La Petite Academy

La Petite Academy Employee Reviews

Love the staff
Director (Former Employee), ColoradoMay 10, 2015
Pros: Having a wonderful staff and wonderful familes to ccare for
Cons: No support the DM and the DVP
I love working with the ladies that I work with. Atypical day at work for me was doing paper work and also having to cover for staff when they were out. I love being in the and out of the classrooms and just being able to be a part of the staff and the children in their classroom environment. Learned to never give up even if the help is not there. I also learned that I have the most amazing staff. They helped me through so many things. As far as management I wish I had more help to do my job to the fullest. The hardest part of my job was really making the DM understand my struggle and getting help to fix the buildings appearance without help. I most enjoyed working with the staff and the children. They were the reason I woke up wanting and loving to go to work.
Job
Closing Team Lead / VPK Teacher/School age Teacher (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2015
Good company. Good starter job. Wish they were more selective of the children they allow into their programs. Worth a try.
Fastgoing and low budget school
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 6, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: long hours, management weak, no training
You are forced to work past your scheduled shift even when you refuse. Part time workers are forced to work full time shifts. Tuition is extremely high for family's but the money is not returned to the classroom. Management is more focused on making money and enrollment than what is best for the classrooms needs.
great place to work
Lead preschool teacher (Current Employee), Spring, TXMay 5, 2015
here I am a preschool teacher with ages 2,3, and 4 years of age. the most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with the children
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 5, 2015
LaPetite is a good place to work my co workers are awesome. I feel that we need to have direct contact with coporate office on certain issues because they go over looked. After being reported.
Not a good place
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 30, 2015
the place is falling apart and the directors dont care about the employees nor the children. you can get hours but they dont provide you with anything to teach with.
It was exciting to work with children
Preschool Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSApril 30, 2015
I was able to teach a small classroom different projects, help them with their lunches, take them outside for recess, and pack their bags to go home. Each day we had to give a detailed report to the child's parent, face to face. It was a very rewarding job.
Loving Classroom with Constant Learning
Teacher (Former Employee), Aurora, ILApril 28, 2015
I was the Toddler teacher with 5 students. I absolutely loved my kids. The smiles on their faces made coming to work everyday worthwhile.
Teaching there was a great experience
LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 24, 2015
My co workers were again like family to me we work well together. I loved teaching my 3 and 4 years about reading, writing and discovering new things. Management trusted me to train new staff for the center.
busy, hecic
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 23, 2015
busy atmosphere
always busy
not paid well
very hectic
fast paced environment
always on your feet
good job if you like kids
productive work schedule
Pre- Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNApril 22, 2015
At first it was something knew after I warmed up to it I found out that working with people must be my niche, I would certainly do it again the staff and work environment was Awesome
It's ok
Two's Teacher (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLApril 21, 2015
La Petitieis an OK company to work for if you are looking for part time work. Working here is OK. You do not have a set schedule, so you don't know when you have to come to work.
La Petite Review
Pre-School/Toddler Room Teacher (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 20, 2015
The best part of my day was getting to work with children and getting to create fun and interactive lessons to help them learn and grow. I learned a lot from this job about childhood development and how to create fun and interactive lessons for pre-school/toddler aged children.
Convenient facility
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 20, 2015
The location of this place was a large part of why I worked here. It was within walking distance of my home at the time.

This facility was pretty typical of most day care centers. The noise level could get loud sometimes because they had half walls dividing some of the class groups instead of actual separate classrooms.

I loved working with the children and enjoyed seeing them grow and learn over time.

The hardest part of working here was maintaining a focused learning environment at times. Because of the half-walls the kids would become distracted easily by what was happening in other classrooms.
great place to work
Teacher/Van Driver (Former Employee), Covington, WAApril 16, 2015
Worked with great people and great kids. I learned a lot about kids and how they are all different. I worked with some great people.
Children should be put first
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Verona, WIApril 12, 2015
La Petite is very corporate for a child care facility. The way the daycare looks and the amount of money the daycare brings in are both more important than the quality of care for the children. It was a very uncomfortable environment to work in.
Growing atmosphere
Daycare Teacher (Current Employee), Spring, TXApril 11, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation
Cons: short breaks, schedule not guaranteed, on call
The job there is pretty okay. On a typical day we go to our normal shifts and I start floating to relieve for breaks. Ive learned how to multi task with plenty of toddlers and babies, and how to enduldge in frequent activities with them. Management is pretty good, Im just not a big fan of being on call for a job most of the week, I like to have a steady schedule. The hardest part is when we have to bump the kids over, or if someone calls in and the load is much heavier than usual, and especially when someone calls or texts me between the hours of 5 and 7 am to ask me to come in immediately. I enjoy the children, alot and the overall atmosphere of the job
l like working
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 10, 2015
it was a good job , i really helping out the child with homework and getting to Know their family. i was like a second home for me.
Kids can be cute, and also a handful
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDApril 9, 2015
Pros: long lunch, pay
Cons: gossip, unorganized
Management is a bit of a mess... especially when it comes to lunch breaks. There is no set time for lunch its kind of just a "Who wants to go now" kind of thing. Also, when children misbehave in class or harms another child we need to "sugarcoat" so parents don't become upset and cause its all about the money. I've learned many different techniques for behavior management for kids. I was pleased with my coworkers however, there was a lot of gossip which also came from the directors at the childcare. The hardest part was having to deal with a room of 12 children and managing everything they did and their schedules. Most enjoyable part was seeing the children grow and seeing them happy.
Fun place to work while getting to teach babies
Co-Lead Infant Teacher (Current Employee), Olathe, KSApril 9, 2015
Cons: Benefits are not very good
A typical day includes taking care of 6 babies while following the La Petite curriculum. I learned how to manage patience since working with 6 babies can be very overwhelming. Management is great! very helpful. My direct co-work is the best!

La Petite Academy Salaries