La Petite Academy Employee Reviews

The Love for Kids
After School Teacher (Current Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Love on my babies
Cons: Minimum wage pay
Although challenging I love my babies. The pay isn't the greatest but seeing my little family move on to the next level in their educational life is very heart warming. I pray for the best for all my pre-k and school age kids.
A friendly workplace with good teamwork
Teacher (Former Employee), Olathe, KSJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, fun friendly environment
Cons: Low wages, physical labor, understaffed
I loved my coworkers and all the children we worked with at this center. We all helped each other and there were checklists to help us to do everything we had to each day for the classrooms.
Ok place to work
Teacher (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJuly 29, 2015
My work experience with this company is fair could be better. Management is the main problem at this particular location.
Work in progress
Team Lead/Acting Assistant Director (Former Employee), Hockessin, DEJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Child care discount, flexible schedule
Cons: Child care rates, staffing issues, third director in one and a half years
There has been excessive restructuring of management in the past two years. It trickles down to school staff. If the new director can dig them out of the hole, it can be a great place again. Make sure you do not go into this field for the money. Although they charge over $300 per week for an infant, you would never know by your paycheck.
Productive and Fun
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TexasJuly 28, 2015
Pros: You receive your 40 hours if in full time, benefits, and free lunches.
Cons: None
Love going to work everyday to see and teach my wonderful students new stuff to get them ready for Kindergarten. Each day is a learning day because kids teach you a lot and your coworkers teach you small things towards having success in the classroom. The director is awesome and works around everyone's schedule. The co-workers are awesome, funny, and help in every way. The most enjoyable part of the day is teaching and doing fun activities with the kids.
Productive workplace with various opportunites
Teacher (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2015
Exciting place to work. New things were learned about the growth and development of children. Teaching and seeing progress and improvement was always an outstanding thing to witness.
A great learning experience!
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Castle Rock, COJuly 22, 2015
The job wasn't a perfect fit for me but the experience was awesome. La Petite is a CCAP school so there was a very diverse group of children and I enjoyed that. On a day to day basis being in early childhood can be overwhelming and stressful but the staff always helped when needed and it was nice to work as a team.
over ratio
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 21, 2015
In the beginning I was hired by an excellent director who knew what she was doing but after she was replaced management went downhill fast. we were often overcrowded and over ratio.
WORST PLACE EVER!
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Children are Cute
Cons: No Benefits, No Pay, Run by Complete Idiots
This chain is pretty typical but they act like they invented childcare. I have learned nothing and some of the things they teach new employees is just WRONG!

The management is uneducated and unhelpful- my boss is constantly in tears and has no idea what she is doing.

My co-workers are underpaid and mostly idiots (the only people they can bring in with such low pay)

The kids are wonderful but unless you want to be treated and paid like a mindless slave I wouldn't suggest working here. Also their philosophy on early education is harmful to children- do not send your kids here.

Learning Care Group= Uneducated Idiots
La Petite Academy
Infant Teacher (Former Employee), Durham, NCJuly 21, 2015
Loved the children and parents! Management is a revolving door, 4 directors in 7 months, very stressful work environment, and no organization from day to day.
Good job, had a great director
Infant Teacher (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at La Petite. The only reason for leaving was because they do not give a discount to employee children under 18months, therefore, I could not afford to work there and have my child attend.
not much structure and unfair management
Teacher (Current Employee), Knoxville TNJuly 19, 2015
Pros: teaching the children
Cons: no breaks or help from the management
Change diapers and start potty training two year old kids. Document all diaper changes and what the children ate for the day and what they enjoyed and any other special notes. Take attendance for all kids there that day and what time they checked in and out.

Ive learned many things about child development.

Seems as if management doesnt really care about their employees. Seems to take advantage of employees. Not very helpful when it comes to trying to organize classroom and making sure all necessary paperwork is filled out.

Co-workers are amazing and extremely helpful but some do lack poor communication.

Hardest part of the job is keeping your patience with some of the children because of their behavior. Also trying to keep up your classroom with different teachers coming in and out.

Teaching the children. You are really making a difference in their lives and they grow to love you and you them. Develop relationships with them and their parents.
It was not my most favort place to work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXJuly 16, 2015
Pros: good food
Cons: need more bathrooms
working with 2 year olds.

I learned how to play with them

Management was ok.

c-workers helped out

not knowing were you are teaching

playing with the children
Bad
Assistant in Management (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOJuly 15, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: the entire experience
This job was not my best because teh Director played favorisim accourding to me and I was not able to perform my duties at this location. Many of the Director's favorite team members did my assign duties while I was doing there light work. I wanted to grow as an individual and was not able to at his particular school
Enjoyed working in the infant room.
Assistant Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Shawnee, KSJuly 13, 2015
Pros: The hours were great.
Cons: The pay wasn't the best.
I worked with 6 week - 12 month old infants. I was in a classroom with two other teachers and we shared the responsibilities feeding, diaper changes and entertaining the infants we had in our class. The management and other co-workers worked well with each other and got along and as a team to help with all of the classrooms in the center. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the infants reaching their milestones and watching them grow into toddlers. The most difficult part of the job was keeping up with nine infants at a time.
Nurturing enviroment
Child Provider Team Lead and Teacher (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2015
Checking children in and out
Caregiving
management of curriculum
training new staff members
Parent child interaction
Time management
Following developmental appropriate materials for each age group
Great Daycare for your child to attend
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Columbia, MarylandJuly 9, 2015
La Petite Academy is a great place to work, It works well with people who go to school or have another job. The staff is nice and the management is awesome. I have my own classroom and love the children.
yh
Asst. Teacher (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJuly 8, 2015
The company was great to work for. I enjoyed the experience and the lessons from retail.The company was great to work for. I enjoyed the experience and the lessons from retail.The company was great to work for. I enjoyed the experience and the lessons from retail.
A place where children learn, have fun and get to know themselves.
Associate Director (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 8, 2015
Supervising, assisting and helping infants, children and youths in educational skills. I learned that all children learn different and they are interesting people. The management were caring and dedicated. Co-workers were great people to work with and the most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the children.
Needs new Director
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), puyallup, WAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Making the kids laugh
Cons: over work their employees, no room for growth
They reward favorites over true hard working employees. There was no opportunity for growth with the company. Director refused to work schedules and interests with the employees.