La Petite Academy Employee Reviews

good place to work
Assistant Teacher/ Floater (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 18, 2017
good place to work.
Can be a little stressful at times, but thats what comes with it working with lots of children. The best reward though is getting to know the children. They just warm your heart, when having a not so good day and a child smiles and hugs you makes the day far better.
Cons
healthcare has united and century. getting century healthcare sucks BIG
Fast moving early childhood education program
VPK Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 18, 2017
A bit more challenging environment because children and staff are constantly changing due to shift changes after VPK hours are over in the afternoon near 1:00pm.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
children and teacher change made several times in a day
fun place very nice staff
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 18, 2017
I worked at La Petite for the course of a year. I started of as a teacher I wasn't trained appropriately but I didn't need it. You most likely won't have a set age of children because you'll be switched from classroom to classroom. Wasn't able to make strong impact with kids because of moving around so much.
Pros
free lunch and breakfast along with snack with kids
Cons
No place to call your classroom
Nice environment
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 17, 2017
Overall it was a nice place to work in, the environment was pleasant. The director was very nice to her staff she spoke to each and everyone of us with respect. There were times when she would take everyone out for dinners. And she always tried her best to help staff members with their problems.
Great place to advance, but it is all about "saving face"
Program Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 16, 2017
I have grown within this company from an assistant teacher into management. As I got into management, the cooperate world of "daycare" was just overwhelming and alarming. This company places such an importance on money verses their employees and the children. The first center I worked at, the management treated me like an individual and the families valued me as teacher. The STAR program made work so enjoyable. We had many dress up days, food days, and had monthly staff outing. This school was a preschool, and not a daycare. Each teacher respected their classrooms, and ran their classrooms like a class verses a daycare. Once I was promoted to another school, I became just an employee number to this company. The school I came onto, needed a lot of work. I spent countless weekends and nights helping to make this particular center to be a preschool and not a daycare. The enrollment and revenue went up by huge amounts, and this center started following basic policies and procedures, which was being ignored before. It didn't matter how much I valued this company and was loyal to them, they were not loyal to me. One bad parent review, and a silly actuation from a staff member and all my positive progress was discredited. That experience made me super disappointed in this company, and made me feel like just an employee number to them, and not a valued person. This company is all about having a good name, and anything that threatens that, they will get rid of it, regardless of how absurd it is.
Pros
Working with Children, STAR Program, Room for Advancement, Trainings
Cons
Healthcare is not the greatest, Low Pay, Turnover, Too Cooperate, All about Saving Face
Most Caring job
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 15, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the kids grow. It is a good feeling to know that the kids are actually paying attention to what you are teaching them and going home to tell their parents about it.
Great School
Assistant Diector (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 13, 2017
Positive learning environment. Teachers have degrees in early childhood and required to have ongoing learning each month. Each child is taught at their level and encourage to succeed based on their individual developmental needs.
Pros
Structured environment
productive.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHAugust 13, 2017
great job. lots of parents help out daily. had culture night every month, to learn about others. everyone worked together to get the job done. very helpful.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
none.
Lots of work
Early Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milton, WAAugust 11, 2017
After being hired on I was running my own class of 3 year old children with no support or training. A few videos on blood safety and cleaning, but never sat in on the class so had no idea what the schedule or expectations were. They go through people quickly so it's hard to maintain a consistent schedule as you are pulled through classes to fill in the gaps.
Pros
Free lunches with the kids
Cons
No real set breaks, minimum pay
Great place if you love children
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 8, 2017
Over all this was a wonderful place to work.
The staff are wonderful and there is always something to do.
Sometimes you can really worn out.
The way management works is really nice.
I would recommend this job to anyone with children as well because you can also have your children attend.
Pros
Always something to do
Cons
Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming.
It was ok
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 8, 2017
This business is no longer in the state of Arkansas. WHile I was there it was ok. Parents seemed to like it. IT neat and clean. Filled with happy children.
La Petite is an amazing ,fun place to work .
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLAugust 8, 2017
First its drop off,then story time, arts & crafts , outside time , clean up, lunch, nap time .That's the hardest part for me was nap time. It really is so great to watch these children grow & learn knowing you had a part of that.
Pros
Being around kids all day .....
Cons
Too many children and the dress code.
WOrkplace.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNAugust 7, 2017
I worked here for a year and it was ok. I wouldn't recommend unless you love kids. You didn't have a solid schedule and you could be called in that morning to com and fill in.
Fun to teach
Assistant in Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2017
Working with the students was fun and keeps you very busy all day. Base lesson plans were provided. Teachers and management were poorly compensated.
Pros
Fun, busy
Cons
Low pay
terrible
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 6, 2017
stressful and no one wanted to help in management i would not recommend this company to work for in Lake Mary. I left in a month and it was the longest month of my life
Loved my co-workers
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 5, 2017
Working with this company was an eye-opener as to how too many children are placed in one classroom. They made sure that all classrooms were well at capacity. The staff members were really pleasant to work with.
great place to work
Child Care Associate, Lead (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAAugust 2, 2017
i worked here during college. it was a great place and had the perfect hours i needed to work around my school schedule. i loved the supervisor and kids i worked with.
Great Environment
Floater/ Preschool teacher (Former Employee) –  Sabre Springs, CAAugust 2, 2017
While working at La Petite Academy, I was able to work with a wide variety of ages. The ages ranged from 0-5. I loved that most about the school because it gave me the opportunity to spend time with and learn about each age group.
Place to grow :-)
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDAugust 1, 2017
When there are hours to work, it is a great place of work. I deal with children from infants to preschools. I am a dedicated hard worker. i can relate to people at various levels, I have the ability to multi-task with excellent work ethic also work independently or on a team.
Energetic and very welcoming
Teacher (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXAugust 1, 2017
Working at La Petite has definitely taught me a lot. It taught me how to be patient, how to help children learn and guide them through everyday courses. Although working with kids does require a very good mindset and patience you sometimes forget that they are just children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Petite Academy. Our community is ready to answer.