LA Fitness Employee Reviews

very clean possitive enviroment
Front desk associate (Former Employee), Baltimore,MDAugust 31, 2015
A typical day at work was GREAT! fun, loving environment nothing but positive attitudes.I learned how to work the system which wasn't really hard I also learned how to multi task. The management was kind of a weird situation because every other week there was someone new but my job was pretty easy.The thing I loved most was seeing people everyday.
Very Poorly managed corporation.
Sales Marketing/Personal Training Director (Current Employee), Lake Grove, NYAugust 27, 2015
No structure what so ever. Basically bring in invoice and profit for the company and deal with customer service issues after. Upper management is hard to get in touch with and just focused on numbers. Room for growth with in the company but as fast as the growth, as fast is the demotion. Have to be very mobile to move up in the company and constantly moving from club to club. Over all a 'okay" place to work but no life or social balance at all.
La Fitness Technician
Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Peoria, AzAugust 27, 2015
Pros: consistent hours, good benefits
Cons: very little room to move up
Very good position to hold, benefits and consistent hours. not much room for improvement, medical benefits are great. management expects you to keep yourself busy and organize your own clubs.
Casual atmosphere with a focus on personal production
Weekend General Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Free gym membership
Cons: Working weekends and 6 days a week.
I enjoy working at LA Fitness. It is a comfortable work environment with opportunity to meet new people. This company has helped my skills in overcoming objections and organizing my day.
Love
Employee (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARAugust 26, 2015
Pros: members, coworkers, management.
Cons: benefits
Definitely love my job, and the people I work with. A comfortable working atmosphere is something that's hard to come by in the professional work place. I look forward to going to work everyday. The only thing I wish that could be changed is the pay rate. I know my coworkers and I work extremely hard to get our jobs done, so I believe they should pay their workers a lot better than what they are doing. This company is NATIONWIDE, so they can definitely afford to pay the workers a little better.
Great Workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLAugust 26, 2015
Working at La fitness was a great place to work at. I enjoyed working with different people and learning a lot from my other co workers.
unprofessional and uneasy
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Whitehall, PAAugust 26, 2015
high level of turnover. poor hours. rude people... My hours were cut past three months. Was promised promotion. Never got it.
Fun\ workout enviorment
General Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: gym membership
Cons: not alot of free time
Days were lengthy but overall its a fun job. If your good with people/ fitness \ and sales then you can make good money doing this.
Fun job
Kids Klub Babysitter (Former Employee), Mount Prospect, ILAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Free gym membership
Cons: Low pay
Very relaxed atmosphere to work in. Everyone is super motivated when it comes to their health since it is a health club. The Free gym membership is a big plus.
Assistant Training General Manager (Former Employee), Glendale HeightsAugust 24, 2015
Company has low level values, poor management, and terrible integration of policies throughout the company. Would never consider working for a company that treats their employees so terribly.
fun workplace
Kids Club Associate (Former Employee), Warrington, PAAugust 23, 2015
Great place to work and the kids klub was very busy with a lot of children. They staff were friendly and the job came with a free membership to the gym.
Horrible paid
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLAugust 22, 2015
Pros: nice staff
Cons: low pay
you get paid per client which is $6 per client, less than minimum wage, if a client doesnt like your training and is tempted to cancel you are threatened to get fired, you work for clients so no breaks, if a client says they want training on a sunday you have to show up
Very fun place to work!
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee), Atlanta/Austell/BrookhavenAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Lots of locations
Cons: No healthcare benefits for me
The participants at LA Fitness are always pumped and ready to go when I walk in the room! The work environment is favorable since exercise and helping others reach their fitness goal is my passion!
Excellent gym, but poor management and compensation is minimal
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Woodhaven, MIAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Nice equipment, classes are included in monthly fee, pool, sauna, studios for racquetball and classes, Personal Trainers are excellent, but underrated and under appreciated
Cons: no gym etiquette, social scene for teenagers-staff included, rough parking lot, poor compensation, no communication from management to staff, no handicapped door
Getting hired there was the answer to my prayers in the beginning. I loved the experience, building a clientele who I adore, and I've always had the freedom to create my own schedule, but compensation per session is extremely weak ($6 per session) and I cannot survive on this job alone. The management is lacking in professionalism and they abuse their freedom with regards to coming in late, leaving early, working out while on the clock, allowing friends to come in without memberships, training them without personal training contracts, and the overall care of gym etiquette is sorely lacking. They are sitting on a gold mine with no regard for its future. The staff is self serving and although friendly, the downhill domino-effect is quickly taking over. The Operations Manager seems to be the only one who really cares about this gym but she cannot maintain this business by herself. I would LOVE for Corporate to make random UNANNOUNCED visits to the gym frequently so they may see what's happening on a regular basis to correct it.
As for compensation, there is little or nothing that can be done to make more money, except as a sales person, sell more, or as a trainer, sell upgrades to your clientele. What I wanted was a higher percentage from what LA charges the client- not more money from the client. LA simply will not budge. They also run a deceiving pitch to potential clients and new clients who want personal training. The program itself is lacking and it's very expensive. If it was rewritten, re-pitched, and re-priced, it could work, but the gym also needs more trainers to accommodate – more... the clientele who want training.
As for the gym as a whole: It's an excellent option to other gyms because of what's available: a pool, sauna, basketball court, racquetball courts, a fabulous studio for classes, a spin room, and stellar equipment. The classes are all included in the monthly membership and there are classes every day of the week. In my book, it's more bang for your buck so if you don't mind the teenage drama, join LA Fitness. – less
I don't recommend it
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAAugust 18, 2015
First trainers don't get pay hourly is only commission money which is $7.50 for session for each client.
Second the management is awful this club was my first one since I got certified as Personal Trainer and they didn't train me or show me how I suppose to start my training.
Finally is so crazy and all competition to each other I hated working there.
Fast paced work environment with enjoyable members.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Troy, MIAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Free gym membership
Cons: No room to advance
High paced day dealing with members and customer service issues while checking in over 1000 members on a daily basis. Setting up vendors for building maintenance. Enjoyable seeing my regular members on a daily basis.
Room for growth
Manager (Former Employee), Conyers, GAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Room for growth
Cons: Split shifts
Employees receive opportunities for growth within the company as well as earn commission and bonuses for sales and customer acquisition. Train employees to grow professionally and in turn earn more. Exposes employees to diverse clientele and consequently improve employee customer service skills.
My day at La fitness
Customer Service (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2015
Working with gym members to make sure that there memberships and information are updated, and that the gym experience is a clean and friendly atmosphere.It's a fun environment for co- workers and management is pretty productive with getting things done.The hardest part of my day is when I've tried to make a member happy by trying to wow them with the best customer service possible and when I'm not successful at doing so. It doesn't occur all the time, however it happen.
very fun enviorment
front desk/kids club (Current Employee), dallas,txAugust 17, 2015
Pros: easy tasks that are assigned
Cons: members
i usually started off by coming in answering phones scanning members in then go to the back make sure there were towels make my phone calls and update billing info for members on they accounts
job review
Sales Counselor (Former Employee), SpringfieldAugust 16, 2015
Pros: free membership
you get paid hourly (less then $5) and commission.
have to go out and do marketing everyday.
don't get trained very well.
goes by ranking: 1. general manager 2. gm assistant 3. supervisor then sales counselors
if your single and doesn't like to do much but make money then this is the job for you.