La Petite Academy Employee Reviews

Treated new employees better than veteran employees
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 25, 2017
New hires get paid more with very little education than someone who has been there for 11 years, a lead teacher and is just half a quarter short of an associates degree. They play favorites and let some teacher get away with doing whatever they want and some get talked to for everything. Would not recommend them to my worst enemy. Would give it negative stars if I could.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Poor management
Lead/Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 24, 2017
The "director" of the school was awful. Lack of communication. She would show up to work around noon every day. Favored employees and was extremely unprofessional in all aspects of management.
Work hours are not stable and/or too long.
VPK Teacher Teach a VPK (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 22, 2017
Work hours are cut during the summer time. You do not always work the hours scheduled. They can send you home early when not enough students are in the center to support the number of staff members. Management does not support teachers well and do not communicate well with staff in regards to changes, expectations, and/or conflict resolution.
Daycare
LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee) –  New MexicoOctober 16, 2017
A lot of people may think this is a place where you just watch children. its not, its an academy with a great STEM curr. and lesson plans. the teachers are a great team and work well together.
Pros
love
Cons
sad
Working with La Petite Academy
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 16, 2017
I really enjoyed working with La Petite Academy. Everyday was different. Children were well cared for. I enjoyed working with staff members and parents.
Preschool
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOOctober 13, 2017
Loved working with the kids but was not paid very well for how stressful and how much was required for you to do. Was good experience but that’s about it.
Great co.workers awful management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mufreesboro tnOctober 13, 2017
Used to be a good co.then corporate drove it into the ground.owed 3 wks paid vacation after years of service then they took 2 wks away.take 2 hr lunches and return to wrk.management stinks.wasted years of service.it's about the money not kids high turnover rate
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Lies and management
was a good place to work till the new management started there
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 12, 2017
typical day is very stressful just because of the new management love the kids and Teachers who are a joy to teach and work with but not the new management
Pros
kids and teachers
Cons
management
This company does NOT care about their employees!
Toddler/Twos Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLOctober 12, 2017
Think twice before working here. Lots of broken promises, you are expected to work overtime and give you a hard time if you tell them you can't work extra hours. They do not care about your health and well-being, they only care about profits.
Pros
Health care benefits
Cons
Too much overtime, management doesn't care about employee well-being
Amazing place to work for!
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILOctober 10, 2017
It's always fun seeing children learn new things that you're teaching them! I've learned so much about myself in a teaching role at this job. The best part of this job is the recognition from the parents on how much their kids are improving everyday and getting ready for kindergarten!
Pros
healthcare benefits, Pto, flexible schedule
Cons
sometimes drama with coworkers
Great co-workers!
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pelham, ALOctober 10, 2017
I have enjoyed the tremendous support from co-workers and parents at La Petite. Working with preschoolers is, by nature, hectic, but I have been very happy at this school.
Pros
Wonderful loving co-workers
Cons
Constant record updating while supervising.
hard work by low pay
LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 10, 2017
I preference no comment, just say all live all you riches professional and made Balance in my life. this work tech me various tats helps more experience and more educational achievement.
Productive and fun workplace to work with kids.
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 6, 2017
A typical day at work involves assisting teachers in their classrooms. I learned to interact with parents and children in a productive way. The management gets hired and fired and there are times when there is not management at all. The workplace culture is nice. The hardest part of the job is managing new employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is the children being happy.
Pros
Lunch with the kids, benefits.
Cons
There are not many cons with this company.
good first job in education or while in school, not a good long term plan.
Teacher / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  TNOctober 4, 2017
OK place, great first job in education or while in school, not a good long-term plan. Pay and benefits are poor but comparable to other daycares. Access to good curriculum and planning resources, but micro management from corporate makes most things difficult. Very little room for advancement. They do a good job on staying up to date on education and licensing policy. Individuals at centers are great, great teachers, very poor upper management.
Pros
some good mgmt, access to research and traning if you are willing to ask for it
Cons
bad pay and benefits
Very great job for individuals who love working with children
Girvin Rd, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 4, 2017
Overall, it has a great work environment. Pays well and does have paid time off. Love the coworkers and supervisors! This job has helped me work towards getting my CDA and required training.
La Petite Academy
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tyrone, GAOctober 4, 2017
I come in at 7:30 then I pull my kids get then reading for the instructional learning hours of the day. Then we have breakfast, which lead to our second lesson. After our second lesson they go to center till it is time to go outside. Lunch is at 11:30 followed by nap at 12 to 2:30. My day ends at 4.
Pros
Monthly staff meeting, friendly staff
Cons
employee drama
Fun place to work at
Program Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHOctober 4, 2017
Working with the children is so fun, but there is a lot of paperwork. Another issue that I personally I had was they said they accepted all children, but if a child came in with a disability it would take an extremely long time to get them accepted into the program and by the time the child was accepted the family had already found care elsewhere. During the entire time that I work there not one child with a disability enrolled.
Pros
discount on childcare
Cons
some of the staff needed to be replaced
Cook
Food Specialist ( Cook) (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 2, 2017
Great working around children, but fast pace cooking, kitchen inventory, plus helping in classrooms when needed. Good teamwork. I really liked work there.
Poor beneficts
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 28, 2017
They started me as a new hired and told me that it would take 3 months to benefits to reflect is been months and I have not receive my benefits. I didn't feel part of a team.
Great place to work.
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 27, 2017
Friendly coworkers. Positive environment. Clean and organized. Would recommend to anyone, either for work and child care. Would have liked better pay but for never been in child care it was expected.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Petite Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9