy working at LA Fitness
Front Desk Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stevenson Ranch, CADecember 11, 2017
I've been working at LA Fitness for a few months, and I have really enjoyed my time there. LA Fitness only offers part-time for Front Desk and Kids Klub positions, so LA Fitness is just a temporary job.
Pros
Flexible Hours and Co-Workers
Great Job
Lead Janitor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 11, 2017
I really enjoyed the environment of working with a team and our members. I enjoyed working at a steady pace to keep the gym up to standard. I enjoyed the management team with great team work skills
Teach fitness classes
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 11, 2017
Teach group fitness classes in many different formats useing motivational skills and proper form . I teach cycle, Body works with weights moving to the music . Power circuit with weights., aqua , yoga, pilates , silver sneakers for the elderly., boot camp , etc.
Pros
Employees Mobile app
Cons
No increase in pay .
Do not work here!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CADecember 10, 2017
Work very long hours
Not enough pay for the amount of work that is required.
Promise promotions to every employee that never follows through
No job security
Constantly threatened to be demoted/fired if goal is not reached

Very nice co-workers and members are the only plus besides a free gym membership.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
Very long hours, not family friendly, not paid enough for the amount of work required
Unprofessional Workplace
Custodial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 8, 2017
The environment at this job was not like any other that I've worked at. It was very unprofessional and culturally challenged. The hardest part of this job was trying to complete my job tasks while others showed little care as to what they were supposed to do.
Cash is the only focus of this company
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHDecember 8, 2017
"Clear ups" are the only focus of this company. Getting new CC numbers from members are the only thing you are evaluated on. You spend your entire work day making calls to get credit card numbers so that past due balances can be charged.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Clear ups
solid Pay if you play your cards right
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2017
LA fitness has good commissions that are easy to earn if you put the work in. You MUST produce numbers at this job. They are very quick to fire you if you are not performing up to the level of standards.
Pros
good benefits, nice bonuses
Cons
high pressure sales job
Great Job to learn in
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 7, 2017
Was a great to place to learn new things. It taught me great great service. It taught me how to talk to people. Its a great place to learn new things that is all thing Sport Medicine related.
Front Desk Receptionist and Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLDecember 7, 2017
I loved working here. I gained so many new skills and got to meet many people. I wish I did not have to come back to college or I would still be there.
Not everything is good about this big company
Full-Time employee (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 6, 2017
A typical day for me is greeting customers, doing my job and not interfering with others job. Help as needed. Management is depend who you are dealing with, District management have lack of communication, they only want to get high volume of costumers but don't want to pay more to their employees. Coworkers are very friendly and help you a lot. The company need to reward and appreciate employees function to keep them happy. Happy employees, happier customers.
Pros
Free membership, flexible hours
Cons
insufficient salary for a lot of work, expensive health benefits, no communication
Horrible place to work
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CADecember 6, 2017
Does not pay honestly, management will try to take commission as their own, never given time off, required to work 6 days per week, unethical practices, no communication, will terminate employment without warning or cause.
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive Environment very relaxed
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2017
Professional environment goal oriented staff. Keeping buildings in clean and orderly condition were some of the task that had to be finished before the end of the work day
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Location and traffic
na
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 5, 2017
You work to many hours, when you have built up time of they decline the request even at 45 days out. upper management tends to manipulate employees never 100 percent truthful with intentions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LA Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7