La Petite Academy

La Petite Academy Employer Reviews

Meeting different cultures
Cook/Pre-School Teacher (Former Employee), Windsor, CTJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: children
Cons: learning as i teach
I loved teaching my students from the age of 2 thru 5 years old.Each month it was a different Circulum tought we had Parents day once a month.Learn about different colors,number,shapes,how to write there names talk about the weather sang songs.etc.....
Very fun and uplifting crew to work with.
Pre-school Teacher (Former Employee), Galveston, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Great place to work for a first job.
Loved working with children.
Challenging at time but loved everyday.
Productive and exciting environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 27, 2015
Typical day is to make sure all teachers and students are in the right class, the program is being implemented on the daily basis, run front office. I learned clerical and administrative skills and how to manage 32 employees. Co-workers were well trained. The hardest part was when people called out and you had to find a replacement and the most enjoyable part was to see happy clients.
productive and fun work place with a lot of things to do with children
Childcare Teacher (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJanuary 22, 2015
I enjoyed working with the children and watching them develop different skills and the children knew that you loved them. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, management was great. I learned how to write out lesson plans and use it with the children.
A
Teacher (Current Employee), MDJanuary 20, 2015
I love working with my co-workers. They are open from 6 in the morning to 6:30 in the evening.
Enjoyable
Day Care Assistant (Former Employee), AlbuquerqueJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: got to take my kids there
Cons: the pay
Take attendance, make daily reports for all the children, change diapers, feed breakfast, take the children outside, play games or read books, feed them lunch, put them down for nap, fill out paper work, get activities ready for after nap. I had to take child educational classes, and a CPR class. The management was friendly with the children, it felt like family with co-workers and the relationship with we had with the children, we would get attachted. The hardest part of the job was when they would leave to say goodbye to the kids. Spending time with the children every day and seeing their smiles.
Fun, loving environment
Food Specialist/ Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 30, 2014
Pros: the kids and benefits
I love working with kid so you should too. Smiling faces to educate on Pre school level all the hugs and smiles, gifts and darnest comments all in one place I worked with an excellent staff and had the best time every
Productive workplace
Lead Teacher(Infants) (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHDecember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch fun people
Cons: inconsistent work
Taking care of infants everyday. Changing diapers and feeding
children love you
Lead teacher (Current Employee), fort worth texasDecember 20, 2014
Cons: bad pay, hours not promised
The best part about working here is bonding with the children and knowing that you are touching their lives on a daily basis.
La Petite
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Norman, OKDecember 19, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: pay wasn't very high
The management was very understanding when it came to family life and worked with with schedules. However the pay wasn't very much, I still however enjoyed my time working with them.
Very stressful enviroment
Teacher/Bus driver (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GADecember 14, 2014
Pros: learning how to handle intense situations
Cons: no benefits, no teamwork enviroment, pay is unfair
A typical Day at Lapetite is hollering and breaking up fights, while trying to help other student with home work or any matter.
I love working with the children.
Teacher Assistance (Current Employee), Topeka, KSDecember 14, 2014
Pros: the hour lunch that we get.
Cons: the fact that corporate won't let us work 40 hours.
I come in at what ever time they have me scheduled and I either do breaks or go to the assigned room that I am in in the afternoon. I have learned that it is a great team to work with because I have noticed we have all pulled together to get the job done. The management is really understanding. The hardest part of the job is working and teaching the young toddlers not to get in to stuff they are not suppose to get in to and to keep the toddlers from pulling pictures off the wall. Working with the children and talking to the parents is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Child care
Childcare Provider (Current Employee), Jacksonville FlDecember 13, 2014
My typical day at work would be teaching and looking after children in my care. I keep documentation on each child, I complete paper work on each child throughout the day.
N/A
Teacher (Former Employee), MIDLOTHIAN VADecember 9, 2014
Assessments, Lesson Plans, Monitoring children, keeping the classroom clean and safe
high turn over rate
teacher assistant (Former Employee), kissimmee, flDecember 5, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: everything
I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. I worked there for 4 weeks and had to find another job. Took 4 weeks to receive my first paycheck, ALWAYS over child/teacher ratio. They are definitely not in it for the children, they only care about the money.
great management team
Teacher (Current Employee), Olive Branch, MSNovember 18, 2014
Pros: parties
Cons: short staffed
I did not enjoy how people are treated by other coworkers. I did enjoy the management.
fun, enjoyable workplace
TEACHER, WEE LITTLE LAMBS, GROVE (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 17, 2014
Pros: working with children, and free lunches
Cons: it is not in my degree feild
Working with children is a very rewarding job. I work in the infant room, toddler room, occasionally the two year old room, as well as the pre- k room. The hardest part about my job is the overwhelming stress. However, I do my best work under stress. The most enjoyable part of my day is observing how the children I work with grow and learn life lessons.
Supervisor doesn't treat everybody as an equal
Daycare Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IANovember 12, 2014
Pros: the children
Cons: rude boss, short lunch breaks, and strict rules that were never followed.
The manager/ supervisor at La Petite academy was breaking every rule in the book that is if she is still there. My day would consist of setting up all meals for the children, picking up toys all day. I would move from room to room whenever they needed me I was in charge of making sure all the teachers had what they needed.
productive workplace
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee), Lithonia, GANovember 12, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not enough help
very busy,theres always alot going on i learned how to do many things in a short period of time and i loved doing my job i believe the hardest part of my job was getting all of my toddlers to learn to use the bathroom especialy if there parents dont continue to teach them at home. otherwise i loved every bit of my job
Not At All What I Expected...
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Frederick, MDNovember 10, 2014
Pros: children, parents
Cons: management, no set schedule, high turnover, excessive gossiping
When Applying For This Job I Was Led To Believe That Becoming Apart Of The La Petite Family Would Be The Best Decision I Had Made. It Was All Lies. For Starters Our Center Did Not Have An Acting Director Therefore, It Was Basically The Blind Leading The Blind. There Was A Director In Training But Unfortunately, She Wasn't Fulfilling Her Job Duties Or Setting An Example For Other Employee's. I Was Supposed To Be Training For A Week Before Even Stepping Into A Classroom But The Director In Training Just Threw Me Into A Classroom On The Second Day Of "Training". About 2 Weeks Into The Job The Director In Training Got Reprimanded From Her Boss For Allowing Me To Be In The Classroom Without The Proper Paperwork So She Took It Out On Me & Demanded That I Use My Short Lunchbreaks To Try And Get The Paperwork Filled Out From Different Agencies. That Was My Last Straw With This Company. From Time To Time Directors Would Come In From Other Centers To "Supervise" Everything And Everyone Would Be On Their Best Behavior. . . Until They Left The Center And It Was Back To The Free For All. There Was No Set Schedule Or Hours So It Was Basically A Guessing Game As To When You Were Working. My Co-Workers Were Enjoyable, Except A Few Who Had Been Working There For A While Who Would Gossip About Other Co-Workers, Management, As Well As The Parents. Quitting Was The Best Decision I Have EVER Made!

1 2 3 4 5