One of the main functions of the Store Manager is to run a shift which includes the management of personnel and their work schedules. The Store Manager is also expected to be able to address and resolve a wide variety of situations which may include, but are not limited to: Customer service, employee relations, risk management, product inventory, merchandising, sales/promotions, pricing, shrink, store maintenance, report preparation, cash handling/record keeping, and opening/closing of the store.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Majority of the time spent using independent judgment to make employment related decision, or effectively recommend such decisions, to hire, promote, transfer, discipline, suspend, discharge, reward or otherwise engage in resolving partner – related matters.
- Overall accountability for the operation of the store.
- Directs accurate preparation and sale of products.
- Ensure that the store operates within established inventory levels, salary budgets, and gross profit margins to achieve maximum profitability.
- Maintain high standards of store image ensuring that the store is clean, well stocked, and ready for business.
- Assumes full accountability for the stores profit and loss management by implementing marketing strategies; following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reporting to enhance restaurant results including shrinkage control disciplines and programs.
- Responsible for the implementation of the process of loss prevention, health and safety in the store which involves accident prevention, response in case of theft, and money management.
- Develops the overall strategy and manages the execution of store condition to include the sale floor, wareroom, coolers and freezers.
- Train, communicate, and supervise store programs and standards (such as merchandizing, quality, freshness, safety, cleanliness, and others) to Team Leaders and Team Members; regularly inspect store to assure all programs and standards are maintained.
- Provides coaching and feedback to ensure the delivery of satisfactory service and product through managing the daily operations of the store.
- Enforces compliance with government regulations, employment laws, food safety, National Security Policy, operations and policies and procedures relating to all store activities across shifts.
Skills, Abilities and Other Personal Characteristics
- Ability to establish priorities and develop action plans to execute them.
- Ability to handle pressure and keep focus.
- Ability to motivate and lead members of a team.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Proficient multi-tasking skills in order to maintain leverage in the fast-paced retail environment.
- Ability to create a work environment that is friendly, free of harassment, and fun to work in.
- Passionate about servicing the customer and valuing the employees.
- Shows good judgment and common sense when approaching problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Must be able to lift and carry 30-50 pound on regular basis.
- Three or more years of experience in retail industry.
- Able to read, write, and speak Spanish/English preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly adaptable.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Knowledge of product presentation, cross-merchandising, and product/profit mix.
- High School or GED required, some college preferred.
- Strong math and Microsoft Office computer skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work on weekends and holidays.
- Medical, dental, and vision.
- Life insurance and 401(K).
- Short and long term disability.
Indeed - 8 months ago