LA MADELEINE

LA MADELEINE Employer Reviews

Pretty ok
Service Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth TexasAugust 23, 2014
Nice Job since it was m first .Was very organized and uniformed . Friendly co-workers.
Okay place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 27, 2014
Only offers 8 hour shifts, but we give you a part time schedule. Management varies. I liked the night shift managers better because they were more laid back and easier to relate to. Great employee discounts. Easy job for okay pay.
Decent work atmosphere but lots of management shuffling.
Pastry Chef/ Associate/ Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 1, 2014
Pros: 50% discount and good food, fast pace with little chance to be bored, fun co-workers
Cons: pay, late nights, management shuffling
The pay was rather sub-standard, good for college or high school students but not what one could live on. There was also a rather high turn over rate for employees, and managers were shuffled between the stores way too often in my opinion. I worked here for 2.5 years and in that time I saw a full replacement of all managers twice. When you have a good – more... relationship with your superiors and your work atmosphere is pleasant, it can be really disheartening when they're transferred to a new part of the district. It doesn't promote cooperation and connection between employees and management. Hence the high turn over rate for employees. The tasks there are straight forward and rather simple. Management was, on average, personable and they worked with complicated schedules really well. If it weren't for the pay and the occasional ridiculously late nights (I'm talking 1am), I probably would have stayed there. – less
Fun and enjoyable.
Cashier (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXMarch 13, 2014
I really enjoyed the people at La Madeline my favorite were the managers, they were are hardworking fun indiviuals with a lot of compassion for their workers and their job.
Corporate HQ IT Department is poorly run
Desktop Administrator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: 50% discount on meals
Cons: no advancement, hostile work place, managers not qualified to manage or be around people
With 15 years of corporate IT experience I can safely say this is the worst managed IT department I've ever had to work for. No project planning with everything being haphazard last-minute emergencies. Large scale changes are made to the network with massive outages and downtime. The IT managers treat their staff horribly: openly yelling at you in front – more... of your peers or bad mouthing you behind your back. No training, no advancement and you are stuck in your job role - very compartmentalized. They have zero respect for you and it is a very demeaning and degrading place to work. Managers are openly hostile and bully their staff directly and passive aggressively and everything is a double standard with them. They’ll take constant vacations, but don’t dare ask to use yours. No matter how well you do or how much work you get done, you’re never good enough because they only see the negative and never the positive. This is the most hostile environment I've ever seen.

The HR department is 100% on the manager’s side and employees are 100% disposable. The IT managers get away with anything and everything and if you dare bring up an issue, you’ll see the door.

