La Petite Academy

La Petite Academy Employee Reviews

It's ok
Two's Teacher (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLApril 21, 2015
La Petitieis an OK company to work for if you are looking for part time work. Working here is OK. You do not have a set schedule, so you don't know when you have to come to work.
La Petite Review
Pre-School/Toddler Room Teacher (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 20, 2015
The best part of my day was getting to work with children and getting to create fun and interactive lessons to help them learn and grow. I learned a lot from this job about childhood development and how to create fun and interactive lessons for pre-school/toddler aged children.
Convenient facility
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 20, 2015
The location of this place was a large part of why I worked here. It was within walking distance of my home at the time.

This facility was pretty typical of most day care centers. The noise level could get loud sometimes because they had half walls dividing some of the class groups instead of actual separate classrooms.

I loved working with the children and enjoyed seeing them grow and learn over time.

The hardest part of working here was maintaining a focused learning environment at times. Because of the half-walls the kids would become distracted easily by what was happening in other classrooms.
great place to work
Teacher/Van Driver (Former Employee), Covington, WAApril 16, 2015
Worked with great people and great kids. I learned a lot about kids and how they are all different. I worked with some great people.
Children should be put first
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Verona, WIApril 12, 2015
La Petite is very corporate for a child care facility. The way the daycare looks and the amount of money the daycare brings in are both more important than the quality of care for the children. It was a very uncomfortable environment to work in.
Growing atmosphere
Daycare Teacher (Current Employee), Spring, TXApril 11, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation
Cons: short breaks, schedule not guaranteed, on call
The job there is pretty okay. On a typical day we go to our normal shifts and I start floating to relieve for breaks. Ive learned how to multi task with plenty of toddlers and babies, and how to enduldge in frequent activities with them. Management is pretty good, Im just not a big fan of being on call for a job most of the week, I like to have a steady schedule. The hardest part is when we have to bump the kids over, or if someone calls in and the load is much heavier than usual, and especially when someone calls or texts me between the hours of 5 and 7 am to ask me to come in immediately. I enjoy the children, alot and the overall atmosphere of the job
l like working
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 10, 2015
it was a good job , i really helping out the child with homework and getting to Know their family. i was like a second home for me.
Kids can be cute, and also a handful
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDApril 9, 2015
Pros: long lunch, pay
Cons: gossip, unorganized
Management is a bit of a mess... especially when it comes to lunch breaks. There is no set time for lunch its kind of just a "Who wants to go now" kind of thing. Also, when children misbehave in class or harms another child we need to "sugarcoat" so parents don't become upset and cause its all about the money. I've learned many different techniques for behavior management for kids. I was pleased with my coworkers however, there was a lot of gossip which also came from the directors at the childcare. The hardest part was having to deal with a room of 12 children and managing everything they did and their schedules. Most enjoyable part was seeing the children grow and seeing them happy.
Fun place to work while getting to teach babies
Co-Lead Infant Teacher (Current Employee), Olathe, KSApril 9, 2015
Cons: Benefits are not very good
A typical day includes taking care of 6 babies while following the La Petite curriculum. I learned how to manage patience since working with 6 babies can be very overwhelming. Management is great! very helpful. My direct co-work is the best!
Very understanding environment
Team Supervisor (Former Employee), West ColumbiaApril 6, 2015
Pros: Enthusiastic environment
Being apart of La Petite first as a teacher and then as team lead increased my knowledge of what families need to be productive and progressive. It is a families first environment. I enjoyed helping the children and families transition throughout the school.
Reliable job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 1, 2015
Pros: weekends off
Cons: long days, low pay
I was responsible for being an assistant in a two year old room, changing diapers, feeding children, making sure they follow a schedule, helping with reading/learning activities, etc.
This job was okay. Very reliable with a set number of hours per week. However, very anti-overtime. I was at working for 50+ hours a week, yet only getting paid for 40 because they would send me on 2 hour lunch breaks. Left my house at 7-730 in the morning, didn't get home until 630 most days. Very draining. Childcare also offers very low pay. Practically minimum wage. I love and miss the children dearly though.
try to make it fun for the kids but on the whole its not.
Cook (Former Employee), mercedes/Vance Ala.March 26, 2015
Pros: lots of hugs and kisses
Cons: lack of good management .
cook and prepare three meals a day. Some times cook for the parents,like on special occasions/thanksgiving, christmas. J learned how to cook institutional foods and how to purchase and store these foods . I had a great repore with the kids as well as the parents. If they had special diets I always made sure they were taken care of. think the children were the best part of my job I recieved so many hugs and I love yous,The best part of my day! I think the hardest part of my job was leaving . Due for the most part to poor management .My coworkers as a whole were special as teachers and caretakers .God Bless them.
Educational
Certified Pre-School Teacher (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 24, 2015
Everyday I tried to make sure that the children enjoyed their time there. I learned to inspire and offer a fun place so the children didn't miss their parents so much. The co-workers all had the same goal. The hardest part was when a child could not be comforted and the best was when a child did not want to leave when their parent came to pick them up!
Great first job
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Cypress, TXMarch 23, 2015
La Petite was my first job that's where I found out that I liked working in daycare the hours were great but the pay was not well. The job was amazing though and the workers there taught me very much I loved this job.
Great atmosphere with very vibrant people
Teacher (Former Employee), Dumfries, VAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great attitudes
Cons: long hours nobody to help if we needed off
It was great I had such un with the children and the staff. It was a place were relationships came easy. My directors were honest and well mannered. The kids were very involved with everything and everyone was always in a good mood and if not the bad vibes were short lived with a joke or some other act of positivity.
Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), albuquerque nmMarch 13, 2015
busy busy busy
teaching children from 6 weeks to 12 years old.
Kids say the damnest things.
lots of fun painting learning and playing
LaPetite
PRE K TEACHER (Current Employee), Louisville KyMarch 7, 2015
Pros: team workers
Cons: short breaks, no paid leave days, favortism in management
My day starts with greeting the children,Finding out what my assignments are for the day.I love that I get to work with young children before they are jaded to the educational process.I`ve learned to be a great listener and to be a prompt and also ad lib when nessasary.I enjoy my co-workers and value their opinions daily.We work as a team. Changing schedules in a very short notice is the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I have truly accomplished something at the end of each day.
Not very professional workplace
Daycare Floater & Child (Former Employee), Ormond Beach, FLMarch 4, 2015
I worked here at Lapetite for four years it was an okay place to work. They do not have any sympathy what so ever about your personnal problems or issues such as with young ones. And they make it hard and unaffordable to bring your kids with you to work.
It was alright.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Centreville, VAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: benefits, wages.
I did have great connections with the parents and the teachers. Management was nice, but there were a lot of complaints. The company changed hands and went down hill from there.
Fast Paced and fun
Teacher (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 22, 2015
Cons: low pay
My experience at La Petite has allowed me to grow on a professional as well as personal basis. Management and staff are easy to work with and get along well. There is always open communication to ensure that management and staff are on the same page and working as a team. The parents are very supportive of not only my teaching methods but the curriculum i develop as well.

La Petite Academy Salaries