LA Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 1,916 reviews matching the search
National Fitness center and gym
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMarch 22, 2017
Helping people of all ages achieve their fitness goals of weight loss, strength training, overall fitness, and getting the most out of there lives and retirement years
Horrible workplace and unorganized
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 22, 2017
It was an okay job if I was going to be a student and goto school for something to do with Sales and marketing, but that is not my desired position, so it was not a great fit for me.
rewarding but work to life is not balanced
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2017
fast paced enviroment expect to work long hours and not have a life outside of work. La fitness will teach you everything you need to know about managing but the GM can be very stressful.
Pros
rewarding if you hit bonus
Cons
no life and expect to work 6 days a week
productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2017
well its a gym so i has to be productive right.. its about keepingpeople motivated, and balancing the confidence. everything with a smile and handling and consequence with a state of understanding
Good place of work
Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 21, 2017
La Fitness is a awesome place to learn and experience health. Working at La Fitness encouraged me to began my healthy lifestyle. I loved the environment, and friendly customers.
Intense sales environment, long hours, low pay but great facilities.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 20, 2017
It's a high pace, intense sales environment. Regional management lacked effectiveness. It was a competitive workplace. They have very effective training and development. I learned the most about sales here. The incentives were often set just out of reach. The most enjoyable part of the day was working with and helping so many people.
Pros
Great facilities, effective training and education
Cons
Long hours, low incentives
Very Exciting Job
Babysitter/Child Care (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 20, 2017
I believe working at LA fitness was my favorite job. I worked with the children and watched them meanwhile their parents or whoever they came with were working out in the gym facility area. The kids were always the highlight of my day with the smiles they always had.
Pros
Watching The Kids
terrible
Assistant Personal Training Director (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 20, 2017
just not a fun, or a great place to work! The management is terrible, they don't know how to prioritize, they don't know how to deal with members, they overwork you for very little to no compensation.
Pros
free membership
Cons
lunch breaks, 6 day work weeks, long days
Lots of work but good clients kept me
Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2017
LA fitness is very flexible with scheduling and great because it doesn't require any sales goals. Simply service your sessions and you go home. I did not like the one dimensional way of getting paid, the corporate management, and the amount of clients required to service to make a living. But my good clients allowed me to stay there for sometime.
Pros
Working with clients, no sales pressure, flexible schedule
Cons
Volume of sessions to make a living, corporate management, and lack of educated trainers
Easy going work environment, bad management and pay
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 19, 2017
Its fun to see people and talk with them daily. Pay is very poor and management is almost non existent. Good in between job but nothing you could do long term and survive.
Pros
free gym membership, laid back
Cons
bad pay for all you deal with daily
Fun workplace that always uses the newest technology
Business Intelligence Analyst / Developer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 19, 2017
Great Company to work for. Pay is on par with the industry. Not much room for career advancement. No 401k offered. Company is run like a family business. They don't do reviews and it is like pulling teeth to try an get a raise.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, can work from home. Work with great people.
Cons
No 401k. No reviews/raises.
Fun job with good commission potential.
Operations (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNMarch 19, 2017
Working at La Fitness as an operations employee involves a lot of work being done on the phone. You have can make an unlimited amount of commission and you have an unlimited number of leads to follow. You just have to have to work ethic to make lots of calls.
Pros
Unlimited Commission
Cons
Repetitive Work
fun work environment
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMarch 17, 2017
amazing work environment with great employees. the head pro of the club is an amazing guy and the members of the club are good people as well no complaints.
VERY professional place to work, the staff isn't all that friendly towards each other just get in and get out
Front desk / Kids club attendant (Current Employee) –  Studio City, CAMarch 17, 2017
As far as scheduling,they don't give enough hours to just have this one job to pay all your bills and the environment is not pleasant enough to stay for extended periods of time but you get a free membership
fun and productive workplace
Operations Manager/Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 17, 2017
The club provided the opportunity to interact with a very diverse group of people which was both fun and challenging. Teamwork was a huge part of the culture and everyone worked together to provide outstanding customer service.
Stressful job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMarch 17, 2017
The job was ok, dealing with high traffic of people, on top of being on the phone constantly dealing with debt and clear ups. Checking people in and dealing with customer service and dealing with the sales team
Pros
Nice view
Cons
Rude customers
Fun and rewarding job
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMarch 16, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company, this job is perfect for students. I also loved that you get a membership while working for them. This position also pays commissions depending on your numbers, so you get hourly pay plus commission.
Great job to have in the fitness industry, but very long hours as a manager.
Weekend General Manager (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAMarch 15, 2017
Typical day at work for LA Fitness was talking to mass amounts of people, having a go-getting personality but also having fun while you do it. I learned ways to overcome objectives, better selling techniques, and good customer service. Management is great and very motivating. People I worked with and customers were always great to be around. Hardest part of the job as a manager was spending 70 hours a week selling and training staff. Most enjoyable part was the people I worked around and the money made.
Pros
Always seeing something different when working and great people to be around.
Cons
Extensive amount of hours.
Great environment, not so great management
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHMarch 15, 2017
I love the environment of working in a gym setting, but my specific location has a lot of issues with communication and supporting the staff. Mostly it were the people above my manager.
Nice place to be
Staff (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 15, 2017
I would watch children in the daycare room if the parents needed it, otherwise I would assist the front desk person with their tasks or clean machines.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LA Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8