Stay far far far away from this place, nobody deserves to be treated as a sub-human for a paycheck. – less
Very Productive and friendly staff to work with
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Addison, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: free drinks and sometimes lunch
Cons: short breaks
I would work mostly morning shifts so when I would get there I would start start on my morning prep. Like weighing out my proteins on my scale, cut my own vegetables, refill my dressings for my sandwich station. Restock my sandwich line and made sure I had back ups before the rush hour. Rush hour would start around 11 or 12 in the afternoon. It would – more... get extremely busy so I would have to work at a very fast pace because I would get multiple orders at once mostly like 15 to 20 sandwiches at once. There would be only two people in the kitchen me and the morning cook, so team work played a big role. I would have to say rush hour was the hardest part of the day. After rush hour the morning cook would leave around 2 and I would work both stations till 5. So I would cook and make sandwiches at once. Multitasking and working at a fast pace was a big requirement in the kitchen. The managers were helpful at moments but were mainly focused on customer service and paper work. The most enjoyable part about the job was that almost everyone got along and was cracked jokes. La Madeleine keeps you busy and sometimes it can be enjoyable. – less
Quick paced workplace with flexibility
Associate (Current Employee), Katy, TXOctober 29, 2013
Pros: discount meals, desserts, downtime, benefits
Cons: low pay, no overtime, small workspace
Overall, I do love working at La Madeleine. I've made great friends and learned so much.
There isn't really a typical day for me; some are busy, some are slow. Sometimes I'm working up front or prepping, night or day. But I've learned all about cooking, the importance of being neat and organized, and always making sure I have what I need for the day.
The – more... hardest part of my day is either having customers come in during a lunch rush and being impatient, or no lunch rush at all!
But I do enjoy relaxing at talking with my co-workers, and building relationships with my customers. – less
N/A
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXOctober 7, 2013
Working at La Madeleine was a great experience. I've learned that the job can get very stressful when it comes to dealing with not only the customers but co-workers. But I've learned to work through it.
Great fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 23, 2013
Assisted homeowners with home modification and making mortgage payments.It has lots of room to grow professionally.
Simple job that felt like home
Line Associate/Hostess/Cashier/Bakery Associate (Former Employee), Katy, TXAugust 3, 2013
Pros: breaks everyday, good food, new friends
Cons: high turnover
As soon as I would walk in the door, my co-workers were so full of excitement. Everyone was treated like family, whether morning or night shift. I learned so much from my company, such as efficient customer service and patience. The only hard part of my job would have to be being understaffed during a rush of any kind. Everyone's job got a little harder – more... when that happened, but we worked together and managed to handle it. There weren't many bad days when working here, everyday was great. Being able to have fun but still work hard was perfect! – less
basic paycheck, no future with high turnover and constant problems
waiter (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 5, 2013
Pros: impossible to get fired, basic income
Cons: no advancement, unstable schedule, poorly ran with unreliable equipment, never fully staffed
arrive at work: find out who didn't show and what equipment was under repair or what food staples ran out. Cover from 2 to 4 positions(no bonuses or raises, rarely managerial help), don't rely on teamwork, and hope your relief doesn't no show. Whole job was hard and thankless and would cheat you of overtime, but allowed a basic paycheck.
Productive and fun
Cook/Busser/Server/Dishwasher/Prep (Current Employee), Frisco, TXMay 15, 2013
Pros: good managers, flexible scheduling, fun
Cons: must be a good hardworker or your out
Management is great, I love working here, you have to stay on task and be focused and the better you are the more chances you have to advance in the company.
A great restaraunt to work for if you ever get involved in the food industry
Busser (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 2, 2013
Pros: pay
Good co-workers and management. Only downside was the pay, but I was also a busser.
Good work environment, great co-workers, decent management
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: discount i got for working there
Cons: not good with days off
A typical day was pretty much slow, I usually closed the store and prepared my station for the next work day, cleaned the floors and counters. The management was alright, worked around my school schedule, but weren't very understanding when I got some injuries. My co-workers were all pretty great besides one girl. The hardest part of my job was when – more... we would get really busy and you had to keep moving. The most enjoyable part of my job was the atmosphere and the food, it was always delicious and it was normally a very calm and relaxing environment. – less
Great food and everyone got along
Cashier (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2013
My first job so taught me how to work with people and learn customer service. Sampled food at local places and cooked the food as well.
never a dull moment
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: free food tasting
Cons: no breaks
At work you are always busy.The co-workers were okay.And the management could of been more social with the employers.The hardest part was that i never had breaks. And the most enjoyable part is the friendly customers.
friendly place to work
prep (Current Employee), Rockwall TXOctober 30, 2012
every day is different...hard working people get together and make the job done and coustumers happy ...teamwork is a big thing at this place
it is good please to work
Manager Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2012
Pros: 50% discout
Cons: short salary
it is a really fast environment, and you must have a lot of patience, some time customers can be really rude, and the hours change a lot, is good if you work and study they do accommodation for your studies.
buen ambiente de trabajo
delivery (Former Employee), BNovember 12, 2012
Pros: sueldo fijo, obra social, vacaciones
Cons: demaciadas horas sin remuneracion.
buen ambiente pero los objetivos eran muy lejos y las horas extras no eran bien pagas.

About LA MADELEINE

Bonjour! la Madeleine Country French Cafe is home to the simple pleasures of the French country life. This is the perfect place – Read more